Discussion Little Naruto question I noticed.

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Raphael, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lately I've been reading a ton of fanfictions, and since Naruto is one of the series that has the most fics made about it I've been reading a lot of Naruto fanfics. So I'm very curious about this point and I don't know if anyone has noticed before because I don't often see it asked.

A lot of the time it's mentioned how Naruto the MC had failed the Academy exams two times previously or sometimes more. I recall something to this effect in the manga/anime too so it must be somewhat canon, my question is, if Naruto had failed in the Academy several times previously how come all the graduates that passed in his generation where the same age as him? Did they also failed previously or something?

Narr-master likes this.
  2. Kagutsuchi

Kagutsuchi 『Omnipresent Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    He's a genius that skipped the age requeriment to take the test, but after pondering for years, he finally decided to wait and pass the test with his future friends.

SquirFail and Fossil like this.
  3. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some start early and others didn't I guess.

4. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    it's a plothole that never got explained.
    i mean, some flashbacks show him in the same grade as Sasuke since pre academy days, but sometimes it's said he has been there longer.

5. Prolux

Prolux [Specifically Lazy] [Weirdly Motivated]

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh... Perhaps Naruto ended up starting earlier than them due to his ambition or he's actually a few years earlier than them... Hell, it could just be an author error.

6. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    he was never taught anything, taijutsu, chakra control or basic jutsus and also teachers and the general public asked the academy to fail him

Kingloli229 likes this.
  7. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    it is a plothole written by a then inexperienced writer. Before Naruto, he only wrote a few one-shots

Zerak likes this.
  8. Zerak

Zerak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I am not mistaken he kept trying to go for an early graduation by taking the exam.
    Technically you graduate if you pass the exam.
    Itachi graduated at the age of 6.

Naruto hated school because he felt ostracised and discriminated against and thought it would change once he became a ninja.

Atleast that is the best explanation that sticks with the known plot.

Marfi09 likes this.
  9. Kingloli229

Kingloli229 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say it's a pothole that was never really rectconned to my knowledge

10. NP-3228

NP-3228 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It could be that he applied to graduate early and failed. I think during the wars kakashi was pushed to graduate early, could be that some system from the war era. Nothing I say is cannon so dont quote me on this.

11. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Simple. Plot holes made to move the narrative through way before the author got around to thinking up of giving naruto the best biological set of advantages he could possibly have short of being a full otsutsuki, and even then, as even without the ninetails he had won the genetic lottery like thrice over. Sasuke in a way as well.
    A lot of manga a very rough at the beginning since authors aren't asured their series won't get axed out of nowhere in the first few years. Bleach of all things got axed. So authors can't plan ahead too much fron the beginning.
    Same happened to Harry potter which gave birth to all the MOB dumbledore and bashing in general by coming to somewhat sound conclusion left open by the serie's enormous plot holes.
    A few years back, once people started noticing how really gifted naruto actually was, the fanon was that he was lazy and didn't train. Then it was revealed that he worked his butt off, so the consensus was that he was sabotaged. So on and so forth.
    Just don't think too hard on it. Since even the Fate series has the same issues for the first few visual novels.

12. Marfi09

Marfi09 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like your mentality of trying to fill the plot hole by your own thinking(like me) instead being a bitch who tries to find flaw in everything without thinking much :)

As for naruto plothole, the latest hole was discovered by my brother just a few days ago.
    Its about how everyone knew Naruto was the jinchuriki of nine tails and how they behaved like trash towards him. Even if everyone knew who the nine tail jinchuriki is, the least should happen is to isolate naruto(like gaara or previous jinchuriki before killer B) instead of behaving trash(who knows when he might go rage mode you know)towards him. Also its funny how they made it open secret that naruto is nine tails jinchuriki and throw him open in the street which is a great military weapon as well as military secret. But they splendedly kept it secret that naruto is the son of 4th hokage which wasnt really a important info(many great shinobi had average children) but would have made narutos childhood a lot easier.

So, basically they gave away the important secret of naruto being a jinchuriki and threw him in the mud for everyone to abuse while they kept the useless info of naruto being son of 4th hokage secret which would have made his childhood a normal decent one. This doesnt make sense. Or it does, in order for naruto to have a so called 'sad past'.

In case you guys forgot, even the worst hokage's grandson was called the Honourable grandson while naruto was the son of 4th hokage who saved the village with his life.

13. Zerak

Zerak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I try my best to make logic of a plot hole even if the author didn’t have an answer to it. It’s only a real plot hole if you can’t make a reasonable explanation for it.

Also for naruto being a jinchuriki and people knowing that but not who his parents are can actually be explained.

First the relationship between Minato and Kushina was a S class secrets and the birth of the Minato’s son was an even bigger one.

Minato had a lot of personal enemies that would not mind losing anything to cause him harm even if it meant their death or the start of a new war. Think of a person with superhuman powers trained in espionage and he lost all he cares about and just wants revenge.

A jinchuriki Is indeed a target for others but there is a tact understanding that they don’t target them since theirs would be targeted. Unless they can be 100% sure that they can capture and extract the nine tails from naruto and put him in a new host that can actually use his power they will not make an attempt on him.

But as the son of Minato some people would still go after him even if it’s a bad move for their village.

Also why would 3ed hokoga let naruto be treated like crap? Well if he is isolated he can better control naruto by being the only person who he trusts growing up. Also a lot of people were fighting the nine tails so when it vanished they would have seen the chakra flow and many died that day so ninjas got drunk and said what they saw. People sometimes just want something to blame for everything wrong in the world and naruto was the right scape goat. And ninjas have an already stressful life so when they get drunk on the anaversry of the nine tale to morn their lost love ones they are filled with negative emotions and no where to point them. That is where naruto comes in.

The reason Minato died that day was because he was not fully prepared for the attack. No one should have known about naruto birth apart from the council (who include Danzo) so Danzo probably leaked the info to his slimy snake friend who had ties to the Akatsuki, since he wanted to be hokoge and Minato was too young to retire anytime soon and the war just ended.

Evidence to support this is that minatos body was not found but Orochimaru had it with him when he tried to summone Minato when his did the same for the first and second but could not as his soul was with the shinigami.

14. Marfi09

Marfi09 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im passed my days of arguing about anime. I only said this plot hole while talking with my brother about good old times. So, you win anyways :)