Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. lazyredragon

lazyredragon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    then come at thee bro! i shall engulf thee in my flames!

2. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    *looks at Lazyredragon with a shining shimmering and glittering eyes*

yay I can now have a portable stove!!!

3. maevalily

maevalily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, my nickname is Mimi
    I like to read (too much), play the piano, game and go dancing sometimes. I pretty much work for my hobbies
    My reading choices are pretty eclectic, but I don’t like tragedy or harem and am 120% fujoshi ☺️ I also like to read good stories with OP male protagonists without romance and system novels, world hopping stuff and creepy horror stories rather than gore.
    One of my favorite web novels of all time is “My House of Horrors” and my current favorite bl would have to be “Who Touched My Tail“
    Nice to meet everyone!

I have to confess, the reason I became interested in the forums is because I accidentally came across a thread shipping @Tony and @Das and thought everyone was pretty funny

Dark drealmi, Nyann, Arexio and 2 others like this.
  4. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to NUF and have fun

hmm bl novels? Try to look at @alexfilia's signature and blog you might find something good there

maevalily likes this.
  5. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

Anyways, welcome to the forums!

Nyann, Arexio, Moonpearl and 2 others like this.
  6. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    hahahhahaha best reason for this I've heard yet

Nyann, Arexio and maevalily like this.
  7. Ehao_Truth

Ehao_Truth Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Ehao
    Hobbies: I like to stare at the blank monitor on my desk and considers the meaning of life, the universe, and everything. And no, I didn't end up with 42 as the answer.

Arexio, Moonpearl and Das like this.
  8. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the Forum

9. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello my namae-coughs out the weeb virus name is [REDACTED] you just call me BOI. I am a pro lurker and although messages from time to time I have never reached out to this community (ffs I follow 0 people). My hobbies are anime manga,novels,games, and masturb-cough practicing magical hand techniques in my small abode. I will read anything interesting if it doesn't have gay shit(come at me fujoshis).

Arexio likes this.
  10. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the forum

11. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    Aight @Nyan sempai get ready to fight... on my go, no holds bar. remember keep it dirty, and cheap shots are worth extra points... READY... GO!

Nyann likes this.
  12. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    *is behind on welcoming people because life*

Welcome to the forum~! I hope you've managed to find the BL community.

Welcome to the forum~! What sort of novels do you like?

:blob_catflip:
    Surprise! You expected an attack from a Wild Fujoshi, but it was in fact a Himejoshi~!

Welcome to the non-shadows of NUF. :blob_pompom:

maevalily and Arexio like this.
  13. Arexio

Arexio Blob Fanatic | AG Player

Reading List:
    Link
    BOI!

I just wanted you to know I struggled over whether I should've liked your post or not.

I found it absolutely hilarious from beginning to end, but I felt semi-guilty about liking it bc I like reading gay shit. But then I read your post again, LOLed again, and then said fuck it. That is all.

P.S. - I'm sorry BL community. Pls don't hate me. You're the only ones I have. :notlikeblob:

P.P.S. - Maybe you just haven't found the right BL for you. I recommend The Earth is Online; it only has like 5% gay-ness.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    Nyann likes this.
  14. Arexio

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Mimi,

We share a lot of the same taste in novels! What kind of BLs do you like? Fantasy? How about apocalypse?

Also, sounds like you like non-romance Shounen like me. And what kind of system novels? Like VRmmorpg types? Bc I have a LOT of recs for you if that is a yes.

Even though I'm new-ish too, glad to have you here!

maevalily likes this.
  15. ImScarie

ImScarie New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Um hello, everyone here can call me Scarie.
    My name's a joke you see because I am always the one getting scared by stuff. Haha.

As for hobbies I generally play games online, I enjoy a lot of music(Of various kinds.), I also enjoy watching anime and recently I have been devoting a decent amount of time to reading, which is what lead to me making this account today. Oh and cowering in the corner of course. Haha.

My two favorite novels are as follows:

Dungeon defense- This was actually my first novel and is what lead me to start to become interested in reading on this site. I really enjoyed the novel itself as well!

Dungeon Hunter- This was my second novel to read and it is still my personal favorite, it introduced me to novels with game elements and it also had a premise that interested me.

I personally enjoy fantasy, action, reincarnation, game elements, transported to another world, and second chance when it comes to novels. (First two are genres, the rest are tags.)

Sorry if I did this wrong at all.
    Also, I apologize for the 'Haha's earlier. It is a habit that I type in place of awkward laughter.

Thank you for letting me take up some of your precious time.

Moonpearl and Arexio like this.
  16. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh, I didn't know we had a thread like this. Nevertheless, I suppose I should get on with my (rather late) introduction.

The name's jbturkle. Nice to meet you. I've actually been reading novels for quite some time, but only got a NU account a few months back. I also only started being active on NUF a little while back as well. My first introduction to the novel world was Oregairu, though I'd been watching anime and reading manga for a while before that. I later was introduced to CNs through Cultivation Chat Group and KNs through LMS.

My hobbies are reading, being lonely, painting, devouring the souls of pitiful children, and procrastinating. I mostly read novels with male leads, but over a wide variety of genres. I read action, mystery, shounen, romance, seinen, slice of life, wuxia, xianxia, supernatural, horror, and psychological novels. Currently, my favorite genre is magical realism.

My favorite JN is Konosuba. My favorite CN is A Will Eternal. My favorite KN is Invisible Dragon the Novel's Extra.
    My favorite manhua is Volcanic Age. My favorite manhwa is the Breaker. My favorite manga is BnHA.

My ideal novel would be character-oriented novel that strays from the normal cliches.

A final note: plz help mah lonely self.

That's all, folks!

Moonpearl and Arexio like this.
  17. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the forum
    you might like reading
    Overlord
    Youjo Senki

Welcome to the forum
    hmm try reading The Amber Sword, Rakuin no Monshou

Arexio likes this.
  18. maevalily

maevalily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank youuu hehe my tastes are really eclectic so I don’t really know how to classify the stuff I like. I’m always curious about new stuff, as long as it’s well written and translated. I’m generally more biased towards comedy or stories with comedic undertone that I’d sometimes forgive the plot or some stupid things in it.
    For example I looked through “cute children” tags and read “Hidden Marriage” these past few days and I liked it cause it was really ridiculous at times and the Little Bun was so adorable (I’m also biased towards cute children as you can see). There were loads of nonsensical stuff and since it’s so long, there were many parts that I just skimmed over if it got a bit boring. But all in all it was cute and gave me a good laugh, so I was able to turn a blind eye to some annoying details

I do like fantasy and apocalypse and I’ve liked many types of system novels, as long as they’re interesting. I just don’t like if the characters are too stupid or racist or abusive to weaker people or if it’s too sad.

I would looooooove recommendations since I love to read in my free time and I read so fast that I usually run out of stories to read

Arexio likes this.
  19. Arexio

Reading List:
    Link
    Arawn, you're here too? Haha jk, you're JBTurkle here.

Uh, let's see. I'd super ditto @Raneday 's rec for the Amber Sword. That world building is pretty high fantasy-esque. I've heard great things about Rakuin too.

Magical realism - not too versed in that genre. Your favorite is already The Novel's Extra.

JP novels? Hahaha. No offense to anyone. Hahaha.

As for CNs, my friend Squad swears by the classic Martial World (even over the new sequel). I personally think you'd really enjoy the humor in The Legendary Mechanic, where MC pretends to be an NPC.

For KNs, King of the Battlefield is a good ol' growth novel. My ALL TIME favorite is Praise the Orc though. There's just a bunch of moments that hit you both in the feels and in the gut (*ahem*, end of 1st arc). Highly, highly recommend if you haven't read.

If you want unconventional, if you haven't already been reading TCF, you're doing something wrong. That novel is HOT FIRE rn.

As for BL...oh sorry, force of habit. Well, if you're ever interested, like I said earlier The Earth is Online is great bc it's 95% plot and the apocalypse-game world they have going on is pretty incredible. The summary is meh, but the actual novel is excellent.

That's all I have off the top of my head.

Guess I'll see you again in AG! Peace!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    jbturkle and SquadCammander354 like this.
  20. Arexio

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome Scarie!

You HAVE to read Praise the Orc if you haven't already. That's my favorite VR novel. KOTB and SSN are similar to your favorites.

If you're down to try western fantasy, The Ironteeth: A Goblin's Tale on RRL is great. It's gritty and hilarious as MC is a goblin learning to be a bandit scout.

Oh speaking of grit and pure despair, Reincarnator is a CLASSIC if you haven't read that yet. I feel pity for MC every time I mention the novel. Sigh*

Haha you don't have to thank me for my time; that's easily expendable. Your comment reminds me though of similar statements I'd put at the end of important emails back in college. Oh, good times.

Anyway, that's all I got. Welcome again!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019