Discussion Why in most movies or book i always see a family always cook something every times they will eat?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Adislt2, Jan 19, 2019.

1. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Because in most movies the time that flew by is not counted by hour but by day, weeks and months

2. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    ??? Are you so busy that the only time you can cook is once? Do you eat take out food or something? You order for lunch and dinner then grab food that you previously cook from the fridge?o_O

3. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    There are times when we cooks 3 times a day, only once or just order food. Anything goes.

4. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say it's either a cultural/family tradition, or maybe just conserving resources(gas, wood, electricity). Otoh, it could just be that the person cooking dislikes doing so... *shrug* fastest way to find out would be to ask the person cooking.

5. GinDole

GinDole Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because that's usually what happens in the other countries. People only cook enough for one meal, so they usually cook 3 times to eat three meals a day. Alternatively, maybe others just like cooking or take cooking up as a hobby.

6. Varno

Varno True Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same reason everyone's beautiful in them; it's all fake.

7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    It is psychological.
    It is good for the mental health of humans to eat together.
    We might claim to hate each other but research has shown that kids who eat family meals develop better.
    Humans are social creatures, no matter how much we say or try to delude ourselves otherwise.
    Peace!

8. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh.... Can't it not be a coincidence? Eating stale food isn't that good for health after all ... They might just be showing they are promoting healthy habits ... Eh? Well if you're curious whether it's only your family that cooks once a day, no it's not. The things shown in drama are just being shown for the sake of showing (the setting).

In my family of 13 there are some dishes like the "main dish" or which can be preserved longer which have leftovers, but the rest are eaten up. And we don't eat leftover rice except when there ARE leftovers, rice is preferred to be eaten warm and fresh. Well, also even the leftovers aren't eaten without warming it up... Some side dishes are cooked every time it's time to eat...