Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna dissect this little by little to share my thoughts with you on the matter. But, that'd be bad cuz I don't want to bombard anyone with a long essay lol (>.<) All I can say to keep this short is: Like how Lan Wangji's love towards Wei ran deep starting on that fateful night in Cloud Recesses at the age of 15. The same is said for Jiang Cheng but instead of 15, it was for their whole life.

Cheng does care about Wei. He was hurt & angry when Wei left the sect, choosing the Wen's over his own family, Wei broke his promise. Cheng kept a lot of emotions bottled up, and YanLi's death was the last straw. @winter-t 's analysis on Cheng, and their falling out, is a good read if you haven't come across it yet I highly recommend you read them: Here & Here. Otherwise, the Characters & Chapters discussion section in the directory under Cheng's name will delve into his character a bit more and makes ya wanna cry even more or you can call Jiang Cheng's wife out and talk to her~ Pokes at @Cypress

Personally, I feel what started Wei's unfortunate demise was Jin Zixuan's death. If it weren't for him dying things wouldn't have escalated so poorly. But others have stated other scenes in the novel even way before ZiXuan's death which could've helped Wei in some way. I just don't think Wangji had any deep thoughts concerning Weny bear cuz he never properly met the man before let alone interacted with him. They've seen each other possibly in passing, such as the Wen's archery competition, but nothing more.

As for "The beginning of disasters that caused Wei's death" I think when Wei emerged out of Burial Mounds, met up with Wangji after 3 months going missing surrounded by resentful energy was when Wangji knew it wasn't going to end well for him. Wangji has been asking & begging Wei to come to Gusu with him even before Wen Qing pleaded to Wei for help to save Wen Ning & the rest.

At the end of the day, there are many perspectives on this matter :blobpopcorn:

2. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna join the Kuroko no Basket binge :blobsob:
    ahhh gawd noo not again :sweating_profusely: *prays for MXTX mental and physical health*

3. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    You can come and watch if you like I got all seasons and the movie downloaded on my laptop....... They are always bingeing on animes I have in my laptop (there are a lot tbh :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:)

Yup same here but its just a novel like many other bl novels it's not the first bl novel to grace the world either lol :blob_grin::blobjoy: why is everyone getting so freakin serious like it's bad for the underage better report it and why do those kids even have access to it haven't heard of a parental control option yet lol omg this drama can make even a angel go insane lol there are a lot of animes and other stuff I don't let my nephews watch so I make sure they don't even have access to it

Btw this picture looks fun can guess what it say but still dont understand totally what's it about
    IMG_20190117_204536.jpg
    And that last sect who are they???

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  4. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    *steals Rufi-san's laptop* :blobpeek:
    Omg my parents weren't even aware of parental control option :blobjoy: they arent techy ppl so they left the "protect little siblings from the internet" to me :blobastonished:

If I were to guess could this pic possibly be the places the five cultivational sects in gdc are located in real life China?? Stange though I wonder what sect that is under the Wen's symbol, shouldn't there only be 5 ? :hmm:

5. bigbadredpanda

bigbadredpanda Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a map of the location of the Sects, the legend also mentions the corresponding cities in modern times. And the last Sect is Yiling, the crest seems to be a representation of the Tiger Seal ;)

6. asckj1

asckj1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... big post
    Umm... there's a very big reason why Wei WuXian chose to support Wen Ning and Wen Qing, because they both saved Jiang Cheng and him when his golden core had melted and he had been locked in lotus pier by Wen Chao <---that's how i understand it from seeing the donghua and reading the chapters. Jiang Cheng didn't show the courtesy to both the Wens though they were his lifesavers. Wei WuXian supported these Wens because they saved his life too by not telling on him when they save Jiang Cheng.

He did search for Wei WuXian, but from reading in the chapters how he treated all demonic cultivators, it seems he wasn't just going to welcome Wei WuXian with open arms and into his YunmengJiang sect. I haven't clearly read Wei WuXian's last moments but i don't think Jiang Cheng was the one who was helping him in his last moments. From what i've read here and there, he was the one who lead the seige on burial mounds with the aim of destroying everyone there including possibly Wei WuXian because he thought he killed his sister. At this time Lan WangJi was the only person helping Wei WuXian. So yes, Jiang Cheng did search for Wei WuXian for all thise years but i don't sense any positive reasons for his searching (this is a blank fir my understanding) . Jiang Cheng also scolded Jin Ling during the initial chapters about how Jin Ling should just feed the people who practice demonic cultivation to his dog. He clearly disliked demonic cultivators. He did support Wei WuXian after he turned into the Yiling Patriarch, but he never tried to understand why Wei WuXian supported Wen Ning and Wen Qing and rejected them furiously despite Wei WuXian clearly stating why he shoukd be thankful to them both.
    Yes, his pride must have been hurt, but there was no way Wei WuXian would abandon their lifesavers and at the same time be able to live with Jiang Cheng in lotus pier supporting him. Ofcourse, this also upset Jiang Cheng. And when Wei WuXian got news of Wen Ning and Wen Qing getting killed by JinLing sect, he went into a fit of rage and in that his corpses killed some people. One of their relatives again in rage killed Jiang YangLi, not Wei WuXian. But yet again Jiang Cheng took it as if Wei WuXian killed his sister. Wei WuXian unfortunately had the worst luck every single time. Whenever he did something somehow it became as if he was the only culprit for everything bad that was happening. With lotus pier and Jiang cheng's parents getting killed, Wen Chao had special hatred for Wei WuXian, but Madam Yu not complying with Wen Chao's b**** was also another reason things got out if hand and Wen Chao was only waiting for something to happen in order to wipeout YunmengJiang sect at once. But Jiang Cheng took these turn of events as if Wei WuXian was responsible for everything.

When Wei WuXian died, there really was nowhere he belonged to except at the burial mounds. Jiang Cheng had already fixed in his head that Wei WuXian ruined every single thing in his life and led everyone dear to him to their deaths. Of course, Wei WuXian couldn't go back to him after he was resurrected. And again, it wasn't like Jiang Cheng showed any feelings of welcoming Wei WuXian after his resurrection. Also, Wei WuXian didn't exactly want to go back to Lan WangJi either because he didn't like the Lan Clan's stuffy rules and he was hated by the seniors there as well. Lan WangJi sort of tried to forcefully keep him in Cloud Recesses after his resurrection. I won't describe each detail of these events else the post will go on forever. So, Wei WuXian was made to choose initially after his resurrection but very soon his feelings for Lan WangJi from long ago were taking over him and he sort of couldn't leave Lan WangJi after that.

Yes, Jiang Cheng suffered hell no doubt about that. But i hope from my above explanations it will become clear why i'm saying that Jiang Cheng has made wrong assumptions.

I still stand by my theory about why Lan WangJi reacts the way he does towards Wen Ning. It's no jealousy. There's more to Lan WangJi's character just like there's more to Jiang Cheng's character as debated above. Enjoying this good debate very much :D Lan WangJi is stubborn in his actions, so am I in my theory hahahaha
    ------
    C106 updated by chiaki himura (instagram) :D:D

Sei Rah, Heroine, LoveManga and 6 others like this.
  7. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    nah i oso hate her she is super annoyin the most annoyin charcater in the series lol.
    im confused wif it lol.
    ya they kept her alive in the movie compilation and i was like wtffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff LOLOLOLOL the most annoyin bitch ever ahhahhahah i don like her and don like suzaku oso hahahha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    ?????? say wat lol
    LMAO AHHAHAHHAHHAHA LOLOL true though:p
    hmmmm true the one hu spoke was wen qing and not wen ning nice obsvervation hahahaha (y).
    ALL HAIL LELOUCH !!!!!:blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom:
    AHHAHAHHA same here too hook on th MDZS to start on SV and HOB. btw do u hav the link to where i can read the HOB translation?:cookie::blobReach:
    maybe cause due to his talent in cultivating was bad and couldnt handle the resentful engery and might kill him and he cannot die yet since he like to keep scheming and killin framin ppl left and right just to be acknowlegde by the world -.-. or demonic cultivation was too strong for someone so weak as JGY
    :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: AHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH i didnt imagine tat lan zhan would alreadi be awake though drunk and saw tat. lol ahhahahahhaha i thought lan zhan just doesnt like to see wen ning cause wei played thier song for wen ning ahhahahah (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
    JC blames everything and everyone for his misfourtunes etc etc just -.- just like his mom which makes he not like him at all. hahahhaha
    i nvr like JC to being wif ahhahahahahha. for me is i think JC just wan to think tat he can keep wei under control by usin the fact tat he owes the jiang family alot for takin him in and everything. and tat JC like his mom just wan to use him to protect JC. but yes wei said he would be help JC whe n JC becom sect leader. but things happen and JC onli thinks of himself and his sect nth else.
    true when someone breaks thier promise its not a gd thing the other party will feel betrayed. but to soely blame everything on wei is like wtf JC himself let the other sects control him to "kick" wei out and let them control his thoughts and poke at JC weak points in being compared to others whcih JC hates the most. and JC himself let it get to him and oso accpected the fact tat he cannot change wei mind about wantin to protect the wen and let wei do wat he wanted. and he still can say he was hurt and angry at wei for leavin the sect??????????? tat is just plain fked up sia. -.- :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:. just like his mother always thinkin blamin others is the easiest way and just keep everything and hate wei to the core for everything just cause ots the easiest thing to do lol

8. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    JC has always made the wrpng assumptions and he will contiune doin so cause for him its the easiest way to live wif the hatred he has held for so long ever since JC lost his parents and he will awlays blame wei ying for it. and he is an ungrateful bastard to not wan to the help the ppl tat save him and wei. i guess when ur vassel is so petty and small things like things happen to always hold grduges and be tick off at the slightest bit of being compared to others:facepalm::facepalm:.

if JC was searchin 13 yrs for wei den y did he go and lead the seige on him when JC will be sad aft tat. and even aft wei came bak he still hated wei, or is it cause wei got eaten by his own crospe army tat JC nvr got to vent out his pented up anger and resentment for wei, tats y JC kept lookin for wei for 13 yrs and will catch any person hu uses the same demonic cultivation and kill them? so he can find wei and kill him wif his own hands since he didnt get a chance at all?

and if JC cant even be borthded to help the ppl tat save his and wei life den even havin a pride MEANS SHIT lol. does tat sound correct lol sound abit weird lol .

wei ying has bad luck or things just happen and cause they nvr get strong enough.

LoveManga, chiino, asckj1 and 4 others like this.
  9. Rufi-sidd

Reading List:
    Link
    @Fiorisi -chan If you do steal my laptop I beg you please leave the anime "the royal tutor" behind on a usb otherwise these minions and royal tutor fanatics are not gonna let me live in peace lol it's their (all of them love it even the youngest nephew who understands nothing about anything in life yet) favorite anime. Take anything but leave that behind please :sweating_profusely: They literally open it in the middle of another anime and start watching I have already seen it with them like nearly a thousand times...... :notlikeblob::blobsob: they even have it on their tab :sweating_profusely:

My parents aren't techy peeps either well tbh there wasn't much tech when I was little but they still kept an eye on everything made sure we didn't have access to anything that was not age appropriate.....
    Aahh~ thankyou!!! Arigato @bigbadredpanda -san!!! The yiling laozu sect in the yiling graves (burial mound)......

setsuna3025, chiino, Fiorisi and 2 others like this.
  10. Rufi-sidd

Reading List:
    Link
    I felt like I fell into an abyss while reading this I was at the doctor with my mom and everyone stare at me like is she ok why is the phone so near her face it's literally touching her nose lol well tsun tsun uncle is a one of the tragic characters who didn't have it easy just like the cinnamon roll wen ning.......

50ac87ab3db0ca6c7811a5ed9dbebbec.jpg
    Lol that Mulan scene lol omg I wish there was another panel under it with lan zhan saying "dinner would be great." like li shang in mulan.......

By the way guys in the donghua when Wei ying talked about Baoshan Sanren in episode 12 I think he called her a "he" that means her gender has changed in the donghua too???
    Screenshot_2019-01-18-00-55-31-1.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-18-00-55-38-1.png

11. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I can tell :blobsweat: I mean I'm up to that part when Shen Qinqiu (I think that's how you spell his name) sacrificed himself for Binghe and you can bet I was crying in that chapter :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob: I do Love Luo Binghe, I actually love that dynamic how he's soft with Shizun and scary to everyone else hahahha :blobowoevil::blobsmilehappyeyes:

===

P.S. All these discussions on Jiang Cheng here XD. I'm not going to really put my thoughts on his character since I already talked about him before, I can understand why people don't like him much or don't like him because I feel the same, despite I don't hate him. I will go and make this comment, coming from someone who feels neutral on his character, Jiang Cheng did care for Weiying and yes, the root to him not liking Wen Ning and the Wen remnants is because Weiying broke his promise in protecting them over staying by Jiang Cheng side, because he did made that promise to him, so yes, in JC eyes, I can see why he didn't like what Wei Ying did...However I still felt that Wei Ying sacrificed more for Jiang Cheng than Jiang Cheng did for him. For Wei Ying , if Jiang Cheng needed his help, Wei Ying will give it his all to help him and save him HOWEVER, when the situation is reversed, when Wei Ying needed Jiang Cheng to at least understand why he did what he did, why he wanted to protect the innocent Wen's, he chose protecting his own sect over standing by Wei Ying side. He even made a "show" in front of everyone to show that he kicked Wei Ying out from the sect and from then on, whatever Wei Ying does doesn't concern him. Yes, Wei Ying was the one who suggested this idea that JC can kick him out from the sect, but he did it to protect him and his sect, but this doesn't benefit Wei Ying in the slightest. Does giving a show and having Jiang Cheng seriously stab him first makes Wei Ying feel any better, this still hurts him.... Despite its a show, but it's a show to show everyone that he no longer is part of the YMJ sect. He protected the Wen's out of selflessness because they needed it. He suggested that JC can Kick him out of the sect(a place he calls home) so JC and YMJ sect can be saved. This is out of selflessness too. It's always because of these selflessness he suffers silently deep down. Honestly to me, it isn't all on Wei Ying who broke his promise by not staying by JC side, because in another sense, Wei Ying never really broke his promise because the day he transferred his GC to JC, a part of him is always by his side, never left him. His GC assisted JC all these years....So physically he wasn't but spiritually he was... To me, I always see that to Jiang Cheng, despite the still cares and loves Wei Ying as a family, he won't go through that same sacrifice for Wei Ying if the situation is reversed. Like his actions shows me....How he prioritize, he prioritize in this order : His parents and sister as well Jin Ling, his sect and then Wei Ying. Like he won't give up his sect to protect Wei Ying by going up against the others so yeah, so yeah. I personally don't disagree that JC cares for Wei Ying and the reason why he hates Wen Ning(I felt like he is so wronged, poor Wen Ning) because of that reason, but he wasn't able to show me that he cares for Wei Ying enough to go up against the other sect to protect Wei Ying. They work stronger together than them acting separately. And the difference between JC and Lan Zhan after Wei Ying died in those 13 years is... Lan Zhan mourned for his death because he loves him whereas JC never forget about Wei Ying because he was holding onto that hatred he has for him... I don't see how capturing the others who resembles Wei Ying and torture them etc is a sign of affection though:blobpensive:

Sorry, I said I won't type long but I ended up typing long..

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Rcyan, Heroine, setsuna3025 and 8 others like this.
  12. catbitmytongue.98

catbitmytongue.98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ^This. Although there are a lot of redeeming instances for JC, I still think he's a dislikable character. Not to mention, someone got traumatized seeing JC flogging someone to death (almost?)

Nyann, Pretty Yunita, asckj1 and 4 others like this.
  13. Rufi-sidd

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps he was borderlining from the tsundere territory towards the yandere territory you know love em enough to kill them lol just saying really~

Yulia Scarlet, nejvi and Sauling like this.
  14. heatherlkl

heatherlkl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you consider the relationship between Wei Wuxian and Nie Huaisang? I just read the character profile of WWX and it lists NH as his enemy. I don't see them as enemies at all, I thought they were close friends. I know NH plotted the whole thing but in a way he helped WWX clear his name after all of these years. Thoughts? Here's the link: http://modao-zushi.wikia.com/wiki/Wei_Wuxian

Rcyan, Fiorisi, Rufi-sidd and 2 others like this.
  15. heatherlkl

heatherlkl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only read through chapter 106 so there might be something important that I haven't got to yet, I was just surprised that he was listed as an enemy because it is so hard for me to see NH as a bad guy.

16. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! But to me, I definitely felt he's a yandere haha. I already got that vibe from him when I read from the beginning, like how he came to love Shizun (Shen Qingqiu); but despite he's a yandere, I don't think he have that heart to kill him. I actually find him quite an interesting and loveable character haha the story is MORE interesting with him in it!

17. LoveManga

LoveManga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WWX and NHS were friends when they studied at Gusu Lan. However, the method NHS utilized to bring down JGY is disliked by WWX. WWX does not approve of such underhanded methods of destroying your enemies and possibly involving innocent cultivators. This could be why NHS is listed as WWX’s enemy.

18. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I agree with this on my end. Personally for me I don't like how he involved innocent cultivators to bring down JGY (despite I still like him if I ignore some parts); because I still held him responsible for that ending that LXC got in the end :blobsob::blobsob:

19. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    (ノ´ з `)ノOoommggg!! Wei has a symbol!! Ahhhhh!! yeesss!!
    It's their fave?!?! MINE TOO!! (/▽\*)。o○♡ I've been begging for a season 2!!! I've literally watched it over & over again myself! Ugh! Can I steal your nephews & nieces? My siblings taste in anime are a bit different ( ╥ω╥ )

I wish there were more interactions between Huisang & Wei (。•́︿•̀。)
    Though they have their differences they both carry a certain respect & understanding towards the other.

20. asckj1

asckj1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just want to add more evidence into my thoughts on why Jiang Cheng might not be supportive of Wei WuXian

from c92
    Wei WuXian moved his gaze from Lan WangJi’s calm face with a short pause of surprise, “Lotus Pier is scary? How could Lotus Pier be scary? You’ve been there?”

The owner, “I haven’t been there myself, but I know someone who went because his house was being badly haunted. But it was all bad luck. That Sect Leader Jiang was cracking a glowing whip right on the training field. The victim’s flesh and blood flew as high as his screams! A servant secretly informed him that the sect leader caught the wrong person again, that he hadn’t been in a great mood, and that he definitely shouldn’t be irritated in any way. He was so scared that he dropped off the gifts he brought and fled at once. He never dared visit again.”

Wei WuXian had long since heard of how Jiang Cheng had been searching for cultivators of the ghost path who seemed like they seized another’s body, taking all of them into Lotus Pier to be tortured and questioned. The owner’s friend probably just happened to have ran into him when he was letting off steam. It wasn’t hard to imagine how hideous Jiang Cheng would’ve looked, so no wonder a normal person would make a run for it.

Also his hating Wen Ning
    The owner, “Also, I’ve heard of another person who was scared away.”

Wei WuXian, “Scared away by what?” It couldn’t have been when Jiang Cheng was whipping someone again, could it? Just how often did Jiang Cheng capture people and whip them?

The owner, “No, no. It was his misfortune. The person’s surname was Wen, and that Sect Leader Jiang’s archenemy happened to have the surname of Wen as well. He’s hating on everyone in this world whose surname is Wen. Whenever he sees one, he’d grind his teeth in hatred, wanting to skin them alive. How could he give a single friendly look to…”

Also what Jin GuanYao says about Jiang Cheng, which once again points to the fact that Jiang Cheng was not really harbouring supportive anf good thoughts about Wei WuXian.
    from c104
    He gazed over at Jiang Cheng and remained silent for a moment before saying, “Sect Leader Jiang, please calm down a little, I understand how you’re feeling. Right now you’re feeling enraged because you’ve already found out about the truth of the golden core and reflected upon everything that happened all these years. You feel guilty, so you’re eager to find a murderer to shift all the blame away from Young Master Wei and punish him soundly with the whip, treating it as having sought revenge for Young Master Wei and ease the guilt within yourself.

“If you really believe that I was the one who had planned everything that happened at Qiongqi Path starting from the thousand holes curse then please, go ahead and do so, I don’t care. But what you must understand is that, you too had a part to play in the state that Young Master Wei ended up in, and a large part at that. Why were so many people that excited to siege against the Yiling Patriarch? Why was everyone so eager to blame him for everything, regardless of whether he was actually involved or not? Why was it that when he fell, everyone wanted to lay siege to him? Was it merely a sense of justice? Of course not. One part of the reason was you.”
    and
    “......Back then, the Lanling Jin sect, Qinghe Nie sect and Gusu Lan sect had already declared rivalry against each other and went their separate ways, and the rest of the clans could only pick up the pieces left by them. Whereas you, who had just rebuilt Lotus Pier, had the formidable and extremely dangerous Yiling Patriarch Wei Wuxian behind you. Did you think that the other sects would have been happy seeing such a young, powerful and independent sect leader? The only fortunate thing was that, you didn’t seem to be on good relations with your brother, so everyone felt that if there was an opportunity, they would try to separate you two apart. Anyway, it was in order not to let the Yunmeng Jiang sect become too powerful, and for them to become even more powerful. Sect Leader Jiang, if you had just treated your brother just a little bit better to show that your alliance could not be broken, to send a message to bystanders to retreat and not try to challenge that bond, or perhaps to be a little more forgiving about what happened, things wouldn’t have turned out this way. Ah, speaking of which, you had a part in leading the siege on the burial mound too……”

These points in addition to how Jiang Cheng has always detested Wei WuXian (as I mentioned in previous posts) lead me to say that whatever Jing Cheng's hate of Wen Ning wasn't simply because Wen Ning caused Jiang Cheng and Wei WuXian to drift apart. Wei WuXian broke the promise, yes. But the circumstances were such that even if he wanted to support Jiang Cheng to the fullest he couldn't stay by his side because Jiang Cheng had always wrongly thought that all misfortunes caused to him were only Wei WuXian's fault. And How was Wei WuXian supposed to still try to go back to him and Lotus Pier in such a case?

Also I think from all earlier posts I get the feeling that Lan WangJi's character isn't really understood in depth by many. He doesn't speak up his mind, yes, but that doesn't mean he doesn't take the events that have caused grief to Wei WuXian into account when interacting with certain people and especially Wen Ning. It is unfortunate that the author never shows us Lan WangJi's point of view of looking at all the events that unfolded just before Wei WuXian's death (and I also read somewhere that the author mentioned that she will never show the things from Lan WangJi's point of view to keep his POV open minded for readers to interpret). Just like there is more depth to Jiang Cheng, there is more depth to Lan WangJi's character too. And I feel people who don't speak up can get heavily misunderstood, just like how Su She also thinks Lan WangJi is really arrogant though the truth is simply that Lan WangJi just doesn't talk making him look as if he might be looking down on everyone.

Okay I think I'll stop by blabbering now :blobjoy::blobsweat:

Rcyan, Heroine, LoveManga and 4 others like this.