Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Quest Board

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Jan 28, 2019.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Registration | Announcement Hall | Dungeon Diving | Event Hall | Receptionist's Desk | Tavern | OOC Room | Goods and Services

This is the quest board! The place you get quests to kill monsters, rescue damsels in distress, fetch materials for mad alchemists, clean the deck of ships and... Huh? Aren't those just odd jobs? Well, we all need to start from somewhere~
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    How does this work?

Taking a quest is piss easy, just look at the quest list (second post of this thread) and make a post saying you're going to take the quest. Tag a receptionist when you do so.

Sometimes a quest will be tagged as [Taken], this means someone is already doing the quest... This doesn't mean you can't take it though, it just means you need to talk to said person and see if they're willing to do it with you as a party... If they agree, just make a new post here tagging them and saying you'll be doing it as a party.

If a quest is tagged as [Solved] though, it means it was already completed and nobody can take it anymore... Such is life, you were too late~

Well, I've talked enough about how to take quests, but... How do they even work? Well, a quest is basically a request a 3rd party (usually) requested the guild to handle. They pay a fee to the guild and the rest goes to the person that is solving the quest (you!). Once you do take a quest, you just need to head to the Receptionist's Desk and write how your character solved the quest... It's a pretty freeform thing~

Quests will be issued weekly at every Tuesday, around 8:00 GMT -3, you have until the next Wednesday at 11:59pm to clear any quest you took. Any quest that isn't completed by the deadline will be automatically deemed as failed. This is meant to stop people from taking months to clear a quest and leaving staff unsure on what to do with that quest's resolution.

Also, you can only take one quest at a time~
    -----------------------------
    Ranks and Points

You probably saw at the registration that everyone starts at rank E and with 0 points... Well, what are those things?

Ranks are pretty straight-forward, they generally reflect how strong you are, but most importantly, they reflect how much the guild trusts you to handle tough requests. You can normally only take quests up to your rank... This rule exists basically because the amount of people that are crazy enough to become adventurers isn't that big, so the guild puts some regulations to prevent them from dying by trying to complete a request that is way above their capacity... The incidence of deaths is still pretty high though, a pity~

You can however, get quests above your rank if you are in a party, for each member you in your party you can take a quest one rank above your current rank (ex: a party of 2 E-rank adventurers would be able to take D-rank quests, 3 E-rank adventurers a C-rank quest). In case the rank of the partying adventurers is different, consider the lowest rank in the party as the baseline. (ex: a party of one E-rank, one D-rank and one A-rank adventurers would be able to take quests up to C-rank.)

Any rewards you get from the quest are split between the party members as they wish. In the case of points, they're evenly split.

As for what the points are... Well, you get points from clearing quests, pretty simple, right? If you reach a certain threshold of points, the guild can issue a rank-up quest for you, if you clear it, you will be ranked up and can get quests of the rank above you~ (they pay better btw~ *whistles*)

Points rewards are as follows:

E-rank: 4 points
    D-Rank: 8 points
    C-rank: 16 points
    B-rank: 32 points
    A-rank: 64 points
    S-rank: 128 points

In order to be eligible to a rank up quest, you require the following amount of points:

D-rank: 40 Points.
    C-rank: 160 points.
    B-rank: 480 points.
    A-rank: 1280 points.
    --------------------------------
    About S-rank:

So... It is kinda weird that there are S-rank quests, but no requirements to reach S-rank, right? Well... That's because S-rank is a special case.

Basically, S-rank quests are things that are not meant to be cleared by a single person, they're simply too much and it would be foolish for the guild to send one of their best members to clear something that they most likely won't be able to accomplish.

So the S-rank quests are locked behind party walls, only A-rank members can take them and they need a party to do so.

... That's not to say that it's absolutely impossible in any occasion to reach S-rank... If someone shows an incredible prowess worth of having legends sung about them, then the guild might award them with the rank and allow them to take those quests alone. It's something very very special that has almost never occurred in the guild's history though~
    -------------------------------
    Basic Things To Know About Partying

Those are some important tips and things to keep in mind when taking party quests. None of those are really rules, but some problems may arise within the party itself if you don't keep them in mind.
    1. Party Quests usually take longer than Solo Quests. This is because you need to discuss with your companion and RP with them, which will probably make things take longer... Schedule yourself appropriately.
    2. Timezones Matter. If each member is in a different timezone, you may barely advance anything during each day... And well, you need to keep in mind the deadline of 1 week to clear the quest, so make sure your online hours have some overlap with the other members.
    3. Don't disappear. Everyone knows that RL matters and that sometimes a bunch of things happen and you have no time to worry about a party quest, NUF or anything of the like... But please, do take a few minutes to come online and say you won't be able to participate in the quest anymore because something came up. RL is always more important, but at least warn your party members if you're going to quit.
    Basically that, and of course, remember everyone is here to have fun, so try to have fun when partying and don't get in the way of the fun of your own teammates~
    -------------------------------
    Can Players issue quests?

Sure! Please feel free to do so!

PM me and the rest of the staff about it and talk about your idea, more often than not, there shouldn't be any problems in putting a quest up yourself~

If the quest was issued by your own character, remember that you'll be the one that needs to pay for the rewards though, plus a fee for the guild~ *giggles*
    ------------------------------------
    Special Quests

From time to time a staff member might issue a special quest designated towards a specific player or with specific restrictions in it. In those cases, keep the following rules in mind.
    1. Even if the quest was specifically designed to a given player, you are not forced to take it by any means.
    2. You cannot take a special quest while you're doing another quest. Similarly, you can't take a quest until you finish your special quests.
    3. Special quests have a deadline of 1 week from the moment they were issued, instead of the usual deadline that ends on Tuesday.
    And that's about it, they're basically the same as normal quests, though they might be issued at weird times for specific players or with specific restrictions to them~
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What is the Bounty Board?

The bounty board is a unique quest-like system that is housed within the guild. The idea is that anyone would be free to post a bounty in the guild's quest board... Of course, by paying a small fine to the guild since we're the ones lending the space~ *giggles*

Still, it would not be something supervised by the guild's staff or anything like it. It would basically be someone asking for someone dead/alive and offering a payment for it, anyone could take it without warning and just go after it without warning anyone and just coming back later to claim the reward.

In practice, they're basically quests that are easier to think of, and in a more freeform method that anyone can take any without bothering to ask for a receptionist to grant it and what not. They also won't have the deadline like quests usually have, though some bounties may disappear after a while anyways~

So... How does it work?

The bounty board works with the following mechanics:
    • Each Bounty will have a different degree of threat. This doesn't stop anyone from going after the bounty, but it's a warning about how dangerous it is, measure your own skills appropriately before trying to go after a fish bigger than your net~
    • Some bounties may pay partial rewards if you do help in getting closer to finishing the bounty. As in, even if you don't get the head of a Bandit Leader, killing some of his underlings or locating his hideout might give you some money.
    • Bounties do not award guild points. They do award money though~
    • You do not need to post anything in the Quest Board to take a bounty. Just post how you caught it (or got closer to catching it) in the Receptionist's Desk and tag a receptionist about it. Use the same template that is used for Quest Reports.
    • Players can also set up bounties themselves! PM @AliceShiki if you want to and we can work it out!
    Uhn... That's about it! Look at the 3rd post of this thread to see the available bounties! And remember to have fun! ^^)/
    ------------------------------------
    List of available Receptionists:

Please remember to tag only one receptionist for your quest, tag the same one when you're delivering the quest report.

Aria: @AliceShiki
    Catherine "Boneshaper" Blackwood: @Lenaia
    Gaap: @Naraku
    Garret Dawne: @Quaesitor
    Fu Meilin: @Nurman
    Tia: @Magnatia

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Moy, Yul B Allwright, Razogul and 9 others like this.
  2. System

System Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quest Board:

Here are the quests that are currently available, they'll refresh weekly, so make sure to take them while you still can! ^^)/

Task: The Search For A Pear Tree [Solved by @Baabaablack]
    Requester: Margatroid, Puppetter
    Quest Rank: E-rank
    Rewards: 9 Large Copper Coins
    Description: On the first day of christmas, my goddess gave to me, a French Doll in a Pear Tree.
    Or so she said, she didn't say which pear tree though, and like... I have been searching for quite some time for this tree and yet I just found a bunch of normal pear trees, so uhn... Some help please? The goddess is a real prankster, but she would have told me through her shrine maiden if it was a prank already... I mean, it's been over half an year!

Task: Rainbow Unicorn! [Available]
    Requester: Lyra, the Alchemist
    Rewards: 11 Large Copper Coins
    Description: Okay, I know it may sound a bit crazy, but when I was flying in my wyvern last night, I swear I saw an unicorn flying while leaving a rainbow trail behind it, that was absolutely nuts and I totally wanted to give chase, but... I was dead tired and really needed to sleep.
    It was flying near the Skyfall Keep last time, please discover what kind of crazy creature is that, I wanna know more about it!!!

Task: I have a Key Mace [Solved by @kyoshijiro]
    Requester: Forgren, Orc Warrior
    Rewards: 7 Large Copper Coins
    Description: There is a mace in my family, that is supposed to be the key to unlock a chest we've had around since forever... Of course I tried bashing the chest as hard as I could with the "key", but got no success there, the chest is still intact.
    This mystery has plagued my family for 3 generations now, please help us open the chest.

Task: A Snow Fairy [Solved by @Zero300]
    Requester: Kurtz, High Demon of the Demonic Volcano
    Rewards: 8 Large Copper Coins
    Description: A small snow fairy ended up visiting the volcano because the "big red place was cool" apparently... While we appreciated her enthusiasm, it quickly became obvious she couldn't endure the weather... At one point she fainted and we took her away from the volcano, yet she still didn't wake up since then.
    We're unsure on what to do with the poor girl, could you find a way to help her wake up? Maybe bringing her to a really cold place might do the trick.

Task: Lily of the Valley [Taken by @Zero300]
    Requester: Mira, Seamstress.
    Rewards: 9 Large Copper Coins
    Description: When I was young, I had a friend that played with me all the time, we were very close, you know?
    But she had one fatal flaw... She really loved a flower field near our village... A field filled with deadly poisonous flowers... She loved looking at it, and wanted to get as close as she could. Of course we tried discouraging her, but she kept going anyways... Until one day, she didn't return.
    Ever since that day, each year I have left a lily near the field in the day of her death, as a form of showing I didn't forget... Old age is catching up to me though, and the area that was once safe is now being quite hazardous for my health... Could you please leave the lily there for me?
    Just... Be careful of the poison of the valley... And... If you see a girl in a red dress there, tell her I said hi. I often saw her in that field after my friend's death, I wonder how she could endure the poison... I suppose it doesn't matter anymore...

Task: The Impregnable! The Unrivaled! The Strongest! [Taken by @Baabaablack]
    Requester: Mark, Magic Researcher of Fort Alduin
    Rewards: 10 Large Copper Coins
    Description: I recently finished crafting the best golem in the world! Nothing can penetrate his defense! He is fast! He is strong! He is invincible!!!
    Or so I hope, anyone wanna be a spare buddy for my golem? The soldiers are kinda busy in an unusually big skirmish with Empire forces, and I'd like to see it in action at least once before putting it in actual battle.

Task: A Deity's Seal [Taken by @Heckaton]
    Requester: Lyra, the Alchemist.
    Rewards: 12 Large Copper Coins
    Description: In the small and very hot land to the West of the Empire, lies an altar. In the days of old, when it was said the deities freely intervened within the world, it was said that one particular deity caused great disasters all across Edhellen... It's name long forgotten, it is now only referred to as "War".
    The deity of War is rumored to have the vast majority of its powers sealed within that altar. While deities no longer interfere freely in this world, what disasters might come from giving the full power back to a warmonger deity in this conflict-filled world are unimaginable.
    And well, some rumors reached my ears that a group of fanatics of the Empire are going to invade that small country to try destroying the altar, apparently they think fueling this deity will bring power to their war against the Beastmen... Could you please investigate the matter and see if there is any truth to that? Something needs to be done in case they really want to do this madness.

Task: Help us Defeat the Thunder Drake [Taken by @Haxagen]
    Requester: Sky Striker Ace, Kagari
    Quest Rank: D-rank
    Rewards: 26 Large Copper Coins
    Description: A big and strong Thunder Drake has taken residence in the mountains on the West of Nyllia, we tried confronting it many times, but I'm afraid we were unable to beat it on our own.
    We would like the assistance of someone confident in their battle prowess to defeat the drake with our Tengu squad!

Task: Tracking the traveler! [Available]
    Requester: Oldspice Village
    Quest Rank: D-rank
    Rewards: 27 Large Copper Coins
    Description: You see, there is this traveler in our village. A rather neat person but... something feels wrong. The people which who he usually talks are the thugs that seem to appreciate him... and he crosses the border between Ternus and the Empire at least once a week. Could you follow him and report if there is anything suspicious about it?

Task: Save that fool for me. [Available]
    Requester: Kaervek, Carpenter
    Quest Rank: C-rank
    Rewards: 66 Large Copper Coins
    Description: At first, I did not wish to report that disappearance... that is my last resort. My sibling, a mercenary, was kidnapped and they keep asking me for a ransom. Probably a treasure that my sibling found but... I don't know where and what it is. So... Could you save my sibling? Last time he was seen, it was around Dagon's Dungeon.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    Bielt, Wobbly, Xalysian and 17 others like this.
  3. System

System Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bounty Board:

Those are the currently available bounties, hunt them as you see fit! ^^)/

Target: Undeads (Failed)
    Degree of Threat: C Rank
    Wanted: Dead
    Rewards: 5 Small Copper Coins per Undead, 50 Large Copper for the Lich.
    Deadline: 219/04/05
    Last Seen in: Northeast of Randgriz
    Description: So uhn... I was practicing necromancy in an abandoned graveyard somewhat close to the Lake of the Ancients, but still far enough to stay away from the monsters... Thing is, I kinda messed up a bit in my practices and created a Lich... Oops?
    And well, the Lich took over my own undeads and started controlling them and expelled me from my very practice spot! It's so annoying! I want that lich dead! Though I can understand it's a bit too hard to get rid of it right away, so I'm also paying anyone that kills the undead he stole from me or that he raised afterwards. I can recognize my mana signature or the lich's in the undeads, so don't try fooling me with random killed undeads, I'm only paying for the ones either of us rose up from the dead!
    I'll consider the Bounty over the moment the lich dies, and if nobody does it in one month, I'll just give up on the practice spot and you all can take care of the Lich as far as I care.
    - Solas, apprentice Necromancer.
    Leads In their Moves: None.

Target: Mysterious Arsonist (Solved by @LittleFox21)
    Degree of Threat: C Rank
    Wanted: Dead or Alive
    Rewards: 80 Large Copper Coins
    Deadline: Nothing established.
    Last Seen in: Randgriz
    Description: Some idiot proclaiming themselves a fighter for the poor, that will overthrow the corrupted monarchy and other dumb things has been setting fires to the mansions of the local minor nobles.
    While the damage is always pretty small (since we always put the fire out quickly), the fact he can actually bypass their defenses and start a fire is by no means an easy feat... It doesn't help that the guy is surprisingly quick on his feet and only attacks places that are away from our knight corps, so we didn't catch him yet.
    This guy is an annoyance and I want him gotten rid of, any means are fine for as long as you don't bother the nobles by doing so... Considering the scope of his fires, he is not the best at making big flames, but his sneakiness more than makes up for it.
    - Kroenen, Leader of the 3rd division of Ternus' army.
    Leads In their Moves: He never attacked the same mansion twice, so you can exclude the 5 that were already burnt once from the list of possible targets.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Reserved~

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Reserved~

6. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmm, this should be a good quest to start out with~"
    There's a piece of paper in her hand as she walks over to the counter.
    "Hey, hey, Miss receptionist, I would like to take this task, thank you~"
    @AliceShiki

leegood likes this.
  7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, please be careful out there, the quest is granted~

((Do put the proper sig in BB-code btw... >.>))

Naraku, leegood and Haxagen like this.
  8. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hm...well I don't exactly have a mind right now to read, so this should be perfect for me! I'll take it!" Silently crying to himself that he doesn't have any memories, Unsei, walks up to the receptionist counter and asks to take the request.

@Naraku

9. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Eavesdropping, Gaap sighed, dropped his cig, and rubbed his temples. It does not begin well.
    Before even bothering to throw a glance at the fool, he checked the quest. Afterwards, he read it loudly from the start to the end for the newcomer who apparently could not read.

"Anyway... it should not be too dangerous... Whatever your n..."

Before continuing to talk, he quickly checked the piece of wood and remembered that he should care for the newcomers' well-being.

"Unsei, you are fine for this quest. Just don't go overboard. Quest granted. Just come back soon and in one piece, okay ?"

leegood and Fossil like this.
  10. Hirame

Hirame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maya would like to make a trip to mountains.
    Collecting some flowers along the way will only make it more fun~

Altrough... How do these lilies look like? Never saw one...

OOC: There sure is a lot of undead quests >.>;
    @AliceShiki

11. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to accept this quest. If i might also ask, is there a shop which sells tea nearby, maybe also a kettle?

@Naraku

12. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Closing my eyes, I blindly pick one of the quest.
    "I like to pick this quest!"

@Naraku

Ooc: How are going to know who picked which quest in future? <.<

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  13. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well... Quest granted, as for the tea... shamefully for you, I never was particularly into tea. But there must be one somewhere, not too far from here at the very least. I should check up my information and just tell me later on if you want to know, I am not gonna move from my spot for a newcomer you see.

This quest might be fairly dangerous for you after all. Just be careful."
    OOC: Normally, Ali-chan is supposed to edit the second post and remove the [Available] by [Taken].
    Seeing someone picking a quest blindly, Gaap sighed.

"That's not my day... After one picking a quest randomly because he seems to be unable to read... One picks blindly...

Oh well. Quest granted, don't die out there and next time, try not to pick a quest blindly... It will avoid me sighing at the very least."

OOC: You are doing this quest with @leegood by the way, right ?

Haitaka likes this.
  14. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. And I change the quest to the lookout one.

15. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    EDIT: Don't mind this post. This resulted from an irregular accident that now has to be edit.

All of a sudden, an old man in a strange suit appears in the room, as if he just teleported!
    Only the strong winds that suddenly send a chilly breeze down everyone's spines say otherwise.

Some heads turn at him, but the old man just waves his hands in front of him "Don't mind me, just taking a look!"
    "Gaap, you tasteless bastard...you're not giving good advice as any good receptionist should be!" The old man shakes his head, leaning beside the aforementioned receptionist's desk. (Wait, wasn't he at the entrance just now?) Clapping his hands, he talks to the Half-Elf
    "Let me take over this bit. For tea? If you are feeling up for the challenge, try and meet with Master Thete, and he might give you something if you get his attention...It's pretty strenuous, mind you...if not, just go to Harn's Flora Essentials. Guess what, he does sell some fresh tea leaves if you know what you are looking for. Don't know why he doesn't sell it with his other products... At least, those are the two places which I prefer to get my Tea, even though some say I have no taste for tea...oh well!
    He coughs to himself.
    "As for kettles...hmmm...well, try Phil's Hammer and Anvil. I owe him a favour, so might as well introduce some people to him- he makes some good stuff. Also, guy has a crushing handshake- be careful not to get too enthusiastic when you see your gleaming kettle. Don't even think about hugging him- looks can be deceiving."
    Saying that he seems to be thinking of something, while frowning a little.
    "Speaking of appearances... I don't know how the mother-in-law doesn't know yet, but it's pretty futile for him since she has...various means of finding out....annd acting on that info. Just try and go quickly and get the reward before things hit the fan. Otherwise, we might have...another mysterious cave in before long..."
    He shakes his head. "Even after so many years, the brat of a girl hasn't gotten that rampaging and innocent-slaying temper under control."

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    Haitaka and Naraku like this.
  16. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    "I see" Vandrin lightly smiles at the pair, "Thank you for the information".

"See you in a few days", he says as he walks out of the building for the quest.

17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Blame BB-kun, he made most of the quests~ *giggles*

This one was mine though... >.>))

Oh, have fun Maya-chan, and be careful out there~

As for what the flowers look like? They're red plants with a lot of yellow spots in them, they should be easy enough to recognize once you see them~

Good luck~
    ((I'll be editing the 2nd post to say that... Actually, I should say who took the quest in it too, I'll edit it appropriately~))

18. FuRen

FuRen [Lime]

Reading List:
    Link
    "This seems like a fitting quest..."

I muttered, taking off a quest from the board and headed for the counter.

"I wish to take on this quest."
    @Naraku

Haxagen likes this.
  19. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    Grabbing the first paper there she saw, Hrid headed to the receptionist desk. Seeing a familiar face, she smirked and walked over.
    "You! I don't remember your name, but I'd like to take this!" She put the quest paper on the desk. "Ah, if possible, I'd like to know what quest is this too..."

@Naraku

((Literally used RNG to pick the quest...))

Haxagen likes this.
  20. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Before wondering about granting the quest or not, Gaap looked at the situation and rubbed his chin.
    "Someone who knows how to read... someone who didn't take a quest blindly... a rather good beginning... Well, as long as you are sneaky enough, you should ace the quest. I wish you fortune."

"Anyway, granted. Be careful and come back in one piece, losing someone with common sense would be a shame."