LCD Rebirth of the Thief Who Roamed the World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zeph, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    They're mocking him...for using stairs?

Just how much of a persecution complex does the author have?

Edit: Reading a bit farther.....okay, this is premium grade BS. Out of all the things in this novel, this is the most egregious "author convenience plot". Gamers like to do all sorts of stupid shit; there are people who go super hardcore RP or do completely meaningless challenges. Even in real life, I've walked up the stairs of a building with the fastest elevator in the state, and I know countless others had done so before me.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  2. Rogue Will

Rogue Will [A Passing Devil]

Reading List:
    Link
    Asiatic logic dude

3. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Not necessarily, as I'd also be curious as to why there's stairs when an elevator is present.

I've been to buildings with elevators and I found myself a couple of times using the stairs because there's just too much people using the dang elevators.

Maybe...just maybe...the author actually has inferiority complex that seeps into his works in the form of showing that his underdog MCs are actually way much better than those in society.

4. Rogue Will

Reading List:
    Link
    Is what im saying, they like to sink everyone else to make completely normal mc's looks incredible.

5. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    The crowd passing by pointed and mocked Nie Yan. "Look at him eating. What a scrub for not getting nutrient paste injected into his intestines through his rectum."

Suddenly, Nie Yan lit up with a column of light.
    Congratulations! Your great dedication in chewing solid food has been rewarded! Nie Yan checked his status and found every stat had increased by 999999, and he had been given 50 pieces of ultra omega legendary equipment.

"Unfortunately, this will only last me another 300 levels," Nie Yan shook his head regretfully.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    userunfriendly and Rogue Will like this.
  6. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    No. What you said is that it's because the author is Asian.

I'm Asian and that's a terrible judgment that is different from what I said.

Rogue Will likes this.
  7. Rogue Will

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry dude, i don't mean all writers, but i just don't see this tendency too often in novels of others countrys like i see in the asian ones.

8. Xilphidae

Xilphidae ⚔Swordfish⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    considering it's supposed to be VR, I'd say taking the elevator is a natural course of action, though what I really wonder about, rather than why no one else was curious enough to waste a bit of time climbing the stairs is; why the hell is there even an elevator anyway? I mean the game background isn't really tech savvy though there are objects magical in nature, etc, I would've of thought there'd be a teleporter or something instead.

Well then again thinking about it, the elevator is probably there for characters to watch others climb the steps so that author can pad out the word count of his story with his persecution complex, kind of annoying but considering WHO the author is I'll let his persecution complex slide since this story is one of his more decent ones

Shield Loyalist and Rogue Will like this.
  9. Rogue Will

Reading List:
    Link
    Well we already have magic cannons and magic elevators, soon will begin too appear "magic" bykes and guns who knows? Its all for the sake of the plot armor no? Until now i don't even know if the mole lord is supposed to be a mole or a bettle what say about a minor event like this.

At least the history is still pretty good until now, the releases is also relatively fast soo meh.

10. SummerMascot

SummerMascot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Author Mad-Snail is pretty crappy, too many plotholes and unresolved plotlines/questlines, he either uses "Deus Ex Machine" (Plot Armor) or "Deux Ex Diabolus" (Plot Nerf).

It's a blatant copycat of World of Warcraft. "MoleLord" Benette is a Cryptlord scarab beetle.
    Complete spoilers here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...g-spoiler-beyond-chap-389.64627/#post-4023693

11. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Fire Code.

12. SummerMascot

Reading List:
    Link
    The stairs are there as part of a Unique-Server-First achievement (meaning only 1 guy in the entire server will get it).
    If I didn't remember incorrectly, the above mentioned Unique-Server-First achievement is also part of some completion sub-criteria for some secret quest.
    So it's just author's plot device of saying MC is superior to the "rest of the sheep population"?

I can't tell whether it's inferiority complex or a copy-paste-pasta attempt to write a new CN Novel, cause most if not all Reincarnation/Isekai Novels are doing the same underdog MC > so-called successful people in society.

It's like Novel writers are selling opiates to numb the readers from reality.

13. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys need a minor spoiler. Do MC kill in real world the bad guy that destroyed his father's company (and killed in first world) a second time ? Or get a assassin to do the job ? I just want some confirmation of how MC deal with him in second life beside him buying the lands and personnel his enemy would have bought/employed.

PS: I think i never saw it before in a novel or anime/manga a MC say to underground organizations that he will overbid any price an enemy would put on his head to kill him => enemy countered and killed. Here it would also work if MC say some kinda same sentence to his employes (because they were bought in his first world by money) UNLESS EVEN BETTER he replace the employes that betrayed before (but not sure he remember every name beside his betraying close family).

14. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he will kill him in the dark, since in this current life he already killed those that tried to kidnap yaoyao, or was he he help king of the world kill them.. hmm can't remember.

15. SummerMascot

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the spoilers here:
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/4016320/

But I think you guys won't bother to read because Mad Snail is "that bad of an author at writing" and you guys don't even remember the name of the bad guy that destroyed his father's company (and then assassinated the bad guy in the first timeline).

MC didn't get to kill the bad guy in 2nd lifetime. As of why, read spoiler thread above.

16. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just got a real problem of not remembering real life names and chinese CNs characters' names.

Quoting:
    • The "unnamed" secret underground chamber is probably the same one beneath Fenarte City that both MC and Xie Yao "did the dirty" in the previous life.
    Huuuuuuuuuhh... what do you mean by that ? I think in previous life MC didn't have sex with FL IRL.

I am disappointed to hear that translator downtoned the love/mushy dialogue and sexy time. I mean : WTF !? It's the best part ! Damnit !

Should i give up reading anymore if i just care about the romance ? Highly probable yes. Maybe i will go back to it when i am really bored and want gameplay novel.

17. SummerMascot

Reading List:
    Link
    @elengee
    1. Virtual Reality Sex counts as sex.
    2. Qidian's specially prepared raw chapters censorship (take it or leave it) policy. https://forum.wuxiaworld.com/discussion/7103/problem-massive-censorship
    3. Mad Snail is really, really bad at writing sex scenes. Even the author of https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-strongest-violent-soldier/ writes better foreplay/sex scenes than Mad Snail.
    EDIT: It wasn't Wuxiaworld translator's fault, the Qidian's acquired raw chapters were already [redacted] and censored.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  18. Insanityplea

Insanityplea *Head Tilt*....*Fart*

Reading List:
    Link
    :( I caught up!

19. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    The current teaser is a girl, does that mean that the library dude is a dudeth?

20. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link

According to lnmtl, 1) library dude is a snorlax, and 2) they use the “he” pronoun. My guess is dude...though typically mtl of mandarin and Korean needs to be checked, because google translation can mess it up.:blobtongue:

canaria23 likes this.