Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. chiino

chiino Lady Nie [scheming with my hubby, Huaisang]

Reading List:
    Link
    Opposites attract :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:. I think they compliment each other quite well. Lan Xichen is like the calming side to Jiang Cheng. I don't really ship Jin Guangyao with anyone, lol, he can be alone.

Edit:
    I'm actually going to ship Jin Guangyao with Qin Su because I don't know if I really like him being alone in the end :blobsob:.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  2. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Some more dedications to Lan Zhan's birthday I found on Tumblr :aww::aww::aww:

This fanart is so superb, I can so imagine it being within their character!! (y)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh! Another User on Tumblr, actually translated the chapter to 112! :aww::aww: This is the scene where they met Mian Mian again, and we have confirmation of Wangxian is married!! :blobparty::blobparty::blobparty: [To be honest, I actually LOVE the whole act at the beginning up the mountain, it was amusing to watch Wei Ying as the Yiling Patriarch scaring those grave robbers... :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool: Here's the link to the chapter 112: https://pizziccato.tumblr.com/post/182219943701/mo-dao-zu-shi-chapter-112

And P.S: Personally for me, I'll never get enough of this Wangxian AMV on my end, which the user re-shared again on Lan Zhan's birthday (on Tumblr):

(Anyways for those who haven't seen this AMV yet, can check this out :cookie:)

HOOOORAY FOR ALL THIS LAN ZHAN LOVE, DEDICATION TO THIS SPECIAL DAY!! :blobparty::blobparty::blobparty: (What made me happiest was the release of Ch.112, because I smiled so much reading that chapter, it was a blessing, Wei Ying teasing Lan Zhan was sooo adorably cute, and Lan Zhan, the king of vinegar, and Wei Ying the king of shamelessness LMAO :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Well, I don't deny that part where it says they are a match made in heaven hahahah :blobmelt::aww:

asckj1, setsuna3025, Fiorisi and 2 others like this.
  3. Yaoilover-89

Yaoilover-89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobparty::blobparty::blobparty: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAN ZHAN!!! :blobparty::blobparty::blobparty:

4. Sallynyan

Sallynyan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God I was about to ask the same question xDD

I wonder if JC can forgive WWX. I mean, he still think that his parents's death was because of LWJ and WWX, even if it's clearly not they're fault (It's nothing wrong about saving a life, no one can blame someone for doing it), so I assume he'll never forgive WWX for his sister's death, knowing it's really because of him that time - and the path he chossed. That make me SO SAD because I love they're bromance QAQ

Gizmo1012, LoveManga and chiino like this.
  5. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest I have a different take to how Jiang Cheng's feels about Wei Ying at the end of the novel. To me he has already forgiven Wei Ying, because I believe he said he no longer can hate him the same way.... So, even if it seems like they have walked their own paths in the end and they probably can't be exactly like how they were before all the tragedy happened, but it doesn't mean JC hasn't forgiven him because I do believe that Jiang Cheng has forgiven Wei Ying already when he found out the whole truth behind all this and how JGY plays a part in manipulating the whole situation to his advantage. If you noticed to Jiang Cheng's behavior, you can see a change in him which I liked. I do personally love that scene how Jiang Cheng was annoyed at what JGY said about Wei Ying destined to be short lived, and Jiang Cheng was annoyed at what JGY said to Wei Ying and he actually spoke up and direct that back to JGY. It's in one of the later chapters.

To me, just like Jin Ling who no longer blames Wei Ying for his parents death by the end, Jiang Cheng is the same, however because of all that has happened and how he treated Wei Ying like that, their brother bond is really strained, so for me, its not about Jiang Cheng forgiving Wei Ying or not because he has already forgiven him , but if he wants to reconcile this bond he has with Wei Ying he needs to be the one to show Wei Ying that he has forgiven him instead of keeping this within him. He needs to be the one to show Wei Ying they can be like before.

And THIS is why I ship JC with LXC because it gives them more chance to see each other and lighten up the tension between them if that makes sense.

setsuna3025, Fiorisi, chiino and 3 others like this.
  6. Sallynyan

Sallynyan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Sauling Oh I see ! That's a really interesting point of view !

Personnaly, I can't stop thinking about what JGY said when the truth was reaveled about all his actions. That he understand how JC is feeling right now, but JC can't put all the blame on him just because he want to forgive WWX, now that he know what's was happend with his golden core. That coupled with his deep proud and his bad temper... I don't know, that seem really hard for them to be friends again. Even when WWX ask LZ about how JC and JL are doing during the family fest, it's like if he's asking for some far acquaintance's news.

About Jin Ling, I think that he desesperatly wanted to don't hate WWX since he discovered Mo Xuan Yu's truly indentity. He seemed really affected, maybe because he had some affection for the "new" MWY. Plus he have some distance that JC don't have : he can't put the blame on his own action because he was just a baby, while JC was the one who encouraged WWX to keep his path for they're revenge, the one who let the others clan seen the breach on their relation ship and use it aigainst them, and others stuff like it. Forgive WWX
    would mean that he has his own responsabilities, and I don't know if his temper can allow it xD

(So yeah, being with LXC will help him orz)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    Fiorisi, chiino and Sauling like this.
  7. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy Birthday Hanguang-Jun!

Nyann, Cypress, Sauling and 3 others like this.
  8. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    (Sorry for the B'day Spam)

Happy Birthday HanGuang-Jun
    Happy Birthday Lan Wangji
    Happy Birthday ♪, Happy Birthday ♫
    Happy Birthday to @Lan Zhan

One more candle to light :aww:
    On your birthday cake :blobReach:
    Hope your wishes all come true :blobmelt:
    Now let's celebrate :blobparty:

(I'm gonna go and annoy @Lan Zhan in the role play now~ Sorry about this @Sauling xD)

9. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Jiang Cheng putting the blame on others to make it easier for him to cope with is actually one of the things I didn't like about him, but I guess that's just how he is. I don't think he is placing the blame on JGY because he wants to forgive Wei Ying, It was said by JGY that he is putting the blame on JGY because JGY did say it's easier for him(JC) to not feel guilty about the things he did to Wei Ying after the truth was revealed when he was reflecting on his actions all these years after realizing the whole truth. But the matter about Jiang Cheng forgiving Wei Ying, I believed he already has forgiven him after all this was revealed when he voiced out that he can't hate him the same way anymore.

If I remember correctly, it was Wei Ying who asked Sizhui how Jin Ling and Jiang Cheng is doing in the Family Feast right? In any case, the reason Wei Ying asked because he still cares for both of them to want to know how they both are doing, i.e. if they are doing good then that's good enough for him, and I honestly, really like to believe that Jiang Cheng feels the same here as well, even when we don't see it from his side/end. I like to believe that JC actually wish for Wei Ying well, and for his happiness as well, even when we don't see it from his end.

For Jin Ling, I can see that there was already a change to his feelings towards Wei Ying very early on. Actually Jin Ling character development is actually one of my favourite. We seen at the beginning how he didn't like Wei Ying, but later, he gradually comes to accept and like him as a person. When he stabbed Wei Ying after he realized his true identity, and when we see him again in the Demon Slaughtering Cave, we can see that he looks regretful of his actions, Jin Ling even said that he didn't want to hate Wei Ying anymore also.

So in my opinion, I think forgiveness is a very big part to their character development, and while the exact time Jiang Cheng and Jin Ling (each on their own) forgives Wei Ying aren't the same, but in the end, I feel that both of them has already forgiven Wei Ying and got that development that they need especially Jiang Cheng

10. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
  11. asckj1

asckj1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you soo much for voicing this question!! I personally never really liked a single ship except for Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi. Even the author had said somewhere that all characters except the two protagonists in this series are straight. Why does not having many female cgaracters have to turn into different guys being shipped ?:blobsweat_2: I especially feel bad about Lan Sizhui shipped with Jin Ling or Lan JingYi. The way i see it, the three of them are good friends, just like the usual high school guys in many mangas who sometimes pull each others legs and sometimes stand up for each other or like to hang out together. Please, I don't mean this as an offense to any ship fans. Just want to write down my thoughts on this.

Even with Lan XiChen, I don't personally like him shipped with anyone either. He and Nie MingJun and Jin GuangYao are also good friends, and share good rapport with each other because of their combined efforts to overthrow the Wen sect. And Lan XiChen shipped with Jiang Cheng personally feels laughable. As @Ze Wu Jun pointed out they really don't have anything in common.

chiino, setsuna3025 and Ze Wu Jun like this.
  12. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    @setsuna3025 the part were ur confused. It’s a short fanfic/doujinshi about what if Wei Wuxian was talking Mo Xuanyu. They new eachother for a few years, so he didn’t now about MXY circumstances. WWX wanted to know what the Jin’s did. Or even if it was the Jin’s fault for him wanting to sacrifice his body, to bring WWX back. Long story short Wei Wuxian wanted MXY to stay alive. He couldn’t save him due to the barrier that keeps spirits from entering, until the ritual was over. WWX didn’t know who MXY wanted to take revenge on because MXY was saying how much he appreciated WWX being by his side for the few years they’ve been together.

And I probably just confused more:blobsweat_2: sorry I’m bad at explaining things.

I’m not even gonna lie :blobjoy: I was laughing so hard tears were coming out of eyes :blobjoy:
    I think theirs a MDZS crossover Pokémon fanfic on AO3 somewhere.

It’s 7:36pm but happy b.day Lan Wangji, yeah I drew nothing haha sorry.

Yay I finally read what I had missed. That was challenging, so many long post! And poor JC! Don’t worry I love u. Love u lots and lots @Cypress take good care of him!!!

setsuna3025 and Fiorisi like this.
  13. Ray_Stark

Ray_Stark Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm... Considering a) what the dynamic between JC's parents was b) that JC has his mother's temperament c) That XiChen is similar to JC's father and d) that JC's personality bonds best with those personalities similar to WWX.
    I think it would be best if JC found someone that was capable of 'playing' with him & teasing him like how Wei did in the past. XiChen is much too soft to be able to handle JC, that relationship would end up similar to JC's parents.

He really was a complicated character, I really love how the author made a villain that the readers could neither fully hate nor fully support. His life was a true tragedy.

I also can't help but notice how much of the current f-ed up sh** is actually Jin Guangyao's father's fault I mean think about how many lives he ruined with his selfish & uncaring attitude, starting with his own wife's, all the mistresses, their kids etc etc... I mean even when Jin Guangyao wanted to live a 'good life' going forward he finds out his bride is his half-sister

But despite all that, while I understand how Jin Guangyao could bring himself to do all these terrible things (remembering that his torment began from when he was a child in the brothel, watching his own mother suffer and then said mother was always making his father the ultimate goal of his life, to always being considered less than by most others for being the 'son of a whore'.... *sigh*) I still hold him accountable for all the actions he took. Ultimately the choice was his. Each and every time, if he just would have chosen different, he could have had a better life with a better ending....

Fiorisi, chiino and setsuna3025 like this.
  14. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    AmebaRing, Cemlemine, chiino and 6 others like this.
  15. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
  16. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    chiino, asckj1, Yaoilover-89 and 6 others like this.
  17. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    setsuna3025 likes this.
  18. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fiorisi, setsuna3025 and Nyann like this.
  19. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    My fanart for @Lan Zhan's birthday is done!!!:blobparty:
    Totally a last moment thing...

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°(LINK)°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

Hope you guys like it!!!
    I tried my best as I could in the last moment to make Lan Zhan's gift lol
    Awwww!!!! :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:
    Little Lan Zhan is so so so so so so so CUTE!!!!!!:blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:
    Awww *pinches cheeks* aww *pokes them*
    Yep! Press the image and click "open image in new tab". Copy the link and come here. Click the image icon and paste the image link. Here you go!!!

20. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Finally!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019