LCD The World of Otome Games is Tough For Mobs

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Scholar Occult Cauldron, Oct 15, 2018.

1. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you either die a Hypocrisy or live long enough to have stereotipical hero come-back.

GrimVeilRule likes this.
  2. GrimVeilRule

GrimVeilRule Dux Bellorum

Reading List:
    Link
    So I am actively starting to hate this novel. I dislike characters that don't kill but if they have the power to back it up I don't mind to much. But when they harp on not killing all the time it gets on my nerves. I mean come on so your lossing against multiple strong opponents, nope can't kill better pull a solution out of my .... that will give a satisfying conclusion to the fight.

3. Elkon

Elkon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, poor Leon, acting like a normal human being instead of those usual psychopaths that are summoned to another world or are reborn in a cultivation world. If/ when he kills someone there will probably be massive character development for him, so I'm fine with this.

Mors86 and Shadowhawkstar like this.
  4. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so you hate batman?

Shadowhawkstar, Cellan and Elkon like this.
  5. Cellan

Cellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow Leon is actually being so frustrating... he's just a regular person with no talent like the rest of us but he acts like a saint or like he's someone special like Batman... (^^ lol) god MC is such an unbearable hypocrite, if it weren't for the heroines I'd be outta here :rolleyes: Someone please tell me he doesn't keep acting like this and grows up

P.S. A normal person, when faced with the danger of your life vs anothers, you would obv prioritize your own even if it meant killing the other person, if anything it's abnormal to think about another person's life before your own esp for someone young like Leon. And it's obvious Leon isn't the type of person who could place anybody's life above his own, which is a completely normal and common human trait. Yes he is a coward who is prob afraid of killing rn, but it makes no sense to not do so when your life is at risk

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  6. Elkon

Elkon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is extremely uncommon for people to actually aim to kill unless they have been trained to kill or have killed multiple times before or are an absolute psycho. Even when people are cornered and about to be killed (which Leon wasn't yet, it was dangerous but not insanely bad) they generally aim to hurt the other person enough that they go away and not kill them. And if people didn't put others lives above themselves then what do you call all the people willing to sacrifice themselves for people that they care about?
    Leon is supposed to be a hypocrite but he would be even more of one if he started killing people, you know, like a psycho! Because it would be psychopathic due to Leon still having a decent amount of leeway and the morals of a normal modern day person in a first world country. If people acted like you are saying they do then serial killers would get killed a lot more often by their victims and they wouldn't have to train soldiers to, y'know, KILL.
    Maybe some cultivation novels would be more your style? A clan extermination or two perhaps? Or maybe an itesaki where the MC has no compunctions about killing everything because 'they are bad people'? Because if not then stop complaining about having a mostly normal person as an MC, and if so the go read that and stop whinging about not having a psychopath or a trained killer as an MC.

Mors86 likes this.
  7. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know it funny coming from ME of all people (since I probably keep flipping around my view point a few times already) but why are you guys being so heat up about Leon?

Firstly, people like Batman but can't stand Leon? I mean there are so many similarity between the two. They both exist in a world where there are flying talking vehicles, they both became millionaire since young, they both hypocrite that 'don't kill people' (we all know that there will be people dead when he drop all those armors and sink airships while Batman's pocket bomb and boomerang are obviously will kill the bad guys when they were left alone to bleed while Batman chasing the main villain) and finally they both will always pull out some Deus Ex Machina out of their ass when the time come since they 'can't kill the main villain' and got their table turn. They also both fight for their own selfish reason. Batman selfishly meddling in police business cause he want to be a 'hero of justice' and better future while Leon selfishly fight for his own form of 'justice' and his better future. One became one of the most loved super hero while the other is hated for being hypocrite weak shit? I got nothing to say more about this. Argue all you want, I see no different.

Second. Why do you guys want a logical mindset 'from your perspective' when this novel world 'world view' is already way WAY different from ours? It's like how you try to justify a dolphin raping a person. 'But hey, it rape her and didn't take responsibility for the child support!'. = ="a

RagnMunkeez and Shadowhawkstar like this.
  8. Elkon

Elkon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a... pretty interesting example you have there.

9. Cellan

Cellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wtf are you talking about? Killing someone to protect yourself from a dangerous situation (which Leon clearly was in here) is absolutely not a sign of psychopathy. You don't have to be a trained killer to have a determination to kill to protect your own life. I'm not saying that Leon should've been aiming to kill anyone who could've posed a risk to his life, I'm saying that he should have been resolved to do so the moment he obtained Luxon+ship and armory and started to actively affect the storyline of the game regardless of his intentions because it's obvious he's no longer just a mob at that point.

Again, just to make it clear since you seem to want to go off the deep end and start recommending clan extermination and massacre novels, that nowhere am I saying that Leon should be a killer or psychopath, just that he should have the determination to do what's necessary at this point considering how much he's fucked the main storyline of the original game over, his relationship with pivotal characters of the game, and his vast knowledge of the future.

Poor_Hero and GrimVeilRule like this.
  10. Delusion

Delusion Dark lord

Reading List:
    Link
    In normal situation, I hate beta MCs who don't kill even if they are in danger.
    But in this case, his course of action was fine. (Only limited to this case, if he ever shows signs of weakness- he can rest in multiple pieces).

For instance, if he killed the black knight, the enemy nation's citizens would have an objective to attack since their hero died a 'heroic death'. But since he is alive, it is pretty much a hero losing to a bunch of kids. That is a huge blow to morale

11. 1NEEDHEALING

1NEEDHEALING Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    leon need to suffer, i wonder who will be sacrifice
    he need to learn about pull out problem from root. sometime he need to kill

GrimVeilRule likes this.
  12. Cellan

Cellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk they're gonna go with that but thats a pretty fair point. Though even if he didn't have to kill he should have at least showed determination to do so at the very least to protect Anjie and Olivia, people he cares about, but from what we see he has absolutely zero determination, just being vague and saying "I have to stop him here!" Obviously it's a novel so things work out but realistically, I feel like it's unreasonable for something like that to work out that conveniently.

13. Delusion

Delusion Dark lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I would also have liked it if he atleast showed determination

GrimVeilRule likes this.
  14. Elkon

Elkon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, I feel that it would have been more realistic if Leon used Luxon to scare the enemies with the wall of lasers when his cockpit was cut through, or gotten Luxon to evacuate them. But we all know that Leon is actually a real softie and he feels responsible for others even when he shouldn't be so he didn't even (properly) think of ditching the other students.

15. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Batman is the biggest joke of the internet lol

Poor_Hero and GrimVeilRule like this.
  16. GrimVeilRule

Reading List:
    Link
    I do think Batman is overrated. But I don't mind non-killing MC IF they met 2 requirements. 1 they have to have the skill and power to do so. I don't mind Superman not killing. I think Batman is skilled enough to not kill. 2 and this is the big one not harping on not killing all the time. If batman was like "I can't kill" in every fight I'd hate him to. but all Leon does is whine every fight about it and his power isn't his skill it's the robot that's why I'm starting to hate him.
    *edit I don't want him a homicidal murderer like I won't mind if in the fight the enemy ran away and he didn't chase them.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  17. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But the thing that most reader overlook is the mental burden of 'murder'. If you keep looking from reader's perspective then there's consequence-free view point where we can say 'Fuck it! Kill them all! Don't be a PUSS!' all we want but from a modern person's perspective, it's a very PTSD inducing thing. If you go and read some story of the people who 'kill another person in self-defense', a lot of them does get PTSD and nightmare from the guilt afterward even if the 'kill' is legitimate and there's nothing wrong. We didn't born in a world where it's kill or be killed and Leon is the same. Taking the first step in killing for 'modern person' mindset is a heavy step. Most people just don't get this point and keep yapping on just because Leon is scared to take a life himself knowingly.

In a sense, it's true that being a wuss in life or death situation can be annoying from reader perspective but I think the author (if he really did aim at this) really nail the 'modern JP reincanated' personality correctly.

18. GrimVeilRule

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree in a life and death fight all your thinking about is not dying. Especially as a "modern person" who never had to fight. but when leon's suit was ripped open. as a "modern person" he should be scared and trying no to die. And if you say he's use to fighting enemies trying to kill him then he shouldn't have trouble killing.

19. Jumboshrimp98

Jumboshrimp98 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it might have better storywise if he tried to kill but couldn't due to fear of killing rather than not even considering it from the get go. In other words, the no killing policy could have been executed in a more relatable way.

20. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said, currently you are viewing this from a consequence-free reader position (well, you AND me both). The first thing in life-death situation is not killing but not freaking die, a.k.a. GTFO of that place. Basic human instinct is not freaking kill another but to run away. The way that Leon didn't panic and ran like a headless chicken is prove that he unconsciously didn't see it as truly hopeless. In my books, there are only those who are truly cornered by death would kill in a panic otherwise they would run and can still maintain their reasoning to a certain extent. As long as he still have Luxeon, I don't think he will truly believe that he can't get out of any situation. He got blind trust in Luxeon and therefore could stubbornly hold on to his believe of hypocrite. The fear of taking life is still stronger that his fear of death purely due to Luxeon.