Spoiler (Bl) Those Years in Quest of Honor of Mine

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by morticia_addams, Jan 26, 2019.

1. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. purple_mangosteen

purple_mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The summary is interesting and I always like historical story, so I tried to mtl but this one is really hard to understand.
    Who is who? What is their relationship? I am not sure of what I read :notlikeblob:

From what I've read so far
    - MC returned to beijing with two children of prince Ning
    - MC had scared the children so they ate little and slept little, thus they had panda eyes and tired looks. He hoped it will make them look weak in front of emperor.
    while the two princes met the emperor, MC waited outside the palace. He then was tricked into going to ML's palace.
    They talked. Ml mentioned. "You don't fall from horse and hurt your head. And I don't have amnesia. So how come I don't remember our epic affair?'
    MC actually wanted to laugh hearing that. Who knew that the rumour will spread that fast like snow ball? But to be honest, he feared his confrontation with ML.

MC actually had mute subordinate (they grew up together like brothers) in beijing, named lin si, who investigated ML (apparently ML acted weird during the last few years) and paid attention about beijing situation on MC's order. Ml warned MC that he won't let go of lin si next time.

Mc returned to his place and thought of his past. He was in prince Ning faction so when prince Ning was framed, he was also imprisoned for about a month. He got tortured. And later sold as slave. Many people wanted to buy him but the one who bought him was ML. He stayed at ML's place for a few months, during which ML called for doctor to heal him. They also interacted lot during these months. And Ml then let him go (I'm not clear about this part though).

MC's surname was Zhong, the same as prince Ning's mother surname, so maybe they're related and that's why he was in prince Ning's faction?
    But he was classmate or went to the same school as ML for 3 years.

MC hoped 3 months passed quickly so he, two princes and lin si could return to the border and never set their foot to the capital again

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  3. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    I skipped to the ending

- the conspiracy was unveiled. The current Chongan emperor killed the previous emperor and then he framed Prince Ning's for treason to kill his competitor. Emperor Chongan was under house arrest and later died.

- ML went to see emperor before he died. ML actually was emperor's son with his own sister. MC had known about this too.
    Emperor wanted to appoint ML as the next emperor but Ml had to marry the woman he chose.
    ML refused. "Father, i'm never interested in the throne. What I want is to repair the broken gear 20 years ago."

- Prince Ning name was cleared. ML should be the next emperor but he refused.

- prince ning had 3 children, xuan rui, xuan yu and his twin sister. Xuanyu became the next emperor while ML became the regent. People thought that ML made xuanyu as puppet emperor but ML made it clear to xuanyu that he had no interest for the throne. Ml also got rid of the late emperor chongan's people in the government

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML doesn’t seem like he believes in those rumors at all though

5. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, those rumours are based on MC's lies and as the person involved, how can he believe it. He even says to MC sarcastically that he doesn't have amnesia.

The summary of this novel make it seems that the story is going to be fluffy lighthearted story. But it is actually darker than that.

Since his birth and maybe before that, ML's entire life is in the middle of conspiracy. Who is his real father? Why does his birth mother hate him? He was born to become pawn for people around him. ML is grateful to MC because when ML was resigned to his fate, MC is willing to jump down into the abyss to be with him and MC even tries his best to pull him up. That's why he will fight too.

6. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfearful: so the ml never falls in love with mc?

7. 324722

324722 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait who’s (and how ) is the father of the 2 kids

8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I think a Prince Ning?

9. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    Prince Ning has 3 children
    Eldest xuan rui
    Twins: boy xuan yu who later becomes the next emperor and his younger sister

10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    How did mc managed to get the twins?

11. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    ...was deceived by the summary. I seriously thought that it was a light-hearted story with two cute buns. :sushi_no:
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine
    @iampsyx @insteadofdeath @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea
    @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime
    @LaDyViL @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @rainbowturtle @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin
    @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie
    @UpInTheAir
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @waraa @wolf.prince
    @XD @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro
    @324722
    I omitted those already summoned in the starter thread. :sushi_hide:

XD, cheerydandan, hmudara and 10 others like this.
  12. AimieNam1003

AimieNam1003 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the summoned ! (I dont like dark story, I likes light one but heavy smu cough cough hot moment *clear throat ehem )

13. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to Prince Ning's eldest son, Xuan Rui? I would have thought that as the eldest son, he'll be the Emperor, rather than his younger twin brother. :blobconfused:

couchpotato1929 likes this.
  14. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Xuanyu is the twin brother of the sister.
    Maybe Xuanrui doesn’t wanna be emperor?

15. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *reads the spoilers*

:blobunsure: Is this even Comedy?

16. MoMoePom

MoMoePom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reading through it, only 20 chapters in so far, but I don't see any angst? There's some political drama running on the background regarding who is ML's real parents, but the story and writing is super light overall, and the interaction between MC and ML is so hilarious and funny. :ROFLMAO: I almost choked in my dorm and snorted.

Don't know if it will get dark later, but we'll see! So far it's a comedy.

Saikyi likes this.
  17. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just for extra clarification on ML's angst... ML feels great guilt towards MC because it was ML's birth that indirectly led to the ruin of MC's foster family.

In the last years of the previous emperor's reign, MC's foster father (the Prince of Ning) was favored by the previous emperor and was about to be declared crown prince and heir. But ML's biological father (the current emperor, the elder prince to the Prince of Ning back then) of course wanted the throne instead, and engineered a plot to destroy the Prince of Ning.

The Prince of Ning came from the Zhong family (he adopted the MC, hence why MC is surnamed Zhong). His mother was a high-ranking imperial consort very favored by the emperor. But there was another Zhong family woman in the imperial consort, his mother's little sister. This younger Consort Zhong was paranoid that the emperor would kill her and her sister, and ML's father took advantage of that paranoia. He had clandestine meetings with her, which ended up with this younger Consort Zhong getting pregnant. Yes, that child was ML.

The younger consort Zhong freaked out and tried to abort ML but was unsuccessful. (It would be a crime akin to incest if it was found that she, the emperor's consort, was pregnant with a prince's child.) Since this child would inevitably be discovered, ML's father eventually convinced her to poison the emperor. This plot was of course discovered (though the emperor did end up passing away). Both consorts from the Zhong family were executed (even though the elder Consort Zhong had nothing to do with it). By association, the entire Zhong family was destroyed. The Prince of Ning was framed for treason and died with his reputation in ruins. This was the last straw that ensured ML's father ascended to the throne.

ML felt great guilt when he learned the circumstances surrounding his birth, since if his biological mother had successfully aborted him, none of the following conspiracy would have happened and the Prince of Ning would have been crowned instead. MC would never have had to suffer the loss of his family.

------------------------------------

In general I'd say this novel has a lighthearted tone overall. MC is an amusing guy who enjoys teasing ML shamelessly. Thank god MC does pursue ML hard because ML does have psychological problems arising from his deep guilt. He tries to reject and push MC away on the surface (in preparation so that if ML does end up dying, MC won't feel sad), but he always yearns for MC deep down. His interactions and misunderstandings with MC are a combination of funny, sweet, and sad.

18. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For some clarification on this...
    The eldest of the Prince of Ning’s three children is Xuan Rui. Unfortunately, Xuan Rui has a cowardly/paranoid/ambitious personality, which opens him up to manipulation. Even though Zhong Wan (MC) sacrificed so much to protect those three children and help them avoid attracting the emperor’s attention, Xuan Rui instead turns to believe people from the more radical faction. Those people want revenge on the emperor at any cost, and tell Xuan Rui that “Zhong Wan just doesn’t want you to get the throne, you should cast him aside and attack the emperor for revenge”.

This includes an incident where a doctor from the radical faction urged MC to poison ML as revenge! MC didn’t go through with it because of his fondness for ML, so that doctor got mad and secretly poisoned MC instead. Xuan Rui witnessed this but didn’t stop the poisoning from occurring, or ever mention it to MC. Instead of apologizing, he just ignored it and even tried to give MC a concubine as a secret bribe/repayment?? MC never brought it up or held it against him because of the great debt MC owes to the Prince of Ning, but come on man.

As the story progresses, Xuan Rui again gets roped into the schemes of more radical schemers who want to help him get the throne so they can use him as a puppet. Those schemers want to reveal the truth behind the conspiracy that ruined the Prince of Ning so Xuan Rui will have that legitimate claim to the throne.

Amusingly enough, ML and MC harness those schemes so that the truth is indeed revealed. However, they don’t let Xuan Rui claim the throne, so those schemers got left out to dry. Instead, MC and ML move Xuan Rui out of the capital to live in a peaceful remote area so he effectively disappears. Instead it’s the younger brother Xuan Yu who ascends to the throne. ML acts as regent since they’re both young, but MC and ML constantly urge Xuan Yu to study and work hard so that MC and ML can go on vacation. (Xuan Yu is best described as having a delicate maiden’s heart who struggles with paperwork. Instead it’s his older twin sister Xuan Congxin who’s wayyyy more capable so she ends up helping him with governing.)

19. azinine

azinine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically they got a Shadow Empress instead. :blobsmilehappyeyes::blob_grin::blob_pompom:

Ray Levantret, Poor_Hero and Queue like this.
  20. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Wen Ning and Wen Qing all over~! Thanks Attica, for the explanation. :aww:

Ray Levantret and Queue like this.