Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Yaoilover-89

Yaoilover-89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Cypress @Sauling I'm relieved that it's not just me who's been confused about their position! :sweating_profusely:

Exactly, I too prefer this scenes! :blobsmilehappyeyes:

@Lycieratia Thank you for this explanation of their position! :cookie:

@asckj1 Ahhh! Thank you so much for subbed the second add! :blobReach: I think I have the same size as your video but here a link in case:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GTo2qTLAgnyvU4myjv1qkPpMX_yNuZeH

2. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest when I was reading Chiaki Himura translation to this chapter, from her translation it gave me the impression that Wei Ying was on the bottom when he pull Lan Zhan in for the kiss, hand pressing the neck , hand on Lan Zhan's back, because I am having trouble imagining Wei Ying would need to put his hands on Lan Zhan's back when all he need to do is just lean down and kiss him and how can he put his hands on his back if Lan Zhan is lying down on the bed?

So I see that somewhere between these actions they have already switched position? I mean when Wei Ying reached down to touch Lan Zhan lower part, I imagine it he was already on the bottom.

Anyways aside from me having difficulty imagining the position they're in but I did really enjoy this chapter and I'm glad the smut wasn't censored.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    chiino and setsuna3025 like this.
  3. asckj1

asckj1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c109 from chiaki_himura (instagram) now available!

Sauling and setsuna3025 like this.
  4. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that we're getting nearer to the end I'm starting to feel my withdrawal symptoms kicking in (ಥ﹏ಥ)
    I don't want the MDZS novel journey to end, I want this journey to continue for a bit longer!! (ಥ﹏ಥ)

I'm in denial already !!!!

I'm tempted to beg K-san to take it easy, take all the time she needs to translate the remaining chapters. But that's selfish & stupid so I'm just gonna go to the corner, rock back and forth, waiting for the full extent of my withdrawal symptoms to kick in (ಥ﹏ಥ)

We aren't even in the climax of the story, yet I'm already starting to be like this (ಥ﹏ಥ)

5. asckj1

asckj1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I think Lan QiRen isn't hell bent on cursing Wei WuXian for his entire life. I mean if he despised him so much then he wouldn't allow Wei WuXian to come and live with Lan WangJi in the Cloud recesses after they got married. And from the way it's depicted in the novel, it also doesn't seem as if Wei WuXian doesn't even want to see Lan QiRen in his sight. Ofcourse, he does avoid him probably so that Lan QiRen doesn't get a heart attack from all his anger at his old age XD Remember, during the second seige on burial mounds, Lan QiRen was also there, and he did listen to what Wei WuXian was suggesting for all people there to do to get out of that place. I feel that if he was this extremely intolerant as he is made out to be then he would have simply ignored him without any thought.

Oh yes, I'm reading Scum Villain right now too. It is an interesting novel, but for me MDZS is way way way above scum villain in terms of story. I've seen a lot of fanart of Luo Binghe and Shen Qingqiu on pinterest and they sure are funny with Luo Binghe shown to have dog like characteristics when it comes to his Shizun hahaha.
    Actually I am more interested in the author other novel Heaven Official's blessing. And I am completely in love with Hua Cheng's character. He the type of character who only looks at the love of his life no matter where he is and what he's doing. In that respect, he seems similar to Lan WangJi, since WangJi also has eyes for only Wei WuXian.
    Sadly, Heaven Official's blessing isn't very popular with audience yet it seems. The reason maybe the very slow tls of Sakhyulations. It really is a blesing that another person called yummy suika is also tling this series and has already finished 69 chapters of this really awesome story. If you haven't yet read this novel, I'd definitely recommend it (y)

By the way, what is your interpretation of Wei WuXian's soul being unresponsive for 13 years and not answering to any inquiries or attempts for even the most distinguished cultivators for all this time? But suddenly one fine day, Mo XuanYu who is a low level cultivator is able to bring back his soul on Earth. I find it a bit hard to digest why only Mo XuanYu could do it but not others. I've read through the directory posts about this and there were explanations saying that Wei WuXian's soul responded only because he was a demonic cultivator. But I mean other demonic cultivators might have attempted this sacrificing ritual, isn't it? Or was only Mo XuanYu successful because he did the steps exactly as mentioned by Wei WuXian in his notes, whereas others might have been doing the procedure wrongly?

@Fiorisi I can understand your thoughts >.< I too wish the story continued. But I'm also happy that the story gets a wonderful closure. :X3:

Cypress, chiino, Sauling and 2 others like this.
  6. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    True, if we were to go by the theory of "Wei could only be summoned through Demonic Cultivation" certainly others who followed or mimicked his path would have summoned him back. I questioned this too, and I reasoned maybe not only do they have to use demonic cultivation but also have a certain amount of resentful energy or a set of specific emotions? To summon Wei himself.

Another reason could be that the soul sacrificing ritual is unknown to everybody. JGY kept Wei's inventions securely inside his secret chambers, MXY only got the ritual instructions cuz he was let inside. Plus, didn't MXY messed up a tiny part of the ritual? Cuz he forgot to mention whilst initiating the ritual what his wishes were exactly and yet was able to summon Wei in the end.

Either that or it's plot armour lol

Unrelated note: Yeah It gets a good closure in the end, but I want mmmooaaarrrr :3

chiino, Sauling and asckj1 like this.
  7. asckj1

asckj1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... Yes, it does make sense that a certain state of mind and resentful energy should be satisfied for this ritual to be successful. Actually I think Wei WuXian also mentions something along these lines in one of the chapters- something like the time, place and circumstance should be just right for this ritual to be successful. But with what I read from c109, I'm starting to doubt whether something else was also used as a specific catalyst, only available to the oscar actor
    (Nie Huaisang)
    , to bring exactly Wei WuXian's soul back. Something that could break the possible suspended animation in which Wei WuXian's soul might have been for all these 13 years. And I say this based again on the directory posts which mention this. Because, this could also explain then why even though Lan WangJi played inquiry for 13 years but still couldn't contact Wei WuXian's soul. But Mo XuanYu must have had something that triggered his soul to respond.

This "I don't know" Nie sect leader Huaisang definitely is the most shockingly innovative character of all in this MDZS universe. I'm anticipating even more shocking revelations in c110 now.
    It feels sort of ironical. The elder Nie brother didn't like scheming people and his younger brother has turned out to be just one of such schemer that he hated. I wonder what more there is to this behaviour of Nie Huaisang.

chiino and Fiorisi like this.
  8. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    realli????? i like fairy tail though hahah but ya agreed on the too much fan service on the bodies -.- :facepalm:.

sometime i read the jap yaoi mangas and ya they do seem to be so forceful im like omg yyyyyyyyyyyyy i don like it when they hav to be forceful but den end up lovin each other like wattttttttttttttttttttt. i read junjou romantica abit but nvr follo liao ahhaha
    *pat pat* *joins u* :blobjoy:

9. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I know that's why I want to Head Canon that one day LQR will come to see Wei Ying's positive side and start to like him. If he really have a stroke every time he sees him, then he wouldn't as you said and also wouldn't have allowed Lan Zhan to bring Wei Ying to the family feast, so that's why to me there's still hope for this grumpy man to like Wei Ying one day hahahahahahaha

I feel the same when it comes to MDZS and Scum Villain. To me while I still like and enjoy Scum Villain, MDZS is way above Scum Villain in terms of story. To be honest this fanart here (which I hope is the official design) is what got me into reading Scum Villain:
    [​IMG]

Because the first image/design kinda reminds me of wangxian hahaha. On my end I do really love Luo Binghe's character, I mean yeah he can really be like a puppy when it comes to his Shizun and threatening when it comes to others (I actually find that charming xD);

I also Love how Luo Binghe held onto his Shizun's body all those years like it was his most precious/world, that's really <3

Ohh I've been wanting to read this novel on my end, but I don't know of a good link to check it out. Do you have a good link to read this on? And how often do the translator post the translations? I'll definitely would like to check this out on my end :)

From what I gathered, I think it's because the 'time, place and circumstances' isn't right, which Wei Ying once made a point of this in the novel, and this this could probably be explained that Wei Ying soul is 'different' to all the others seeing how can he have such a horrible/painful death from all the backlash/backfire of his ghouls where his body was torn to nothingness but his soul remained intact, and in one piece? Like I was questioning about that on my end. Even A Qing soul was not in a stable condition after Xue Yang attacked her with one strike, her soul was in fragments which Wei Ying have to use his spirit trapping pouch to put together the fragments of A Qing soul. So Wei Ying despite suffering the backlash of his powers and ghouls, his soul was in one piece? It made me think that his soul is probably in a different level then an ordinary/normal one. Well my guess here anyways.

I also read somewhere in here that someone said that his soul was in Purgatory... So that could also be another reason why his soul was unresponsive unless the summoning and calling for his soul is used in a certain way, at a certain time , with a certain condition to be summoned back, hence why it explained why his soul was unresponsive to all the callings from the other cultivators, because the time, place, condition they used isn't right, which lead to what Wei Ying said to Lan Zhan during the Yi City arc that soul summoning is quite complicated ritual and it may not always work out.
    ^ and this probably why MXY can call back his soul because he did all those conditions when he followed one of Wei Ying's script. And here's another theory I think, maybe Wei Ying soul is considered different since he walked this demonic path and was surrounded by all this 'demonic energy' made his soul different to the other normal ones so to the procedure to summon him back is different to the others? But don't mind me because I feel like the more I think of this direction the more crazier my theory is lol.

Anyways that's just my hypothesis to this (not sure if I'm making any sense since I'm typing this on my phone at 6:30 AM )

Yeah same here >.< and thanks for the update to ch 109! will definitely read this later.

@Fiorisi , I know how you feel though, I too have withdrawal symptoms but I'm in a dilemma since I want to read the ending quicker because I want to know how it ends yet at the same time I didn't want this amazing story to end because I'll miss it!!! :blobsob:

Well I guess I'll just re read and re read again once it ends... and I still hope to see MXTX writes more extras for MDZS and especially more Wangxian fluff in the future, that way MDZS world will never end!!!:aww::aww:

10. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    So I’m finally reading/catching up on MDZS. :blobsob: I was avoiding it because I didn’t won’t to face the heart ack :blobsob:. Yes I’m talking about the golden core part. I hate feeling JC in pain. I love him so much. Wen Ning, honey whyyyy u have to say it like that. I mean, I know u couldn’t say it any other way with out it hurting, but still you didn’t need to end it like that. :blob_teary: Why u gotta go and say: but you have to know that you never should’ve been able to equal him!” :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:
    @Fiorisi Why did ur hubby have to say that! *sniff* I’m seriously crying just because he said that! :blobsob: Bad Wen Ning. Bad!
    I love u, but seriously WHYYYYYYY :blob_teary: ha WHY Wen Ning!!!!!!!!!

JINGYI WERE R U? I’m a really missing u. I’m waiting for the chapter when u re appear. :blobicecreamlove:

Okay I’m gonna finish chapter 89 and the rest that comes after it.

Edit @Sauling u can read HOB on the same website as SV https://www.novelupdates.com/series/heaven-officials-blessing/ you’ll see the information ur looking for on this page, and be able to click on the chapters.

Haha I still need to catch up on HOB and SV

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  11. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    @Loverofanimeandmanga , thanks for the link, someone already sent me the link earlier so I'll check that out on my end later. Hopefully I will like it. :)

As for the GC revelation, to be honest I love what Wen Ning said, because JC needs to know this through the hard way, if not he will not believe it. And I do think Wen Ning have good intentions when he said that to JC (the quote you quoted); how I saw that was, JC shouldn't need to compare himself with Wei Ying all the time, yes he will not be able to equal him, but so what? He's still strong in his own way. He needs to STOP for once and think just how much Wei Ying loves and care for him like a brother to give up his life cultivation for him. IMO, if slapping JC to make him come to his senses to undergo a character development, then it's worth it in the long run. And I love what Wen Ning did. Let's not forget what JC said to both Wei Ying and Lan Zhan first was really hurtful, so who's going to feel sorry for them?

If I was in Wen Ning position I would have gave JC this speech to wake him up. It's not about who's better than who. Sometimes if saying what you don't want to hear is a good way to make someone realize something to change (psychologically IMO) then it can help JC get out of that phase to be happy in a long run. I never liked how Madam Yu tried to rub this into JC, that's why I never liked her on my end. I'm sorry for saying this, but I'm just kinda tired and sad that people kinda give Wen Ning that rant or beating if what he did was the right thing to bring some senses into JC so he can wake up and learn it's not all about comparison. I mean if JC can have this slap to wake up and change / undergo a character development, then in the end it all works out for the best, because he realized the truth, and can be happy in a long run.

I used to like Fairy Tail on my end very early on, it has a good story plot, character arcs, but somewhere along the way, when the author (Mashima) started to put in so many unnecessary fanservice (poor Erza have to be the one succumbed to his fanservice >.<) is when I started to really dislike it. I stick with it, in hope that the author (Mashima) would at least have a good, conclusive ending, but he trolled me big time, he totally destroyed the last bit of faith I had in him for that ending, so I can no longer support his work :blobexpressionless::facepalm::blobtriumph:

Junjou Romantica took me a while to get into, but once I'm in, I'm a fan :) Though I prefer Sekaiichi Hatsukoi better because it's more maturer/story-wise :)

12. Loverofanimeandmanga

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome, and I hope u enjoy it as well.

There’s nothing u need to apologise for.

I didn’t mean to put Wen Ning in that view. I love him and what he said is very true. I’m glad he said what he said to JC, and not beat around the bush. It’s just what he said at the end made me think.

JC whole life has been compared to Wei Wuxian, so the way I took it was. No matter what u do u can never be strong, did u really think you’d be able to catch up to Wei Wuxian. Of course not. The only reason u caught up was because u have his golden core.

You see I didn’t think positvly, and had a different view in those words than u.

For me I was not routing for Wen Ning because my heart was acking the entire time. I acknowledge Wen Ning for being able to say what he did, but my head was in more term oil because of it. I know JC needed to hear these things loud and clear, but it didn’t stop my heart from herting any less. I try to take it how u did. But all I can think from those words ( “you have to know that you never should’ve been able to equal him” ) Is this. “ It was Like WN was saying, JC couldn’t catch up no mater what he did, that was until Wei Wuxian gave him his core. :cry: That’s why I started crying. JC has always been compared to WWX so why wouldn’t he himself compare himself to WWX. It’s easy to say he should stop feeling jealous, that he should stop comparing himself to other people, but it’s not that easy. He can’t just stop, things have been festering inside for so long. It’s not just gonna stop.

Part of JC character is to bild walls, to protect what little of himself he has left. Part of this is his harsh words, things he says to gard himself. He’s not gonna easily let go. He not gonna easily forgive. What I’m trying to say is, JC not perfect, but at lest he try’s to protect what little of himself has left. The little bit that feels human.

What WN said will slowly help him forgive or understand, and I thank Wen Ning for this.

I love jc because he’s a character full of emotion, he’s not able to express himself in the way he should, but that’s him and I love him like that. I would be lying if I didn’t won’t him to change, because I won’t him to be able to love himself. Because I know deep down, theirs know that he blames more than himeself, no one that he hates more than himself. I told u before right, he’s trying to protect himself. He will never admit what he truly feels. JC complicated and I interpret him differently than others do.

I love madam Yu, and to be honest I wasn’t a big fan Jiang Fengmian. If it wasn’t for that last seen with him and JC I would’ve disliked him. Why because he never showed his love or given his attention to any of his children, but gave it to WWX. Madam Yu never once asked for his love or to give her attention. All she asked for was for him to love his children, to give them attention. She put JC in between their fight to fully show this, but he walked out and never said anything. ( Though I will say I didn’t like how she did that. )

Edit: Give me ur thoughts on JF because for me personally I don’t have any feelings towards him. Still it leans more towards dislike than like.

13. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    source

I'm dead, lol. I feel like I'm being called out, too.

14. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand that those who actually loves Jiang Cheng might actually find it hard to stomach what Wen Ning said but how I see this whole thing is, from another perspective:

What Wen Ning said is true.

What Jiang Cheng felt in his whole life is he is inferior to Wei Ying and he wants to be better than Wei Ying to prove to others that he's actually better than Wei Ying, yes, that much I understand on my end. But let's look at it this way, isn't how Jiang Cheng feels about not liking to be compared to (Wei Ying) and he feels inferior to (Wei Ying) makes him similar to Su She for wanting to be better than Lan Zhan? Su She is a scum, and I didn't try to put JC in that comparison to prove that he is one, but the whole "being better than..... *said character* that you're being compared to*, not liking that feeling, while is not exactly the same but gives a similar feeling. JGS knows how Jiang Cheng holds jealousy towards Wei Ying in this area, that's how he use that to his advantage to cause them to drift apart, when they were having tha meeting in Carp Tower after Wei Ying rescued the Wen's. This is why, if Jiang Cheng never feel that way, if his mother doesn't have such high standards, then none of this would have happened.

Feeling this way, comparing to, being compared to, and thinking this way will never make one happy.

You shouldn't need to compare yourself to, to make yourself feel better and if others accept and love you because you are better than that person, this is conditional love, not unconditional. Unconditional is true love. It's a kind of love that makes it true/real that you are genuine about how you feel about that person, even if you are not no.1. So let's look at Madam Yu's love for Jiang Cheng here, is her love for Jiang Cheng unconditional? My answer to this is no.

Jiang Yanli (his sister) love can be regarded as someone who can love unconditionally (unlike her mother), because she doesn't care who is better than who. She still loves Jiang Cheng, and wants the one she loves to feel loved, happy and enjoy themselves. Did Madam Yu ever let Jiang Cheng (her son) enjoy himself when he was young? Wasn't this whole comparison business started by his mother? She wanted Jiang Cheng to be better than Wei Ying. That's why she was so hard on Jiang Cheng. But if she loves Jiang Cheng unconditionally, does it matter if Jiang Cheng is better than Wei Ying or not? If she loves Jiang Cheng unconditionally, then why can't she be like Jiang Yanli? THAT'S unconditional love. Because if she always said, Wei Ying is a trouble-maker, naturally this became what Jiang Cheng believed in, so even though he thinks what Wei Ying does, the games etc might be fun, he refuse to think it's fun, or would want to join in because he didn't want to disappoint his mother....

This is why I never liked Madam Yu's logic for wanting to nail this into Jiang Cheng's head, over the years, as a mother, I think she was very horrible as one, she was harsh(even though she may have her own way of loving JC), her love for Jiang Cheng isn't unconditional, it's conditional. She will always scold Jiang Cheng if he is not being sensible, and she always repeatedly say that Wei Ying will one day bring trouble to lotus pier, over the years, and saying this, and being treated by his mother with such high standards, will no doubt leave a psychological impact to shape Jiang Cheng views and what he see is 'the right thing'. So, really, I don't like Madam Yu, I never did, because I don't see any unconditionally motherly love she has for Jiang Cheng.

If you notice that in the Lotus Seed Pod extra, Jiang Cheng even made a comment that he didn't want Wei Ying to invite Lan Zhan to Lotus Pier, because he didn't want his mother to start comparing him to Lan Zhan.... He doesn't like this feeling, and who was the one that got Jiang Cheng to feel this way? Again, It's his mother. I always see that if Madam Yu is someone like Yanli (his sister), then he would have grown up to be a better and happier character with that kind of love, and not having to hate that feeling of being compared to the others.

Being compared to isn't a pleasant or nice feeling. While others often compare Jiang Cheng to Wei Ying, and say Wei Ying is better etc etc, but if this whole root wasn't started off by his mother and Jiang Cheng wants to do his utmost best to reach his mother's standards, then he wouldn't have turned out to be someone so full of insecurities.... If his mother actually loves Jiang Cheng unconditionally, whether he's better than Wei Ying or not, she would still love him by actually showing that she loves him and be like.... "No matter if Jiang Cheng is better than Wei Ying or not, he's still my no.1 son" and would actually show this. From what I gathered, Madam Yu goes for discipline, she would not like it, or show a strong form of dislike when Jiang Cheng (her son) just tries to relax, calm and plays with Wei Ying and his other shidi, because she always see that Wei Ying is a bad influence, and doesn't like it when Jiang Cheng goes along with Wei Ying's ways. This is all been nailed into him, that's why Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying fall apart, because of how Madam Yu raised and nailed in these teachings to Jiang Cheng at a young age. If Madam Yu wasn't like that, if she was someone like Yanli, then none of Jiang Cheng insecurities will be formed to begin with. This is my opinion, and this is why I never liked Madam Yu.

Anyways, having to say all that, let's just get back to the topic of Wen Ning. There's a saying that can be said here, "Sometimes the truth hurts", and for Jiang Cheng, yes, what Wen Ning said was hurtful, because all these years, his insecurities, his fear, his pride was all being brought into the surface with what Wen Ning said, crushing it because he is having this truth nailed into him because he can't ever be equal to Wei Ying BUT this, I personally see is a good start to his healing process. Jiang Cheng needs to stop be in denial, he needs to accept that he can't be better than Wei Ying and move on from this. It's only then, will he start to truly be a happy person because he no longer have such ideals to be better than Wei Ying. He can love himself, for who he is, without having to prove to anyone that he's better than Wei Ying to be accepted and love. His mother's ideals for Jiang Cheng imo, is WRONG.

This is why I love what Wen Ning said to Jiang Cheng, because I felt like it's a slap that Jiang Cheng needed, even if it hurts him, but it's better to get hurt now, and to be healed from this then to have the rest of his life not loving himself because he always feel inferior to Wei Ying and wants to be better than him. It can be regarded as a psychological way/method to heal one's heart in a long run. Like if you go to see psychologists, they would also often say things, touch on subjects that is sensitive to you, but if you can overcome all this, then you are on the right path to that healing process. Wen Ning did it. Wen Ning helped pushed Jiang Cheng onto that path to start that healing process and undergo that character change, so really, I am thankful and I love what Wen Ning did because it helped Jiang Cheng realized things and make him a happier person by not having to go through that ridiculous idea that he needs to be better than Wei Ying to be accepted and loved by the others. What Wen Ning said, I interpret that he means well in a long run i.e. "You will never be able to equal Wei Ying!" <-- In a deeper meaning, it's a slap to wake him up so he can realize that even if he can't, but he can accept that in the end because that's just how it is in life. And whether he can out-beat Wei Ying or not, DOESN'T MATTER. Jiang Cheng doesn't need to compete with Wei Ying and to be better/equal to him to be accepted/love. If you can't even love/accept yourself first, how can you expect others to accept/love you in return? Jiang Cheng needs to realize alot of things before he can be happy, and what Wen Ning said (to me) is like a slap that brings him back to the present time that his days of competing with Wei Ying, to be better than him, to outshine him to prove to others is not a necessity anymore.

You don't have to be better than the other to be happy. Just be yourself. Love and acceptance will come find you, even if there are weaknesses in you. No one is perfect, and Jiang Cheng is the very perfect example of this. He isn't perfect, but he's not irredeemable. He can love, but before he can truly love someone, he needs to not set such high standards on himself, and on the other party, and just love that person naturally, for who they are. I'm sure when that time comes, when he can finally let go of his mother's ideals, i.e. when he finally realize this moral, then he can have a wife (whenever that is), because he no longer need to set a high-standard in that kind of love, and his love will no longer be a conditional one.

So sorry for the long-talk about this topic, but this is how I see it, what Wen Ning did makes me love him because (1) he was brave enough to stood up by revealing the truth to Jiang Cheng (and to speak up on the sacrifices Wei Ying put in for Jiang Cheng on his behalf, since Wei Ying will never say it) and (2) Wen Ning said, while it makes Jiang Cheng feels terrible but it's something that is needed to be said, so he psychologically will get this idea in. He is not going to be better than Wei Ying, but at the end of the day, this is FINE because we are all human. What Wen Ning is trying to tell Jiang Cheng here is (how I got out of this), he wanted to tell Jiang Cheng, accept this fact and move on. Don't dwell on such ideas anymore(otherwise, you'll forever live in Wei Ying's shadows) <-- If that makes sense???

Anyways, since you've asked for my opinion on Jiang Fengmian :) I actually love him on my end, because he's kind the way YanLi is, so it's a natural like. I do think that he loves/care for Jiang Cheng as his own son. And I understand why Jiang Cheng wants that kind of father love too, but at least he never really treated Jiang Cheng the way Madam Yu does with such high standards. He's an easy-going person, that if Madam Yu doesn't bring bitter/vinegar to rub her feelings onto Jiang Cheng, then Jiang Cheng wouldn't have felt so insecure. I also felt that this whole jealousy that Jiang Cheng feels, it mainly stems from how Madam Yu feels and whenever she opens her mouth to make a point, she rubs off her feelings and make the atmosphere awkward. Like, she will always find the moment, when Jiang Cheng wasn't even thinking about such, to remind that Jiang Cheng is his son, not Wei Ying..... So, urgh, I didn't like that mostly coming from Madam Yu side. If Madam Yu was a better wife/mother, then things will be different, really, I am not so favourable towards Madam Yu on my end, because she's harsh. She always have to rub her jealousy she feels towards Wei Ying on Jiang Cheng, Imo, if Madam Yu really loves her husband, than she would understand and not be so self centered about this whole idea. Sure she's jealous, from a woman perspective, it's understandable, but do she always have to cause a rift with what she said to Jiang Fengmian in front of Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng to make it bitter afterwards? Jiang Fengmian loving Wei Ying doesn't mean he doesn't love Jiang Cheng too, Madam Yu just have to make it seems that way with her way of saying things... But yeah, this is how I see it, since I see that between Jiang Fengmian and Madam Yu, we really feel differently about how we feel about these two characters, so I won't go into this anymore.

15. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately for everyone who wanted a Wei Ying nendroid... They're all sold out apparently someone thought that having one wasn't enough
    Here's the culprit~
    DxzmrfcVYAAeige.jpeg DxzmsaGUcAAZEbg.jpeg
    To think he wasn't satisfied considering he owns the real thing...

kiara8, readerz, setsuna3025 and 7 others like this.
  16. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob: I WAS GOING TO PRE-ORDER IT!!!! :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob: WHO WOULD DO SUCH A........OH, IT'S HANGGUANG-JUN....... :blobsmirk::blobsmirk:OK, THAT'S FINE....*sniff* :blobconfounded::blobconfounded::blobconfounded:

readerz, setsuna3025 and Cypress like this.
  17. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    *Pats pats* I know the feeling :blob_teary:
    Let us all rejoice in this not so tragic tradegy... What's important is that Lan Zhan is happy *sniff sniff* :blobcry:

setsuna3025 and Sauling like this.
  18. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    * Yeah :blob_teary:, as long as Lan Zhan is happy, and thinking it's Lan Zhan that got all the stock, it somehow ease my suffering a little :blobcry: *

setsuna3025 and Cypress like this.
  19. asckj1

asckj1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh haha. Yeah, the earlier part of the story when Luo Binghe was a young disciple of Shen Qingqiu and used to tend to his every small whim, that whole part was really adorable!

Yep. Luo Binghe is extremely dedicaded to his Shizun. The misunderstanding between them is really something else.

I think people might have already shared the Heaven Official's Blessing link but here's the one from yummy suika -> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oXnp5Y2OD70i78utu4BcQ3xgAlygypd0
    The chapters are updated there really fast (y)(y)
    I've also shared all mdzs and hob links in my signature;)

20. Loverofanimeandmanga

Reading List:
    Link
    Madam Yu sounds so awfull when u put her like that. Okay so I’m just gonna say nether of them were saints. I’ll be honest, I blame Jin Fengmian more than I do madam Yu. I mean Jin Fengmian never explained anything he made both madam Yu and Jiang Cheng really insecure. Sure you can say madam Yu planeted seeds, in Jiang Cheng’s head but the one who made them sprout was his father Jin Fengmian.

The way I see it, madam Yu love here son unconditionally not conditionally. She was strict towards him. You may say she had high standards. But I don’t think she did, all she wonted was for people not to looked down her son, to not treat him like the child his father never wonted. She didn’t won’t people to think WWX should be the next head of Yunmeng Jiang Sect. She wanted people to rightfully know her son worked hard to get we he is, that he deserved his title. She Wanted him to be strong independent but much like Jiang Cheng she can’t show her emotions the way she should.

I don’t know, the way u put Madam Yu shounds really evil. I never saw or felt anything like this, not even when reading the novel. Instead I felt a man who neglected his family. I saw a man who ran away from his problems, I saw a man who talked and showed more affection to WWX than his own children. If Jiang Fengmian said or told his son he was proud of him even once his insecurities would’ve found root with him. In fact a lot of things would of turned out differently if Jiang Fengmian had just showed his affection to his children and explained things, but he did neither of that. Someone had to train Jiang Cheng to be a worthy sect leader, and since Jiang Fengmian wasn’t doing it, the responsibility was pushed onto madam Yu. Of course she’d be strict just like she was strict to the disciples of Yunmeng Jiang Sect.

It’s nice to see ur point of view on characters, because it makes me take other thing that I would not normally into acount. TBH I’m glad u haven’t shy’d away from my point views on characters. Especially because there so different LOL. That’s what makes it fun the discussions I mean.

Wen Ning an angel, who was the first stepping stone to Jiang Chengs happiness hopefully Lan Xichen’s the last.

setsuna3025, Cypress and chiino like this.