LCD The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zethuron, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Froys

Froys Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jin sahyuk expressions are pretty fun to read.

2. Midnight2630

Midnight2630 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    did he just left Jin Sahyuk alone with Boss? '-'
    i thought Kurukuru was a 'specimen' but it´s just an individual?

tak likes this.
  3. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    ...could the king be co author? I mean he wanna kill hajin...

4. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, what? The co-author is presumably the same guy who turned Hajin into one of the strongest heroes alive...

5. Jumboshrimp98

Jumboshrimp98 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since when did the co-author want to kill Hajin? Seems like he/she just wants a more interesting story.

6. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this scene actually means Kurukuru changed target due to Hajin's move. Boss is too strong to OHKO after transformation, so the target is changed to someone it can OHKO.

7. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm so Jin Sahyuk could become his ally

8. tak

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh that clears things up, thanks!

9. Tzu Sun

Tzu Sun Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad that the king didn't kill Kurukuru like a cliché final boss who doesn't accept defeat from his subordinates.

10. DoomedExpe

DoomedExpe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikr? I would have been pissed if he died. He has so much potential that he can take on Boss but only lose a arm

11. Itsume

Itsume New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Kurukuru is a nice character already because he somewhat mirrors Hajin: We've just been exposed to Hajin hunting Djinn in an assassin-like way, sniping them from afar and taking them by surprise, allowing little to no resistance. And, in TTRPGs at least, there's a saying: Never attempt to start an arms race with the GM, he'll always win.
    Enter Kurukuru, who is also an assassin and who is Hajin's equal, or maybe even better at taking others by surprise. Suddenly he has to face someone who is just as dirty of a combatant as he is and who doesn't pull any punches. And Hajin did die, there's no way to sugarcoat this: Had he not gotten the ability to revive twice, he'd be gone and have no one to blame but himself.
    If the King really is the Co-Author, that would be a stellar move as it would force Hajin to be more proactive and consider all his options, which is a big deal since we haven't seen Hajin properly dig into the SP system since Cube. And let's be real: While Hajin said he was gonna "change" the Chameleon Troupe, he was simply waiting around instead of actively pushing for it, which caused the encounter with Kurukuru and his first death. He has no one to blame for it coming this far but his own overly reactive and 'lazy' nature. I mean, don't get me wrong, he's better than a lot of LN-protags I know, but... Again, we haven't seen Hajin dig into the SP system and testing it's limits since Cube-days.
    Another nice thing is that Kurukuru is a Djinn. Normally Djinn are pretty pathetic. Yeah, it is said that they gain a lot of power by selling their souls and what not, but that vanishes when you realize that Hajin, again, just a few chapters ago, killed dozens of them. And that was the same way in the original novel: We got flat out told that Kurukuru got a serious upgrade. So, really, your soul is the cultivation-equivalent of, what, a year of working out? Rather depressing if you build them up like that. With Kurukuru now being stronger, we can see that selling you soul can suddenly be a serious power-move as opposed to the joke it used to be. Now there is an actual incentive for Hajin, Jin or anyone else to legitimately consider that as an option if push comes to shove.

tak likes this.
  12. twinklecake

Reading List:
    Link
    When was it said Kurukuru is a Djinn? He looks like a mantis to me.

Nefasdetestasti likes this.
  13. Itsume

Itsume New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never mind, you're right. I assumed that the humanoid monsters were Djinn or Djinn-related because Hajin and his team were cleaning up Pandemonium and they stood against them, but that was never actually stated, so the Monster King could actually be the leader of a third party. Thanks for catching that.

14. kittycatclawz

kittycatclawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When talking to Yoo Yeonha like 2 chapters ago, Hajin makes it clear that he believes for a fact it's not a djinn. Doesn't mean the co-author couldn't have changed things up a little and made it some type of djinn, and even if Hajin did get a settings change notification on his watch about this, he was definitely dead before he had a chance to read it lulz, but at least as far as Hajin is concerned, they're not related at all.

Elkon and qwerty1 like this.
  15. twinklecake

Reading List:
    Link
    I was under the impression that only humans could be Djinn myself, but the idea that your poodle can sell its soul and turn into a murderous devilbeast is amusing enough that I want it to happen.

16. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    No new chapter?

17. philgreek

philgreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nefasdetestasti likes this.
  18. tak

Reading List:
    Link
    From ch 237
    third party, neo human/humanoid monster. (Also just realized the king have name)
    i read (but forgot from where) a story where the MC almost died of zombified toy poodle once because they were at toy store & toy poodle looks like teddy bear. There's also a lot of people have died & MC almost died because they doesn't realized the enemy is a tiny insect (they thought it's an invisible enemy). So yeah, it can be interesting if animals can become djinn!:blobowoevil:
    [​IMG]

19. JazraelHarken

JazraelHarken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like QWFOD Zombie arc.

20. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Has Nayun found out why the MC killed her brother yet? Too cringe for me to catch up on chapters until she does...:facepalm: