Question Technology Translating help!!!

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by golfapichai, Jan 26, 2019.

1. golfapichai

golfapichai Member

Reading List:
    Link
    光脑 light brain?

I am a bit behind tech knowledge, thus I ask many guru here if there is any technical term or more appropriate term for this 光脑.

It seems this word involve with AI like Jarvis.

Thanks

Update : Thanks everyone for the input, here's the whole sentences

“光脑是只有你一个吗?还是……”

“中国36个省,每个省都有光脑进行支配,而最高的是位于夜袭基地的,最终光脑,宙斯。”

From the content, this involves AI or sort of, but I researched and there is already Chinese word for AI already. Using quantum or photonic computing in these sentences feel a bit weird for me. Are there any words appropriate for these?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  2. ShimizuA

ShimizuA the best teacher is Life.

Reading List:
    Link
    Google search give me photon computer.

So probably, quantum computing?

golfapichai likes this.
  3. FFAx27

FFAx27 Seeking Enlightenment

Reading List:
    Link
    光脑 refers to optical or photonic computing, computers with chips that are suppose to use photons for computations that would allow for higher bandwidth and low latency. In novels, I usually see this term 智脑(intellectual brain) being used when dealing with AI. lol

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    golfapichai and WinByDying like this.
  4. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    Photonic computing is basically standard electronic computing, based on bits, but with photons instead of electrons. It's the next big thing in digital computing, after we hit the limits of electronic computing. Well, there's some other possible avenues like non-silicon based processors as well, but photonics is promising.

Quantum computing uses qubits instead, which have another state apart from the 0 and 1: both 0 and 1 at the same time, superposition. This extra state allows for all sorts of trickery (which I don't understand), and has all sorts of problems and conceptual differences (which I don't understand), making quantum computation fundamentally different from conventional electronic or photonic computing. It's strong for specific problems, but right now not "general purpose" like our digital computers are. It's a very complex matter, and requires a lot of work still.

Feel free to correct me, I know a bit about it all but I'm far from an expert.

golfapichai likes this.
  5. JaketheDog

JaketheDog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we see the whole sentence in which you are trying to translate?

golfapichai likes this.
  6. Cuddles0_0

Cuddles0_0 (>^∆^)> Xtra Whipped Cream Translations <(^∆^<)

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh that wording came up in Free-Spirited Illegitemate Son, although it translated to a really tiny computer implanted in the brain, we just called it a System

golfapichai likes this.