Forgotten Title I’m trying to remember

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by silky1351, Feb 15, 2019.

1. silky1351

silky1351 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a while back I used to read a web fiction about a young man who lives in a community of elderly who enters a game/virtual world to make a living or/and search for answers.......he starts in place with little or no people as it not a place for newbies..... later he gets super equipment or skill and starts mining ⛏ a mountain ⛰........there’s a dragon I think ......oh there is a girl with I believe a crazy father .....at some point I think he purchase gaming equipment for the elderly to share in the community......I think the author name starts with “P”.

Please help I would normally have a list of the story I read but my pc was fried by electrical storm ⛈!!!

Glint likes this.
  2. Ajihat89

Ajihat89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dam That sucks, I know how that Feels, my PC also got shorted by falling lighting. Hopefully someone will know the name of this novel. It sounds quite interesting.

3. Novetsu

Novetsu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How the fuck does that even happen

4. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lightning strikes power or telecomms equipment (including a building with an improperly grounded lightning rod) in your vicinity & shoves several thousand/million extra volts into the circuit your computer gear is on.

Surge Protectors & UPS systems will mitigate the risk somewhat (theoretically by blowing out/up before your actual computer gets the surge) but are not 100% reliable.

silky1351 likes this.
  5. Endo

Endo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it the one with retired veteran, disabled elderly? They ended up using the VR as a second chance in life and teach the boy's people in VR? He also has a pet fox(?) who ended up going online with him?

If it is, then I forgot too~