Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Tavern

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Jan 28, 2019.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Registration | Announcement Hall | Dungeon Diving | Event Hall | Quest Board | Receptionist's Desk | OOC Room | Goods and Services

This is the Tavern! The place you eat food! Drink beer! Spend all your money in fruitless things and and and... I'm forgetting something... Oh, right, you talk to people!

*coughs* Okay, seriously speaking now. The Tavern is the thread in which you should interact with the characters of other players. Try to stay mostly IC within the tavern, while you can speak OOC, it's best to do so in the OOC Room in order to keep the immersion intact.

Rules:
    1. Be respectful of other players. Like uhn... Ever got angry because of what a random person said to you in the internet? Well... This can help in roleplays too, but the difference is that the active players interact daily, instead of every once in a while like you usually do in the internet.

Imagine having to daily deal with someone that drives you nuts... That's not very fun, is it? So... What's the right way to handle it? Don't drive people nuts, that's how. It's the thing of "Don't do to others what you wouldn't want done to you". It's an important thing to keep in mind.
    2. You don't need to try being kid-friendly, but remember to keep common sense-chan in mind... Like, if you think what you're saying will make people uncomfortable, it might be better to not say it at all.

As in... Making a bunch of sexual jokes one after the other might make some players really troubled and they might avoid the tavern when you're online. It might not even be the person you're talking to, but simply someone that doesn't handle those things well... At the same time, you don't quite need to stop yourself from making jokes if they fit the mood... Just remember to not force things too much.
    3. In a similar vein, you can pick up fights and have actual fights between your characters in the tavern if you want, but keep common sense-chan in mind. As in, keep the fight between your characters, if you as a player is getting involved, then it's time to stop.

You also shouldn't give serious wounds or kill the other player's character unless the person in question is fine with it.
    4. If something or someone is troubling you, first... Cool your head, don't do anything while angered/stressed. Then either talk to them in OOC and try to solve the problem, or contact the staff members by PM and we'll try solving it ourselves.

Remember that the whole point of the game is to let everyone have fun, if something is getting in the way of the fun, then we kinda need to solve it, don't we~?
    5. I said it a few times already, but keep common sense-chan in mind, seriously, it's important. Try like to... Not to do stuff you don't want done to you and all, or not talk about things you wouldn't talk about with your friends...

It's like... If you know there is a member with arachnofobia in the guild, don't go spamming spider pics in the tavern. Just... Don't. On the other hand, if there is no member that has said problem, it should be fine to do so~

In summary, common sense-chan and basic respects are important, do that and you should be fine~
    6. Ah, and respect the boundary of other people's characters, don't control other people characters and let them react to your actions the way they want.

For example...
      • Don't do this kind of thing: "I offered her a slice of the chocolate cake, her eyes beamed and she ate it with the biggest smile she ever had in her life and deeply thanked me for the lovely food I just made."
      • Do this instead: "I offered her a slice of the chocolate cake and hoped she'd like it."

Even if you only have good intentions, controlling the characters of other people is a no, remember to give them the freedom to react as they see fit... You never know if they have a trauma related to chocolate cakes that they haven't revealed yet~
    And lastly... Remember to have fun~

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  2. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Reserved~

leegood likes this.
  3. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Reserved~

leegood likes this.
  4. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    ((First! :cookie:))

Hurrah!

5. nguuuquaaa

nguuuquaaa 『Grade SSS Hentai Genius Supervert』

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: you know the new tavern is mostly for in-character chat, right?

Ugh, the first day I'm setting my foot in this city and all my saved money is gone.
    City life is scaryyyyy~~~

(edit: rejected character :blobsad:)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    leegood likes this.
  6. Rivenn

Rivenn 【I eat fruit】【commonhouseman】【RV_n/Rivelle】

Reading List:
    Link
    *just a normal person sitting on the corner table*
    *sips mysterious tea*

Coler and leegood like this.
  7. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    Reserved

leegood likes this.
  8. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I sat down at the closest empty seat in the tavern and started drinking water, I had finally found the guild and I was thirsty, I continued drinking, not noticing the girl.

Coler likes this.
  9. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    May continued to drink water, unaware of the person who entered.

10. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sol enter the tavern optimistically. Like someone confident he move toward a empty table, sit down and order... water? He doesn't have money right now.

leegood likes this.
  11. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing him order water, May did not hesitate and asked for water, and started gulping it down.

SpearOfLies likes this.
  12. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing a lady stare at him and gulp the water dow in one go, Sol take it as challenge and gulp it down too.

leegood and AliceShiki like this.
  13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I see I see~

Well, my experience with priests is limited, so I suppose Maya-chan knows better than me~

Do your best~

leegood and Hirame like this.
  14. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    (?.?)
    May looked at him a bit confused before realizing that he must have been very thirsty too. "un. I see that you too, had taken a long journey to get here."

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  15. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooc: He is dumb sometimes. Don't mind him.

"Yup, I come here to improve my skill and make a name for myself."

"My name is Sol. Nice to meet you."

leegood likes this.
  16. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    (~^o^)/ "nice to meet you Sol, my name's may." She stretched her shoulders before continuing "I've also come here to improve myself! I'm just resting here a bit before looking at the quests"

SpearOfLies likes this.
  17. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    "Are you interested into forming a party? I'm currently... lacking on most of my tolls to fight monsters and I need money to made them. Forming a party will save me a quite amount of trouble."

leegood likes this.
  18. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    May tilted her head to think about it then nodded "sure! I've gotten tired of dried meat and we're both new around here so let's do that."

SpearOfLies likes this.
  19. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    Sol move his hand for handshake.

leegood likes this.
  20. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    May moved her hand and grasped Sol's hand then shook it. "do you already have something on mind?"

SpearOfLies likes this.