Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist's Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Jan 28, 2019.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    You... Used a rapier to carve wood?

Well, never say adventurers aren't creative in solving their problems... Good job anyways Elaine-san~

The reward will be of 7 Large Copper and 2 Small Copper coins. As well as 4 guild points of course.

Take care~

2. WhitesRabbit48

WhitesRabbit48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Those librarians are scary af and if it's Fu's library... Looks like it's time to come up with a new charater...))

3. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    My my... Those were some... Very unusual woes.

Well, a job well done is a job well done. Your reward are 3 Large Copper coins and 4 guild points~

Take care~

Nahrenne likes this.
  4. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    Bring his palm up to hide his mellowing smile, Fu took in a deep breath and thought to himself whether he should take her home... Looking at the diligent Aria working down the counter, he restrained his urge to monopolise cute fluffy things he changed into a stern expression before dropped his palm.

"Well since this was your first offence I'll let it slip... As only 30 flowers were reported missing I'll only give you 105 Small Copper Coins for the 21 flowers, which will be 10 Large Copper and 5 Small Copper Coins. Also one guild point will be deducted from the total 4, hence you will only receive 3 guild points."

Softening his expression, Fu placed a book on Lethe's head and warned, "Take this book and reflect on your actions, I'll cover the expenses just this once so please be more careful next time."

Smiling again, Fu thought to himself that teasing Lethe might become an addicting bad habit.

101 ways to skin and prepare a rabbit

MaliMi, A5G_Reaper, Ejsarv and 3 others like this.
  5. WhitesRabbit48

WhitesRabbit48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Starring at the saintly receptionist with wide, shining eyes, Lethe doesn't even know where to put her hands and feet. Feeling overwhelmed with gratitude she attempts to give him a hug.*

"Will definitely still help clean up!"

*Remembering the book that had been handed to her, she nods her head seeming to understand something."

"Find it slightly distasteful but will find and bring rabbit delicacy for Supreme Lib, uh, Receptionist to eat."

*Having said the (probably) longest sentence in all her life Lethe can't stand the tiredness any longer. And, in the usual fashion, falls asleep right where she stands.*

6. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    "So we have to go incognito~ Interesting~"

Elaine had changed her outfit.

"Do I need to change? Black cuirass is everywhere."

Elaine smiled and proceed to stab him

"Uhm..."

Elaine stares at the gourd helmet.

"Oh. Right. Sometimes I forgot I had this on." He sounds genuine, at least. "Let me find somewhere to store it first. Where do we meet?"

"Maybe at the city gates in...dunno, 30 minutes?"

Thirty minutes later, a man came upon the city gate.

"....."

Elaine obliviously glanced around.

"Let's go?"

That got the jump out of her. [redacted] hair, looking middle-late [redacted], [redacted] skin tone, and a [redacted] along with it. He seemed rather [redacted]. With his blade stored presumably where he kept the gourd, he was plain enough to be missed among the crowd.

"Since we're doing some unlegal stuff, let's walk on the smaller roads."

Elaine smiled as she proceeds to get them lost in the forests.

"Remind me why we're doing things that people would remember when asked?"

He muttered after pulling Elaine off another circular route. It took so much longer than normal travelling where they'd meld into the background simply by being normal.

"It seemed cooler this way."
    Elaine blushed.

"How do you even managed to return to town everytime?" He shook his head. The girl's hopelessly blind when it comes to navigating the woods.

"I only get lost when it comes to going new places. Otherwise, my sense of direction is flawless."

Elaine puffs up her pitiful chest proudly.

"The last person who told me that was found dead half a kilometer from the jungle outpost he's stationed at for two years after getting lost during a night."

"Mouuuu..."

Elaine sulks.

"Anyway, let's hurry! I can't shout this time, though..."

"Are you sure you should be moving around now? Well, I'm the last person who should tell you that..."

"It's fine, probably. The wounds weren't that deep, and I've already rested up plenty on my way back. It won't hamper my fighting ability, at least."

They spent several days through the forest for no particular reason, setting traps for hares for meals. By the time they left it he'd pat any pursuer a job's well done if they're still tracked back to the guild.

The two rested in a guesthouse on the way just before they reach Seditio's border, in which they need to climb through a mountain to find their client's village.

"Mountain's over there, half a day walk I think? We need to cross... that one if the map's accurate."

"Let's not get caught by border guards."

Elaine tossed her guild badge into her backpack.

"...you wore that all the way here? The answer better be no."

He rubbed his temple. "Well, I'm confident on avoiding them on our way in. Not sure of our chances for the return trip with our baggage, but we should be able to silence them and be gone by the time anyone notice their disappearance."

"Teehee~"

Elaine giggles.

"I mean, since the country is the midst of civil strife, I think we can silence a few border patrols on the way back. For now, we're just tourists~"

"Murdertourist." He deadpanned. "Let's get moving."

"I prefer the term peacekeeper. But let's go~"

"Step lightly, mind the branches. We could leave less mess if we take that path... Careful now, I think we're entering their border."

The first two days of mountain climbing was quite uneventful, with the man teaching Elaine how to leave less trace when moving through the wilderness. She's no longer the equivalent of a boar going through pottery shop by the end of it, that's good enough for him.

Then things started getting interedting once they crossed into the border. Aside from remaining unseen they had to avoid traps laid for people - most likely to prevent the citizens from leaving. They almost blundered straight into a pitfall, for one. That would break several bones if there's no sharpened stake at the bottom, which he seriously doubt.

After a close run-in to a mountain patrol, they arrived at the village in question. Probably. All villages looked about the same. They just need to knock on a certain house and hope that it's really their client inside.

"Ready when you are."

Elaine randomly knocked on a door.

"Hello? We're here to receive a delivery."

He almost fell over as he hurried to Elaine's side.

"Delivery from mister Doremi, I heard he's hurt?" No choice but to play along.

"Eh? He doesn't even live here. Doremi was arrested few days ago, he tried to desert the country. The border patrols are too much! We can hardly hunt with all those traps out there and they extort us if we even cross path in the mountain!"

"I... see. Where is he kept?"

"There's a small guardshouse where they keep prisoners. Is he your friend? Perhaps you could bail him out."

"Yeah, I'll keep that in mind."

The moment the door closed,

"Elaine, seriously? We don't know who's friendly in here. Heck, that guy could be calling the guards once we're away."

"Eh, I thought that if I mentioned a package, the guy would recognize that we're here to get him out, while the others would think that we simply got the wrong house."

Elaine shrugs.

"Anyway, he's jailed now. What should we do? Another great escape?"

"Let's just break him out. Shouldn't be that hard, I doubt they'd assign real soldiers to this middle of nowhere."

"Hm, let's cause a huge breakout while we're at it. Makes it more difficult to trace things back to us."

Elaine grins, drawing her blades.

"No. Slit their throat in the night." He draws a finger through his neck. "We'd be gone for days before the news got out and even longer for any response to be mustered. I'd suggest to kill the previous guy to clean up loose ends, but I think you'll complain about it."

"Okay~ In that case, let's wait until night to start~ Meanwhile, we'll have dinner~"

Elaine begun searching for a place that sold food.

There was a bar of sort that sold very plain food and ale which taste similar to dead rat marinated in water. The man just munch on some stale bread without drinks while waiting for nightfall, painfully aware that they gathered some attention simply by being strangers. He didn't bring the broken blade for how notable it was, but even then someone in full cuirass wasn't a plain sight in the mountain village. Elaine too, received catcalls from some of the younger bumpkins.

Elaine ignored all of it, and finished her sandwiches quickly.

"Time to go~ Ehehe~"

She patted her wooden hairpin, and wondered how they were going to get to the jail in question. Seeing a beggar on the otherwise empty street, she placed a small copper into his bowl.

The man glanced at her, then at the hairpin in particular, before smiling.

"Go ahead, little lady. Ask me any question."

"Uhm...Okay? Then, how do we get to the jail without being seen?"

The smile deepened.

"That's easy. Here..."

He whispered something in her ear.

Someone gourdless watched incredulously at how Elaine suddenly got buddy-buddy with a beggar. She won't get stabbed, would she? It's hard to prevent that from his current position...

Elaine comes back over looking mystified.

"Well, the beggar just told me how to get to the jail unseen, so I guess we'll go there now~"

"How'd you be sure..?"

"It's worth a try, we gain a lot if it's right and we lose nothing if it's false~ Also, I'm a good judge of character~"

Elaine smiled.

The barrack was a medium-sized building that housed about a hundred men. These weren't the village garrison which would be overkill, instead they're sent to patrol the border to prevent desertion. The people manning it were normally the troublesome sorts that got practically banished, having no chance at promotion. Thus they're violent, bitter, and generally unpleasant to be around at best.

"There, the night patrol just left. Twenty people divided into two groups I think? We could strike the barrack now and ambush them when they return."

Elaine thought about it.

"They're probably in there drinking their senses out, let's wait a few more minutes for them to all be drunk, then we can go in~"

"Sure. We should be hidden from sight then." Finding a dark corner to sit, he waited.

Elaine waited a few more hours, then happily opened the door, and went in.

The men were all drunk and sleeping, so she grinned and motioned for her partner to come in.

"Is there no limit to how carefree you are?" He inquired as he strolled in, seeing that everyone's, surprisingly, asleep. Well, some groggily tried to wake up but a knife to the throat ended that attempt.

"Let's get to work."

Grabbing a random fruit knife and a wiping rag from the table, he covered a sleeping man's mouth from behind while simultaneously stabbed him through the neck. After five seconds of deathly gurgle he moved onto the next... and next... and next...

Elaine in the meantime went down to the cells, and realised that she'd forgotten their client's name, so...

"Mr Dormammu, we've come to spring you~"

The jail cell came alive immediately.

"Free us, girl! We've been held here for weeks! Those bastards arrested us for no reason, then starved us every so often! Please let us out!"

"Okay, okay, calm down. We've killed all the guards upstairs, so we have some time~ meanwhile, one of you requested for a delivery service~ Which one of you is Mr Dormammu?"

"That'll be me...and my name is Doremi."

The guy in a solitary cell spoke.

"Ah, so you're Mr Dormammu! Very well then, I'll unlock your door~"

She unlocked every single cell door.

"There's weapons upstairs, just take them off the dead soldiers. We took out half the batch, but the rest are still out on night patrol~ It'll be troublesome for all of us if they survived, so I hope you will lend us your cooperation~"

Elaine smiles cheerfully.

A wooden spoon slightly splattered in blood clonked the back of Elaine's head.

"It's Doremi and he's supposed to be injured badly in the leg." He popped into the confinement rooms just as Elaine finished freeing the prisoners, who mostly recoilled from the stench of blood wafting from the hall. Some actually vomitted on spot.

"Aye, that be me." There was a voice from one of the cell, where a man laid on bed with a splint bandaged over his right leg. "Stepped into a pitfall in the mountain, it broke quite badly."

"No problem, we'll get you out of here." He then turned and calmly addressed the other prisoners. "You lot better be gone within five minutes or I'll add you to the body pile."

Elaine tilted her head.

"Are we not killing the other group that went out on night patrol?"

"We are, but you freed them out of the cells so might as well get them out of the way first. We'll need a stretched for our client too." He glanced at the living area. "Some broomstick or staff and a sheet would do."

"Aww, I was hoping they could help us kill the guards, but nevermind~"

Elaine looks around and find a few blankets.

"See how of them vomited just from the stench? They'll be no use."

After removing some spearheads and tying the blankets on it, they got an acceptable stretcher to move the client. He complained but eventually agreed to be carried on until they crossed the mountain, after which he would walk with a stick. That business done, now they had to arrange the ambush to ensure its success.

They first killed all the light within the barrack, plunging it into total darkness. Then Elaine waited inside while her partner stayed out, their eyes slowly getting used to the low light as time passed. About midnight the first patrol returned, a bit suspicious that there were no torchlight but were sloppy enough to assume that their compatriot were too drunk to refill the light.

He casually strolled to the back of the group, a sword and a knife "borrowed" from the local border patrol in hand. As the first patrol member entered he started butchering from behind, going through three men before the rest even realized what happened. Two more fell gurgling with throat cut before they screamed, that would be Elaine's signal to strike as the men fumbled between retreating from him and drawing their own weapon. The casual ease in which he parried and run the closest man through only adding to the terror they felt...

Elaine stepped out of the darkness, having adjusted to the lack of light, and begun sticking the guards in the throat with her rapiers, causing their screams to quickly die out.

"I'm really, really sorry about this, but you have to die anyway, so don't hold it against me, 'kay? Plus, with the way you were treating those poor men, you ought to have expected this, no?"

Since her partner was outside and the client was safely waiting downstairs, she took out both rapiers and begun spinning wildly, cutting and dicing. It was rather simple, as the enemies were busy panicking, or just couldn't catch her in the darkness.

"Who are you people?!"

"Hmm~ you're going to die so it doesn't matter, but you can call me, uhm...Nobody!"

She grinned in the dark.

"Doubt that'd work twice." He said, stabbing a maybe-not-dead man in the heart. Didn't twitch, so probably dead for real. "The next group would smell the blood before they get close. We'd probably see them when they get closer with how many torches they bring, should we hit them in the woods?"

"Hai, hai~ Meanwhile, to make things easier, should I set the building on fire?"

"Ah, that's a good idea. It'd be a distraction when we kill the other group and destroy evidences too. Let's toss the bodies in there first." He started to drag the nearest corpse and randomly tossed it into the building. "Say, did you check the captain-or-whatever-officer's quarter? They usually keep the soldiers' pay there."

"Already did. Here you go~"

She hands over 3 Large Copper coins to Jack, before dragging in more bodies. Soon enough, they had finished and she tossed a burning torch into the pile, setting it alight.

"Let's go."

"No wonder they receive bribes. Their pay is absolute shit."

They casually carried the stretcher with mister Doremi, well out of the village by the time people started to notice the arson. They let the man down behind some bushes as they spotted a small group of torches closing quickly at running speed.

"I'll take point, as usual."

Hiding by the side of the trail, he burst out on the last possible second and slain two confused men. The rest were breathing rapidly from the run and wasn't all that experienced in combat anyway, a third were down by the time weapons were out.

"Nothing personal, my friends." He said casually. "It's just good business."

Elaine agreed cheerfully, weaving between the panicked men and disarming them all with well-timed kicks to the family jewels, and once the whole group were groaning on the floor, she proceeded to kill them swiftly, piercing them through the back of the throats with her rapiers.

"That is all, I think?" He said, carving out a massive 'REVENGE FOR SMITH' in the middle of the trail. No way people would miss it. "Now then, let's get out of this country. Mind the traps."

"And so the trip draws to a close~ See y'all next time~"

Elaine curtsies to no one in particular, before picking up her end of the stretcher.

The return trip took twice as long due to the injured client even after accounting Elaine blundering in a circle early on, and the fact that their speed picked up unce he's dropped at Asphodelus, but it's otherwise a quiet one.
    -Gourd gained 3 large copper coins. Elaine got the rest however much.
    -Elaine feels so much like Alice in this quest.

"Yoohoo, we've taken the client to Asphodelus. Got a tiny little trouble with local authority but we've dealt with that flawlessly." A gourd entered the guild and slapped a report down on Fu's desk. @Nurman @Haxagen

Nurman, AliceShiki and Haxagen like this.
  7. Nurman

Reading List:
    Link
    Fu picks up and reads the report.

*sighs*

Looks at Mr. Gourd.

*sighs*

Rereads the report.

*sighs*

Turns to Elaine.

*sighs*

"Why don't you two start your own touring agency, you've already got the perfect name, Murdertourist Inc."

Fu takes out a newspaper from Seditio and points at the headline, Subscribe to Pewdiepie.

"Whoops." Fu moves his finger up, SEDITIO WARS - RETURN OF THE SMITH!?.

- A short statement from one of the very few (only) surviving guard, "And we would have captured those traitors too if it weren't for that [redacted] [redacted] Smith and his [redacted] [redacted]."

"Good job, you guys have just started a new folklore about a murderous Smith roaming the mountains. The rebels also jumped the gun and have already flamed this rumour which is now it's causing a huge commotion for the Seditio officials. Please apologise to all off the non-murderous Smiths out there, couldn't you have used a name like Shad12ow or something? You got something against poor old Smith?"

Not giving them time to respond Fu passed over the 20 Large Copper Coins to split and 4 points each then proceeded stormed off to the back office.

---

Opening up the back window Fu noticed a beggar hunched over laughing to himself, wasting no time Fu collected a bowl of salt and started throwing salt at the beggar.

"Oi! Li'ill Fufu, cha not res'pect'n cha eld'rs ag'in."

Visibly agitated Fu complained, "What respectable elder dresses up as a hobo in the middle of nowhere and gives random people advice on how to infiltrate a secure government facility unheard and unnoticed? I bet that the Smith rumour blowing up is your doing as well. And rid yourself of that disgusting accent, it's difficult for me to edit and for readers to read. So why are you here?"

"tsk, I'm just having a bit of fun on the way back, besides, I owe kindness a favour and that lil' lass-"

Interrupted by a face full of salt he heard Fu repeat, "Why. Are. You. Here?"

Loosening his shoulders, he patted the excess salt off his beard and said, "I've got news for Leonhart..."

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  8. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    "...he seems mad." The gourd scratched his head.

@Haxagen

AliceShiki and Nurman like this.
  9. MrAconter

MrAconter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [Gather up to 3 Daturas]
    I wen´t out out of the Adventurer´s guild into town and bought a box big enough to Carry the three plants in (I spend 1 Big copper coin on it).

I went out of the north entrance of the town to find said Darutas herbs for his Gardens.
    As i wen further up north i found some villagers on the road and asked them if there were any places nearby that grew "Daturas" herbs, they knew a forest nearby that had some of them but warned me that there were some goblins sightings in the last days and that they stole some chickens.

I thanked them and went on my way, as i approached the forest i readied my bow and put an arrow on the spring.
    It took me a couple of hours to find one of the "Daturas" herbs but it was only a small plant nothing more than a budding seedling, i dug some earth out and placed the seedling into my box.
    I went on my way and spotted an "Goblin Scout" i hid myself in the shadow and followed it.
    I saw three goblins around a bonfire and the chicken that the villagers said was stolen.
    I placed the box behind a tree picked up a stone and climbed atop the tree.
    I waited until one of the Goblins went away and threw the stone next to one Goblin.
    As he went the other way i shot my bow at the Goblin which stood still and hit him right between the Eyes, it did not even get the chance to scream.

I drew the next Arrow and shot at the Goblin which turned away.
    I only hit his shoulder as it turned around, it squealed and ran as fast as it could.
    As best i could drew the next Arrow and shot at it again and it finally fell as i hit its backside.
    I went into the Goblin Camp and looted what i could find, i found a stone knife a wooden spear with something at its tip what which i did not even want to know what it was and threw it into the wildness.
    I went to collect the two arrows from the dead goblin and found another "Daturas" herb and but it into my box alongside some new earth.

As i was about the leave the Chicken made some noise and as i turned around i saw a goblin running at me so i drew my sword and after a couple of back and forth with the Goblin it lay in the dirt in more than one piece.
    I took my herb box and the Chicken box with me and wen to the Village that was on the way and returned their Chicken to them.
    As i told them that one "Daturas" herb was still missing a old granny in the Village showed me a stream nearby and when i saw that there were about 6 to 7 on each side of the river i thanked the granny and put another one into my box.
    I stayed it the Village for the night and Returned to the City and brought the Plants to the Guild/Client
    @AliceShiki

MaliMi likes this.
  10. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    "He'll be fine~"

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  11. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    "Murdertourist Inc. eh?"

AliceShiki and Haxagen like this.
  12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, it seems like you did everything smoothly, good thing the goblins weren't much of a problem to you~

Then the reward will be 10 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points. Good luck on your future quests~

((*pokes @A5G_Reaper* You got your Daturas I guess! ^^)/))

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  13. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking over the bounty for goblins Left ear Tera realises that this is the main sort of thing that he is going to end up doing. After all it's something that he can actually competently complete unlike GODDAMNED WOODWORKING! Anyway Tera heads out of the city with his backpack fully stocked up to go hunting goblins near the realm of Lady Penelope Oxbow. Tera begins his journey by going around and collecting eggs from nearby places of lizards in the wilds. Along the way Tera discovers his first goblin. It's a lone goblin hiding in a clearing, Tera slowly moves in to kill it, Tera gets up quite close to the lazy and lonely goblin and proceeds to snap it's neck. Tera then cuts it's ear off and leaves the dead body there.

Having collected his supplies Tera continues on with his journey every now and then running into random goblins along his journey, a lot more than when he last went this way anyway. After about 8 days of journeying Tera has picked up 10 more goblins in his wandering through the forests towards Flaminis. Having arrived in an area that is quite distant from all civillisation Tera runs into a group of two goblins. In the wild moving slowly towards the two Tera notices that they have started quarreling so he waits for them to take a break. when they do he slowly sneaks up to the first and slits it's throat whilst covering his mouth and the second he wraps his tail around it's mouth strangling it to death, Tera collects the left ears from the goblins.

Proceeding on Tera kills off about 4 more solo goblins before he finally finds the next duo of goblins, upon finding them Tera waits till they get into a valley, he proceeds to throw a rock at the goblin on the left and then duck behind cover. The goblin immediately runs at his partner and punches him the two goblins proceed to get into a fight against each other due to my thrown stone. In the end both goblins move away from each other as neither could get an advantage so Tera slowly moved in and snapped the neck of the first whilst collecting his ear and then crushed the seconds leg before crushing it's skull in and then finally collecting it's ear.

Moving around after another 8 days, Tera had killed off roughly 15 more solo's and 4 more duo's, Tera noted the fact that goblins drastically increased the closer you got towards Flaminis, and finally noted his first trio of goblins. The location at the speed he was travelling would have been roughly 30 more days before hitting actual Flaminis. Tera decided to make them fight each other so he waits till he can hide properly before throwing 3 rocks 1 at each goblin and then getting out of sight, the goblins end up fighting as usual however 2 of the goblins gang up on the third and succeed in killing them. After this Tera proceeds to charge at the 2 injured goblins and proceeds to crush them completely in combat. This was because as soon as Tera's scent was registered to them they charged but at a certain point they got to scared to continue on so he steam rolled over them crushing the firsts wind pipe and biting the body of the last one in half.

The 5 days later Tera steam rolls through 4 more solo goblins and easily exterminates another duo of goblins before coming upon a second trio, which are sleeping, Tera stealthily kills the goblins in their sleep and moves on from them, one of the goblins had a small teddy bear in it's hand and there was a rotting smell coming from the next valley over. Tera made sure to dispose of the corpse which he found there reverently. Moving on with his journey the next day Tera's detection of goblins had improved greatly from all the practice he had gotten tracking the critters so he could crush them into small bits. He noted the smell on the dirt of bloodied goblin and the destroyed greenery as they moved about going from place to place looking for small lizards and such to hunt as there were only 2 of the goblins. However the odd thing was that the 2 goblins were sinking into the dirt far more than they usually would.

After 30 more minutes of slowly tracking the goblin duo a third goblin joined the two goblins with heavy steps and Tera noted that yes this goblin had shallower steps than the others. Hence the first 2 goblins were likely armed. Upon arriving at the actual goblins Tera notes that yes they were armed, 1 having a goblin sized mace made from some sort of tree and the other having a small copper shield that was likely part of some larger thing once. The third goblin he noticed proceeded to charge in and attack the original 2 goblins so Tera decided to also join the fight, first he deposited his backpack upon the ground and then climbed a nearby tree and then made his way steadily above the goblins before dropping in the middle of the three fighting goblins crushing the goblin with the shield. Tera than spun having his tail smash into the other two goblins. These blows outright killed the goblins.

Over the next 18 days Tera killed less goblins as they had seemingly moved away from the area in which he inhabited and he only picked up 10 solo goblins 3 duos and another trio. Finally the tracks of 4 goblins appeared ahead of Tera. Following them along Tera moved swiftly and silently the goblins were unarmed from the footprints and Tera was thus following at quite a rapid pace. Upon getting near them Tera shrugged off his bag, after doing so he proceeds to climb a tree like when he engaged the armoured goblins. Upon arriving at the goblins location Tera finds out that they are in a clearing, so Tera drops out of the tree, the time is almost night, so Tera decides to follow them around until night falls before crushing the foolish goblins. So he backtracks and gets his backpack then proceeds on to find the four goblins again. After having found them again Tera continued on until they all just dropped down in the forest and soon they were all snoring, Tera thus proceeded in and ripped and crushed them all to death.

Over the next 10 days travelling away from Flaminis after having visited Lady Penelope Oxbow's castle and seeing the progress of her recruiting new guardsmen and after seeing that it is all going well he heads off towards the Lakeside village, Tera ended up killing off 20 more solo goblins 15 duo's, 3 trio's and 4 quads mostly unarmed except for a few sticks or stones which they may have been carrying.

Nearby to the lakeside village Tera comes across a group of 5 goblins, all unarmed and unarmoured. Deciding to seperate the goblins into a group of 2 and 3 Tera hurls 2 stones at some of the goblins and hides, unluckily one of the goblins is killed by the thrown stone, so Tera decides to chase them done. The goblins all group up after the stone is thrown, for some reason they all trust that none of them have killed the guy, so Tera decides to charge in and attack them. Tera ends up fighting the 4 goblins for a time and gets damaged slightly by them injuring his tail again. But he crushes ones wind pipe, tears one apart, strangles one with his tail and finally snaps the neck of the last.

Tera stumbles upon a goblin sleeping during the day or at least it appears to be a goblin however it's skin colour is pitch black and it radiates heat, from it's body so I decided to drag it's corpse along with me as it might have something that I desire within it which I will investigate when I return to Nagrand.

Before arriving at the lakeside village Tera kills off one of the geckos which he skins, he proceeds on to the same place as last time and sells the skin off for a nice 6 small coppers, he also finds out the name of the tanner which is Libert Arrandale, a native to the town, and a well respected citizen it turns out. He points out where the library housing Askel the red at this moment is, Askel the red being a old and wizened human whose skin has a shade of red to it that Tera notices under his clothing which has lots of hints of red in it and with white hair. Tera gives the goblin ears over to Askel and accepts the rewards from him.

Then from there he returns back to the city of Nagrand after saying good bye to Libert Arrandale.
    Solo goblins killed: 65
    group of 2 goblins killed: 25
    Group of 3 goblins killed: 7
    Group of 4 goblins killed: 5
    Group of 5 goblins killed: 1
    Special goblins killed: 1
    Total goblins killed: 161
    Time taken: ~55 days
    "Well this bounty was fun to do I am definitely going to do it again!"

OOC: @AliceShiki I hope everything is okay~

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    A5G_Reaper likes this.
  14. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Someone really early on stated that Askel is a human that used to have red hair and wear red everything. The hair is completely white now and he dress more normally but the name stuck.))

AliceShiki and TiggerBane like this.
  15. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Too slow! :blobhero:))

16. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Total Goblins killed is the number of ears Alice not the number of solo ones so should be 161 ears XD.

17. Otaku108

Otaku108 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After asking around town Lucas managed to find a map that he committed to memory. Not too far from here were some plains that the kind cat-girl from the Guild's Reception had mentioned. 'Who would have guessed even cat-girls existed in this world, I wonder if I'll find a bunny-girl too?' Once again he shook his head from his useless thoughts and reminded himself of his task at hand.

"Shouldn't be too hard to get there. I wonder how many I should pick though." he thought out loud and with a shrug he started walking. While it wasn't that far to the plains he still managed to take a couple of days as several times something new and interesting caught his attention. Often making notes of the more useful plants and animals, running across old camp sites and discarded broken tools he enjoyed pondering their uses or if they were repairable.

By the second day he had arrived on the plain and saw a few dense patches of flowers scattered about in various sizes, shapes, and colors. Hadn't seen the Henbane yet but he figured they would be one of these patches and continued his walk.

"This looks right, according to the description, bright green with a yellow flower. I kind of miss my sense of smell now, then again these were supposed to have hallucinogenic properties so I will just be glad I'm not susceptible." thinking it better not to dwell on what is lost and instead focus on what he could now do Lucas began carefully harvesting the flowers. "Hmm, now that I think about it I didn't bring a basket and more over it took me a couple days to get here. Putting these in my backpack would probably spoil them too."

While picking the flowers he decided to stop at 50, making 5 bouquets of 10 flowers each. He only had so much space in his internal chest cavity where his soul crystal resided after all, but he also tried using a bit of ice magic to cool the internal compartment down so as to slow down the wilting. It was the best solution he could come up with to ensure he could successfully complete the task.

Not wanting to take much longer he started his way back along the same route but still managed to spot a few things that he somehow missed on the way here. He also noted some goblin tracks along the way, he was not a tracker so didn't have confidence on following them, plus he had no idea how many there were but it was obvious there were more than a few.

"I'm not sure I could handle more than a few goblins right now, just one or two of them were a handful for me before. Best mention this in when I make it back, looks like they're headed west, I think that's where Daegon's Dungeon is?" Lucas decided to keep on track the rest of the way and took considerably less time returning to report.

"Hi, so I finished gathering these flowers for this task, I hope they are acceptable" Lucas places the 5 bouquets of Henbane on the counter from inside his chest plate, still slightly chilled but he felt his magic had definitely been nearly depleted.

"By the way, I noticed a bunch of tracks that looked like goblins headed for the dungeon to the northwest. I don't know for sure but it looked like a large number, but I'm not sure if that's of any importance or not, just wanted to let the Guild know."

@AliceShiki

AliceShiki likes this.
  18. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Selvia finished shoveling eggs into her mouth as she approached the city’s edge and then smiles. She focuses for a few seconds, generating a small arcane blade and blunts it with a small natural magic biological sheath along the edge. She carefully runs it along the plate and utensils, with the blade brushing off the little debris (she always made sure to clean her plate these days) and the nature magic working as the soap to kill off any unwanted organisms.

“I have gotten a bit more careful with my hygiene since having to deal with that awful plague.” She mutters to herself, shuddering a little. She brightens up at the next thought though.

“Looks like I get a free plate and utensils out of this as well. I had to sell my good set awhile back and this set is quite finely made. The stoneware is really sturdily crafted and the design is quite nice as well.”

She admires the flower design for a second and smiles before stowing them away in her bag.

“Hopefully he doesn’t remember.” She giggles to herself, remembering the kind stoic gentleman.

She walks through the gates and feels a heavy wait suddenly come down on her shoulder

“Nyaaaa~”

She look up and to the left and sees the white cat licking herself, with her claws dug into Selvia’s heavy cloak. Selvia smiles and shakes her head while petting Sera’s head.

“I really need to get a leather shoulder pad for you or something, now that you’re starting to put on weight and get bigger. You must come from a fairly large breed. Or, I could get a nice leather helmet, since you also like sitting on my head.”

She picks the cat up by the nape and looks the cat in the eyes for a second.

“I guess you wanted to go out with me today. But I’m warning you, no licking the plants I’m harvesting, they’re quite dangerous. I have developed some…tolerance to henbane, but for you it will be quite bad if you eat it, ok?

“Nya?”

“Good. Now if you want, you can help me find some, once I’ve found the first bunch. But be careful and don’t go too far. We’ll head northeast, since I know there’s a pretty sizeable patch of henbane in a large glade in the forest where I camped a couple days from here closer to Flaminis. Then, I’ll just be checking along the road at the abandoned watchtower even further down the road. Henbane likes to grow around old structures.”

She trudged along on the trail. Of course a bloody carriage from one of those noble mages came along to brighten her mood. Still attacking a random carriage would just get her thrown in jail, just like the last time.

She practices magic and makes the occasional polite conversation with passing travelers. Near evening, she goes into the woods and locates some eggs and fruit to supplement her diet, along with meat from the rodent gifts that Sera is fond of bringing her. While not her favorite food, Sera is a rather good hunter and Selvia has learned not to turn up her nose to free food.

After the first day and a half or so, the road empties, so she spends some time playing with Sera, using a clever spell to make an arcane light fly about with the cat acrobatically chasing after it.

She finally follows through the path and stops at the former camp ground.

“Now while getting money for the flowers is nice, the real prize is the leaves. I doubt any of the other fools taking the quest will realize it, but the other parts of the flower are quite potent and currently are selling for a decent amount, what with the festival causing a shortage in the supply from wild sources, where usually henbane is pretty cheap.”

She swiftly goes through the field and harvest every third plant or so, making sure to leave some to regrow.

“I got about 30 plants with an average of three flowers a plant. So a solid 90 flowers. And a good 250 leaves. Though it’s unfortunate that the fruit hasn’t begun to grow, so I can’t harvest the seeds.”

She makes her way up the hill towards the tower where Sera swoops down and butts her chest before she can get near. She becomes even more wary as she becomes cognizant of the small footprints in the surrounding area. Small clawed feet. She hears small sounds of inhuman laughter and there definitely is a fire in the lower levels that is well-covered so as to be relatively unnoticed. She mutters to herself. “This isn’t good.”

She carefully moves a small distance away and then, ever so carefully, from a hiding place up in a tree where she can still see the tower and casts a simple spell to make a loud noise near the far side. A small swarm of twenty or so goblins makes it way out of the tower, with a number of them clearly armed with weapons likely taken from waylaid travelers and Selvia makes sure to put as much distance as she can away from the tower.

“This camping spot is still a good distance away from the watchtower, but the roads were empty. That’s a bad sign And they always say for every goblin you see, there’s at least one more. I don’t plan on sticking around here. It’s too close.”

She sighs and wipes her brow, which is quite sweaty from the speed at which she was moving.

“Well, I guess I won’t be sleeping tonight, not until the next campground. Why do I always run into trouble. It’s just herb gathering!”

The night is nerve-wracking, but she makes it through, though exhausted. After sleeping, she is full of nervous energy nonetheless and makes her way back to the city, ready to report in.
    Have gained a bunch of of henbane leaves to sell. 250 in fact.
    Also am very tired
    Cats are nice though
    She walks into the guild, thoroughly exhausted from both lack of sleep and use of energy. This seems to be something of a recurring habit. One that Selvia does not approve of. She manages to dazedly wander up to the desk.

“Hey, I have quite a few flowers for you for the quest.”

She sets down the 90 carefully preserved flowers onto the desk from her pack using her hands.

"You might not want to touch those, they are rather poisonous and you probably haven''t developed enough of an immunity to touch and smell. But I can't afford to give you one of my only bags."

She gives him a small smile.

“Also, there is something approaching a lair of goblins at the abandoned watchtower about a third of a dragon’s flight from the road about 14 dragon’s flights distant from here. Visual confirmation of at least 20, likely more. I didn’t engage, but some enterprising group might want to take a look at that, especially considering the bounty that was posted.”

@Nurman

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    AliceShiki, Nurman and A5G_Reaper like this.
  19. Nurman

Reading List:
    Link
    Fu looks at Selvia, looks back at the uneaten breakfast and turns back to the Selvia.

With a professional smile, "Welcome back."

With a slight twitch Fu wondered why Selvia keeps interrupting him during breakfast. Slipping on a pair of black gloves, Fu brought one of the stems for a closer inspection. "Don't worry, I sometimes assist Caligo in his lab. I can at least handle this much."

After inspecting a few more Fu nodded and passed over the rewards.

"That will be 450 Small Copper Coins, which is 45 Large Copper Coins and 4 guild points from the guild and 6 Tavern Meal vouchers (for one person) from me. Regarding the goblin lair, I guess I'll have to report it to Aria since I have to go on a business trip and won't be in the guild for a while, once we collect more information we'll have someone contact you."

AliceShiki and A5G_Reaper like this.
  20. Coler

Coler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [Here goes the Taken Quest]

Everything started when I took a strange quest titled ‘The Diviners Hug’ inside the Adventurers Guild.
    Apparently the requestor was a playboy and a gambling addict. That was what, I Solar Dustgold originally thought. But seriously listen to this.
    —————————
    After taking the request I went out of the Adventurers Guild and searched for Gerald Yule’s house. My first option was the Tavern of course. Many people gather there and gamble by using Cards.
    Once there I talked to some people that knew ‘Gerald the Cardmaster’. Some of those people were his gaming friends. Apparently they gamble and play card games sometimes. Seeing that I was an adventurer and a fairy at that, they of course laughed at me very hard. I tried to ask them were he lived but they kept laughing and taking me for a weak girl. Discrimination is bad. Being taken for a weak girl is also insulting.
    Having no other option I pointed my dual swords at them.

Gamblers: “ “ “ Wait we will speak, just let us off.”””

Solar: “Just tell me were he lives or else I will report to the Guild about your discrimination and attitude. Got it.”

Gamblers: “Understood Milady!!!”
    “Head in the residential area. You will find a house with a sign on it.”
    “It says ‘Gambling House’ that is the house were he lives. He often holds gambling and card gaming events there sometimes.”
    Taking my swords away from their throats I put them on my storage and headed out of the tavern. I didn’t say anything to them. The guild report will be enough.
    Heading to the residential area of Nagrad my speed was slow.

Solar:[Flying in a town full of people using my wings won’t do.]
    That was what I thought. Even tho I am a fairy, many mock and hate me for being able to do things they cannot do. Racial traits of beastmen, elves and fairys are hated by humans. Just what is wrong with them!
    Walking through the residential area I found the house I was looking for. It was a house with two floors and a tree outside. It looked very good and maintained.
    When I was in front of the entrance I knocked gently....
    “[Knock,knock, knock]”

Solar: “ Is anybody inside? I am looking for Gerald Yule. Hello!”

Gerald: “ Wait! Just wait a moment! I am in the bath right now. I will be there shortly.”

Solar: “ Okay”
    After waiting 10 minuets the door finally opened and I saw a man. He was taller than me and his looks were impressive. I did say 1.72 meters tall with a strong and handsome body. Probably above 30 years old.
    Solar:[ So handsome. Just like the man of my dreams]
    [giggles]

Gerald: “What can I do for you young miss? If you are one of my ex-girlfriend’s don’t ask for money I don’t have any at the moment.”
    Solar:[Coming to reality]
    “Ah....No, I am not! Rather than that I am here for something else.”
    Gerald: “ Just say it then.”

Solar: “I took the quest that was on the board at the Guild. My name is Solar Dustgold and I am here to hear your story as an adventurer.”
    Looking at the girl Gerald Yule could see traces of a face forgotten since he was young. Such a nostalgic feeling. This attitude was really like a certain person that he knew. Maybe Solar was what he had been waiting all this time for. The others were all garbage. They were nothing like her. Pure and innocent.

Gerald: “Come in then Solar. My name is Gerald Yule, your requestor nice to meet you.”
    “[ shaking hands together]”
    Solar: “Okay”
    Entering the house Solar was guided by
    Gerald to the guest room. The room was a spacious one with a grand table in the middle.

Gerald: Here is were I hold gambling events. I would like to start explaining my story here.”

Solar: “Understood Sir.Yule.”

Gerald: “Please call me Gerald and take some candy. Don’t eat much else your stomach will hurt.” [ Smiling]
    Sitting on a sofa Solar waited for Gerald to start his story. She was ready to hear everything even if the story was a tragic one.

Gerald: “ It seems you are ready. Let’s start then.”
    “ This is a story about a long time ago. A time about when I was very young. It is about me and a certain someone I loved.”
    “This is my story.”
    “You see I was 12 when I left my village in search of my destiny. All my travels brought me to the Adventurers Guild. It is there that I registered and gained my income. My class was a ‘Gambler’. As such I used my skills to increase my luck and discover treasures in Dimitri’s dungeon and other dungeons. The Guild’s payment wasn’t bad but my greed pushed me to explore and use different ways to obtain money.”
    “ At the age of 21 I left the guild and used my money to obtain a Casino license. From there I invited many adventures and nobles to attend my gambling events. My income increased and money wasn’t a problem anymore. Every night I held card gaming events and in daylight, I picked up young women to sleep with. The number of women and girls that I have slept with is so high that even counting it is impossible. Probably 100 or more, including slaves and prostitutes.”
    “ By the age of 24 everyone begun to call me ‘the Cardmaster’ because of my addiction to playing mainly card games. It is at that time that something happened to me.”

Solar: “What happened? You were all okay in life according to your story?”

Gerald: “I meet a girl. Yes, it’s hard to believe this, since it is coming from a playboy and womanizer like me. But....this is the truth. I fell in love and I couldn’t stop thinking of her.”
    “She was a ‘Diviner’. A girl who performed future predictions and measured people’s luck. That was her Class as an adventurer.”
    “Her name was Nora. She had golden hairs and purple eyes just like you. Her body features were good and her face was charming. The first time I meet her was in the Tavern. I was playing a game of cards when she suddenly showed up beside my table. Curious of how the game worked she challenged me on a game of cards.”
    “That day was the fiercest day of my life.”
    “My luck and ability to use or play every card in my hand was all useless in front of her. We spent the entire day playing 50 games. Out of 10 to 50 card games she won 40. She was the real deal when it comes to predicting moves. Because of her ability I finally thought that I had found the right person to make my wife. Using her I would catapult myself to the top of the world. Together we could have become the most famous and rich people on the continent. But...things didn’t go very well.”

Solar: “I cannot understand. Was she human or not? How did you win her heart?”

Gerald: “ Nora was human of course. I won her hand in marriage by putting my entire property and savings on a single game of cards. I can say for sure that the game that day was like a fight with a ultimate boss monster. Thanks to my tricks and luck I finally managed to corner and defeat her. After that she became my wife and our time together begun.”
    “We spent two entire years together. During that time I gained a lot, thanks to her advices. She gave me predictions and I used that information to gain money. We could have bought a large villa and lived happily ever after if it wasn’t for one thing.”
    [takes a minute to rest]

Solar: “That’s all? Wasn’t there any love or children. Gerald you said you loved her. Did Nora return your love? This doesn’t seem like a good ending.[worried]

Gerald: “Nora loved me for the cleaver man I was but love cannot last forever. She eventually found out something terrible about herself. She was infertile. Completely barren. This discovery shocked her. It left her emotionally unstable.”
    “As a husband I couldn’t watch this continue any longer, so begun to use my wealth in hopes of curing her. I searched around the continent for an entire year in hopes for a solution. Every doctor and researcher I meet had no clue on how to cure her. The only choice available was magic. As long as magic exists, even miracles can be brought forth.
    But....who knew that even magic had it’s limits.”

“Hahahahaha [Laughing Ironically]. This....this is the good part of all of my story. Listen to this....”[Twisted smile]
    “Life attribute magic the solution to our problems was nonexistent in this world. The Kingdom of Ternus and ityreligion doesn’t allow certain individuals that possess a certain amount of power to exist. They totally reject the idea of someone manipulating ‘life force’. This was all what stopped me from saving my wife and having children. Their greed for power has no limits!”

Solar: [Speechless] [Cannot believe it!]

Gerald: “Impressed right.”

Solar: “What happened to the Diviner then?”

Gerald: “She found out about me having a relationship with several women and divorced me. The thought of me having children with those women tormented her. This was the ultimate catalyst for our separation.
    “ The last thing she did before going out of that door was very simple. She the ‘Diviner girl’ hugged me tightly before leaving. That hug left me emotionally touched. It felt like a never ending warmth that gave a feeling of having family.”
    “I never had a family. All I did was play cards and win money. That hug made me realize who I really am and my deep desire for a family. A close bloodline member which I can count on. That was all. Now it’s lost forever.”

Gerald: “The real meaning of this quest is a story and certainly a hug. But....that’s not all it is to it right? Can you guess the meaning of why are you here?! New Adventurer Solar Dustgold!!! Depending on your answer I may tell the Guild a good word or two about you!

Solar: [Nodding] [Thinking hard]
    [ I am just a dumb fairy don’t ask the impossible old Cardmaster Gerald!]
    Thinking of the right answer Solar started to analyze Gerald’s story and what the quest really was about.
    The answer that she came up with would definitely be wrong but she still said it to her requestor.

Solar: “ I believe you called me here to listen to a story and give a hug, but what you really wanted to see the most was your beloved Diviner face another time. You believed that by gathering adventurers of different race and features you could find someone just like her. Once found one then you would proceed to make her yours am I right ‘Cardmaster Gerald’.” [ Determined eyes]

Gerald: “[ claps, claps, claps his hands]”
    “You are really clever Solar Dustgold. Bravo!!! You are the first to get this far and deep into my story. May the Gods bless you for you are the first in this world to get to know my motives.”

Solar: “Wait, I actually guessed right!!! No way my answer should be wrong. You just wanted a good listener and a hug! How can I be so clever to find out. I don’t get it.”

Gerald: “ Just accept reality ‘fairy girl’. People of the races can be clever if they want to but all they do is blabbing nonstop. Am I right?”

Solar: “ Well they certainly speak way to much [giggles]. So can I conclude my quest now???”

Gerald: “All that is needed is a hug so give it to me now.”

Solar: <[Hugs Cardmaster Gerald Yule]>
    >>Confirmed.

Gerald: “[Hugs Solar back]”
    >>Confirmed
    “ It’s been so long since someone has hugged me like this. I feel so comfy and peaceful. Thanks Solar. Without you coming here I would not be able to get rid of my past. I owe you one.” [Happy smile]

Solar: “ Stop, pressing yourself against my breasts Gerald. My mood might change. I am a 14 year old loli after all.”

Gerald: “ Sorry, I overstepped my boundaries there for a second.”
    Pushing Solar gently away Gerald regained his composure and smiled.

Solar: “Apology accepted. Can I leave now?”

Gerald: “Not without some gear first!” [serious]

Solar: “What?...I am okay with this uniform you know. Armor is very heavy.”

Gerald: “ That’s precisely why I cannot let you go without some gear. Take these old stuff.”
    “That Blue Maid dress will get damaged if you fight carelessly dumb fairy!”

Solar: “BBBB....Bunny girl outfit. I am a fairy Sir.Gerald.” [annoyed at him] [feeling shame]

Gerald: “ Just get used to it that’s all I have on me right now. My new girlfriend took a lot of money from me.” [Sight]

Solar: [Hugs Gerald again] [ kisses him on the face and runs away]
    “ Thanks, I know that money comes and goes. You giving me your old stuff makes me happy. Because you kept them for 9 years, it shows how precious the Adventurers Guild, our starting point means to you. Thanks for these old stuff.”
    (For a long time I have been alone but since the moment I entered the Adventurers Guild my life has changed. I am not alone anymore and today my first quest was incredible. Thanks. I am happy [teary Of joy])

Solar:“Goodbye!!!”

Gerald: “Such a young girl! I wish I could’ve had her for myself but her ability against perverts and criminals shows that I am no match for her. I expect you to grow a lot from now on. Can’t wait until you become a wonderful woman. Goodbye!!!”

Cardmaster Gerald: “ Goodbye little fairy!!!”

Heading out of Gerald’s house Solar was holding a box with items given by the requestor. Was it okay for him to give this to her? Well he might seem like a playboy but his heart is in the right place. Then she proceeded to get to the Adventurers guild and report back.

>>Bunny Girl Outfit: An outfit used in Casinos in order to attract consumers and clients.
    Effects:
    • All eyes on you. Everybody will stare at you with lustful eyes.
    •Beauty and cuteness up: just shows a bit of your feminine charms and curves. (There are no other effects. I swear on @AliceShiki about this guys)
    >>Gerald’s dismantling dagger: just a dagger to use on cutting monster flesh.
    >>Gerald’s brokn metallic sword: just two fragments of a broken sword. If fixed it can be used to fight enemies again. ( No additional effects. Just a simple metal sword for Pete’s sake. Don’t throw your angry gaze at me. I repeat no other effects even if fixed!!!)

Solar: “Okay @AliceShiki I am back. By the way can I keep this stuff please??? Gerald was very nice to me so please.”

Having no choice but to plead to the receptionist Solar was waiting her final say in this matter.....

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019