Discussion Can the strongest cultivators go up against the strongest Marvel and DC characters?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, Jan 26, 2019.

?

Cultivators vs Marvel/DC

1. Cultivators

47 vote(s)
    87.0%
  2. Marvel/DC

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    Omnipotent characters are excluded because they're no fun at all.

I've yet to see any cultivators with any reality altering powers so I'm gonna choose Marvel/DC

Onamatopoeia likes this.
  2. Omniscient Viper

Omniscient Viper [Evil MC Enthusiast] [Park Jimin Biased]

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm, you do realize the point of cultivation Is to become an Immortal/God right? So by ruling out "Omnipotent Characters" you're basically ruling out 99% of the strongest cultivators. So this question seems pretty biased towards Marvel/DC characters. :cookie:

3. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Cultivators are like super saiyans while Marvel and DC are basically in their highest tier. So cultivators can win but i don't know the percentage.

4. Mount Tai Unleashed

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think you understand what omnipotent means, one who is omnipotent is the strongest of all. There can only be one in a multiverse.

Like the one above all in the marvel universe or the presence in the dc universe. These characters are unbeatable so it's stupid putting them in a fight.

Source: https://powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Omnipotence

5. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    ^ This
    Anyone can create "Omnipotent" Characters, but the End Goals for Most of Cultivators are basically "Omnipotent"/"Immortal".....so...some Marvel/DC can probably fight equal or win depending on whoever they are, but most of them won't stand a chance really......

6. Renaxan

Renaxan [Ero Culture Enthusiast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Dealing with cultivator is really hard i guess.

Even if you defeated them, somehow they will back to you and slap your with arrogant pose because f*ckin plot, and if its woman they will drug and rape you.

'I your father doesnt need lift a finger to deal with you'

however this plot power wouldnt work with thanos atleast :D

Onamatopoeia and aminy like this.
  7. trannon1

trannon1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well there are multiple cultivators that reach that level. Take Lin Feng from Coiling Dragon who has the power to create worlds and alter the destinies of individuals and he became a God from a mortal. Meng Hao from ISSTH who can alter reality and wish people out of existence and reincarnate people by the end of it.

Practically every Wuxia that reached the end point has the MC essentially become God. So, cultivators will win. Hell, even before reaching Godhood, they already have many characters that can just curse you to death or magic you out of existence or travel back in time to kill you in the past etc. Cultivators are basically Dr. Strange pumped up with steroids and no limitations on magic. Rules don't apply well on them because the power system is very different.

Most importantly, depending on the novel, a large portion of the population can become a cultivator. Even the ones that limit the number have cultivators number in the millions. So by virtue of numbers alone, like China irl, they can overwhelm the DC and Marvel.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    Arie Sun, aminy and tak like this.
  8. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    The author's favourite will win.

Arie Sun, Onamatopoeia, vlue and 2 others like this.
  9. Mount Tai Unleashed

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know bro, at the end of every wuxia the mc at the end ascends to a new realm meaning that they're not at the peak level of power.

So they maybe the strongest in a universe but that could be just a universe of ants etc.

Take the Living Tribunal for example, he's not even the stongest but can still swat all the cultivators i've seen like flies.

10. Kingloli229

Kingloli229 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The are a lot of characters that can manipulate reality on a large scale in marvel and dc that most cultivators can't even compare against. A lot of them if they want to can end a universe or multiple universes with ease.

Anown likes this.
  11. trannon1

Reading List:
    Link
    But by that point, they might as well be omnipotent in regards to fighting someone from the Marvel/DC universe that isn't the almighty Creator. Look at Thanos, who is pretty much a classic big bad. If Meng Hao fought him, he would probably start by lobbing planets at Thanos, at which point Thanos is more or less doomed. Try and use the Infinity Stones on Meng Hao? He will just magic himself back in time or just straight up recover since his body is essentially immortal. Or Meng Hao could just directly suck up all the life force out of Thanos or leave him burning in a Sun, like he did in his novel. If you take out the Creator, there is no one that can properly fight OP cultivators.

12. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Great, it is Goku VS Superman all over again.

Beltran, Blitz and Anown like this.
  13. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Marvel and DC both got a literally creator god of all in their universes, One Above All and Prescience can do anything and everything. I'm not sure how many cultivators can do that on a scale like them.

14. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reality altering also undermines cultivation stories pretty hard so there's not too much of that on a lasting scale. Imagine a cultivator that could just create cultivation resources out of thin air. It seems to be the same with time. Able to affect it but with hard limits in cultivation stories.

There's only one truly omnipotent character in both of them but there are dozens of virtually omnipotent characters.

15. Mount Tai Unleashed

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanos is quite weak in the marvel universe, beyonder could swat meng hao like a bug:blobowoevil_horns:

16. AkunDami

AkunDami Neu membar

Reading List:
    Link
    If armor plot count then sorry, DC will win by landslide. Batman already beat gods few times and that was without power. Heck, even in VS forum, batman plus preparation could beat anything non-ROB (random omnipotent being).

17. trannon1

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes he would. But Beyonder is classified as omnipotent. Hence why I said if you remove omnipotence, it pretty much screws DC/Marvel over.

18. Mount Tai Unleashed

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd only consider pre-retcon beyonder omnipotent, normal beyonder is just nigh-omnipotent which isn't true omnipotence. There's a lot of nigh-omnipotent characters in both marvel/dc universes which could take universal dumps on cultivators hah!

19. trannon1

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a frustrating discussion because unlike Marvel/DC comics which have multiple versions and universes, novels primarily focus on singular universes that only span out at the very end of the novel. This means we never actually see most of them at their true potential so we can't tell exactly what are their limits. Novels start and end, whereas comics just keep on expanding.

And being nigh-omnipotent is pretty difficult to define as well. What are the conditions to omnipotence in this case?

Depending on the limitations involved, there are characters that can just straight up rewrite someone's destiny, and by definition, existence. For example, Lin Feng is someone that can just straight up strip away someone's destiny and force them to reincarnate in a different form. That breaks reality pretty hard, but he is still not omnipotent, so in his particular case he probably can wash up most other characters.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  20. jinxs2011

jinxs2011 [Rebel Against Normality][Writer of the Unusual]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hard to compare beings at that level (the reality benders in marvel), who are so conceptual. Let's say, though, for the sake of argument, we exclude anyone who is capable of destroying and/or creating a universe and/or warping the universe.

Under that criteria, cultivators would rule. Among the powerful cultivators, standing on the surface (or the center) of a star wouldn't even count as training to them. They can destroy stars and planets with casual ease, tear holes in the fabric of space, teleport, in some cases manipulate karma (I believe I read one where there was a guy who could kill people through their karmic threads), in some cases manipulate time, fly at speeds exceeding light several times over... etc etc. And that's just your average joe.

As far as i'm aware, not many marvel dudes (excluding those matching above description) are capable of such feats. It's a rarity, whereas in cultivation, planet busters are the norm.

I would also like to point out that in cultivation novels, as mentioned earlier, there are often multiple 'realms', the first usually being mainly populated with ordinary humans. The planets in this realm are depicted as similar or the same as a life-bearing planet would be in real life. In the second or third realms up, however, the planets are generally depicted as being comprised of progressively stronger materials (stronger than diamond, most likely). (The fabric of space also usually gets tougher) Thus, planet-buster level in cultivation is actually far, far superior to planet-buster level in marvel. Even your trash-tier scrub in 3rd realm could decimate planets in the 1st or second realms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.