Discussion Why Time Travel is Bad

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by LivingCorpse, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Across

Across Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is indeed dangerous! Much more that we dont know anything about it ahh.

2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh you used the same time machine as the one from Moteki
    I guess it makes sense
    For poor commoners like us, it is the only time machine that we can afford

upload_2019-2-11_23-57-37.png
    upload_2019-2-11_23-59-6.png

What would you tell your young self? I would tell him to buy Apple or Google stocks
    wait no.. Alibaba stocks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  3. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Say do you also have a blue colored robot cat?

LivingCorpse likes this.
  4. GinDole

GinDole Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Time traveling is a bad idea. Either you go back in time and kill civilizations because you carried the viruses and bacteria of your present time, or you go to the future and immediately die because your immune system isn't used to future bacteria invading it. Legends say the only reason the black plague even began was because some asshole time traveler came and introduced the virus to the natives.

5. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your idea is equivalent to wasting sperm cells in said timelines parallel to other timelines. That said, yes. In that world, you are eating someone or likely your ancestors. The bigger question is does it count as cannibalism or not? Hmm~

6. novaes

novaes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The chances of that happening shouldn't be that high, really. Our ancestors probably survived all that nasty stuff, passed on their survival genes and our ImmuneSystem version 999,999+ could smash those old bugs to bits anyway. Things like bacteria are pretty specialized, too, so they might have trouble crossing the species barrier to modern humans, a species that doesn't even exist in that timeline.

More likely to get some homer simpson sneezing on dinosaurs thing since we are covered and filled with billions of these nasties as we are essentially a mobile bacterial colony. Plus a few other little parasites that might make life hell for things in the past, since none of them have ever seen them before in colonial era disease style. I'm not really well read on dinosaur immune systems but I assume ours are way better.

7. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    But we are already ruled by lizard people. Don't believe me? Look at Queen Elizabeth, George Bush Junior and Mark Zuckerberg.

8. Scandalf

Scandalf ~Blood Raven~

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, yeah. But I would gladly take inbreeding that'd happened hundreds of thousands of years ago than thinking I share the same ancestors with some monkey. I refuse to think that I could be a monkey right now, if just one little thing went wrong on my ancestors path to evolution. Call it a pride thing

9. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that time travel is cool but it shouldnt be used.

If a small event is changed then it can effect a whole lotta people. For example, if I where to kill baby hitler than the geneva convention wouldnt exist and that would lead to "inhumane" wars.

The thought that killing baby hitler does more harm then good fucks with me too.

Also, I believe that there are multiple realities. One where baby hitler did get merked and another where he lived to become a asswipe.

Time travel for me looks like this:

1. Travel through time
    2. Change something
    3. That adds makes a new line off the timeline
    4. There are now 2 realities
    5. The new reality patches off to different lines while you live the events in the main timeline.
    I could be wrong but this is my opinion

10. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. GiovanniFaust

GiovanniFaust Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not actually bad. Remember Back to the Future and all that? It's just it's a common trick for bad writers. They can't use their imagination really.

12. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Time travel has another thing many people don't consider. The earth isn't in the same place you're traveling to. You go back in time 100 years off where you are currently standing. There is a good chance you'll just port yourself into empty space~

Aquaa likes this.
  13. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    There are many ways time travel can work, for example any time travel event can cause the universe to essentially split into another one where the time travel happened while the original one remains normal. Another thing is that universe actively corrects itself by essentially removing the cause of time travel, like say,
    person A time traveled
    person A killed the ancestor of all land organisms
    person A, being a land organism as humans are a part of the group, never exists now and thus cannot time travel in the first place.
    As he cant, he cannot fck up past events.
    Time travel never happens and this also kind of explains directionality of time.