Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Tavern

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Kysil

Kysil [Progenitor of Sloth][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    *Kyle eats them slowly with a smile*

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    We're currently out of available tasks, though I believe a new batch should come soon~ ((Tomorrow or the day after, most likely))

You could try asking one of the people that have yet to go out to clear their tasks to see if they wish to go as a party though~

Haxagen likes this.
  3. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    *Exits the tavern and has a nap off to the side of the road*

4. Kysil

Reading List:
    Link
    " I want work! "
    { ...... }
    " ? "
    { ..... Zzz ..... }
    " !? " *Shocked*

5. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    "I don't need good quality eggs. Otherwise how am I supposed to negotiate with the price?"

OoC: I personally think a maps and a price list should be enough. Unless someone want to deal with price negotiation.

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    *From outside the tavern*
    "I WANT EGGS!"
    [ZZZZZZZZZZ]

7. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    Slipping through the wall of the tavern, ensuring she stayed in the shadows, Shadie moved to a corner where 5 higher-ranked adventurers were arguing over how to split their reward.
    "I killed the most Giant Snakes, so I should take most of the reward! I deserve at least 8 Large Copper coins for my hard work!"
    "Don't be ridiculous, Stan! If you did that, then the rest of us would only get 2 Large Copper coin each! I don't deserve such a low amount after doing a D-rank task with you all!"

While they were all arguing, Shadie happily fed on their anger and greed - her Mana capacity growing. Noticing a leather bag on the edge of the table, a thought suddenly came to mind and she smiled mischievously. Using her [Tekekinesis], she lifted the pouch from the table and brought it to her hiding position. Once the pouch of 16 Large Copper coins entered her, she deactivated her skill and began her [Dark Meditation] to recover her lost Mana.

After about 10 minutes of back and forth arguing, with a few tavern patrons going past their table, the 5 adventurers eventually noticed their reward money was missing.
    "Ah! Someone stole it!"
    "Our money!"
    "Who took it!?!"
    Ahhn~! Their despair is delicious~!
    Happily feeding on their despair over their loss, Shadie eventually moved to another area of the tavern, completely content with what she had done to those poor people as she added her gains to her own pouch of money.
    Seeing that there wasn't much point in talking to anyone, Shadie slipped back through the tavern wall and headed to a dark, shadowed area of the town.

Gained 16 Large Copper coins
    OOC: '-'

X

8. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    ((*Gasps in sudden railization*
    *Stares at @The Everdistant Utopia*))

9. Kysil

Reading List:
    Link
    (( Railization... Railgun! ))

10. Kysil

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Stop! You violated the law! What say you in your defense. ))

11. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    "Be quiet I'm trying to sleep comes a sleepy voice from directly behind them also it's cold I don't wanna do anything."

Nahrenne likes this.
  12. Kysil

Reading List:
    Link
    (( OOC though!? ))

Nahrenne likes this.
  13. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: She be a shade~
    '-'

X

14. Kysil

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: then Pay with your.... She's a what now?
    °o°`)

15. michael.kx5

michael.kx5 [Sloth Incarnate][Lewd Overlord][The mediator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Rei -
    After visiting the guild to register I checked out the quest board to find out that all the quests have already been taken or completed.

"I guess can try to wait for new quests to show up" I murmured and headed towards the tavern. It's been a while since I last drunk some good alcohol ever since I left on my trip.

When I entered the tavern the chatter completely stopped for a moment and I could feel all of the eyes focus on me.
    What are they......oh right. I sometimes still forget what I look like right now. Better get inside, before it gets awkward.
    I stepped inside the tavern as navigated myself all the way to the Bar-seats.
    When I approached the Bar I made myself known to the Master and made my order.
    "Hello, a glass of mead please"
    When the Master saw me, for a sec his eyes went wide but then he regained his calm self but before he could reply I could feel someone trying to grab my shoulder from behind.
    Before he could do it, I grabbed his hand and glared at culprit- A young and arrogant looking human male, too muscular to even move around in battle, clearly an ameature.
    I could see he was surprised that I noticed him and grabbed his arm but soon the suprise was replaced by anger and a snug face.
    "Little girly, don't you know this is a place for ADULTS? Bad things happen to kids when they try to act like grown ups. Why don't order a glass of milk insteadiand scram? Then I might overlook ruining the great men's dinner. You should be thankful I am so forgiving, you lowly monster---"
    Apparently he was dumb too, since he didn't know when to shut up and couldn't even feel my killing intent.
    Before he could say another word my knee buried itself in his crotch. Once he tumbled over from the pain I hit both his temples and then his chin in a way that will rattle his brain.
    By this point he was completely groggy and incapable of resisting so I went for a wide wind up and landed an axe kick on his head and buries his face into the floor.
    "Slear my kin again and I will use that overgrown arm of yours as a bat to spank you! Also for your info, I am older than you (probably)"
    The whole tavern went silent again, this time from shock. Nobody dared to move a muscle.
    I turned back to the master and apologized " Sorry for making a fuss and breaking your floor".
    The master smiled and nodded his head.
    "It's ok. It's a common thing here, the guild will pay for the damages later. Ofc the money will come out of THAT's account. Anyway, you wanted a drink right? Wait just a minute"
    I was positively impressed.
    "You are not suprised?"
    While still making my drink he talked over his shoulder
    " I saw more than my fair share of weird folks pass through here. I can tell when powerful individual is standing before me. I admit your appearance did startle me a little. Been a long time since anyone could make me feel like this. Here, freshly brewed mead. We got a new batch just yesterday"
    He passed me a big glass of mead with foam forming atop.
    I took a big gulp and sighed. Yeah, this was definitely the good stuff. Perfect for my rejuvenated body.
    I kept sitting on that seat for the next half hour drinking mead, and ordered dinner on the way as well.

16. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Since there was a shortage of quests to go on, I decided to explore the town. At the first junction, I headed left, and continued walking along the main path, wanting to see where the path ends. Eventually, I came to the wall that surrounded the city, and was about to head back, but a strange sound caught my ears.

It sounded like the ringing of metal on metal...In this rather silent part of the town. It can’t be, a crime?

I cautiously approached where I believed the source of the noise to be coming from, and soon got there---a small house that was securely locked. The ringing of metal got louder, but it seemed weird. The sounds of metal drumming metal were too constant.

I reached out to try the door...Wait. If someone sees me trying to force my way in, I would be suspected of being a criminal, won’t I? I took a quick look around, and spotted a potential way in; there was a tree that dropped right into the house’s backyard. Naturally, I scaled it.

And naturally, I got complacent, fell off like an idiot, and landed on the floor, knocking myself out cold.

After some time, I woke up in lying on a couch. Before I could gather my wits, however, I realised that a hammer was hovering over my face.

“Who are you, pray tell? A miserable little burglar of some sort?”

Wait, this is a blacksmithing hammer. Then...Oops. I studied the woman holding the hammer. Green hair and green eyes, as well as a huge scowl on her face. I had a feeling that if I didn’t speak up, her hammer would soon find a mark on my face.

“You are flushing red suddenly. Do you have a fever?”

Despite her still stern voice, there were now some measure of concern in it as well. This person is a good person too, it seems.

“No, I’m perfectly fine. It’s just that, I heard the sound of metal hitting metal, and this is a rather quiet part of town, so I thought, well…”

Apparently, she decided to believe what I said. Her expression softened just a little bit.

“And so you came here to check on the owner, huh. How noble. But the path to Hell is paved with good intentions, young one. Sometimes, it can end up hurting you.”

She offered me a hand, and I took it. As expected of a blacksmith, she had no trouble pulling me up, and I could see her muscular arms flex as she did so.

“Now, from your getup, you seem to be an adventurer, and a new one at that. In that case, you haven’t found a blacksmith to service your gear, have you?”

“Are you offering?”

“Hah! You seem different from most, child. In that case, let me ask you a question. Do you know which part of a suit of leather armour is the most important part?”

Was this a test of some sort? In that case, what’s the right answer? The chestpiece, protecting the heart, or the backpiece, protecting the spine...Wait, that can’t be it. There’s a lot of parts to armour, but one of those parts are more important than the rest. That specific part is…

“The straps?”

“Bingo! I knew you were different from most. And since you already know that...”

Her gaze suddenly became frightfully cold.

“Why are you still wearing armour that looks like it’s been chewed into shreds by a dragon, and then patched up by a drunken dwarf with a rubber needle?”

I blushed. Sure, the leather was quite old and cracked at more than a few areas, but it was better than going at it without any armour at all. Plus, I couldn’t afford to buy a new set…

“Put this on.”

Before I could respond, something smacked my face and fell into my arms. It was a few pieces of leather armour, and even a fool would be able to tell that they were made very well.

“I don’t have enough money to afford it, Missus…”

“Haruna is fine. And I’m not planning on charging you for it.”

“Wait, you’re giving it to me for free?”

“You wish! Instead of money, I’ll have you fetch me materials to offset the price of the armour. Also, this set of armour is a prototype, and I need someone to test it out for me, so you’re it. Plus, you obviously know the value of a good blacksmith, so I can’t pass up such a prize catch.”

Much as her generosity surprised me, something about Haruna scared me. I wanted to pretend that I hadn’t seen the intense fires that were burning through her eyes as she spoke, and something told me that rejecting her proposal could end rather badly. For me, that is.

“I see, then...what kind of material do you need?

“For now, I’m looking into materials that seem to provide greater evasive power, so get me a few Kijin feathers. About 10 should be enough.”

“Kijin?”

“Ah, I forgot that you were a new adventurer. Kijin are a sort of bird-like creature that live near the mountains in the distance. They communicate by loud screeching noises…”

“...And prey on Bihorns for food. Yes?”

“So you have heard of them after all. They have very sensitive hearing, but in exchange, they don’t see very well. That’s why they screech.”

“I haven’t seen them up close, but they sound like they’re pretty big. In that case, how am I supposed to get you their feathers? Good armour won’t help much if I get picked up and splattered across a rock...”

“Kijin sleep in the day and hunt at night, little one. And like all birds, they moult. I shouldn’t need to say more, right?”

“I see! Thank you for the tip, Missus Haruna!”

Those things I had heard during the last quest...So they are called Kijin, huh. Capable of flight, they’ll be tough to deal with. Still, if what Haruna said was true, I might be able to collect some of their already shed feathers as long as I play the stealth game correctly. Nothing could possibly go wrong, right?

Plus, I got myself a change of leather armour, and this set seems to be lighter than the previous one, which will ease up my movements when I need to fight…

...But why does it fit me so well? And...why does this armour show so much skin?!
    Arriving back to the tavern, the girl sat down at one of the seats, and ordered a plate of sandwiches, pondering on what kind of quest she would take next to test out her new armour.

Amayah likes this.
  17. Hirame

Hirame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC:
    [​IMG]

Zone Q11, Amayah, TiggerBane and 2 others like this.
  18. Kysil

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a lamp shade cover. But it passes

19. Hirame

Hirame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maya decided to go check out dungeon! Anyone coming with her? Only most brave and... Alright, anyone who knows how to get there is welcomed~

Haxagen likes this.
  20. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Tera walks back inside of the tavern after having sunbathed for a period of time and a nap. He heads towards the bar where a small being is sitting.

Amayah likes this.