Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Event Hall

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Jan 28, 2019.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Registration | Announcement Hall | Dungeon Diving | Quest Board | Receptionist's Desk | Tavern | OOC Room

The event hall is where special limited time events (we might refer to them as raids btw, it's sort-of a legacy term) will be held by staff, in general, any player is allowed to participate.

The events are highly interactive occasions in which something remarkable is happening that requires the participation of most guild members. It has a few special rules that are the following:

Rules:
    1. Don't double post in this thread.
    2. Posts should be strictly IC within the raid. You can put one OOC note or another, but use the Tavern or the OOC room for anything that is not a small note.
    3. Posts should have a maximum of 750 words, this is in order to increase the interactivity within the events.
    4. Feel free to interact (we actually recommend you to do so!) with what the other players have written for the current event, just don't try invalidating what they've done.
    5. Common sense-chan is important, try not to do stuff that should be impossible for your character to do... You can try putting them in situations they are unable to deal with and hope someone else saves you though... It might be a good idea to ask for help from other players in the Tavern or OOC room though~
    6. Don't harm/kill other people's characters without their consent.
    7. Any player can participate in the event regardless of anything else they are doing. (As in, you can be in a quest, dungeon and event all at the same time if you want.)
    If you're still confused about how it works, feel free to ask while an event is going on, we'll do our best to help~

In general though, just consider it like a big special quest that anyone can participate in, and that it is being developed in real time~

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    Razogul, Arexio, TiggerBane and 4 others like this.
  2. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
  3. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Reserved~

4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    As dawn came, the priests marched out, spread throughout Nagrand's districts while hanging their holy flowers in multiple places in the town, others positioning themselves in places with heavy circulation of people and started spreading Holy Symbols to whoever was passing by.

Soren himself was at the Plaza, asking the nearby citizens to challenge him to a ceremonial duel for the glory of Lord Ralditorias... I could see some of the usual tavern regulars getting beaten to a pulp in no time, it was honestly laughable~

Meanwhile, many unusual stalls were positioned all across Nagrand's streets, guess all the influx of people was related to merchants wishing to make a profit out of this weird holiday... Or well, hopefully it is, I can only pray there wasn't any kind of troublesome group mixed up in it...

Most citizens seemed to be enjoying the unusual decorations and giggling at the weird half-baked symbols that were carved by all sorts of adventurers, some seemed to even be making competitions to see if they could find which was the worstly carved one... That's pretty rude, you know?

And then, there was me. Looking through everything since the start from my window... Damn guildmaster and his annoying shady meeting, I got so worried last night that I couldn't get an ounce of sleep... *sighs*

Let's just hope everything goes smoothly and no cultists try messing up this festival alright... It would be great if this whole curse could just be cleansed in one go without any mishaps... It's a bit too much to ask for isn't it though...? Haa...

Well, about time to get going I guess, time to enjoy the festival myself~
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Event is Live! \(^^)/

The festival for the glory of Lord Ralditorias is officially live now~

This is basically a limited time event that will go from Saturday Morning (as in, right now) until Sunday Night! No specific timeframes because... Well, the exact duration will depend on how things go~
    Consider that the event lasts 1 day IC-wise though, the festival itself should end by the time dusk comes. More or less.

In any case, this is a festival, go around, interact with others and try having fun I guess? We may change things up a bit after a while, but for now it's just a festival for Lord Ralditorias, the Unyielding~

See the first post for details on rules of how events work and remember to be respectful to other players overall~

And most importantly, have fun! ^^)/

PS: It isn't very clear in the first post (I'll work on editing it later), but anyone can participate on the event regardless of being in a quest, dungeon, in a coma or any other unusual situation that would stop your character from participating... Just assume they festival is happening in a moment your character is free I guess~

And as usual, if anyone wishes to be removed from the tag list, just poke me and I'll remove you from it.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  5. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Kathicia sits down near the plaza watching Soren, whilst smiling at the fact that a massive event is happening so soon to her arrival. Then she realises she has 0 clue what this event is actually about and whether or not it will actually be any fun. So she decides to have a rest whilst sitting in the plaza with absolutely no money due to her cash strapped situation because someone inconvenienced her greatly. Yep it definitely wasn't her fault at all nope she could not receive any blame at all for this none at all~. She watches the people fighting with the priest not enjoying the spectacle at all due to the fact that no one is even getting majorly injured as they are no match for this priest at all in terms of combat experience.

Zone Q11, Razogul, Arexio and 2 others like this.
  6. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    "It's lively around here."

A gourd could be found wandering the festival ground, slipping from one source of excitement to another. It was a sea of green with the majority of the orcish citizen coming out with smaller but still considerable mixture of various races mingling together.

"I wonder what should I see first..." that said, he discarded an empty bag of bread and started to devour meat skewers recently bought. Food stalls doesn't count okay!

Zone Q11, Adrian160596 and Razogul like this.
  7. Unreachable Hope

Unreachable Hope Unspecified, Wandering and Doubtful Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Mmmm, so that was why we were picking Henbanes and carvings Holy Symbols as they said... I guess I should try to relax.", Cinis, coming to this festival was rather curious even if he was not really in the mood due to arguing with his family. The half-elf sighed as he thought he never was at a festival, well, it was to be expected, unless he could call the little parties he had as festivals... very small-scaled one however.

"People seem to be rather cheery...", he sighed a second time as he looked around, perhaps he should just stay with the horse and observe from afar, being alone at a festival don't really seem to be amusing as far as he knew. Mmm, he could perhaps...

"Just try out drinks and food...", nevertheless, he will not get drunk, not again so quickly. His head was not feeling heavy anymore, but it did not mean that he wished to become drunk again.

8. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Elaine munches her usual vegetable sandwiches.

"I guess I should go and check out the stalls here---Eh?"

There was a faint tapping on her waist, and she turns around to see...

"Shiori? Don't you have to take care of the orphanage?"

"What are you talking about? Look behind Shiori, and then say that again."

Behind the young orphanage owner were around thirteen young children of various ages, bickering and making a huge din.

"...Still, isn't this number of kids too much for you to keep track of on your own?"

"That was why Shiori was hoping you would offer to help."

"Well, I don't really mind that---Eh?! Haruna, you're here too?"

Sure enough, standing not too far away was the blacksmith, laughing uproariously along with yet another girl.

"Ah, Elaine! And this girl is?"

"The name is Shiori. Pleased to meet you."

"Fumu, the name is Haruna, and the pleasure is all mine. Also, Elaine, I don't think you've met her before."

The blacksmith pulls along the lady in clerical robes.

"This is my little sister, Natalia."

"Mhm. Pleased to meet the two of you."

"Well, since we're all attending this festival, let's move as a group. Don't want those young charges of yours to lose their way, eh?"

And so, the sizeable party begun heading for the town centre.

Razogul and MaliMi like this.
  9. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    A priest passes Kathicia and notices that she doesn't have one of the holy symbols upon her body so he heads over towards her with his hands clasped around one of the holy symbols. "Excuse me Madam would you please take one of these holy symbols?"

Kathicia turns to the man and then smiling in a very happy way bites out, "That would be heresy on my part, and I do not wish to insult Avrav at this moment in time thank you very much." Flecks of red float around in the eyes of Kathicia as she continues staring a the priest. The priest gets quite scared from the maddening gaze of Kathicia with such a sweet smile upon her face that he decides to back away slowly.

10. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    'o'

Phinimimilomimo was flying around the town, taking in the sights of the festival - forgetting to disguise herself from the flying cats and monsters in the air. Seeing the town was filled with more people than usual, the little fairy saw a gourd-headed man(?) throw a bag on the ground, which saddened her.

"Ah, Fris! Littering is bad for the environment, Fris..."

Flying over to the bag, Phinimimimilomimo picked it up and carried it to a nearby brazier that was burning to keep the townspeople warm on this Wintry day. Reaching it, she threw the bag into the fire, watching it burn into ashes, thus keeping the environment clean of rubbish. It was then that the little fairy noticed other citizens also being negligent, and so went about picking up the litter and burning it in the braziers.

OOC: @A5G_Reaper
    X

11. michael.kx5

michael.kx5 [Sloth Incarnate][Lewd Overlord][The mediator]

Reading List:
    Link
    While Rei was walking around the festival with a mug of beer in one hand and a meat skewers she bought at a different stall in the other, she noticed a very weird phenomenon of small items and litter being lifted up in the air as if by an invisible force, and fly straight towards the braziers.
    Rei had only one mug so far so she was definitely not drunk yet.......
    When looking closely she noticed a small pair of wings fluttering above the items.
    Rei focused her eyes and saw it was a small fairy who was lifting up the litters.
    'I guess the stories about fairies being good and pure natured girls were true'
    When passing by the fairy who was busy lifting up a particularly big bag, Rei whispered so that only the fairy could hear her.
    "Hello, little one. All good hard-working people deserve a reward, don't you think?"
    And presented on her hand a small sweet called "choco berry" she bought just now from a nearby stall.
    OOC: @Nahrenne

12. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sol started moving around from food stall to food stall to try the various peculiar foods. The atmosphere was very nice that he didn't mind to spend 5 large copper coin to try the foods over the two days of the festival.
    A rest once a while was always appreciate in the stressful works of an adventurer. Not like it was less stressful for others considering all the terrible news that was running around. But a festival was a great way to boost the public morale.

"This look delicious~" Sol had in his hands foods from more than 10 different food stalls. He picked a bench so he could start eat the foods and enjoy the happy mood around him.

MaliMi likes this.
  13. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    Festival.

Time of happiness. The days of joy when the folk can ditch the worries of their mundane lives and come out of their shells. Whether you are a noble, priest or a thief there is an activity for ya.

The festival for the glory of Lord Ralditorias was no different. So it came as no suprise that the citizens of Nagrad entered the streets with smiles plastered on their faces. Loud giggles could be heard as kids ran chased each other through the streets. Even the always grumpy elderly did not admonished them on that day. The festive mood spread from person to person like a plague and everyone was happy.

"What a FREAKING HELL???"

...except for Bob.

As if he could ever let himself loose after hearing that. Thinking it might be nonsense, he looked for a different sources of information (mostly from women as they liked to talk for some odd reason). Bob did not want to believe it. He did not dare to belive it. But what could he do? The only thing left for him was to grit his teeth and prepare for the worst.

"I still cannot believe they are gonna pull that off... A cleansing ritual? Are they crazy? Do they want me to die?"

And so, Bob marched out of town. But the question is, will he be capable of leaving it?

Stay tuned, next time on Dragonball Z Bob, the Builder, AG edition!

WhitesRabbit48, Razogul, Way and 5 others like this.
  14. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Watch out for Abdul the Destroyer!))

Razogul, Way and MaliMi like this.
  15. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmm, Fris?"

Hearing the sound of someone whispering to her, Phinimimilomimo looked up and saw a blue-skinned girl with two horns on her silver-haired head towering over her. Seeing the person holding out something with a smile on their face, and recalling what they had just said, the little fairy flew up while using [Telekinesis] to carry the big bag.

"For me, Fris?"

The little fairy looked a bit unsure, at first, since she'd never seen a 'choco berry' before. Flying closer to it, she sniffed the food item, before touching it with her tiny fingers. Some of the chocolate melted a little onto her finger and she licked it off.

"Hmm...Fris...? Oh, Fris! Thank you so much, blue horned thing, Fris!"

Phinimimilomimo picked up the 'choco berry' and began happily nomming on it while sitting on the blue girl's shoulder in a carefree manner.

"This is delicious, Fris!"

She smiled from ear to ear has her little wings moved excitedly in happiness, while the big bag was carried to the brazier, about 1 m away from them, and threw the bag into the fire - thus cancelling her [Telekinesis]. Once she had finished eating the 'choco berry', she flew off the blue girl's shoulder and reached her eye-level. Phinimimilomimo then used [Illusion] to make 3 copies of herself, before they all bowed at the blue thing together. Looking at the girl, the little fairy was curious about what she was, having never seen her kind in Fairy Land before.

"Hmm, Fris...What are you, Fris?"

She couldn't help looking at the silver hair and two horns, trying desperately to resist the urge to fly up to them and touch them, before playing with them.

X

16. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    "Target heads to pelican! I repeat, target heads to pelican. Over!"

"I hear you loud and clear fatso. Over!"

"I am not fat and you know it, pelican. Over!"

"Say that to your candy, fatso. Over!"

"Wait, till the lord hears fo this. Over!"

"As if Ralditorias, the ripped, would hear out a fatso, fatso. Over!"

A nun wearing ceremonious gown replied to her colleague in her head while excusing herself from the crowd of fervent believers.
    'Wait, cannot I simply use them to catch that guy?' She thought. She could spot at the very least two bonafide zealots amongst them. Though she was not quite sure whether they wanted to get into the church or her panties.

'I bet fatso does not have those problems, lucky!' The pelican thought to herself as she lost the faith / love stricken followers in the back alleys and approached her target.

17. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    "What's this?"

It's definitely the rowdiest bunch of festival-goers at the center of the plaza. A bit closer to the center was an elevated platform where a vaguely familiar priest donned in completely unwieldy black plate armor with a bunch of spikes on it and a massive, equally spiky greatsword was surrounded in beated and battered people. The crowd cheered as the priest apparently called Soren raised his sword with a loud "GLORY TO LORD RALDTORIAS!!!", the defeated folks being carted to the sude for healing.

"What's this about?" He poked a random citizen.

"Oh? Priest Soren there is challenging the onlookers on ceremonial duel for the glory of Lord Raldtorias the Unyielding. It's quite common whenever there's any event, although for the head priest to make personal appearance is a rare occasion."

"That's way too many people for a duel."

"Well, after the first few folks got trounced nobody would come up so he allowed several people to take him at once. They just need to give some donations to the church."

"What's in it for them?"

"Fun, I guess? Oh, and if they win they'd get a name for themselves. He's quite a tough guy supposedly."

'I see. Thanks." The gourd nodded and patted his money pouch. Heck, why not? It's local tradition.

"I request a solo duel please!" He shouted. The nearby people immediately quieted, but soon enough burst into a boisterous cheer as a path was opened to the stage. He dropped some large coppers into the donation box as he went up.

Been a while since I had a friendly bout.

18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    My first experience in the festival was pretty simple... Walked around, asked for a few Holy Symbols and brought them back to my inn room and left them with Nina-chan... She was pretty excited for the festival a few weeks ago, but now she is so weak that she doesn't seem to even care anymore... Hopefully having a few symbols with her will help when the ritual finally goes off... Please gods do help her...

Then once I went out again, a priest recognized me passing by the region again and approached me...? Eh? Is he going to try giving even more symbols to me? I mean, I already got one for myself, alright? I don't need more...

"Excuse me, you are from the Adventurer's Guild, right?" He asked.

"Uhn... Yeah? I'm on my day off though..." Ugh, not more work please...

"Excellent! Please help us spread the word!" Wait what? "We'll be holding a special contest for the glory of Lord Ralditorias, and we'd like our help to get more participants!"

"... Why me!?" Let me rest please! It's a festival! >.<

"Because you're well known of course! And someone that gets this many holy symbols is no doubt a devout follower of Lord Ralditorias! So please do help in our endeavor! Persevere through the wishes of-" Ah no, I'm cutting him off.

"I get it I get it... I just need to spread the word, right? I can do this much... So, what is it all about?" I internally sighed... So much for enjoying the festival...

"Excellent! Here are the specifics of it!" And then he told it to me...
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Special Event Inbound!

The priests of Lord Ralditorias are holding a special event in order to spread the glory of their lord to the people of the city... Or... Maybe to just have fun, I don't really know.

In any case, what you need to do is... Design an unwieldy weapon! As unwieldy as you can! The weirder and harder to wield the better! It's to show off terrible weapons for Lord Ralditorias to get new ideas on what to use in his divine battles! \(^^)/

Or well, something like that... Anyways, the winner will get a special reward from the Church of Ralditorias, so... Present your designs to the priests and have fun! ^^)/

Contest ends roughly 10h from now~

((*coughs* As in, just provide a pic of really dumbass weapons you've seen in manga/anime/comics/whatever that are so ridiculous you can't help laughing at~

Feel free to draw one yourself too if you want! xD

Oh oh, and if you want to try making a description of a very unwieldy and weird weapon, you can too! We are a text-based RP after all! xD))

19. Arexio

Arexio Blob Fanatic | AG Player

Reading List:
    Link
    "Thank you."

Ryul thanked one of the priests passing out Holy Symbol carvings as he received one.

He remembered when he first arrived here in Nagrand that some of his fellow Adventurers were involved in creating these small pieces. Ryul turned the carving around in the palm of his hand and could have sworn that he felt some Holy energy coming off of said carving, seeming to resonate with the air of the festival grounds. The scholar shook his head as he believed it was just his imagination acting up again.

Ryul squeezed through the crowd, trying to make his way closer to the main stalls, the ones for food and drink. He passed by the plaza square, briefly seeing Miss Kathicia on the other side of it, before the crowd forced him to continue to move along.

Ryul also heard a loud cheer shortly after, most likely for another sacrifice challenger for Head Priest Soren.

As he made his way closer to his destination, he briefly wondered if he'll meet any of his friends and acquaintances here at the festival; it seemed as if the whole town was present.

20. michael.kx5

michael.kx5 [Sloth Incarnate][Lewd Overlord][The mediator]

Reading List:
    Link
    The small fairy was quite literally the cutest thing Rei saw in her life, and that includes the kittens.
    Although the glances she was sending towards Rei's head were concerning.
    Oh well, she seems to be innocent like a child and she didn't even try to touch them without consent so...... I guess it's fine.
    It's not like she could even be a mate, and it won't count since she is a girl a now.
    When the fairy asked her what she was Rei answered.
    "I am from a race called the Oni. We are a slightly long-lived race who prefers to live in small settlements outside the influence of any country.
    Most of us remain in our settlements so we are rarely seen by the other races, making it a no wonder you haven't seen any of us before.
    My name is Rei, what is yours?"