Discussion Is ATG Considered a Trash Novel?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by HappyHavak, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Kanna Kamui

Kanna Kamui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped the novel after the first world/planet arc where he raped that strongest guy or something in the ocean using his darkness attribute element :hmm: :hmm: .

2. Kanna Kamui

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

3. Tanhalevi

Tanhalevi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had to stop reading at the Fire canyon in the Fire Upper World because of how stupid that MC was.

Couldn't he like listen once at least to his elders?

lucjanssens likes this.
  4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From this thread, I can only conclude that (as expected) it's impossible to arrive at any conclusion regarding ATG's status.

5. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The question is what it is compared to. Actually good novels? Yeah, then its the trash tier under the trash tier. Other cultivation novels? Then its still shit. Why? Because this novel looks like something wrote a parody of the classic cultivation novel and then forgot that it was supposed to be a parody. Some novels are so bad that they are good again. ATG is so bad that it is really bad.

The only novels which manages to invoke disgust, anger and sleep at the same time is either MGA or ATG. Both are blatant wish-fullfullment novels. Disgust due to the characters and their interactions. Anger at the fact that the novel is insulting my intelligence and sleep because it is telegraphed and utterly and completely predictable. If we are talking trash we might as well throw AST into the dumpsterfire.

If you want to list the negative things I recommend declaring everything shit, and then add a list of positive things. This list is naturally completely empty >.>

6. zenla

zenla { Totally human being} {Kingdom building fanatic}

Reading List:
    Link
    Humm it started quite ok, but the more it went on the more it was about strength is everything, must have more strength. Gotta get ancient power up when I can t just crush enemy. And oh god the hugeeeeeee tournaments arcs. Frigging first competition that was supposed to be one night went on 100 chapters or so. I just dropped it right after tournament.

7. Kydrik

Kydrik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can recommend to read up to events in demon realm, and then drop it, cuz' there are no point in reading furthrer. And yes, it's beginning better than 80% of QI novels

Ruyue likes this.
  8. Kanna Kamui

Reading List:
    Link
    CD/ATG/MGA were the very first novels that i've read in 2015 and although they are certainly not good but they were the best for me at that time specially when the MC activate the plot armor and kill everyone its just very different from the usual anime where most MC are kids/shounen with nakama power . So i can't really bear to call it trash maybe " NotSoGood" novels would be better :hmm: .

9. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    It is trash, no doubt, but it has some entertainment value, like anything its author ever wrote. It is good to pass the time, I guess.

10. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First hundred chapters or so are very good, even excellent.
    But becomes complete and utter trash afterward.

11. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    ATG is the KING of trash novels

Ruyue and aminy like this.
  12. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    You should've made a poll.

and Yes it is trash.

aminy likes this.
  13. willuwontu

willuwontu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean so are most isekai/reincarnation and slice of life novels.

aminy likes this.
  14. Anard

Anard Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no i don't think its bad (y) it's just that other novels similar to it bad and repetitive (n)

15. lucjanssens

lucjanssens a very ¨rabbit¨ bunny

Reading List:
    Link
    i think that is not that bad (but still quite bad) especially compared to the other of similar genre (wish fulfillment cultivation) like MGA or PG or AST
    but compared to CD, ST or ISSTH it is indeed very bad

16. Lanfiar

Lanfiar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda like it. I like it in the way you like fast food but its not realy good for you. ;)

17. Promethean

Promethean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Use an objective binomial check list to determine if its trash. Make a poll on evaluation criteria and give what would be considered good and what would be considered bad or "trash" (if at least 90% agree, then it makes it an objective result of subjective views). Then evaluate the novel based on this. If the novel falls more than 50% to trash, than objectively by the criteria agreed upon by everyone, it is probably trash.

Example:
    1. Fights: Well detailed fights that are exciting (good) vs fights where its just *sling* scream skill name. Dead. (Bad)
    2. Characters: Well written complex characters that evolve or develop over time (good) vs one dimensional "i'm the best" characters (bad)
    3. Romance: Romantic development showing the complexity of relationship development over time (good) vs "oh you raped me, now I'm yours". (horrendously unspeakably bad)
    etc. etc.

And I'm pretty sure most of you can agree on what can be considered trash writing and good writing. And the most important point is that there is no arguing over these. The novel will either have it or not.

Also, popular =/= good. And just because its trash doesn't mean you can't like it.

On a side note, I did like the early chapters of ATG, but then the author went full retard with that dragon seed rape shit to cleanse the girl. I pretty much dropped it and never looked back.This scene alone made me throw ATG into the trash pile.

18. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, i liked MGA more than ATG

19. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    Trash novels don't really exist, it is all just personal enjoyment. Some hate certain novels or types of novels, some love them. I'm pretty broad in my tastes and certain aspects I dislike actually add to my enjoyment as when I dislike a certain part it makes the parts that I enjoy better but there is a scale. So I don't personally think MGA, PMG, ATG and similar novels are trash, I'd say they are the McDonalds of fast food which means some like it and some only consume it cause it's cheap(free) while others just hate on it for various reasons.

20. FriendlyDemon

FriendlyDemon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is my guilty pleasure. It certainly lacks behind stories like ISSTH or DE and yet i can't help reading about the nonsense YC goes through.