Picked Up I Am A Child Of This House

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by mariahilise, Dec 8, 2018.

1. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want you to warn you that a lot of cuties grow up to be assholes! I was so so :blob_teary: when I found out .I had rooted for them but the adult arc was full of darkness :blob_coughblood:

2. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are a unpopular couple even in the Korean fandom
    Someone even told me the author had to make a extra story because the ML was so so unpopular

LokaLari, Leilacus and Mino Micha like this.
  3. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? I think he ..he okay at best . I guess he suffers in his own way .
    He more easily forgiven by the American fans :blobsweat: the Korean community was harsh on the poor guy
    I had thought it would be the opposite .

4. MikotoP

MikotoP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I ask who?!:blobfrowning:

LokaLari likes this.
  5. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is spoilers for the end arc but the blind girl and the brother friends betray them.I was rooting for the friends so I was coughing up blood .the blind girl was a victim who grew up to be the aggressor and the blond friend is the attempted rapist .The royal family is evil period.The knight is a teenager in this arc but when he becomes a adult for some reason he a bit of a jerk too.This also caused the brother trauma and made his hatred of humans worse.

LokaLari, Lola_Neres, Mikaa and 17 others like this.
  6. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Charles end up with someone else in the sequel

7. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, now I'm freaking out :sweating_profusely: Should I keep going with this? Or not?? I'm at a loss now :blob_teary:
    :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

LokaLari likes this.
  8. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it your choice
    This novel is one of the darkest in the I am a daughter of something genre
    All of those novels tend to be dark and fluffy
    For example Keital almost kills his baby in the Daughter of the emperor
    Claude almost kills his child in Suddenly a princess
    The child of this house is a bit of subverted trope as it reverse with the dad doting on her right away but her life in danger later
    All three novels had murder and mental anguish
    They suffer from the same fatal flaw
    The father is the true ML and that who the readers like the other love interest can't even compare
    trust me everyone gagging on the ML s in suddenly a princess webtoon now but when the novel first came out readers struggled to recall the ml names :sweating_profusely:
    [​IMG]
    Today too i seduce (not sexual)my dad
    [​IMG]
    I am a demon king daughter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    upload_2019-2-12_23-42-0.jpeg
    youngest princess of a tyrant emperor
    These novels belong to the same genre except maybe the king daughter I heard everyone a asshole .:blobpeek:

9. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess I should power on then. The other three I'm so far reading do have violence & psychological trauma in them :sweating_profusely:

The "I am a Demon King's Daughter" looks interesting! Is there a translation for it somewhere?? :blobwoah:

LokaLari and nielyti like this.
  10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that got creepy fast. That's why I avoid female protagonist novels on here

11. Popcrazy

Popcrazy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can you elaborate without spoiling too much? isn't Emel the ML? he seems like a pretty nice guy in the webtoon, unless his personality goes through some drastic transformation (that doesnt make sense to his character) I just cant see him ever being a jerk to the MC :unsure:

also where can I read this novel? is there a english translation somewhere?
    at least it doesnt seem like the webtoon will go this dark.. but then again maybe its lulling us all into a false sense of security to catch us off guard later

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    LokaLari, chels_hotnacho and nielyti like this.
  12. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He not a jerk but he older then her
    For god sake he took care of her when she a kid
    also as the story goes on he suffers mental anguish and cries a lot
    turning to alcohol abuse
    which is a turn off for fans I think maybe the author was trying to make a unique male lead but it backfires because people feel he not good enough for her
    also
    He turn her down the first time she confess -_-

LokaLari, Mikaa, minimoni and 9 others like this.
  13. Popcrazy

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of expected him to turn her down at first tho, seeing her as less of a woman and more like a charge he has a responsibility to protect, putting his duty first above everything else. like you said he's older and she's basically a kid. it will probably take some time for him to start to see her as something more.. as for the achohol abuse it depends on his reasons for turning to it I guess..did he go threw something traumatic? I've seen male leads who have done a lot of worse things to their mc's in other webtoons, so drinking problem seems pretty forgivable. In "the abandoned empress" the MC is raped and executed by the prince, who's basically the typical aloof jerk archetype, and she still ends up with him in the end. I dropped it as soon as I found out.

but an ml who's not depicted simply as a perfect knight in shining armor, but a human with moments of weakness is pretty rare and would be a nice change of pace

14. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no there is no english translation as far as i know
    Emel is the ML which caught everyone off guard so many people didn't realize even when he was on all the covers !
    He too old for her and becomes very attached to her after the kidnapping incident .He feels very guilty and decides to die for her. She also gets closer to him after that incident and confess to him.
    He turns her down because they are not equal in age ,status and maturity. He thinks she might not really love him but is attached to him because he the one who always taking care of her since she a kid. He the one explaining things and playing with her so she imprinted on him like a baby duck. As the older and more mature one ? :hmm:He left and she cried a lot. It was like Twilight basically .Everyone was hoping for a new ML but he returns as a noble to properly court her. The fans were hoping for face slapping because she talk a big game on how she was going to flirt with other guys to hurt him and she went to a bunch of parties but she realize she was being petty .She was also hurting herself because she didn't even like parties. The fans were like the MC is becoming stupid thanks to the Ml. They do get together but stuff happens and he thinks she dead .(i think her body was dead but she comes to life)He turns into a crying alcoholic which made fans :facepalm: He was so pathetic and this novel is marketed for young woman who wants a fantasy romance . It worse because the father and brother is so cool and all fans were hoping for a twist that reveals she isn't the daughter so she can marry the brother .I heard some prefer the incest route to this loser. The Ml was also a secret mission for the dad but they kept it a secret so it hurt the MC feelings badly. :blobangery: It also made her ashamed in front of that fake white lotus.The ML did redeem himself in the end saving her from the rapist and freeing the family from the royal family but it took too long .By the end fans were jumping ship :sweating_profusely:.The ML became known among the novel community as only average at best or a pathetic loser .I think Korean fan base is a bit harsh on him so I am curious if the american fan base will have the same reaction.
    Everyone loves the dad and brother .They don't know why she chose him .Is she blind? Did she lower her standards too much because she knows no can compete with her family?
    I personally defend him when I meet fans who hate him and insult him when fans like the guy. I don't know how I feel about him.:blobdizzy:
    He really a huge topic when people discuss the novel in the forums.

Herbie420, LokaLari, Mikaa and 23 others like this.
  15. Popcrazy

Reading List:
    Link
    'He feels very guilty and decides to die for her" how does that help anything? :blobconfused:
    these kinds of developments make the story seem like the plot of a bad korean soap.

"She was also hurting herself because she didn't even like parties. The fans were like the MC is becoming stupid thanks to the Ml." yeah.. this sadly happens a lot when 'romance" is being portrayed from the view point of a female mc. they become super clingy and over emotional as soon as they fall in love, any character development they may have gone through, before that point gets thrown out the window as they become frustratingly indecisive, they sit and wallow in their own self pity while obsessing over the ml, they also make a lot of impulsive, irrational, self destructive decisions where the outcome is basically that they only end up hurting themselves..
    but when its a male lead in an isekai story? oh boii..

he becomes a true "man" in every sense of the word. courageously slays the dragon and saves his waifuu and everyone celebrates him as a badass kind of sends the message that woman become weaker after they fall in love, but men go through a sort of evolution because of it, becoming something more then what they once were. this trend within romances seems kind of sexist. sorry went off an a tangent there.. :blobtriumph: I'm currently reading "my fiance fell in love with my younger sister" the mc fits into what I was describing on some accounts. the whole story is one pit of deep deep despair...

anyways I can see now why fans would be frustrated with the main couple with it being drawn out an angsty. hopefully the webtoon will handle things differently this time around. I still like the story.

LokaLari, Daisy18, limueee and 9 others like this.
  16. digitalreader

digitalreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But the eyes were pink! only a half like MC has pink eyes. that's proof that she is the duke's kids...halfs are suppose to be very rare! plus the queen treated the blind chick badly but the MC fairly well.

LokaLari likes this.
  17. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly never expected the guard to be the ML either. Even though his on the covers of every book and here I was heavily hoping for the Brother to be the ML or something.

LokaLari likes this.
  18. myling

myling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The blindfolded girl who showed up during the Queen and Estelle's teatime is the princess.
    There was other pink eyed daughters in that family bloodline but they all ended in tragedy. maybe it theirs ?The father forbade the MC from finding out as the info is too mature for her .
    FYI -I heard the first born is always born with red eyes (feared )so it always the second child who can have pink eyes. They are super rare and men are always trying to catch them so it is a double edge sword. They are both blessed yet cursed .

19. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    I can see why the Korean fan base hated the ML based on the spoiler. The ML sounded very pathetic indeed. Honestly, no one would have guess he is the ML (even though he is on every cover) because he gives off a very brotherly feeling in the beginning and readers would think he is just a bystander character for the MC to grow up or a second ML to support MC throughout her life. Having a twist in the plot where MC isn't the daughter seems very probably because there was no DNA check or magic used to find the origin other than her pink eyes
    which royal family could also get.

LokaLari, Mikaa, Rais_ya and 3 others like this.
  20. miko_

miko_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I don't care about ML here anymore (let me just say he was like 18sth at the start and t MC was previosusly high school student so 16 plus current MC age at the start od series so mentally they are about the same age, the physical age is vast so I agree it may be offputting) I just saw a few chapters of the manga (got hyped for nth and cute art) but I don't want to read anymore due to spoilers so that will be my last message here.
    I can't forgive abuse! Dont like him anymore

But really thanks for the spoilers its eyeopening ^^

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    LokaLari and cometothedarkside97 like this.