Forgotten Title Forgot the name of Mech Designer Novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by cplus004, Feb 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. cplus004

cplus004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, i forgot the title but in the novel mc father gone missing. He got a system where he can design mech. He can't drive a mech tho. His mech designs are evaluated and there is also this x factor for mech which have smth to do with feeling of driver and designer. Can you please tell me the name of the novel please. Thank you

neko senpai likes this.
  2. Cataporozo

Cataporozo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure, but probably The Mech Touch in webnovel.

cplus004 and 0000000 like this.
  3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, that is it https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.webnovel.com/amp/book/10636300105085505

neko senpai and cplus004 like this.
  4. Taj

Taj Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The mech touch :cool:

cplus004 likes this.
  5. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
  6. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Pros:
    1. Super realistic in System and problem solving, meaning system is not passing out free candies and very stingy in leveling MC, skills are learn with pain, eg. Increase in math skills means that MC must suffer severe headaches as the system shove years of learning into his head.
    2. There are action scenes, all mech piloting scenes MC has no part in it, but there is hope (?) cuz apparently MC can gain piloting skills, not in the near future though (I dropped the work at around 130+).
    3. MC reacts normally like a normal person in the normal world with normal problems in running a business to surviving an enemy attack.

Cons:
    1. Infodump, good initially, not so much in near future.
    2. Action scenes are plenty, but MC has no parts in them, at least in the piloting of mechs
    3. MC facing realistic problems and have to constantly looking over his shoulders in fearing of offending arrogant young masters, cuz he has no backings whatsoever, case and point even a reporter can insult him and he has to keep up a stupid smile in order to run his business.
    4. Please don't expect sudden growth in MC IQ, leveling is slow, realistically slow, painfully slow. MC super weak af, a complete Beta, though he did show some Alpha side in self defense/ murder, puked realistically in the aftermath.
    5. People are there to be either hated, as background or acting as MC friend, emphasizing on the HATED portion, arrogant people everywhere, even though the lack of substance for most.
    6. Sex jokes in the mechs MC designed, like putting a penis and testicles because a client wants it. And MC's first design is a lady bot, with modified big butt.

Synopsis: MC comes from a family of pilots (cultivators) and he has no talent for it. Ended up trying to be a mech designer (pill/weapon maker) while remaining a 3rd rate, father disappearing out of convenience while leaving behind a gold finger, THE SYSTEM, with an attitude (has all the rights to look down on MC and will do so whenever possible) and gives MC as little goodies as possible. Arrogant young masters and mistresses looking down on MC whenever possible, no romance, MC too stuffed trying to keep his business afloat (it is not even floating, barely beginning).

Cutter Masterson and cplus004 like this.
  7. cplus004

cplus004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thz everyone, exactly what i was looking for.

8. SweetShireen

SweetShireen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I cant believe ppl like Mech Touch which is painfully mediocre at best when Daedalus exists

9. 3xtBlade

3xtBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hard to say. Daedalus is more focused on the characters but The Mech Touch is more about the world building and delving deeply into mech designs.

Daedalus is kind of like the mc being a genius who can do everything easily even though its stated he works hard etc. The Mech Touch is more realistic, a dropout gaining an advantage which still requires years upon years and great effort to catch up to others.

Personally i find these kind of geniuses a tad too boring (cuz there’s so many novels of them) and prefer the scarcer novels that focuses on worldbuilding more.