Request Need a decent harem novel.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Mazino, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mazino

Mazino The final chapter.

Reading List:
    Link
    So I'm one for being a fan of the harem dynamic in novels because when its done well its really nice. however there's about seven novels I can think of where that is the case. I don't feel like poisoning myself with another isekai so anyone know if the koreans do harem well? If not any suggestions that dont include highschool dxd, campione, basara toujou's novel, magika kenshi, madan, 108 maidens, and atg would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah Hjc as well. Thanks fellas.

2. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Novel's Extra

Btw not actual harem just lots of girl wants to be his and fights for it. (and it isn't a harem tag, just ships. Ships everywhere.)

Maelstrom08 likes this.
  3. raikun1209

raikun1209 Wandering Prinny

Reading List:
    Link
    Invaders of the Rokujyouma?!

It's kinda slow paced tho since the author focuses on 1 character's development per volume. There's already 30+ volumes already.

Ddraig and ArashiKitsune like this.
  4. TianKrea

TianKrea 『Novice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sevens ?

Shadowhawkstar likes this.
  5. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese harems : really rare good ones among all the trashs -> Transcending the Nine Heaven (he gets the main girl later and the 2 other girls (they know each other but there is a well reasonned separation) further later)
    -> Joy of Life (Edit: ah crap it's transmigration isekai)

6. CapaxInfiniti

CapaxInfiniti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is the exact kind of harem i hate lol the only harem i actually enjoy is when the MC gets the girls/boys. sorry just wanted to rant a little....just knocked another story off my lists due this exact reason lol.

my suggestion is https://www.novelupdates.com/series/oukoku-e-tsuzuku-michi/

which i see is on your will never read list. just fyi you might try pushing through a few more chapters than stopping at 17. it does actually get better. but this is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

Luxcilla and Drake888 like this.
  7. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    *throws Arifureta and Arifureta After Stories and runs away for the nth time*

8. demon025

demon025 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want something modern day-ish: My wife is a beatiful CEO; So pure, so flrtatious and My beatiful teacher
    If you want some isekai (even if in most of them coming from another world doesnt mean shit it still isekai I guess): Arifureta, Womanizing mage, Release that witch, Mushoku Tensei
    If you want some h-novel try Oukoku e Tsuzuki Michi (Hope i wrote that right)
    And if you brave enough and want to spice things up - try Pure love x Insult Complex (first like 50 chapters could be REALLY fucked up for some people, but its one of the greatest novels out there, trust me.)

Bluejay13 likes this.
  9. mahina

mahina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hear Dragon King’s Son-in-Law is tastefully done. I dunno - I was a bit pissed at the idea that the MC would still take on extra wives after marrying into girl #1’s family, so I couldn’t get past that. But the writing is definitely great.

I also recommend Age of Adepts. It’s a typical OP MC, but girl #2 gets such a great arc that it is one of a very few harems where I went, “yeah, alright.”

If you are into REVERSE harem, give The End Of The World’s Poisonous Mom And Monster Baby a try. It’s A+ cougar MILF fun :blobthinkingsmirk:

10. Drake888

Drake888 That one guy. You know, the one over there.

Reading List:
    Link
    It is my opinion and recommendation as well. My favorite harem novel. Let's be honest, a harem is unrealistic to begin with so you should just have fun with the wish-fulfilment. This novel does that and still manages to have a great story. The only downside is the book is smut and the author explores just about every fetish, which can turn people off.

CapaxInfiniti likes this.
  11. CapaxInfiniti

Reading List:
    Link
    mostly my thoughts as well. cept the harem being unrealistic. the issue is that real harems are just boring or tedious pretty much. at least to me haha.

12. CapaxInfiniti

Reading List:
    Link
    i just stopped reading Age of Adepts.... very much considering dropping it. does the MC change enough after chapter 82 that i won't be incredibly tired of him? in the chapters that are out does he get considerably stronger or is it the normal tedium of being perpetually weak and struggling to be stronger until the last hundred chapters?

13. Luxcilla

Luxcilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is, if the story's is set in a world(Author's World) where Harem/Polygamy relationship is normal, people should not complain about that. The problem is that Harem/Polygamy relationship in today's time is not welcome thus the negative opinion about it.

If the same novel was written in the past, the people there won't complain about Harem/Polygamy since it was common then.

Magic is also unrealistic I don't see people complaining.

14. Devil of Boredom

Devil of Boredom Exists.

Reading List:
    Link
    *Throws Martial God Asura and starts Walking away while whistling and slowly starts to sprint *

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    GrimReeFer and Lyx like this.
  15. Drake888

Drake888 That one guy. You know, the one over there.

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol
    Guess I should clarify: harems full of love are unrealistic. Totally normal to have multiple women put up with being jointly married to some rich powerful dude.

No, you misunderstand me. Harems are totally a thing that existed. The unrealistic bit is multiple women being so madly in love AND considerate(?) That they choose to make a harem so that MC doesn't need to reject anybody. Especially when he's too much of a wuss to actually tell any of them that he loves them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2019
    mahina likes this.
  16. Bluejay13

Bluejay13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, Pure love x Insult is one of my favourite dark 18+ novels, love the dynamics between the characters.

17. Luxcilla

Luxcilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, You just said "harem is unrealistic" there's no misunderstanding, you just didn't say it better.

I kinda understand that part.
    but it's a fantasy, it's where thousands year old men acting like teenagers, where specific people got unbelievable luck(plot armor) even though there just the same as everybody, and random women falling in-love in a single chapter.
    Anything can happen, it's just up to the author how he writes it.

Now you are just poking at the JP cliche novels.

18. mahina

mahina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, he gets pretty OP fairly quickly - don’t remember around what chapter tho. But he basically becomes a bit famous for being so crazy OP within his generation. He still has political obsticals and setbacks though, so the stakes remain high. It gets a bit kingdom building-y actually (but still with a good number of 1:1 smackdown fights).

19. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Here are some of the ones I've been following. I know all except one are fairly active. One thing of note. Most of these novels have long chapters(above 2k words) with 50 -100 chapters. So you'll have a large backlog of materials to read if you haven't read any of them. Another thing of note, I dont read many Chinese novels anymore. I have very little interest in harems full of women that are rape victims with Stockholm syndrome, or are little better then trophies.

Mostly found on RRL, and other sites.

Atros Imperium (transmigration, fantasy, r15)
    Three Square Meals (scifi, spaceships, supernatural, r18, smut)(each chapter is 4 - 7 pages with 2k+ words each, updates at least once a month)
    The Arcane Emperor (transmigration, world travel, fantasy, r18)
    Sole Survivor (post apocalyptic Earth, fantasy, modern-day, realm merge, r18)
    I hate being wed in a fantasy world! (transmigration, fantasy, r15)

These are all translated novels here on NU That meet your criteria.
    Living in this World with Cut & Paste (transmigration, fantasy)
    I Reincarnated For Nothing (reincarnated fantasy)
    hachinan-tte sore wa nai deshou (reincarnated, fantasy r15)
    Himekishi ga Classmate! ~ Isekai Cheat de Dorei ka Harem~ (transmigration, sci-fi, fantasy, r18, smut)(possibly inactive)

20. Lipozen

Lipozen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want a harem by a korean: https://www.novelupdates.com/nauthor/toika/ I've read both Everyone Else and Infinite and found their harem to be enjoyable with more of a lean towards Everyone Else since it was a series that wasn't supposed to end as a harem that did anyways that kinda fits with the MCs personality

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.