LCD Monster Pet Evolution

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jan 14, 2019.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel's nice and stuff till
    he becomes an arrogant young master with a super powerful grandpa. It's so cliched. I expected so much more, like Charm of the soul pets stuff. Anyway, he gets a powerful pet as a gift, doesn't have to struggle and becomes a rich young master of a powerful corporation

He buys a house soon enough, don't worry!

3. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Join me and I'll give power that you've never even dreamed of!

I want fruit juice!

Ok, I'll give you fruit juice everyday!

Midnighthour31 likes this.
  4. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair
    he's still the MC type of arrogant young master rather than antagonist type of arrogant young master. Basically he supports his organization , they support him and their mere existence makes anyone who wants a piece of him rethink, rather than him waving their name around every single time a problem occurs. And while the bird he gets has a very good chance of getting strong, at the time he gets it it's still very weak, and frankly, he's the one who can best raise it to be strong.

Basically, there's not too much interaction :
    1. He helps them by creating a few evolution 'potions' which are valuable
    2. He tells his grandpa about some things he wants/needs to either upgrade the quality or 'tier' of his, Grandpa's, Uncle Liu's or his 'underling' Huang's beasts and grandpa generally delivers
    3. Whenever he heads somewhere else, if they have a branch there, he goes there for information & supplies
    4. He actually creates a new branch in another place
    Frankly, he relies on his grandpa's combat capabilities very rarely, as his own monsters are usually strong enough to fight off most people & beings who would challenge him without provoking either the corporation , region or country, so they're mostly a logistical & background support for him.
    If any other arrogant young masters do the same things as he does, they would never antagonize the MC, and the ones who would befriend them aren't arrogant enough to be arrogant young masters for long unless they're the tsundere comrade type (I can beat you *loses* i'll acknowledge you as my friend, be honored!')

5. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there going to be any overarching plot in this? So far he's just hanging around, passively interacting with the world as he hopes the secrets of life and death fall right into his lap. That is, if he even remembers that was his original goal.

They even dangled the bait of other worlds in front of us... I understand if he feels he's too weak to do that kind of hardcore adventuring at this point, but if all he does is sit around and rely on his cheat to lead a comfortable life for another 100 chapters I might as well give up on reading.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought Silly was supposed to lose the Wind attribute with this evolution?
    To be fair, he's actually advancing quite rapidly, but until one of his familiars hits commander tier, it's a bit too risky for him to go do most stuff you seem to be looking forward too. That said, once people find out who his grandfather is, he'll probably be in a lot more danger than he is now.

7. momonga143

momonga143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope its triple element...

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never understood why he made Stripey a tank. I think it would have done better as a control oriented pet, which is just as vital/useful as a tank.

9. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no...not really...it's just a slice of life of an orphan -> grandson of rich CEO and supposed heir with a cheat -> strongest trainer or mankind thx to cheat -> aliens are invading earth

i just read what i wrote and while it seems like there is an underlying plot, there really isn't. it's just a slice of a life of a person with a cheat who becomes the strongest person and since aliens are invading, he has to protect earth cus durh.w

silly is the jellyfish rite? he will never fight and he just becomes a big item box who pulls the mc hair for jokes

it was written that he needed a tank.

10. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly the mc has not changed much.
    he was always arrogant cus he was top scorer in school and knew that his cheat allowed him to be arrogant, even when he worked at the pet shop.

the only thing i dont understand is the part where he became a referee.
    also the part about how he is the only heir of the grandpa. he has cousins so his mother cant be the grandpa's only children. that said, nothing else has been said about his family so far...it's him+grandpa+cousin...?

also the part about how he said he wouldn't become too overconfident (when xx almost died) but then keeps on jumping headfirst into danger...
    later on the author said it was cus of dumby...but its been so long and he still does it...

i think the author wants to make him defender of planet earth and mc of the universe.
    heck, the mc might even start collecting qi and it'll become a xianxia with pets soon considering the direction of the novel right now

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but he also needed a controller and other, braver pets could easily take the tank slot.

Also, if those responses to the other questions were spoilers rather than speculation, then please mark them as such.

twinklecake likes this.
  12. Robbini

Reading List:
    Link
    Being arrogant in itself isn't necessarily bad, unless you behave like those novel antagonists who become excessively arrogant or over-confident due to various reasons.
    Mainly he was allowed for 3 reasons.
    1. His previous result in the earlier competition
    2. His grandfather recommending him to his friends (not threatening anyone into accepting him)
    3. Him having a Lord-Level beast (which qualifies him into the next 'tier' of people, because Lords aren't that common, and having one at his age...)

Most of the time he's relatively careful, and he does try to avoid some fights, and comparing to some novels, there's way more relaxing periods because he doesn't have to do everything by himself.

And well if you swap level, tiers, classes /qualification / quality etc. for the cultivation variants , you could maybe consider it a cultivation novel, although how they get stronger isn't really common in cultivation novels, and there aren't really any effective ways for the humans to get stronger other than having stronger beasts, because they get maybe 1% of their strength (should change when they level up )and one new ability each time one of their beasts reaches a certain level I think it was.

13. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    The age thing doesn't matter much since monsters have only been a thing for 3 years...

14. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dunno
    i mean i felt like that referee part was very disappointing.
    there was no need for him to do it and in the end, he even
    fought with the champion to make the champion's win pointless so again, all that talk of mc having a lord monster is not important because he still fought anyway
    and then went "yay congrats you on being the champion altho i just whooped yo butt

anyway in retrospec, it was school slice of life, and cus mc had cheat, he got the monster breeder job. this part was fun to read
    then later he became a trainer and it kinda went downhill cus it was still plotless, and a slice of life of mc doing his best to upgrade his pets to become the strongest pokemon trainer

then his grandfather came and he became super rich and...its still slice of life....

and then i think now the author is trying to force a plot by introducing the aliens....because many of the cn readers were saying there was no plot and the author was so affected by it that he had to post several paragraphs of how there is a plot. but of course, these author's notes will not be translated...

the above are not spoilers but speculations if anyone is wondering. we still dont know if the mc will become defender of earth, hero of earth and guard of the galaxy

15. Robbini

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a point often made in the novel, but consider this. Which one is more impressive when figuring out how to evolve or strenghten monsters ?

A) A teenager
    B) A highly decorated, educated and experienced biologist & animal expert in their fifties.
    C) A middle-aged rich person

Considering the current translations, half your post (excluding the spoiler part) is spoilers, so... yeah.
    Though
    I've only read 'til the 'hidden clans' resurfaced and that portal-connected area was only connected in one area, so i'm not sure if you mean any of those as aliens or if you're even later along
    And as for it being slice of life... considering he more or less became a government sanctioned monster fighter & trainer (they trained him, certified him and allowed him, so I would call that sanctioned) and most of his time was training his monsters for battle or strenghtening them for battle or for getting the money to strenghten them for battle... yeah, that doesn't really feel slice of life anymore.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people don't know how to appreciate a great hat ;)

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He really should talk to Uncle Liu about getting access to rarer material markets. He could definitely do it and the request wouldn't even be strange given his breeder profession.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how powerful that plant is that they were so certain that it would be able to knock out any and all familiars on the premises. After all, they'd have to be pretty stupid to think that there weren't any.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "This was just" It's nice to see an MC that can recognize and accept karmic retribution for his misdeeds ;)

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would her gender matter at all? It's not like the trainer even participates in battle, regardless of gender.

That aside, what's the benefit of participating in the second round? They should all be able to go to whatever school they want. So, is it just bragging rights or something?