Recommendations Something like Epilogue

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Yfirkonungur, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Yfirkonungur

Yfirkonungur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anybody know the novel in RRL called Epilogue? Yeah I’m looking for something like that. Be it an anime, a novel or a movie. The only one I know similar to it is Madoka Magica, Steins Gate, Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya(the movie), and a little bit of erased and Kimi no Nawa.

Then it’s a story about four people who went to another world. And they came back home one wilfully and two kind of forcefully. Yeah the other one didn’t come back. And now they’re trying to cope with their lives back here and face the questions posed with the disappearance of the last one.
    STOP READING IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN THIS, basically they didn’t fit in Earth anymore and in the end they came back to the place, with the police on their tail, one left behind(in a psych ward) in exchange of another one. It’s just hearthbreaking to read very similar to the series I’ve just mentioned, and I want more of that.

Hahhaa likes this.
  2. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Post isekai story and tragedy

3. Niketkkk

Niketkkk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mother of learning

4. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Does not fit

Hm I dont remember anything similar to Epilogue tbh other than Digimon Adventure and adventure 2.

5. Deleted member 37987

Deleted member 37987 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    The king in yellow.

6. Hahhaa

Hahhaa hereby irrevocably & perpetually waives all moral

Reading List:
    Link
    It a deep story, but I would not call it depressing. It ending is great too. All is fine or gonna be fine at the end. Even for the one that ended in psych ward. Unless this is actually a prequel to 12 monkeys. That totally fit lol. Since you're looking for the same vibe, I recommend the film 12 monkeys. Not sure about the drama series because I haven't watch them yet. Enjoys (y)

7. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly, it was not tragic or depressing. The ending fits it well. It was more of pyschological and kind of thriller with returning from isekai twist

8. Yfirkonungur

Yfirkonungur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well for me, 5e reason why I found it depressing is because I looked at the perspective of Carl mostly and at the end, it just left me sad thinking of all the regrets they might’ve left behind. So yeah, the tone wasn’t as depressing but due to the way I interpreted it, it came off as that way. Because in the end, it’s not a happy ending, but rather the best possible ending for them.

Bright_Lucky_Star and Ddraig like this.