Request Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Okuri Ookami, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Been waiting for the second season for 4 or almost 5 years but guess that's not happening... So can anyone tell me where the anime left off in the manga? I mean I don't think the manga is past 60 so not much to catchup on but its better than nothing.

2. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh, the title is for a side story, but if you mean for the main manga, I believe the anime ended vol 7 of the novel, so you have to read Tsuioku Hen and then Raihousha Hen, then go from there.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  3. Midnight2630

Midnight2630 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There´s 5 Mahouka mangá, each being a different arc.
    Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Raihousha Hen is what happens after the anime.
    BUT the anime skipped the end of the arc(where Tatsuya show he being OP)...the anime needed just 10 more minutes to finish the war(Tatsuya just destroyed the first wave[the war ship]) and start a new arc...

4. Midnight2630

Reading List:
    Link
    oh yeah, you can read Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Tsuioku Hen (it´s completed)
    it happens before they enroll in the school...

5. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you give me the exact chapter?

6. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk how they list it on manga sites so I can't really help you there XD the anime ended at the end of Yokohama arc, which by itself is like 5 volumes long.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  7. Superioreos

Superioreos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They didn't skip that part, it was shown, but they poorly explained what you were looking at.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  8. Midnight2630

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? I'm pretty sure they didn't... '-'
    Tatsuya should have used Material Bust twice and i remember thinking 'why isnt they showing just 5 minutes more?' (*` ·´)/

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  9. Superioreos

Superioreos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just checked. They did put it in, but it was forgettable.

Midnight2630 likes this.
  10. magicmau5

magicmau5 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would recommend just reading the light novel! I have 10 volumes, I think that's most or all of them that have been (fan)translated into English. But I haven't checked in a while.

11. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry can't stand Japanese literature other than in manga form these days

12. magicmau5

Reading List:
    Link
    lmaoooo that's funny, I mostly read manga period.

13. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    In terms of consistent read ability Korean takes the lead in novels but they are way t damn short, Chinese when done right like ISSTH, DE, CD/PL, and other classic novels makes CN number one overall, Japanese... there novels are just written manga that describes every little thing, you really get a feel for how dumb dense MC's can be. I don't read Korean or Chinese manhwa manhua so can't rate them.

14. magicmau5

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm...so when I read the light novels for this manga series, I was thinking the whole time the translator wasn't that great since I also observed the novels were like written manga "that describes every little thing, you really get a feel for how dumb dense MC's can be" lmao. So apparently the shortcoming lay not in the translator but in the original writer? Honestly the plot of the mangas aren't exactly...perfect since the sister is so off her rocker brocon it's disturbing, which is reflected in the LN of course. But to say there's a pattern in overall Japanese light novels, I'm not 100% sure since I haven't read enough of them to make a judgement. I'll just have to read more I guess.

15. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah the translator isn't at fault unlike legit Translatos, Webnovel Tl's wont go out of their way to change what is already written... to much extra work and often or not will be pointed out by the readers that might have read the MTL before hand. Manga is better than Japanese novels cause it simplifies the novel into pictures and wont step by step guide you through how dumb or dense the actual MC is. I'd prefer manga over Japanese purely because of that, it will make subpar novels better but the inverse is also true for good Japanese novels cause more often than not the manga will drag down a decent Novel as it is up to the mangaka and editors to 'interpret' what is best for the manga even if it takes some artistic liberty just like how a manga will be adapted to an anime.

So picture a great novel made into a manga made into an anime. It would be almost impossible to find manga that keeps absolutely true to the original adaptation.

16. Snowball

Snowball Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also remember that the Honor Student at Magic High School manga operates differently than the main story manga do.
    For the regular story, each arc is is drawn and operated separately as that story arc. That is why there is a clear difference from the Yokohama Disturbance Arc from other arc (it is also the worst drawn, just watch the anime or read the novel and skip past the offensively horrid art here).
    That is also why several sequential arcs are releasing in tandem. At least there have been progress though.
    The Honor Student manga is a side-story in that it covers more of the perspective from Miyuki but also Honoka a little more and adds some characters that don't appear in the main story since they don't matter to Tatsuya. At present, this manga is reaching the end of the 2nd arc.

17. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Fan trans is up to 19...:eek:

Edited mtl is up to 26(?):eek: from all reports, edited mtl is pretty good.:eek: