Recommendations Romance novels that feels natural

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by iWH1te, Feb 4, 2019.

1. iWH1te

iWH1te Sloth Immortal under the Heavens

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for your dedication and thorough recommendations. I can see that you've put an enormous deal of work in this. Thanks again, people like you keeps the site going. :D
    I'll give them a try, I'm already reading 'A Game To Make Him Fall' so it'll take a while before I pick up another novel, you were right, it's amazing. Still, not a huge huge fan, but it's good. A warming reading, just what I needed after reading for 2 years about rich scions geting beheaded because they dared to block MC's path to glory! How dare they?! Impudents! Lmao

2. Potatoes

Potatoes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can try Last Game

otaku31 likes this.
  3. RozenKristal

RozenKristal NUF gender bender Emperor -> Queen

Reading List:
    Link
    I found a rather great ancient setting romance, like really really good. Will see if I have time to translate it after my current one. Not comedy, but it is just so damn good.

4. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that Tong Hua's novels tend be pretty good in terms of romance. Both the male and female leads get opportunities to do cool things, and they're allowed to engage in real conflict with one another. It makes for the kind of dynamic relationship that feels very different from what you see in a lot of other Romance novels.

These books are: Bu Bu Jing Xin, Ballad of the Desert, and Song in the Clouds.

I'm interested in untranslated Chinese Romance novels. Can you recommend any? I'm allergic to the jackass stalking bullies that tend to be the male love interests in these stories so it hasn't been easy finding good ones.

5. RozenKristal

Reading List:
    Link

Let me keep looking up my list. I tend to save them on facebook posts so I have to drag the bar down to search.
    Here is one that I noticed got translated to 130 or so currently on novelupdate, I finished it years ago and I have to say I really like the heroine.
    Give it a try, I will try to update the list for you:
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/first-marriage-then-love/?pg=14 : 先婚厚爱

This one is a bit of romance, pretty cute and it is slow, but mostly comedy. The trio in this series is fking amazing. You don't see this kind of xianxia anywhere else. Read it read it. You gonna laugh your ass off:
    www.69shu.org/book/93810/ : 师父又掉线了 (My master has disconnected again)

This one is pretty good too:
    男主他功德无量 : http://www.ggdown.com/65/65070/index.html

This one is multiverse transmigration, though the MC doesn't go in depth with the relationships but I think it is ok as a quick read, you be the judge: http://www.ggdown.com/44/44860/index.html

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    ToastedRossi likes this.
  6. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're...not even gonna mention the name?

7. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol. That's good. And it's not dedication or anything. Maybe you don't know but talkative people don't like to shut up. Ending it just there took all my willpower to do. If I had gone free I'd have written a 3 page essay on every novel I've ever read.

8. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard author abandoned this novel for searching a job ??? Is that true ?

Game Market 1983

9. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
  10. RozenKristal

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont have the link to raw now, can't recall. Will try to post it up translated (my way of reading this novel is a bit special) chap 1 later.

Walter vi Britannia likes this.
  11. Wu Jizun

Wu Jizun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @ToastedRossi I gotta steal your reading list some day. Almost everything you read is what I read/would read. If my memory does me justice, you read 月关 stuff, as well.

12. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I just noticed. You've got gender bender emperor under your name. I'm quite a fan of gender bender myself. (Only when it's male to female and not yuri though.)

Don't know why I am saying this. Honestly, I completely forgot what this thread was about and what I'm doing here. Not gonna bother going to the previous page to find out either.

13. Lunica

Lunica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like the world, I only like you

It's a romance told in episodic chapters. But I find the pacing well done. It's slice of life and fluff.
    I think this is as natural as you can get, since it's based off the author's real relationship with her boyfriend.
    I quite enjoyed this, but I was sad that it was short. Maybe you can give this a read :cookie:

14. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Yue Guan is pretty awesome; albeit a very different writer from Tong Hua. He's seemingly one of the few out there who can write good romances even in harem novels.

Lately, I've been noticing just how good 非玩家角色's prose is. He's probably still in school, but he's been able to evoke a lot of emotion with relatively new words. He only has one notable book to his credit (and a fanfic that's pretty decent), but he's going to be good when his writing style fully matures.

Wu Jizun likes this.
  15. Wu Jizun

Wu Jizun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't speak for "good" romance or not, since it's subjective.
    I'm a sucker for 古风 style writing. It has a charm I can't resist. I haven't read 非玩家角色's stuff.

16. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Summon @readerz

I am such that any story that plagiarizes a BL would quality eg
    Ten Miles of Peach Blossom/Eternal Love
    You can also try The Eternal Love 1 and 2

For Japanese
    The Villainess Is Being Doted on by the Crown Prince of the Neighboring Country

17. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link

Hmmm....

None. I don't actually read romance novels, sorry. How about a shoujo manga instead?

Both are completely scanlated.

1.) Kanata Kara is good. The romance feels slow but natural https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-126621

What I like about it is that although the male lead is the typical strong, heroic type, he never abuses the heroine. He's very gentle. (y)

2.) Seiyuu Ka-! https://mangadex.org/title/3403/seiyuu-ka - more comedic but fun romance