LCD Godly Stay-Home Dad

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Cosmic_, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Godly Stay-Home Dad
    upload_2018-12-29_1-55-27.jpeg
    Zhang Han returned back to earth from the cultivation world and became a stay-home dad. Rebuild mountain, open restaurant, write some songs, flirt with his own child’s mom……Stay tuned and watch how cultivator stay-home dad Zhang Han plays the city around in his palm.

Elyas and EvilDevil like this.
  2. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m loving this novel. Child care, returning from another world, cute daughter, showbiz, and overpowered protagonist. All things I love. It’s a modern day CN that’s not harem too with a decent MC who’s not scummy, lustful, or racist. I’m so glad the TL is starting to release more frequently.

Dragon-sama, Elyas and EvilDevil like this.
  3. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    U took the words right out of my mouth

4. EvilDevil

EvilDevil Guardian Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    #WillWaitForChaptersToPileup

5. kyzer

kyzer ⚠The Rebellion Stalker⚠

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch39part2: Hahahaha! Finally! There is an author who dare to trolled the arrogant Immortal world's MC who is always right.

Rules of xianxia novel no. 1: All MC must be arrogant and they are always right.
    Rules of xianxia novel no. 2: All other person in the stories are insects except for MC family(including harem) and friends.

6. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this one is pretty good but it quickly turns into a normal xianxia with the bigger world trope.
    ive caught up the raws so far

house dad literary life might be a better novel if you are looking for a family novel

7. kyzer

kyzer ⚠The Rebellion Stalker⚠

Reading List:
    Link
    But the good thing about this is its release frequency. I don't want to fried my brain reading the machine translation.

8. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    house dad literary life mtl isnt that bad. give it a try. i translated a few chapters. you can give it a try.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    Cosmic_ likes this.
  9. Boon

Boon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The new translators have made meng meng into a boy now. Is this intentional? From the poor quality of the new TL it seems pretty clear that they are just translating incorrectly, but I wanted to ask to make sure. Meng meng is a girl right?

10. javaniy

javaniy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think they are using MTL like babel

11. Boon

Boon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a shame. That POS is now the "official" translation and the original translator is now dropping the novel. RIP.

12. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm liking the story so far (at Chapter 5) But does TapRead's Translation improve with time?
    its kinda hard to read at this point.

13. Eve

Eve Title under construction

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Tapread just copy pastes machine translation, its so similar with when I've read it 400ch raw back then.
    whenever mengmeng says 'PaPa' it stinks of machine translation, why is there always a capital at the middle?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  14. Insanityplea

Insanityplea *Head Tilt*....*Fart*

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I was going to read this but after one chapter from TapRead and then getting to know it doesnt get better and they are the winnars of translation rights, im not gonna bother. Im honestly getting to be a quality snob and comparing TapRead Chapter 1 to XiAiNovel Chapter 1, its like reading a 5yr olds version vs a certified and paid translator and sadly the better quality lost..which is fucking mind boggling.

Boon likes this.
  15. CloudDaoist

CloudDaoist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn.. tapread early mtl hurt my eyes. I decided to read from xiainovel instead.

Can I ask the quality of tapread version beyond 50ch+.. Is it still unedited MTL ? I hear the quality get better ? Is it true ?

16. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lets be honest guys.

that translator was never going to finish it and was on the edge of going MIA.
    in fact, the releases was so unstable that i though he dropped it several times and went to read the mtl

17. Sena

Sena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He was slow in the beginning, but his pace was getting better, not worse. He was averaging more than one release a day for nearly a month before Tapread showed up. I don't think there was any indication it would be dropped.

Boon likes this.
  18. Boon

Boon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was perfectly happy with the speed of release (although I always want every novel translated faster) and didn't feel the need to save up chapters to binge due to a slow release rate. It was at least half a chapter a day every day for a month, and a great quality TL of a great story. I looked forward to it every day in January.

With this quality my enjoyment of the novel is has dropped to the negative as much of the greatness of the novel is now lost in poor translation. I don't read it anymore and won't read it again until it gets an editor, or proper translator.

Insanityplea likes this.
  19. Boon

Boon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, I just checked the latest chapter (118) and the quality is decent. They even got the daughters gender right this time. Does anyone know at what chapter they got an editor?

20. Sena

Sena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's readable, they've fixed up the grammar at least, but it's still pretty painful to read. Calling it "decent" might be a stretch, it's on the level of a 12-year-old's school essay, not a light novel.