Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist's Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Jan 28, 2019.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    78 symbols in a single day? This guild is filled with master carpenters! Why are you all doing this kind of dangerous adventuring job when you could be making a living from handling wood instead?! xD

Well, good job out there, the reward will be 234 Small Copper Coins, so uhn... 23 Large Copper and 4 Small Copper, that's a great amount for a single day of work huh? Be proud of yourself~
    Oh, and of course, 4 guild points, as usual~

Take care Jack-san~

A5G_Reaper and Haxagen like this.
  2. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Task: Find the Mountain of Free Ale [Taken by @Razogul ] Requester: Urdur Ironhammer, Blacksmith Quest rank: E Rewards: 12 Large Copper Coins Description: The requester heard recent rumors of a mountain that infinitely produces ale and that anyone is free to take it and the ale tastes better than any other drink in the world. While the requester is very skeptical about its existence, he was still interested enough to issue a quest for each. Full reward will be paid in case the mountain is truly found, however, the requester is still willing to pay 8 Large Copper Coins in case anyone that attempts to clear the request investigates at least 5 mountains of the nearby mountain range, even if the mountain of free ale doesn't exist. Full guild points will still be paid regardless of the mountain being found or not, for as long as the requester is pleased with the results.

"Here is the report," Raz says this as he hands in the report.
    "This seems like quite the rumor, not like it actually exists, right?" Raz says this as he makes his way to visit the blacksmith.

On his way to the blacksmith, he hears variations of the rumor. Some even proclaiming that if you drink it daily, you'll live forever.

Seeing he's at the blacksmith, Raz gets the information from the blacksmith and goes out on his journey.
    A goblin flies through the air and hits a tree, killing it from the impact. Raz stops enhancing his body and looks to see the three dead goblins. Some of them having metal weapons!

"What is with this influx of goblins lately!? It's not like there will be some sort of goblin invasion... right?"

Noticing what he said, he covers his mouth, "Let's not jinx it, these jinxes happen way too often when I say them."

After resting a bit and cultivating, he gets back up and continues his journey at the mountains. However, it got worse and worse as he went on.

Slicing a goblins head off, he pants as he feels beat from finding so many goblins.

"This isn't normal... I need to tell the guild this later," saying this, Raz continues his journey through the mountains.

After searching through five mountains, he finds a small shack. The shack has a sign on its entrance labeled, 'Mountain of Free Ale' on it. A vein popping on his head, he wryly laughs at himself.

"It's actually a building in the mountains, well, let's see if anyone's there."

Knocking on the door three times, he hears, "Come in." is heard. Seeing someone is inside, he sees that the shack has mainly orcs with a few humans inside. They all were drinking, a happy smile on their face.

Seeing this, Raz goes to the orc that looks somewhat old that is serving the drinks. He looks at a paper on the wall and his mouth twitches when he reads what's there.

"Pay a silver coin and you'll get an unlimited amount of beer to drink here. No refunds."

"So, I take it there is some truth to every rumor. I should go and see the blacksmith, but first, let's test the quality."

He asks a customer to try some and luckily he lets him have a sip of some new beer he got. Raz almost throws up due to the taste. He wryly smiles as he says, "They must be drinking this stuff only to get drunk instead of the taste. I need to report this to the blacksmith."

Finding a shortcut back to the town, he goes to the blacksmith and tells him the news. "Is that so... well, you did what you were supposed to do. Here are 8 extra large copper coins, you'll get the test of the money at the guild."

Thanking him, Raz goes to the guild and hands in his report to the guild, along with the goblins he sighted.
    There is an influx of goblins that were encountered. They were wielding metal weapons.
    Turns out, a bar exists with the exact same name, apparently, there's some truth to every rumor.
    @AliceShiki

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  3. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    "It was hard only for thinking about what kind of pet. Catching it was a piece of cake." Sol said.
    "What should I pick?" Sol started to think about the problem. The request asked that it shouldn't be any of well know pets and a child can handle it. Sol tried to think about small animals. Soon after he saw a cat flying and catching a poor mouse on ground. Cats was already good hunter of small creatures. With flying ability, they basically was like stronger hawks.
    "Small animals aren't a option either..."
    Sol started to think more hardly.

"What about a fox? As far as I know nobody had a fox as pet. They aren't dangerous. They aren't too small either. Seem something that any kid can handle." Started to prepared wooden traps with his newly bought knife. With this knife he could finally start craft something for himself. They was very simple traps.

Night he put them in the forest with a bit of fox's favorite foods. The traps probably was going to catch different animals so having a lot of traps was a good idea.

He returned to the morning to see if he managed catch his target. Some of traps was empty and other had different animals. Luckily the last one catched a young fox. He freed the rest of animals as they was troublesome to sell or kill. There was a law that forbid this kind of activity near the city otherwise large group of adventurers will try to search for food and destroy the ecosystem.

Sol move to give the fox to Mary. She probably will find the proper way to keep it as pet.

OoC: If she is not fine with the pet. Next time I will catch a snake or an alligator :blobxd:
    My last resource is a walking gourd.

Naraku and A5G_Reaper like this.
  4. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    @AliceShiki

5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm... Honestly surprised by this outcome, but good job Raz-san, you certainly earned your reward~

The influx of goblins is a bit troublesome though... Hopefully it doesn't get worse...

Well, here is your reward, 12 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points~

Take care~

Razogul likes this.
  6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    A... Wild Fox?

It's not that terrible, and still fairly young, so it shouldn't be tooooo troublesome... But still, a wild animal with 0 training? Haa... Sol-san, Mary-chan will have to spend quite some time giving basic training to the fox before giving it to the child... That said, it was probably a good choice.

You get... Half rewards, an untrained wild animal is no good after all... 4 Large Copper and 2 Guild Points for you.

Take care and better luck next time~

Nahrenne likes this.
  7. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing that he was a bit late, the receptionist scratched his head.
    "Sorry sorry, I am late, I have been rather busy."
    "Mmmm... I see I see..."
    Noting what she tried to explain, he roughtly summed up to they went back earlier because of some beat up, however, she did her work, after all, despite everything, it seemed that she was an earnest and hardworking person, or so Gaap thought.

"Anyway, you have done a good work."
    Gaap patted her head and counted the days she was out of the town, he shook his head and simply decided to give a dozen of Large Copper Coins.
    "You get 10 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points."

OOC: I quite liked some interactions~
    "So... you want me to bring Aria to the festival when it happens, eh ? I guess I can do so. Might be good for her to relax or something along those lines."
    Chuckling after saying this, Gaap shook his head and thought that it could be a good idea if... oh well. After reading the report, he began to search the rewards of Tera, he did his work properly.

"Alright, that's a success anyway, you did your work, you get 4 Guild Points and 10 Large Copper Coins."

8. Unreachable Hope

Unreachable Hope Unspecified, Wandering and Doubtful Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Task: My House Was Overrun by Cats! [Taken by @Unreachable Hope ]
    Requester: Sasha, a merchant
    Quest rank: E
    Rewards: 7 Large Copper Coins
    Description: Ever heard that catnip is great for warding off bugs? Yeah, it worked pretty well actually, I had some planted in my balcony that had 0 ways of any cat ever coming close to how high it was and everything was fine and dandy... UNTIL CATS LEARNED HOW TO FLY!!!!
    They took over the house, I'm sleeping at my sister's house now and really want to come back... Please take them out and get rid of the catnip, I'm allergic to these damn critters... Ah, and take any hair that fell from them out too please, I'll be sneezing for days if I get back home after all this…

Rereading the task, Cinis almost chuckled as he read the quest sheet, it seemed to be quite fun. He remembered when there was a cat at home, Liya rather disliked it and used onions’ bark to make it go away as cats seem to be despite this… as for why, he never knew, but he thought he could use this as a solution. As for the merchant, she should be quite exhausted, he will not bother her, he will only notify her once the work is done.

As for now, she should rest. The adventurer went to the market and bought around half a kilo of onions, the scent might be nasty but at the very least, it made cats run away once everything was cut into little pieces. Let’s see… it seems that it cost around 25 Small Coppers Coin to buy half a kilo of onions, he took the ones that seemed to be the cheapest, he did not really bother to see from who he was buying and stuff along those lines as it will probably one of the only time he buys something like this.

After passing a little hour of walking, Cinis arrived at the Merchant’s house and wondered if half a kilo of onions would be enough for him to clear it up from all those cats.

“...they are rather cute.”
    On top of it, they were cute, it will be a shame to make them run away… true, they invaded someone’s house, but still, they were fluffy, soft… oh no, he should not give in to temptation. The half-elf always was weak against those kind of creatures, maybe because as a child, he never was able to…
    A sigh escaped his mouth as some memories quickly unfolded in his mind, but also slipped away as swiftly as it entered his brain.

Let’s see, they were both only in the first floor as the ground floor was closed before they could invade it, however… it seemed that there was many there, at least, two dozens of them ? Mmm, it should be enough if the smell is strong enough.
    They meowed, despite everything, they did not seem to be annoyed by Cinis’ presence, he entered into it, keeping the onions’ smell away as it was in his coat he used as a bag.
    Climbing on the first floor, he felt quite troubled by his sight, there was… cat’s hair everywhere, it seemed to be a hell to clean. Then, there was a cat sleeping on the balcony, just next to his feet.

“10 minutes should be fine.”
    Thinking aloud, he crouched and began to caress it, under the neck, behind the ears, the back, he massaged the cheeks and the cat’s sides as well, afterwards, he also sad on the ground, and put the cat on his left leg, continuously caressing it until it begins to purr…
    Like this, easily what ? Thirty minutes passed ? He sighed and wondered if he should really complete this quest, yes, he should. He still needs to get his guild points, to get more money, to heal his leg, to learn magic, to get stronger, to get revenge and so on… Cats can come later.

Cinis coughed and began to cut the onions, letting the smell penetrate the first floor, cats began to meow, a bit revolted of the scent, but he did not mind it as he continued, he had to do his job, the most properly, there was exactly twenty two cats, the first one left after a dozen of minutes, they kept meowing as they kept searching a safe place in the first floor, free from the onions’ scent which made them slowly but surely run away.

But since the scent was spreading to every corners and Cinis moved around the whole first floor while being careful at not stepping on any of those rushing cats, he also avoided checking any boxes, chests or anything along those lines as it might harm the guild’s reputation if some suspicions about him robbing the merchant were to spread.

A hour later, more than half of the cats ran away. Honestly, there wasn't much to do, it was rather an easy job, as long as he knew some tips, he could easily finish this quest, though, now, it seemed that Cinis had thoughts of adopting a cat.. no, he could not. It would be too risky and cruel to the car as well.

“That's one of your flaw according to me, you feel pity for animals but not your kin.”, once, Liya told him this as he was doing his daily job of slaying fleshes and disperse the blood, the angry crowds, the enemies, the opponents and so on.
    It was why he was not really well-liked by the troop of soldiers he led and commanded with an iron hand. Since he did not care a bit about their lives… he was heartless.

Back to the main point, he sidetracked, the cats, it seemed that they were all gone. As he was lost in his thoughts, he didn't notice their disappearance and sighed. A shame, a shame, a shame… he wanted to caress a last one.

“Time for the cleaning…”
    Cleaning everything except the scent that is, they might dislike it, but his job was to make the cats get away, and it worked nicely, they aren't allergic to onions as well right ? It would be rather troublesome.
    Hours later, after removing every single hair from every single corners, lots of cats were now wandering in the streets, avoiding this house as much as they can. Now… someone needs to shelter them, it made him sigh.

If only he had enough money or brought gold coins with him, yes, Cinis already held gold coins, concretely it was not his but to his father who is now simply toying with him, as first, he forced him to flee through many schemes, then he crippled him and plundered him from all of his valuable equipment before succeeding to flee.

Then, the adventurer went to see the merchant, Sasha, before everything. He asked to her sister.

“Is she allergic to onions ?”, she shook her head and felt glad, it meant there shouldn't be any issues, he proceeded to explain what he did during his stay at the merchant’s first floor house and how he got rid of the cats, peacefully that is.
    “There is no issues at all, it seems that you did your work properly... I will check it very soon... And well, my sister, Sasha seems sick at the moment, she has been overworking herself since a while… perhaps, she would get better after this cat issue…”

"I see. I hope she recovers then."
    Hearing this, Cinis only nodded and did not say much, or more like he could not say much, overworking, isn't that basically what he does with all his trainings ?

Quickly, he went back to the guild to give back his report to Aria. He still felt rather weird around her due to the… Cinere mystery.
    "I am back Aria... This is my report, I hope it is fine."
    After hesitating on his tone, he decided to talk casually to her.

@AliceShiki
    OOC: There we go, that was done rather quickly, but it should be fine~

AliceShiki likes this.
  9. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    __fox_girl_original_drawn_by_jaco__c5c95c03f9d515e1743d930cfc6508fe.png

SpearOfLies likes this.
  10. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    "That was a good task. Nice finger work."

“Say, little girl…”

“I’m not little. I’m almost 19.”

“Okay, but...should you be moving around in that state…?”

“I’m not fighting any monsters, so it’ll be fine.”

“Whatever you say, then...How good are you at carving?”

“I can tinker on a basic level, so carving is still manageable, as long as you don’t make me carve out a whole piece of furniture, or something like that.”

“Alright then, please carve out more of these symbols in wood. Though...if you have to stop early, I understand. Take your time.”

Elaine begun carving the symbols, but since she wasn’t too familiar with the hammer and chisel, it took a long while for her to carve out the first symbol, which ended up scrapped in the end anyways.

“This is troublesome...Well, forget the chisel. I’ll just use this…

The sound of a drawn blade could be heard from outside the room, followed by the terrific screech of wood as it was shredded by metal. A few hours later, Elaine knocked on the door.

“I’ve managed to make two dozens...There’s a pile of wood shavings on the floor, so can I borrow a broom?”

“Uh...sure.”

The priest watched in visible concern as the girl swept up the area, and left the 24 nicely carved symbols on the table.
    @AliceShiki

11. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Task: Carving Holy Symbols [Taken by @Suijin ] [Taken by @A5G_Reaper ] [Taken by @Haxagen ] [Taken by @Razogul ] [Taken by @TiggerBane ] [Available]
    Requester: Soren, Priest of Lord Ralditorias
    Quest rank: E
    Rewards: 3 Small Copper Coins per symbol crafted.
    Description: With the glorious day of our Lord and Savior, Ralditorias, the Unyielding, coming up, we're organizing a festival to be held next week within the town of Nagrand. However, we're lacking in personnel to make all the preparations, so we'd like some adventurers to help with making some holy symbols for us.
    The request isn't particularly difficult, you just need to have some basic carpentry skills. We'll provide the design for the symbol and we'll take care of the part of making it Holy once the symbol is crafted.
    This Quest can be taken multiple times within the week, though only once per adventurer.

Raz returns with his report and hands it in to the receptionist.
    "So, you're saying I have to carve wood into a holy symbol for your church?" Raz looks at the priest smiling at him.

"Yes, for each carved holy symbol, you'll get three small copper coins."

Thinking it's a decent deal, he says, "May I see what the holy symbol looks like?"

Nodding his head, the priest brings out a carved holy symbol. It had a spiked sword in the middle of a circle. Raz can't help but think in his head, "Whoever made this symbol must have a screw loose in their head."

"Hmm, this could take me a while... I'll see what I can do."

In a small room with wood, Raz is carving out the holy symbols while bored. He looks to see some of the holy symbols he already carved, looking as neat as possible.

"It's a shame it took me some failures to make it correctly. For now, I have nine holy symbols already made. Harmless work, but maybe I should try using my Ki a bit to speed up the process."

Thinking he should go this path, he enhances his knife with Ki and starts carving again, becoming faster. However, due to limited Ki, he runs out shortly after. He sweats a little as he looks to see how many he made.

"I made eight more quickly... this could prove to be practice as I do this."

Deciding to change his routine, he does this and is smiling as he gets a total of 50 holy symbols at the end. He smiles as he feels like he a little more proficient in his control over Ki.

"Well, I guess I should go and hand these holy symbols to the priest."

Getting up to see the priest, he brings over the holy symbols in a box and puts it next to the priest. Looking at the holy symbols, he smiles, "You've captured the spirit of Lord Raldtorias in these holy symbols!"

Wryly smiling due to how a church can have something like this, Raz smiles and says, "Your welcome, I shall be going now, good day to you."

Leaving, Raz goes back to the guild to report that he made 50 symbols.
    Made 50 holy symbols.
    Became a bit more proficient at using my ki to enhance.
    @Nurman

Nahrenne likes this.
  12. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice work, if you can train and make some money out of it, then why not? Here's 150 Small Copper Coins, which is 15 Large Coppers and your 4 guild points.

As someone that's developing ki, feel free to drop by the library to share your experiences when you have time. You might even learn something new, who knows?

Razogul likes this.
  13. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    Phinimimilomimo flew into the guild, dropped her [Illusion], put down the card she was carrying, took a form and began writing out her report for her latest quest. After a few minutes, she then picked up the report and handed it into the receptionist, before picking up the card again.

"Hugging people is so nice, Fris~!"

She smiled in content as her cheeks blushed pink from the memory of hugging.
    Having asked Bill, the bartender, for info on where Cardmaster Gerald Yule was, Phinimimilomimo flew over to the poorer side of the entertainment district of Nagrand. Upon reaching a narrow building with dark curtains covering all of the windows and the door, the little fairy saw a plaque next to the door, which read:
    Diviner's Daring Divinations
    Have your fortune, fate, past or present told by Cardmaster Gerald Yule!
    Terms and conditions apply, whereby no refunds will be given out if customers are unsatisfied with their reading. Each reading will cost 20 LC per person. If a group reading, it will cost 15 LC per person. Cardmaster is not liable to at fault for any misfortunes that transpire, even if the reading has predicted it.
    Realising that this must be the place where the quest giver worked, Phinimimilomimo flew through the curtain and found a teary-eyed fox-kin hugging a busty human woman dressed in a revealing outfit.

"Hmm, Fris?"

Hearing the little fairy make a sound as she tilted her head at the scene, the fox-kin and woman separated and looked at her.

"Ah, a customer? *sniff* I'm sorry, I'm not really in the mood to do any readings today." He wiped his eyes with an ornately decorated handkerchief, before turning to the woman and saying, "I'll come visit you sometime soon. Thank you for today." He slipped a few Large Coppers in the woman's hand, to which she put down her bosom before leaving.

"Customer, Fris? I came because the guild said someone needed a hug, Fris..."

"A hug?...Ah! Yes! I forgot about that, ha ha ha. Do come in, then, um...?"

"Hmm, Fris?"

The little fairy began flying deeper into the building, then tilted her head and looked at the fox-kin after he seemingly paused mid-sentence.

"Um, where are my manners, my name is Gerald Yule the Cardmaster. May I know the name of the cute little fairy before me?"

He bowed before her, as he introduced himself, then proceeded to sit down on a nearby sofa and patted the cushion next to him.

"Ah, Fris. I'm called Phinimimilomimo, Fris! Am I really cute, Fris?"

She flew up to Gerald's face and used her [Illusion] to make three of her, as they all bowed together. She then cancelled her spell and sat down beside the cardmaster. Gerald clapped his hands, applauding the little show he got to see, before turning to look at the little fairy and producing a melancholic smile.

"Oh, Phinimimilomimo...I am in a bit of a quandary...you see...I'm in love...but with more than one girl..."

"In love, Fris? You mean, you like something a lot, Fris? Like how I like eating acorns, Fris?"

"Ah, no, little one. I meant as in romantically..."

"Romantically...Fris?"

Phinimimilimimo tilted her head, not really understanding what love and romance was due to not being a species that procreated. Realising this, Gerald sighed, before giving a small smile.

"Don't mind it, Phini-chan, I just want someone to listen to my woes."

"Hmm, if you're okay with that, Fris."

"Okay, then. I suppose I should start by saying that I am not a male who enjoys the pleasure of just one female's company, but that of many different females at various times. The one you just saw was Giselle - who has said she won't be working for a while due to health reasons...Anyway! I've fallen in love with three of my partners and I can't decide which one to confess to..."

"Partners, Fris? Like a party to do quests, Fris?"

"...Yes, let's go with that, little one. There's Amalthia, the diviner who works on the other side of the district, Esmeralda and Beatrice."

"What do they do, Fris?"

The fox-kin scratched the back of his head, a little embarrassed, before answering:

"They, um...do lots of hands-on work...and entertain a lot of people in private..."

"Hmm...like a private show, Fris?"

"Yes! A private show of their skills! Well, you see, I can't decide which one of these lovely ladies I want to try going further with, but know that I can't stop seeing the other two."

Gerald sighed, to himself, knowing what a great dilemma he was in.

"Hmm...then why not partner with all of them, Fris?"

"Huh?"

"I've heard about how there have been adventurers joining in groups of up to 4 people or more for quests, so why not join up as a group, Fris?"

"...Maybe...?"

The cardmaster pondered over what had been said for a bit, before pulling out 3 different cards from his inner pocket; one had a black flower border with intricate writing on it; one had a red love heart and some lips on it; another had a white love heart and some lips on it. Phinimimilomimo flew over to look at the cards, but didn't manage to read them before Gerald put them back in his pocket - crying a little. Seeing him crying, the little fairy felt sad, and flew up to his wet, furry face and hugged him.

"There, there, Fris. Everything will be okay, Fris."

Gerald smiled, as he used his hands to delicately hug Phinimimilomimo back, seemingly soothed by her actions.

After spending a few hours listening to more tales of the cardmaster's lovers, and receiving many soothing hugs, as well as a few illusion acts from the little fairy, the sun had begun to set, and so Phinimimilimimo left the consoled fox-kin. She carried a discount card, given by Gerald, in her arms that read:

Diviner's Daring Divinations
    Free Coupon
    Present this to the Cardmaster, Gerakd Yule, and the holder of this card shall receive 1 free reading by him.

She then flew back to the guild, ready to write up her report and hand it in - making sure to have cast an [Illusion] to look like an orc so that the flying cats didn't notice her.
    Gerald got to pour out his woes of love to Phinimimilomimo and got many hugs from her, making him feel very content.
    Received a coupon for a free card reading by Gerald.
    @AliceShiki
    X

MaliMi likes this.
  14. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Arriving at the church Tera had a priest show him one of the holy symbols of the church. The symbol was a spiked sword in the centre of a circle. Tera proceeded to think about how exactly he was going to complete this quest. After all he had 0 experience in anything like it. The priest proceeded to throw a block of wood at Tera.

A few hours later Tera was still trying to carve out the symbol nicely with his claws, as he didn't have anything else to hand which he could use. The process of making the one symbol was an uphill battle as he was drawing the outline and was then going to remove the excess wood to make the symbol. The entire endeavour ended up taking roughly 15 hours in total. Tera began thinking that he was pretty dismal at this especially since so many others had close to a hundred in a day. He turned the single holy symbol in to the priest and left.
    Tera made 1 holy symbol cause he's really really bad at woodworking...
    "I don't think I should do anything with woodworking in it ever again."
    @Nurman

Nahrenne, AliceShiki, Ejsarv and 4 others like this.
  15. Nurman

Reading List:
    Link
    "Thank you very much for your hard work. Don't worry everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses, so don't be too hard on yourself."

"Here's 3 Small Copper Coins and 4 guild points, well somet-"

*A dashing young Ornithomimus stops by the counter nearby and gets rewarded for successfully carving 100 perfect holy symbols*

*cough* "
    Everyone has there own strengths and weaknesses..." *turns away*

16. WhitesRabbit48

WhitesRabbit48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Lethe ran up to the receptionist desk looking terrified and gasping for breath.*

"Librarians, back, they're back!"

To gather energy for what would surely be an arduous quest Lethe wandered over to the nearest library, found a nice corner, and took a quick (3 hr) nap. Now refreshed and ready to do some research the small rabbit-kin realized that the library was absurdly quiet and that Stealth Sleep had been activated over the course of her nap. Confused as to what dangers could possibly reside in such a tranquil place, she sat there pondering her next course of action. Realizing that “better safe than sorry” was a very applicable saying given the current situation, Lethe decided summoning Martin would be her first order of business.

Just as she prepared to fluff her Pillow, she heard a somehow familiar yet eerie noise. It almost sounded like, like what were they called again? They were lib-lib-lib somethings. Ugh. She couldn’t quite remember and had a feeling that this was something she shouldn’t be trying to remember. Regardless, that noise was getting closer and Lethe’s gut was not amused. It began tying itself in knots to protest Lethe’s inaction, which I can’t say helped the situation. In order to put a stop to her guts revolt and escape whatever was making that noise, Lethe started to roll as stealthily as possible towards the entrance in her sleeping bag. As she executed her *ahem* “stealth roll” the noise seemed to change. It transitioned from sounding something like the heavy, uneven breathing of some unknown entity to the sound of books falling off shelves.

Oh, dear me, it seemed that books actually were falling off their shelves! Erm, it seems that Lethe had, had some issues with her, um, stealth roll so… ya know… Either way, the noise had stopped as if listening for the source of the commotion while Lethe froze as she was-- completely covered in books. Whatever it was started to wander the through the rows of shelves: searching, seeking for the cause of the ruckus. Lethe held her breath, hoping and praying to whatever gods were out there that the lib-something wouldn’t notice her. From a small gap between the books, she saw it as it passed her by. Whatever it was, it was covered in a black cloak and left a trail of what seemed to be soil behind it. It slowly crept past Lethe’s location without pause, relentlessly continuing with its search. After what felt like an eternity, the creature gave up and left the premises.

Scrambling out from beneath the pile of books, Lethe dusted herself off and looked around to ensure the lib-something was well and truly gone. Satisfied with the results of her search she began perusing the shelves to find a book on herbs to gather more details on Henbane and where it grew. After a good 15 minutes of looking for something helpful, she came across Farris’s Fabulous Book of Foundational Herb Gathering by Farris Freed, which read “So easy a goblin could understand it” below said title. Feeling slightly belittled Lethe nevertheless opened the book to the Henbane section.

“Grows in sandy or loamy soil…” she muttered. “Loamy soil?!”

Lethe quickly made her way over to the trail of soil left by the mysterious creature. Looking more closely at it she realized it was, as a matter of fact, the aforementioned loamy soil! Lethe followed the trail to its origin: a large painting that said “DEFINITELY NOT A DOOR” on it. Figuring it was probably a door, she quickly fluffed her Pillow to summon Martin and gave the painting a mighty pull. Her pull ended up being a bit too mighty and, uh, dislocated the painting-door. Feeling slightly guilty for destroying public property, Lethe left a few small coppers in compensation before heading down the staircase that had been revealed. She sent Martin ahead to act as a scout and waited towards the bottom of the staircase preparing to receive his report. Not long after, he returned disclosing the current situation. There was only one room at the bottom of the stairs. There was no one inside but it was filled with Henbane.

Henbane? Why would it be filled with Henbane? Lethe thought.

Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, she made her way into the room. Following the book's recommendation, Lethe used Randal’s dagger to cut each stalk just below the eighth leaf, as Farris had noted “was customary for religious rituals and celebrations” and passed it to Martin to store. After emptying the room and gathering around 51 flowers (17 stalks) she carefully made her way back upstairs.

As she was passing by the checkout desk on the way out she noticed a dusty, aged name plaque. Taking a closer and giving it a quick rub, she realized it read “LIBRARIAN.” As if struck by lightning, Lethe suddenly realized what the creature had been: it was a librarian. They were back! Oh heavens, they had returned! As her memories came flooding back she had no idea how she or anyone else had forgotten the carnage the librarians had caused, but she had to let the guild know! For the (possibly) first time in her life, Lethe broke into a sprint, tearing towards the guild.

-The librarians are back and, for reasons unknown, are secretly growing Henbane in a hidden room in the library.
    -Lethe collected 51 flowers

@Nurman

17. Nurman

Reading List:
    Link
    Smiling very gently at the flustered rabbitkin and briefly flipping through the report, Fu's smile only grew wider and wider.

"Oh my, this report of yours, why does it sound so similar to this other report that I have here?"

Laughing menacingly, Fu brought out another report...
    • Books were thrown in disarray
    • History painting of great value was damaged
    • Henbane were stolen and damaged from underground plantation

"Now then my dear, what should we do? It seems that we have a nasty thief running amok in our library~"
    [​IMG]

18. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Rest in pieces wabbit))

19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Onions? Nice thinking for sure, excellent job Cinis-san~

You... Totally forgot to get rid of the catnip though, this forces me to slightly reduce your reward, as the cats might end up coming back to the house before Sasha-san does. Depending on how long the onion scent lasts.

You'll get 5 Large Copper Coins and 3 Guild Points. Be more careful next time~ *bows*

A5G_Reaper and Unreachable Hope like this.
  20. WhitesRabbit48

WhitesRabbit48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Once again woken up from her nap, Lethe ain't too happy. Hearing the friendly(?) and mighty receptionists questions Lethe is shooketh enough to forget her anger. Now slightly concerned, she offers up a rather clueless Martin in sacrifice (as manual labor for helping to regrow Henbane and clean up, obviously) hoping to appease the mighty receptionist. Realizing that, that might not be enough she also mutters a few simple words.*

"Help fix. Sorry. Please forgive."

*Feeling that, that still probably isn't enough Lethe is rather flustered. It seems like this friendly(?) receptionist might just be the mythical Supreme Librarian and she totes def does not want to stay on his bad side.*

"Ver' sorry. What else can do? Can help with somethin'? Anythin'? Promise I'm not tasty. Please don't eat."

*Not really sure what else she can offer Lethe stares at the receptionist hoping that it will be enough to appease his anger. Even refusing to give into the sweet call of sleep as she awaits his response.*