Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist's Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Jan 28, 2019.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    20 symbols then? That's not a bad amount, I'm sure Soren-san will appreciate it~

The reward will then be of 6 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points. Take care now~

Unreachable Hope likes this.
  2. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    Fu appeared to be shocked by the contents of the report, looking worried he read it again. Noticing something in the report Fu ran into the archive room to pull out some of the recent reports.

"For the love of god not this ******** again..."

Fu wiped away his cold sweat and took a seat. After a moment of silence he stood up and returned to the counter.

Noticing that Raz was still standing there and that he had effectively caught the attention of the other staff and adventurers, he quickly presented the rewards (15 Large Copper Coins and 4 guild points). But before Raz could do anything Fu grabbed him by the shoulder and warned, "Diligence in training is great and striving to become the stronger is a praiseworthy goal."

Releasing Raz from his grasp, Fu sighed "But power without purpose will only lead you down the path of misery... have you considered what you wanted to do when you've finally reach your goal?" Fu appeared to have a pained look as he turned away from Raz, allowing others to see his downcast expression.

Seeing that Raz was confused, Fu meekly shook his head and stumbled off. After turning a corner Fu immediately stuck to the wall and sighed, "Hopefully they bought it, if the peer reviews goes well again I'll probably be getting another raise by the end of the month..."

Wiping away his gloomy aura Fu continued down the hallway to his office with a smirk, "If I finally get more funding, maybe then..."

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    A5G_Reaper, SpearOfLies and Naraku like this.
  3. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Mika steps into the building, carrying a basket with her.

"Here's my report. I spent a single large copper in total, so the remaining 6 can be returned to Lethe. Also, I've brought some extra samples, so please feel free to partake of them."

She sets the basket on the counter, along with the papers.
    “Let’s go over this task again. A gourmet’s kind of job, huh? Really didn’t expect to see those here. But anyway, a rabbit beastkin requesting for rabbit dishes...That’s bizarre. Ah well.”

I stopped at the entrance of the town’s market sector, taking in the scent. While it definitely wasn’t as sensitive as before, I could still pick out the scent of cooked rabbit among the assorted smells.

“Let’s see. For preparing meat, there are 4 main methods. Roasting, boiling, stewing, baking.”

There were no microwaves here, so baking was out. Boiling essentially took any flavour out of it as well, so that was denied, too. That left roasting and a stew.

“Let’s see what I have to work with. First, stewed rabbit.”

I walked over to the stalls.

--- Ten Minutes Later ---

The food was...passable. That was all. I didn’t even order a full portion, all I paid for was a small mouthful, and after a single bite that became abundantly clear to me.

The roasted rabbit leg was too dry, the boiled rabbit was too mushy, and the rabbit soup was pretty much water with rabbit flavouring. 2 stars across the board; the fact that each dish was priced at 5 small copper per portion didn’t stick well with me, either.

People would eat it, sure, but it was definitely not ‘the best’.

“Yare yare daze.”

Looks like I’ll have to do it myself.

--- One Hour Later ---

Every delicious dish starts with the same thing; fresh ingredients. So fresh, that it might as well be outside on the fields running...or in this case, hopping.

Which was why I was now standing at the edge of the plains, staring at the cluster of rabbits that had made their homes there. I was going to have to catch at least 4.

“Shapeshift.”

Wolves were built to chase rabbits, anyway. I felt my profile shrink, my eye level lowering until I was barely standing over the grass.

Hunting like the old days, huh? No magic nonsense, just bestial prowess. Not too bad.

So I took off at a light pace, aiming for the closest rabbit hole.

--- Four Hours Later ---

F**king crafty rabbits and their three burrows…And I can’t even set fire to the plains, because causing environmental damage is apparently frowned upon. Well, no matter. I have my haul, anyway.

In total, I caught six rabbits. After some dismantling, two were left on a spit hanging over a fire, two were diced and tossed into a pot I had bought along, and the last two were baked. Or at least, I tried to bake them. Using mud bricks to make a small furnace.

There’s no salt and pepper, so I’ll have to make do with the old seasoning herbs. Still, the smell from these are definitely better than the ones sold in the store.

Ah, the roasted rabbit meat is already ready. I’m actually looking forward to tasting this; guess I got hungrier than I thought, huh? Let’s finish these leisurely, then head back to the city to deliver the report and the products.

“Well then...Itadakimasu.”
    Mika’s Culinary Report
    Total Expenditure: 1 Large Copper
    Remarks: If you do not have time to gather the materials, the food sold in town are passable. Otherwise, it is highly recommended to get the ingredients and cook the dishes yourself. Baking was a flop, so unless you managed to gain access to a blacksmith’s furnace or something, I recommend you skip that method.

Recipe - Ragout Rabbit Stew (5 stars)
    Ingredients:
    • One rabbit
    • Assorted vegetables
    • Oil
    • A few cups of pure water
    • Thyme and parsley
    The ingredients can all be purchased or personally harvested. As usual, I recommend fresh ingredients.

Steps:
    • Use a sharp knife to remove all of the rabbit’s innards. Leave only the meat and the bones.
    • Heat the rabbit in oil until brown. Remove and then fry the vegetables.
    • Add rabbit and water, cover the pot and let it heat strongly until aromatic.
    • Take out the rabbit, remove the bones, and let it simmer over a little flame for a while more. Add thyme and parsley as needed.
    Recipe - Roasted Rabbit (4 stars)
    Ingredients:
    • One rabbit
    • Any seasoning herbs of your fancy
    • Oil
    This recipe is simpler than the stew, but not suitable for children or the elderly, for the roasted rabbit meat can be quite tough to chew.

Steps:
    • Same as stew preparation. Remove the unnecessary parts.
    • Brush the rabbit with oil. Season it well with herbs, and ensure that the inside is seasoned thoroughly as well.
    • Use a spit to hold it over a fire, constantly turning it so that all sides are cooked evenly, and nothing is overcooked.
    • Wait until the external layer is dry, and the meat is golden brown in colour. Use a sharp stick to poke the inside to check if it’s firm as well.
    @AliceShiki

4. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    Arawn swaggers into the room confidently, though the image is ruined by the large number of baskets covering his person. He stumbles over his own feet and nearly drops his flowers, but manages to reach the desk.
    Arawn skipped down the streets of Nagrand, humming a merry tune as the sun rose over the horizon. Bedecked with numerous baskets hanging from his arms, waist and even his neck, he was certainly a strange sight to see at such a time of day.

He was in an especially good mood, thinking of the day’s prospects. Recounting the details of the quest he had accepted, Arawn felt confidence in his choice.

“Henbane is a yellow flower that usually grows in loamy soil. If I remember correctly, there should be an area to the south of Nagrand that fits the conditions.”

Arawn felt that he was lucky to have found such a quest. While he was no apothecary, Arawn did know the areas around Nagrand well and could think of a few places to find the Henbane he needed. However, there was one reason that sold him on the quest. There was no limit on the amount of Henbane he could bring, and thus, no limit on how much money he could earn.

It was the sole reason he had roused himself at such an ungodly hour and burdened himself with so many baskets, because Ralditorius-be-damned, he was going to earn some money! Cackling evilly, Arawn headed out of Nagrand, fully intending to harvest enough flowers to bankrupt the church of Ralditorius.

Having finally reached the fields south of Nagrand, Arawn tried to search for the Henbane. The yellow flowers were, while rather rare, still easily identifiable. Thus, Arawn was able to quickly find the first patch of Henbane.

Happy to have found it so quickly, Arawn reached for the first stalk of Henbane before freezing. He had remembered the warning that Soren, the terrifying priest of Ralditorius, had given. Henbane was a holy plant and might be fatal to the unfaithful. While that should have only applied to those who tried to use the Henbane, Arawn couldn’t help but wonder.

His luck had always been bad, and it always came into play in the worst of situations. Whether it was when he’d broken his brother’s lyre by simply touching it, or when he had gone on his first foray into the forest near his home alone, and been beset by a very large, very angry bear. Arawn feared that something similar might happen again this time. Ande he was certainly not looking forward to being struck by divine retribution.

Gulping nervously, Arawn withdrew his hand. Better safe than sorry, right? But even so, he was unwilling to give up on the quest. It would be a waste to turn back now, even after he had gone to so much effort to get to the flowers.

That’s it! He’d simply prove himself to be an ardent believer in Ralditorius as he harvested the Henbane. Praying to Ralditorius should be sufficient, right? Yes, he should simply call for ‘Ralditorius, the Unyielding’ to be safe. Confident in his decision, Arawn reached for the flower again, before stopping once more.

Ah, but wait! If Arawn remembered correctly, and he totally did (since he definitely did not look it up on the wiki page), ‘The Unyielding wasn’t one of Ralditorius’ official titles. It would be better to be more official.

As Arawn reached out for the third time, he began chanting quickly.

“Lord Raldtorias Noppe the Shakingspear Cinder Merc-Not-Exactly-Supposed-to-be-granted-with-chivalric-title-but-refused of Abysmal Chaos Doomwalker, Wearer of Poop Stained Armor, User of Overpowered Suits That-Has-Proppeled-Said-Person-To-His-Almost-Demise-And-Be-Saved-By-A-Girl, Survivor of Young Foxkin Stabbing Incident, Hedgehog, Sea Sword-Swinging-Maniac, Infamous Poop Rammer, Deep Sea Monster Bait, Beer Hugger, Samurai, Assassin Ninja, 4th wall breaker, Storm Trooper BL Bread Eater Knight, Space Marine Commander, Jedi Power Master, Title Earner, The First Beggar Title Wielder, Somekind of Glory Hound, Murder Nomad, Chicken Weaponry Collector, The Immortal Armored cockroach, The Undying Man, Weapon And Armor Greek, Teacher of Manlyness,, A man of GUTS , The Smooth Armored Trapper, The Unwilling Title Earner, The Armored Gemshorn Musician, Unsophisticated Sophisticated Man-at-Arms, A Man With Decent Amount of Bruise, The Bladedancer Love Rival, The Refuser of Magic, The Lover of Single Life, Watermelon Smasher, The GIF Knight, The Shipper Knight, Bloody Pikeman, Mr Punman, Mr Cliffman, One Who Dig Cliff, Competitor Gravedigger, The one that gives weirdly good names, He Who Got Knighted Twice, Sir Ser Spike-a-lot, Sir Ser Sire Miserable, Nickname Maker, He-Who-Gets-Thrown-To-Hell-Often, Uncle Rald, The Armored Roller, Title Connoisseur, Fujoshi Maker, Verver's Dream, Grumbling Man-at-arm, He Who Attains Title On A Daily Basis, The Infamous Title Hunter, Foxhound Knight, Fashion Knight, Quarter Ninja, Lightning Fast Knight, Shopping Knight, The One That Fears Trap, Unstoppable Title Master, The Wall (of words) Knight, Natural Title Charmer, Title Magnet, Cursed Knight, Knight in Denial, Cursed Merc, Denialception Hobo, The Bearer of Immortal Guts - The First of His Name ….please be the last…”

As he finished the name, Arawn pulled the stalk of Henbane from the ground. Waiting for a few moments, Arawn released a breath he didn’t know he was holding as no divine retribution rained down from the skies.

Placing the flower into one of his many baskets, Arawn moved on to the next flower and prepared to invoke Ralditorius again.

“Lord Raldtorias Noppe the Shakingspear Cinder Merc-Not-Exactly-Supposed-to-be-granted-with-chivalric-title-but-refused of Abysmal Chaos Doomwalker, Wearer of Poop Stained Armor, User of Overpowered Suits That-Has-Proppeled-Said-Person-To-His-Almost-Demise-And-Be-Saved-By-A-Girl, Survivor of Young Foxkin Stabbing Incident, Hedgehog, Sea Sword-Swinging-Maniac, Infamous Poop Rammer, Deep Sea Monster Bait, Beer Hugger, Samurai, Assassin Ninja, 4th wall breaker, Storm Trooper BL Bread Eater Knight, Space Marine Commander, Jedi Power Master, Title Earner, The First Beggar Title Wielder, Somekind of Glory Hound, Murder Nomad, Chicken Weaponry Collector, The Immortal Armored cockroach, The Undying Man, Weapon And Armor Greek, Teacher of Manlyness,, A man of GUTS , The Smooth Armored Trapper, The Unwilling Title Earner, The Armored Gemshorn Musician, Unsophisticated Sophisticated Man-at-Arms, A Man With Decent Amount of Bruise, The Bladedancer Love Rival, The Refuser of Magic, The Lover of Single Life, Watermelon Smasher, The GIF Knight, The Shipper Knight, Bloody Pikeman, Mr Punman, Mr Cliffman, One Who Dig Cliff, Competitor Gravedigger, The one that gives weirdly good names, He Who Got Knighted Twice, Sir Ser Spike-a-lot, Sir Ser Sire Miserable, Nickname Maker, He-Who-Gets-Thrown-To-Hell-Often, Uncle Rald, The Armored Roller, Title Connoisseur, Fujoshi Maker, Verver's Dream, Grumbling Man-at-arm, He Who Attains Title On A Daily Basis, The Infamous Title Hunter, Foxhound Knight, Fashion Knight, Quarter Ninja, Lightning Fast Kni- Ow! I bif my foungue!”

Nursing his hurt tongue and very out of breath, Arawn sighed in exasperation. The invocation was harder than he’d expected. But he certainly wasn’t willing to risk not saying the entire thing. Taking a deep breath, Arawn prepared to pluck the flower again.

“Lord Raldtorias Noppe the Shakingspear Cinder Merc-Not-Exactly-Supposed-to-be-granted-with-chivalric-title-but-refused of Abysmal Chaos Doomwalker, Wearer of Poop Stained Armor, User of Overpowered Suits That-Has-Proppeled-Said-Person-To-His-Almost-Demise-And-Be-Saved-By-A-Girl, Survivor of Young Foxkin Stabbing Incident, Hedgehog, Sea Sword-Swinging-Maniac, Infamous Poop Rammer, Deep Sea Monster Bait, Beer Hugger, Samurai, Assassin Ninja, 4th wall breaker, Storm Trooper BL Bread Eater Knight, Space Marine Commander, Jedi Power Master, Title Earner, The First Beggar Title Wielder, Somekind of Glory Hound, Murder Nomad, Chicken Weaponry Collector, The Immortal Armored cockroach, The Undying Man, Weapon And Armor Greek, Teacher of Manlyness,, A man of GUTS , The Smooth Armored Trapper, The Unwilling Title Earner, The Armored Gemshorn Musician, Unsophisticated Sophisticated Man-at-Arms, A Man With Decent Amount of Bruise, The Bladedancer Love Rival, The Refuser of Magic, The Lover of Single Life, Watermelon Smasher, The GIF Knight, The Shipper Knight, Bloody Pikeman, Mr Punman, Mr Cliffman, One Who Dig Cliff, Competitor Gravedigger, The one that gives weirdly good names, He Who Got Knighted Twice, Sir Ser Spike-a-lot, Sir Ser Sire Miserable, Nickname Maker, He-Who-Gets-Thrown-To-Hell-Often, Uncle Rald, The Armored Roller, Title Connoisseur, Fujoshi Maker, Verver's Dream, Grumbling Man-at-arm, He Who Attains Title On A Daily Basis, The Infamous Title Hunter, Foxhound Knight, Fashion Knight, Quarter Ninja, Lightning Fast Knight, Shopping Knight, The One That Fears Trap, Unstoppable Title Master, The Wall (of words) Knight, Natural Title Charmer, Title Magnet, Cursed Knight, Knight in Denial, Cursed Merc, Denialception Hobo, The Bearer of Immortal Guts - The First of His Name ….please be the last…”

Once again, Arawn plucked the flower from the ground and waited nervously. After a period of silence, he broke out into a relieved grin. Surely this meant that his method was working! It didn’t mean that there was no point at repeated the stupidly long name that had to be copy-pasted, no sirree, definitely not!

Emboldened now, Arawn continued to pluck flowers while repeating all of Ralditorius’ titles. The only sounds on those fields were of flowers being removed from the ground and a single voice repeating a series of nonsensical words.

As night fell, Arawn had finally finished filling his baskets with flowers. A grand total of 6 baskets filled with 15 flowers each. That makes 90 flowers in total! Not a bad haul for a day’s work. Arawn may have an aching back from spending hours bent over and may be temporarily unable to speak, but money is money. And Lord Raldtorias Noppe the Shakingspear Cinder Merc-Not-Exactly-Supposed-to-be-granted-with-chivalric-title-but-refused of Abysmal Chaos Doomwalker, Wearer of Poop Stained Armor, User of Overpowered Suits That-Has-Proppeled-Said-Person-To-His-Almost-Demise-And-Be-Saved-By-A-Girl, Survivor of Young Foxkin Stabbing Incident, Hedgehog, Sea Sword-Swinging-Maniac, Infamous Poop Rammer, Deep Sea Monster Bait, Beer Hugger, Samurai, Assassin Ninja, 4th wall breaker, Storm Trooper BL Bread Eater Knight, Space Marine Commander, Jedi Power Master, Title Earner, The First Beggar Title Wielder, Somekind of Glory Hound, Murder Nomad, Chicken Weaponry Collector, The Immortal Armored cockroach, The Undying Man, Weapon And Armor Greek, Teacher of Manlyness,, A man of GUTS , The Smooth Armored Trapper, The Unwilling Title Earner, The Armored Gemshorn Musician, Unsophisticated Sophisticated Man-at-Arms, A Man With Decent Amount of Bruise, The Bladedancer Love Rival, The Refuser of Magic, The Lover of Single Life, Watermelon Smasher, The GIF Knight, The Shipper Knight, Bloody Pikeman, Mr Punman, Mr Cliffman, One Who Dig Cliff, Competitor Gravedigger, The one that gives weirdly good names, He Who Got Knighted Twice, Sir Ser Spike-a-lot, Sir Ser Sire Miserable, Nickname Maker, He-Who-Gets-Thrown-To-Hell-Often, Uncle Rald, The Armored Roller, Title Connoisseur, Fujoshi Maker, Verver's Dream, Grumbling Man-at-arm, He Who Attains Title On A Daily Basis, The Infamous Title Hunter, Foxhound Knight, Fashion Knight, Quarter Ninja, Lightning Fast Knight, Shopping Knight, The One That Fears Trap, Unstoppable Title Master, The Wall (of words) Knight, Natural Title Charmer, Title Magnet, Cursed Knight, Knight in Denial, Cursed Merc, Denialception Hobo, The Bearer of Immortal Guts - The First of His Name ….please be the last… knows he needs it.
    @AliceShiki

Xalysian, Arexio, MaliMi and 8 others like this.
  5. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    ((I have to like that twice.))

Arexio, AliceShiki and jbturkle like this.
  6. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    More than a third of this is dedicated to our Lord Rald's titles...I approve of this. You have done yourself proud, believer \[T]/

Arexio, Arcturus, MaliMi and 6 others like this.
  7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it seems like everything went well, good job~

I'm sure Lethe-chan will be happy with the outcome, your reward will be of 2 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points then. I'll deliver the change back to her when she comes get the report~

Thanks for your hard work~ *bows*

((*pokes @WhitesRabbit48 too*))

Haxagen and WhitesRabbit48 like this.
  8. WhitesRabbit48

WhitesRabbit48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lethe meanders in happy to hear that Mika completed the quest. Perusing the report, it seems like homemade Ragout Rabbit Stew is the best option. *sigh* Looks like it’s time to post another quest...

9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I ought to say I'm amazed, never expected someone to be able to memorize all of Lord Ralditorias' titles, yet somehow manage to get his name wrong in every single occasion you weren't praying for him~ *giggles*

Well, you did great nonetheless, I'm sure Soren-san will be very proud of your job and of your devotion. Your reward will be of a whopping 45 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points~

Take care now~

10. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: I went to great pains to change the every "ias" into "ius".

AliceShiki likes this.
  11. wraith

wraith -----------------

Reading List:
    Link
    After giving the vials to Lyra, Nero entered the guild building, Lethe on his shoulder, and submitted the report for their adventure.
    Colours- Nero, Lethe

Having just woken up from a long rest at the Black Bat Bar & Inn, Lethe wasn't feeling half bad. After a quick run through to make sure she had everything and Martin was still in one piece, she made her way to the front of the tavern to wait for Nero. Excited about here first party quest she was surprisingly more awake than usual as she kept her eye out for the 8' half-human.

Nero Arrived at the tavern to find an excited Rabbitkin girl walking up towards him.
    "Morning", he smiled as he greeted her, "I've already got the vials from Lyra. Are you ready for the journey?"
    Lyra, the quest giver, had speculated that water elementals would most likely be found at the lake south of the city.

"En. Ready."
    As long as she had her trusty Pillow and sleeping bag she was pretty sure she could take on the world (figuratively speaking, of course, she's not that strong). Looking down at herself and up at the massive being that was Nero she realized she was in trouble: there was no way she would be able to keep up with him given her minuscule stature. Looking up at him with hopeful eyes Lethe asked "C'n I ride on y'r shoulders? Don't want t'get left b'hind..."

"... fine.", Nero sighed. This was the first time that he would have to literally carry the party on his shoulders. Unexpectedly, he found that the rabbitkin barely weighed anything when he gave her a hand to lift her up.
    "Are you comfortable?"

"Mhm!" she gleefully responded, all too happy to escape the fate of having to, heaven forbid, run to keep pace with her party member.

The journey south towards the Lakeside Village was rather uneventful, just the usual prancing deer and absurdly fast butterflies whizzing about. Not one to waste such an opportune time to sleep, Lethe took a quick rabbit nap waking upon their arrival at the Village.

The journey to the aforementioned village was pretty uneventful. Well, there was a moment of panic for Nero when Lethe fell asleep. Fearing that she might fall off his shoulder, he decided to be more careful with his steps. "I'm being treated like a horse!", he thought bitterly. But no matter what, she refused to wake up. Giving up, he decided that the best scenario would be to reach the village as quickly as possible.

They reached the village around noon, when the sun was shining right on top of their heads. Lethe had woken up and they had decided to split up to collect information.

"There was something magical in a cave in the forest to the west. It looked scary, so I didn't go near it.", said a hunter, who was staying at home due to injuries. "You have to follow the trail till you reach a stream. The cave is somewhat hidden, but you will see it if you travel upstream."

After splitting up, Lethe got herself in a bit of a pickle: she fell into a hole in the road that was a bit too deep for her to scramble out of. Just as she was getting ready to summon Martin to help unpickle herself, an older woman walking by stopped and helped her out. Without even putting her down, the older woman, who introduced herself as Marge, said “Well aren’t you a cute little thing! You need to plump yourself up if you want to survive the winter! Come with me and I’ll get you some of my homemade pie.” With that, Marge started marching towards her house not even waiting for Lethe’s response. Not one to refuse free food, Lethe just went along for the ride.

After rambling for a while about her disappointment in her son for studying a useless major and never listening to her, Marge started talking about the happenings around town. Apparently there had been a lone water elemental wandering around the southwest area of the lake. It hadn’t hurt anyone but it was making the locals uncomfortable and they were thinking of reporting it to the guild.

After getting such useful information and tasty pie, Lethe thanked Marge and started off towards the meeting point with an extra piece of pie in hand for Nero. (She felt reciprocal actions were necessary to thank him for carrying her to the village.)

The two teammates got back together at the village entrance where they decided to eat their mid-day meals and pool the information that they had collected. They decided to prioritize the completion of their mission objective and headed southwest, hopefully, towards the lone water elemental.

The pie was delicious and Nero became much more willing to carry Lethe on his shoulder this time. The two of them trekked their way through the forest and eventually ran into a stream. Remembering the hunter's directions, Nero decided that they would take a short break and look around for the cave.

After a delicious meal, Lethe was feeling sleepy but was determined not to give in to its sweet embrace. Barely managing to stay awake, she tagged along behind Nero as he searched for the cave. After following the stream for some time, they reached a flat cliff face that the stream seemed to be flowing out of.

Not really having an idea what she was supposed to be looking for, Lethe started staring at the fish swimming along in the stream. Even though she had just eaten, she found they looked exceptionally delicious. Lethe was not one to hesitate when it came to food so she summoned Martin who dutifully caught one for his master. Seeing a nice flat rock in front of the cliff face, perfect for grilling and eating fish, Lethe had Martin bring it over. No sooner than Martin had placed the fish down, peals of laughter broke out and all the meat disappeared off the fish leaving only its bones behind. Lethe was feeling mighty aggrieved but was comforted when the cave entrance slowly materialized out of the cliff face.

Nero heard the laughter and turned around. He quickly turned around, saw a cave materialize and promptly, let his jaw drop to the ground. He had only heard of such things in the stories told by his tribe. Composing himself, he decided to cautiously move towards the cave. As the sunlight poured through the mouth of the cave, he could make out the muddy walls and the markings carved into it. As he went further inside, the light gradually disappeared, making it harder to see. But as his eyes adjusted to the lack of light, he was able to make out a faint blue glow being reflected from the walls. This blue glow started becoming brighter as he moved further inside and he finally reached the source of the light.

It was a large oval mirror, attached to a wooden frame. But instead of showing what stood in front of it, it showed the viewer something else. A view of a different location could be made out through a bluish fog.

Following Nero into the cave, Lethe stopped to look at the markings on the wall. She had no idea what they meant but they sure looked nice! One of them showed a fish which reminded her of the mysterious fish thief. Feeling rather down again she went to where Nero was in front of the mirror. Deciding that it was looking very pokable, Lethe extended her finger. To her surprise, her finger went straight through the supposed mirror. When she withdrew her finger from the, uh, mirror (?) it was covered in condensation. Giving it a sniff, and maybe a taste, she realized it tasted and smelled just like a water elemental (don't ask her how she knew that.) It seemed that this was a portal to the Water Elemental Plane!

Having investigated the cave as well as the portal thoroughly, the duo came to the conclusion that going through the portal without any preparation wouldn't be the best idea. Giving up on the portal for now, they decided to focus their attention on finding the elemental.

Now that they were outside the cave, the two adventurers resumed their journey. They traveled for another half an hour till they reached a swamp. Moving became laborious as Nero had to drudge through the muddy ground. Having traveled all day in the sun, Nero decided to rest his tiring legs and climbed on a nearby tree branch.

Not one to decline a good rest, Lethe found her own branch to lay down on and take a nap. Barely a minute had pasted when they heard the distinctive sound of a water elemental. Not wanting to spook the wandering creature, Lethe waited till it had made its way near her branch and tossed Martin at it. Neither party expected such a move and were utterly bewildered when they collided with each other. Martin had somewhat gotten used to his masters incoprehensible ways and recovered rather quickly. The water elemental, on the other hand, was still utterly baffled; frozen in place staring at the tiny rabbitkin who had just thrown a sentient orange blob at it.

Now that she had properly gotten it’s attention she smiled sleepily at it and gave it what would barely qualify as a wave.

Nero dropped down from the tree and faced the elemental. He fully expected a fight to break out now that a slime had been thrown. After a few tense moments where nothing happened, Nero decided to break the silence," Hi there, I'm Nero, and this is Lethe."

That awkward first greeting that seems to afflict every first meeting out of the way, Lethe was rather pleased. The elemental, however, was looking at them like they were freaks. Never in its many, many years of life had it gotten such a reception! I mean what kind of summoner throws it’s own summon at someone? And what exactly were this colossus and shrimp doing together in the first place? He had never seen an odder pair and was thoroughly mystified. His utter confusion at the current situation was even greater than that of why and where he was on this infernal material plane.

Not waiting for it to make any sort of serious move, Lethe pulled a few signs out of goodness knows were that read: Portal Pals— we find portals, you find us (aka pay us and we can get you home.) With a light cough to draw the elemental’s attention Martin took out a business card and handed it to the even further confused elemental.

Nero, who was just as confused as the water elemental at this point, read the signs and decided to improvise.

"You look like someone who is lost in a foreign dimension. But you don't need to worry, we can send you back to your world."

He glanced sideways at Lethe, wondering if he was interfering with her plans.

Deciding that the taller being looked like the safer and saner option, the elemental attempted to communicate with him. Unfortunately for him, as is often the case in these situations, there was a pretty difficult language barrier. Thankfully, the ever prepared Martin brought out a small bell and rang it. The sound of breaking brush, sloshing of mud and cursing could be heard right after it was rung and soon a somewhat salty translator by the name of Jebb appeared.
    “You better be paying me twice the usual rate for requesting my services out in the sticks like this. Sketchy alleyways are one thing, but this is a whole nother story. Besides, what if I run into my mother this close to home? I don’t need any more of her nagging about how I’ve ruined my future by choosing the wrong major.”

Finally noticing Nero and the water elemental Jebb quickly straightened himself out and put on his best business smile. “Now what can I do for you both on this fine day?”

Lethe, at this point, was still sitting on her branch feeling rather drowsy.

Nero was amazed at Lethe's useful summons as well as her tendency to fall asleep in any situation. In stark contrast, Jebb looked alert and ready for translating.
    "I'm glad to see you here Jebb, we need your services. I'm Nero and...", Nero spoke, gesturing at the elemental, " I want to know what he is doing here."

Jebb nodded and repeated the question to the elemental.

"It seems that this being is lost and searching for a way home."

"We have found a portal that might help. Directions to it will cost seven vials of magical water from its body.", Nero took out the vials from his bag.

"It has agreed to your demands.", Jebb replied. The elemental nodded and held out its arms to accept the vials.

After grabbing the vials, the elemental motioned for them to show him the way. Jebb, feeling that his job there was done, turned to leave while muttering: “Why do I always end up in the weirdest places? This is ridiculous. I need a normal job and even a half normal employer would do. If only I have listened to my mother and studied business. *sigh*”

Heading off on their merry way, Nero and Lethe started trudging towards the cave with Martin and the elemental trailing closely behind.

The gang entered the cave and currently stood before the portal. The elemental was practically bounced towards his home and gave our adventurers an enthusiastic wave as he dived through the portal.
    "Looks like our task is done over here. Shall we return? If we leave now, we could enter the city before sunset.", Nero spoke, satisfied with how the adventure had turned out.

Lethe agreed with a nod, and off they went to turn in the vials and complete their quest.
    -Acquired some of Marge’s Homemade Pie
    -Found Portal to Water Elemental Plane
    -Retrieved Vials
    -Sent Wandering Elemental Home
    @AliceShiki @WhitesRabbit48

12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, this was the most unexpected solution I could have heard of for this quest... You really were able to get the water vials in a sensible manner... And to think Lethe-chan knows a translator that talks with both slimes and elementals... I'm thoroughly impressed~

*coughs* Your reward is well earned, 18 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points for each~

Keep up the great job~ *smiles*

*mumbles to self once they leave* A portal to the Water Elemental Plane right next to Lakeside Village? Things are just getting busier and busier...

((*pokes @WhitesRabbit48 too*))

Arexio, A5G_Reaper, Razogul and 2 others like this.
  13. strikegunner

strikegunner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Fen was carving Holy symbol from a piece of wood*

“Hey! What are you doing”

“Carving?”

“With that axe?”

“Yeah, what’s wrong”

“You’re weird”

“What do you mean weird? I’m a normal person, you know?”

“We got a chisel and other carving tools for you, but you just do it with that axe. How are you not a weirdo?!” *sigh* “We had a girl who carves with rapier and now you? Give me a break!”

“Well, we use axe to cut woods right? Why can’t we use it to carve?”

“Of course we don’t use axe for carving, the scale is different! Is there something wrong with your head?”

“No, I can visit a doctor to check it though. Here another one” *hands the Holy symbol*

*big sigh* ((What’s wrong with adventures nowadays.))

“Do you have experience in carving? You work really fast.”

“I always sharpen a stick to spikes so it’s kind of the same feeling”

“Please, don’t mix that action with carving Holy symbols.” *Priest leaves the room*

*Looks to other work station* ((That guy is fast. Maybe I’ll try using chisel later))

((Yeah the tools are pretty good I can make several Holy Symbols in short time))

The priest enters the workshop

“I’m ba-! What is that!?” *point at a pile of Holy Symbols*

“Holy Symbols. Am I pretty good at using a chisel? I tried to use my feet to carve too but it is too slow” *grins*

“Oy! Why did you use feet in the first place! Is your next line gonna be “For more efficiency”?”

“For more efficiency. . . .” *shocked*

*silence*

Fen left the workshop when the sunset with. . . uh. . . . ((counting)) eighty-four? ((counting again)) Yeah, eighty-four.
    "handing in report for carving~"
    @AliceShiki

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  14. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Tagging @AliceShiki, since they didn't tag properly.
    X

15. strikegunner

Reading List:
    Link
    Ococ: thank you~

Nahrenne likes this.
  16. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    One big package arrived at the receptionist desk. It was from the masked man, Caligo. He then left a note next to the box.

Appraisal order for Jack. [ @A5G_Reaper ]
    9 x [Worn Leather Armor] => 9 x [Worn Leather Armor] | 8 Large Copper/piece
    2 x [Worn Bronze Chestplate] => 2 x [Worn Bronze Chesplate] | 12 Large Copper/piece
    1 x [Worn Iron Chestplate] => 1 x [Worn Iron Chestplate] | 15 Large Copper
    1 x [Worn Steel Chestplate] => 1 x [Worn Steel Chestplate] | 60 Large Copper
    8 x [Wooden Buckler] => 8 x [Common Wooden Buckler] | 12 Large Copper/piece
    5 x [Bronze Sword] => 5 x [Common Bronze Sword] | 12 Large Copper Coins/piece
    3 x [Bronze Axe] => 3 x [Common Bronze Axe] | 8 Large Copper Coins/piece
    1 x [Iron Mace] => 1 x [Common Iron Mace] | 12 Large Copper Coins
    2 x [Iron Sword] => 2 x [Common Iron Sword] | 12 Large Copper Coins/piece
    1 x [Steel Sword] => 1 x [Common Steel Sword] | 25 Large Copper Coins
    1 x [Archmagus Pneumonic’s Introduction to Organic Invasions - scholarly book] => 1 x [Archmagus Pneumonic’s Introduction to Organic Invasions] | 40 Large Copper Coins
    1 x [First Step into the Darkness - Initiate level spellbook] | 1 x [First Step into the Darkness - Initiate level spellbook] | 20 Large Copper Coins
    1 x [Unidentified Wooden Staff] | 1 x [Staff of The Acolyte] | 12 Large Copper Coins
    1 x [Alchemical kit(?)] | 1 x [Basic Alchemy Kit] | 25 Large Copper Coins
    ==================================================
    Appraisal Fee : 430 Large Copper Coins

Note:

[Staff of The Acolyte] : A staff that can channel the user's mana to make a small poison cloud
    [Archmagus Pneumonic’s Introduction to Organic Invasions ] : A book that detailed how to use animal or any living being for host of parasite
    [First Step into the Darkness - Initiate level spellbook] : A book that contained theory and the basic principles of how to make a dead body become an undead. Also include some random recipe for beginner level curses

Then he also left a note with the statement "Give them the item back after they have pay the fee to the receptionist".

OOC: Tag a receptionist and then pay your fee IC-wise. Thank you and good luck~

17. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Are you being sarcastic? That's 84% of the earning going to appraisal. If you don't want to do it you could just tell me, I'm not gonna break the game balance to sell those things. As it stand now, there's almost no point saving to redeem all those stuff, we'd make more progress investing the appraisal cost for more IC development.))

SpearOfLies likes this.
  18. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    Flying up to the receptionist's desk, Phinimimilomimo happily hummed to herself as she placed a piece of paper on the desk, before taking getting a pen and some paper using [Telekinesis].

"I've helped make some holy symbols for the festival, Fris!"

The little fairy smiled jovially as she wrote her report of what happened and handed it in for Aria (@AliceShiki) to read, along with the signed paper from the priest.
    Having been told by another guild staff member that she needed to go to the Church of Ralditorias, Phinimimilomimo cast [Illusion] on herself to make her look like an orc in order to avoid the flying cats. Upon reaching the church, the little fairy stared at the ostentatious building with an open mouth, as she dropped her [Illusion].
    'o'
    "It's...so...big, Fris...And Spiky...Fris..."

Seeing a priest in a flamboyant garb standing at the entrance and giving directions to some other adventurers, Phinimimilomimo also made her way over to him.

"Excuse me, Fris! I was told to come here for the holy symbol carving quest, Fris. Where do I go from here, Fris?"

The priest looked at her for a few seconds, before noticing the tiny guild badge on Phinimimilomimo's head.

"Ah, you're here for that quest? Many thanks for agreeing to help us at this exceptionally busy time - Lord Ralditorias has been smiling upon our perseverance these past few days. Go over there and you'll see another priest who will guide you to where you can do the carving. May Lord Ralditorias smile upon you and bless you with perseverance."

"Okay, Fris! Thank you for the help, Fris!"

Waving her little arms at the priest as she left him, the little fairy soon found the other priest and was guided to a large area filled with a few people all carefully chiselling away at blocks of wood.

"The design is quite intricate and small, so be sure to pay attention to the details when carving the wood. We won't accept failed products. This is the design for the holy symbol."

The priest held open a scroll with the symbol of a spiked sword inside a circle.

"Ohhhh, Fris. This looks interesting, Fris. I'll be sure to keep this image in mind, Mr Priest, Fris."

"Ah, well, you can keep the scroll for reference. We have plenty of them prepared for the influx of helpers, so don't worry about handing it in while still working on the holy symbols."

"Okay, Fris!"

Holding onto the scroll, Phinimimilomimo was guided to a pile a wooden blocks, with some chiselling tools provided nearby. Leaving the fairy to her quest, the priest returned to his station - dealing with other adventurers and carpenters who were doing the same task.

Inspecting the design, the little fairy turned to a single block of wood and used [Root Weapon] on it, to practice how to make the design. After a few mins of working out how to mould the wood into the shape of the symbol, Phinimimilomimo finally completed her first one.

"Ah, Fris! Yay, I finished it, Fris!"

Dancing in the air, the little fairy cancelled her spell and let the holy symbol fall to the ground. Examining it to make sure that all of the details were correct, she memorised how to do it and rested to regain her lost Mana. Once she'd fully recovered, she immediately activated [Root Weapon] and began bulk moulding the wood blocks into holy symbols.

Sometime later, with her Mana depleted, the little fairy slowly flew to the ground and rested on top of a pile of 163 holy symbols. The people near her who had accepted the quest, too, all looked at her in shock and amazement. Some of them went back to working on their own piles of holy symbols, while a few looked at their poor attempts at carving before admiring the little fairy's work. Noticing the few who were staring at her pile, Phinimimilomimo observed them and realised they had frustrated faces and cuts all over their hands from their bad attempts at carving.

"Hmm, Fris?"

Getting up and flying over to the nearest man, the little fairy could see that he had only managed to produce a very bad replica of the design - even though he had been there before she arrived for the quest. Seeing her fly over, the man watched her before saying:

"Wha' can ah do fer ya?"

"Hmm, Fris...I was wondering why you were injured, Fris..."

"Ah, tha's cos ahm no' good a' this carvin' thing. Ah can' make 'eads nor tails of i'."

Noticing splinters in the man's hands, Phinimimilomimo cried a little - little sparkly dew drops falling onto his hands as she wept.

"You poor thing, Fris....*sniff*And you've been working so hard, too, Fris...*sniff*"

"Nah nah, don' be cryin' fairy. I's no' like ah can suddenly use magic like yer can."

"Ah, Fris!" Phinimimilomimo stopped crying, "Take some of mine, then, Fris!"

"Wha'? Take somma yer's? Yer 'avin' a laugh."

"No, Fris! I insist, Fris! It's not fair if you've worked so hard and got nothing out of it, Fris!"

"Well...if yer say so..."

The little fairy flew over to her pile, the man following behind her, and gave about 23 of her holy symbols to him, while smiling sweetly.

"There you go, Fris!"

"Many thanks to yer. To be honest, ah really needed the money from this. The kids're feelin' sick and nee' some med-ee-sin."

"Ah, Fris! Then all the more reason you should take them, Fris!"

"Tha' ahl do."

The man carried the 23 holy symbols to the priest, who signed a paper and gave it to him to hand into the guild. The man then waved at Phinimimilomimo with a smile on his face, before leaving the church - his hands no longer looking injured.

Soon after, some other people came up to the little fairy, sharing the same problem as the man before. Not wishing to see such sadness from a task she had found very easy, Phinimimilomimo gave them some of her holy symbols each. By the time she had 25 left, the priest - who had been watching - eventually came over with a smile on his face.

"Little one, the day grows late and you need to keep what's left of your symbols for you to hand in. Otherwise, I'm afraid you will have failed this quest."

"Ah, Fris! I completely forgot I needed to hand them in, Fris!"

She hit the palm of her tiny hand on her forehead as she remembered why she was there, before using [Root Weapon] to move the symbols to the priest.

"Phinimimilomimo, an E-rank adventurer handing in 25 holy symbols, Fris!"

Counting them all, to ensure the number was correct, the priest smiled and wrote out a slip with his signature confirming that she had finished the task. Handing it to her, he smiled some more as he said in farewell:
    "Your perseverance in making people happy has not gone unnoticed, Phini-chan. Lord Ralditorias is surely smiling down on your hard work. Thank you for what you've done today, it's been of great help to us here at the Church."

"Think nothing of it, Fris! I found it quite fun to do, Fris! Bye, Fris!"

Waving at the priest as she left, Phinimimilomimo carried the slip of paper as she hid herself within an [Illusion] once more.
    Initially made 163 holy symbols.
    Handed in 25 holy symbols.
    Several npc adventurers got to hand in the other symbols she made for their own rewards.
    Proficiency in [Root Weapon] increases to 5% max Mana cost per 2 minutes.
    X

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Can you tone the number down a bit please? Like... Something in the double digits or something...

The amount you're earning is bordering what we'd pay for a C-rank quest... It's a bit too much to give 38 Large Copper for a single E-ranked quest... >.>))

20. strikegunner

Reading List:
    Link
    down to 85 now :3