Discussion Legend of ling tian, disappointed

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, Feb 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    When his courtyard was being ambushed by the lei family, I was hoping that his friends and family would die.

He's such a fucking cocky bastard, I was hoping for that small glimmer of hope that he would suffer! But nope, justice or what I would call deus ex machina man came to the rescue.

I thought it would be interesting if he suffered for once, it would force him to be ruthless, unforgiving and humble.

He wouldn't be a cocky shit anymore and there would be some character development.

2. SugarImmortal

SugarImmortal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not what old Feng Ling is all about

Feel good shit painting ruthless mass murderers clearly suffering from personality disorders as righteous heroes is more his game

If it weren't that his plots are always decent and supporting characters likeable I wouldn't touch his works with a ten feet pole.

CosmicInsomniac, aattss and Wujigege like this.
  3. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is all cultivation novels though...

4. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel is shit. I didn't even need to get that far.
    All the posturing with how the female childhood friend would regret it sent the alarm bells blaring
    It is a shallow wish fulfillment piece
    I do not think that it qualifies as a story

5. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah i had to drop it when i realize the mc was just a bastard that wants to rule the world. i was in to at first, but the longer the story got more i thought about his past life where his family plotted on him. as someone from the branch family and with his so called talent he was bound to go against the main family. and with all this knowledge he was hiding and the way he acts in his second life it is possible he was planning to do so. he even said he stole some knowledge like the manual for the girl with the Yin body. i also don't like his cockness. he made me think he was semi invincible but ever chapter after he fought that slut who family was destroyed he has to try harder, gets tried, and almost dies. then his maid he said her talent is equal or on par to his which got cultivated in the womb, but she too weak because she is a woman and he don't want her to kill, but she is always fighting for him.

UnknownSaint171 likes this.
  6. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked it at first but it was too contradictive, the childhood friend was completely ignored like she never existed so I don’t see the point of her role. What I found the most unpleasant is probably his family though. They try to be loyal to even sell out the sister to the King. I like politics as much as the next guy but it shouldn’t mix with cultivation, well I guess it depends how it’s executed but most do it poorly. It tried to be better then joy of life but failed ultimately

7. eray.gns

eray.gns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't he already ruthless and unforgiving enough anyway? What else do you want? Him being a villain?

I would 100% drop it if Ling Chen or any other side character died there. And Justice coming there is not completely illogical either. I mean he started a rumor about how "he beat Justice" etc. and as a result of this Justice comes to wreck him. I can completely accept this and compared to other similiar novels, it is an entry level "lucky" happening. I like Fengling's novels. Although his MCs are a bit arrogant he does harem good and his stories are above average compared to other stinking pile of garbabe that is CN webnovels. You can't expect literary masterpieces from webnovels, right? (Unless it is Mao Ni)

I would have answered @kennykdogg and @UnknownSaint171's posts but I had trouble decoding what or whom they meant.

8. sunnyboy

sunnyboy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped at chapter 83 and never went back. It was just terrible.

Wujigege and UnknownSaint171 like this.
  9. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    though Feng Ling novels may be interessant at first, he aways kills it sometime later... I have read a little of TtNH, OEM and RitF, the mc personality is the same in all, plus author aways tries to pass his dumb plans as amazing and funny and lets not forget the all-mighty treasure plot. Didnt try LoLT, but it shouldnt be too far off his others works... it may be a nice read to newbies.

from what I remember Feng Ling's mcs are aways ruthless, unforgiving and... cocky.

there wont be character development [period].

StuffedDuck likes this.
  10. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    FLTX's novels?

I dropped OEM because I got disgusted with his sister-in-law development

also It seems all of his novel share the same similarities, a harem development that absolutely destroyed the whole novel premise.