Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. wicketginger

wicketginger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I fixed my posting and deleted the others and just put

I fixed my posting and deleted the others and just put them into one. Thank you for your help.

Yaoilover-89 likes this.
  2. Yaoilover-89

Yaoilover-89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome! :blob_grin:

3. Fujos240

Fujos240 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me where can I read the raw chapter of The founder of diabolism?

LoveManga likes this.
  4. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Fujos240 and LoveManga like this.
  5. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Wwx is hanging around with dead girls cause real girls are turned off by his stench (not really, if it was real girls it would have been more disrespectful, I don't think he wants a harem of real girls around him).

Well think in a way that's not ooc... He probably went there to drink and saw lwj from far (remember he was on a higher level than ground, his viewing range is bigger) summoned those girls to throw flowers at lwj. He can't ask real girls to do the same. Please don't judge him, if you observe well, then it is NOT known whether he was actually hanging with those girls before they threw flowers at LWJ. And those girls are undead prostitutes, so it's in their habit to stick close to WWX whom they percieve to be their master after the original task was done.

WWX said this, people always misjudged him in this aspect. He is a virgin and as he said didn't as much as touch any girl except for saving.

chiino, Yaoilover-89 and Sauling like this.
  6. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link

It's these chunks out of the text that make me think he was surrounding himself with female corpses.

"As he expected, Lan WangJi said, slowly, “You should not accompany yourself with inhuman beings for so long.”

"The gauze curtains swayed, at times blocking out the sunlight. The pavilion shifted between light and dark. Now, their snow-white cheeks seemed a bit too pale, so drained of blood that they almost seemed ashen. Their eyes were glued to Lan WangJi as well. Out of the blue came a chilling eeriness."

"Behind him, red light had begun to glow within the eyes of the girls. Wei WuXian, “Stop it.”

chiino likes this.
  7. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    The way I read it I was under the impression Wei's life wasn't as good.
    The war is over the Wens are no longer a threat, Lotus Pier is rebuilding, Cheng and YanLi are with him.

But...it's not the same.

All the previous disciples Wei grew & trained with are dead. Uncle Jiang & Madam Yu are dead. Wei lost his core and has resentful energy swirling around him. There were big & small changes happening all around him and inside he felt it just wasn't the same as the "Old Lotus Pier." However, it was only when he was with YanLi & Cheng, Wei could take his mind off of those changes, pretend that nothing has changed at all, that he was still the same, this gave him small comfort.

In that scene with Wei surrounding himself with those dead prostitute girls, I took it as him kind of trying to cope mentally? I feel like he wasn't in the right state of mind, there were probably many things going through his head, and maybe it was his way of coping or distracting him from certain things. Sort of like how some ppl become an alcoholic cuz life just isn't going great or they have heavy things weighing them down but can't find a release other than drinking.

When Wei invited Wangji up, I'm not 100% sure if this was what was written in the novel, but Wei honestly didn't think Wangji would come up. So, when he did he was pretty surprised and offered him the drink etc. Also, when that scene happened I think a couple of months or years? Passed after the war, and so Wangji & Wei hadn't met up for a long while. Wei thought he had given up with the whole "Come to Gusu with me" which from Wei's perspective is "Demonic Cultivation is bad come to Gusu to receive your punishment."

Wei maybe flirtatious but his very courteous & respectful towards women whether dead or alive. I don't personally believe he had hanged around with those women for fun I think they were there to keep him company & for Wei to feel less lonely. Because after he learned demonic cultivation the masses respected him but mostly feared him so no one dared get too close.

Compared to his friendly open 15 yr old self after the war Wei became closed off & distant....

8. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link

That makes a lot of sense. I can understand this scene a lot better now.

When you talk about him being respectful toward women and being innocent (which he is) I am reminded of when he resurfaced after 3 months and was found torturing the Wen.
    He was creepy in that scene. Feeding the child and petting the woman. Damn that scene is burned into my memory.

9. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link

To be fair, I think he's allowed to go to a restaurant on his end to get some fresh air once in a while instead of staying at his own sect. And if him staying back at his own sect seeing the other disciples learning swordsmanship etc wouldn't it be hurtful for him to be reminded of the things he sacrificed? And how he no longer is able to walk that path, cultivate to the top, use Suibian anymore. It's like what's been revealed in the later chapters, every night when Wei Ying goes to bed, back in those days, he always remembered about how he no longer have a golden core etc etc and how he can no longer cultivate to the top etc etc (and tbh that scene hurt me so badly....). He's only human even though he never blamed Jiang Chang because he did it willingly but it still hurts since he never would have walked on this demonic path if there was a choice.

And honestly if Wei Ying wanted to go out to a restaurant to have so fresh air, then he's free to do so, from what I got out of that scene, it's not Wei Ying being OOC, but I do always believed that when he was the Yiling Patriarch, he somehow feels lonely deep down.... It's like he lost his original persona where he can laugh and have fun and I find that sad.

Wei Ying as the Yiling Patriarch really suffered a lot, and being misunderstood a lot. He said this, and it's been revealed that he's a virgin before he dies. He's NOT anything like JGS. And we don't know for certain if he was the one who invited the dead girls or if the dead girls just surfaced up to be around Wei Ying (their master); even if he wasn't the one who called on them, he wouldn't said he's not the one who called them but just accept it, since he didn't see a difference on his end.

On my end, I do believe he was sincere when he invited Lan Zhan up to have a drink with him because he wants to reminisce the good old days. He didn't do it to show his disrespects to Lan Zhan. I know Wei Ying misunderstood Lan Zhan's good intentions back then, but it's not hard to understand why he's so holding onto that side that he can control his demonic powers....

I mean, I've been thinking recently that I can somewhat understand why Wei Ying would feel that way because if he doesn't believe he can handle it, i.e. control it, then he really got nothing left.... Let's not forget the fact that he lost his Golden Core, I think it's been weighing on him for keeping this as a secret, but he still never have any intention to reveal this to anyone at all. This he was resolute about. He didn't reveal this because he didn't want Jiang Cheng to feel indebted to him or feel guilty about it. But still, how much weigh would that be off his shoulders if he let it out instead of keeping this in? He's only human afterall.

I think as the Yiling Patriarch, because he have so many of these emotions bottling up in him, he's really distancing himself to those he is once closed to. Probably because he didn't know how to deal with it because he didn't think anyone would understand what he's going through at that time.

Well like he said, people think that he can go back to cultivating the right path since they didn't know the truth and the sacrifices of what Wei Ying gave up for Jiang Cheng, so in Wei Ying's eyes, they won't understand, and I can understand why he's so easily angered when someone called the path his walking on is a crooked path... If he thinks for a minute or second that he can't and won't be able to control his demonic powers... then I do believe he wont know what to do anymore because all that he believed in have crumbled if that makes sense??

Anyways I only feel sorry for Weiying in his Patriarch days because he was so misunderstood and I can understand what he's going through after all this is revealed

chiino, LoveManga and setsuna3025 like this.
  10. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my believe as well. Wei Wuxian not only was just hanging around with undead prostitutes but his entire personality seemed to flip 180 when he was in his full Yiling Laozu mode. GDC actually has a lot of things about human psychology. Same for Jiang Cheng. Who lives in a endless circle of denial, greed, hatred and lonliness. Well, if WWX didn't die, I believe he would have became more villainous.

Honestly @Fiorisi, when I read your text from here, I almost teared up... Call me lame or whatever. WWX could neither avoid darkness nor accept it. He was simply in denial that indeed, the dark path WAS harming his body and heart INDIRECTLY. Because the society saw him that way. "It has always been like this, if the society calls you a saint, you are a saint, if it calls you a sinner, you are a sinner" But he had no other CHOICE. It just makes me sad that even personalities like Wei Wuxian can fall into the depths of despair and mental illness. It is a huge vicious circle.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    kiara8, chiino, setsuna3025 and 2 others like this.
  11. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link

All of you are very insightful. I did think about WWX the way you all have but not to that depth.

I am reminded reminded of the chapter where WWX gets to go to Jin Ling's one month celebration.

After all he's been through, his ostracism, and all he's given up, he gets to be included in this. He's so happy and it becomes a ray of hope for him in all the darkness he's in now. He put so much work into the gift too to then have all ripped away in one go.

Him getting blamed for that and the pain he felt for all that happened and what was lost in that moment, it tears me apart.

chiino and setsuna3025 like this.
  12. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I agree Wei's return from Burial Mounds and his reunion with Cheng & Wangji was really a shock. Even though I spoiled myself on that part of his return, reading it after K-san released it, I cried. Because he changed so much, and my heart screamed "This isn't fair"

*Throws a big bear hug & Cries with you* (っ´ω`)ノ(╥ω╥)

Don't worry it's not lame at all. Whenever I catch myself thinking about Wei & Cheng's character a lump forms in my throat and my heart becomes heavy. When I think about the cultivation society, the 4 sects, their actions I become pissed off/broken hearted. Your right GDC is filled with lots of human psychology and so much of it is so connected to reality it's why I feel this book can be talked about for ages. For many readers, the topics, relationships & experiences portrayed can hit too close to home.

chiino, Sauling and setsuna3025 like this.
  13. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe because there is so much depth that can be interpreted and related to in so many ways by those who read this is why it is a favorite.

I'm obsessed with this novel. It is the first one I've read. I started reading others and even MXTX other novels, but they do not inspire me or captivate me like this one.

The relationships, the characters, the emotions, the experiences, etc are so real and envelope the reader. I can't get enough. I'm so attached to this novel.

Is there a link to this K-san I keep seeing referred to?

chiino and Fiorisi like this.
  14. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Lan Zhan's birthday is tomorrow in my country!!! :aww::aww: I want to contribute something for my favorite character but I suck at fanarts XD. Maybe I'll just write a message in my blog and wish him a happy birthday in Chinese just like I did for Wei Ying :blobpopcorn:

But either way I hope we get some amazing fanarts for Lan Zhan on this special day of his :cookie:

15. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    K'San the translator to MDZS from Exiled Rebels. That's where we all read the translations on our end

16. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link

Ok. Someone had said that she translates very fast and on her site she might have chapters 109 and 110.

17. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    Back from my little trip, that was longer that intended. But same here I downloaded Kuroko no basket, and watched it so many time I’ve lost count. It was I faze :blobsweat_2:

:blobwoah: My favourite kiseki :blobsleepless:

I’m a bit overwhelmed with everyone’s post at the moment, so I’ll read them all tomorrow.

setsuna3025 likes this.
  18. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    No chapter 109 and 110 isn't out yet because she translates this in order from the beginning.

Currently she's up to translating chapter 94(which was just updated on EXR yesterday).

Updates are Sunday and Monday (in my country); though for others it could be Saturday and Sunday since she's currently updating 2 chapters a week.

With the Speed that she's going, chapter 109 and 110 won't be too far away.

IMO, she's already doing a great job with her translations in giving us two chapters these part couple of weeks. Translations is a long process if you need to balance life with work etc. I think she's translating at a good speed there. Why not just wait for it?

Besides, personally I don't want to finish reading it so soon because I will have withdrawal syndrome not that I don't already lol..

19. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link

Ok. I've been finding later chapters translated all over since yesterday by asking different people.

Chapters 109, 110, 112, 113, and 125 are the last I need.

I have zero patiences. It's a condition.

setsuna3025 likes this.
  20. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link