LCD Black Iron's Glory

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Ryogawa, Oct 5, 2018.

1. madmanthan21

madmanthan21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it creates extra limbs out of magic, that can be shaped into various tools and such, great for working on dangerous substances, or having another pair of hands, literally.

But damn, so many bans, is there anything useful they haven't banned, lol.

2. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Claude has the skills of a thief, assassin or war criminal. He isn't going to be making many friends in the magic community I guess.

3. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    When does the actual story begin?
    I am stuck around the 20s and I can't seem to read further

4. madmanthan21

madmanthan21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a pretty slow burn story, and it really doesn't pick up the pace even at chap 89, the actual story started when he starts decoding the cookbook?

Wujigege likes this.
  5. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean when he uncovers and gets his interest in magus?

6. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically when some action happens.
    Although I am more interested in strategy than fighting

7. grkmori

grkmori Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 130ish things start moving forward. The story after that is pretty worth a 4.4/5 rating TORL had before being dropped.

venu101 and Wujigege like this.
  8. grkmori

grkmori Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not yet. (~220 chapter).

Wujigege likes this.
  9. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone Recommended me this one as a "Farming" story, and I see the Tag, but how in depth is it? Is it something like Bringing the Farm to Another World, where it is an important part of the setting and story (even if its not done in the same way) Or is it more just a side story type thing like in Overgeared (arguably important to the Characters in the story, but to the reader its not a main focus)

10. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is literally no farming done. Nor mining or crafting. Some hunting. At most you can say there is some herbalism or slightly modifying a weapon (we're talking a very small add-on), but that is it.

Maybe in the future that will change, but for now the MC is just an above-average intelligence high-school student who has the knowledge of the modern world (and nothing particularly advanced either), is stronger and a better shot than most, and has some magic power.

The MC's biggest "cheat" is that he can think outside the box and challenge norms that have been ingrained into the people around him.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  11. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    Then why is there even a Farming tag?

12. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure who added the "farming" tag or why, maybe they got it mixed up with "hunting." I don't know if it will change in the future but there is no farming or land management to speak of in the ~100 chapters that have been translated so far.

After the MC graduates he's set to join the army, and will likely play an important role in the upcoming war. Hard to see him farming in that scenario.

E; Compared to Bringing the Farm to Another World and Overgeared, the MC in both those stories is much more OP than the one here. Here, the MC's main cheat is adapting modern knowledge, and not like a super engineering in Release that Witch, just more general stuff. There is magic, but it's not really the main focus of the story.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  13. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    Well like the man above said i guess story is slow like torl

Wujigege likes this.
  14. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I will wait then. No point in reading now
    Thanks to everyone who replied

Quick question, what's your favorite novel on my website? Is it Eliza?

15. Tensoku

Tensoku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the dynamic between Maria and Claude. Hope they become close friends further in. It kinda makes me wonder about Maria, like how old she is to further extrapolate how their relationship might develop.

16. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's in her early 30s. From chapter 86:
    I think Claude's 16? She seems more like an aunt/mentor. She also said she spends most of her time in the capital, and Claude is going to be stuck in Whitestag even after she leaves, then is getting shipped off (if all goes according to plan).

Maybe he'll form a partnership and hunt some crocodiles for her, or learn some alchemy and help refine potions.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Tensoku likes this.
  17. Tensoku

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, that's right. I'm kinda hoping for them to be friends and teach each other a few things. She seemed to like him with his interest in reading, and he liked her carefree and straightforward personality. Not sure how to say it, but her waving her hands and being excited seemed a bit interesting for her age.

18. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    You dare self promote here burn this evil magus on a cross.

19. Ryogawa

Ryogawa Translator on Volarenovels and Liberspark

Reading List:
    Link
    Maria is such a cute character. I love how the author didn't go the standard meet a noble and profit route like most WNs will jump to. It actually has rather interesting nuances, but I won't spoil you all here.

BTW:

A big day for BIG -- pun both intended and appropriate.

Hey Guys.

So we have a great announcement to make today. We've been working on a surprise for a while now, and it's finally time to reveal it. BIG now has a new home, a second home. Veratales, a new translation site if officially launching today and BIG will be co-hosted there, alongside here on Liberspark, as of today.

Rest assured that BIG is not leaving Liberspark, it is, as mentioned earlier, getting an extra home. Development on the new site is continuous and ongoing and will allow us to bring you guys more features to make your reading experience more enjoyable and engaging. BIG will continue to be hosted here, and on Patreon for the early chapters, and now we can add Veratales to the mix.

As far as BIG on Liberspark is concerned, nothing will change, we are only adding a new site to our repertoire. We hope you'll stop by for a visit, and look forward to share the new features with you as they roll out.

Ryogawa and Prince.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  20. Tensoku

Reading List:
    Link
    She is, I hope we'll see more of her! Chapter 94 was a bit underwhelming without much of Claude's PoV. Still interesting, but had a lack of new info and was somewhat predictable compared to previous few. In regards to the new translation site, It reminds me of the character from the other novel you translate, The Sword and The Shadow. The layout looks like a copy of Liberspark and shares three novels together. All the same, I'll look forward to how it will go.