Discussion Coiling Dragon Nostalgia (3+ years whoa)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by TerraEarth, Feb 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda glad read early chappyy from early CN WN boom~ back then it kinda fun to see fast release~
    on down side I realize how I lost much interest toward that genre~ even way before reach peak
    ST, CD, ATG, BTTH~
    yeah those have quite interesting premise and add with how dominant JP LN back then (WN still scarce only remember mushouku tensei, shield bro, and word master) they seem fresh but alas I agree to some point from WW post about how CN reader react toward some translation~ hmm new thing fun for awhile~

for CD I really lost interest after he escape from King who have relation kill his mother~ church of light?

2. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    from what I remember she only wanted a normal life, she first followed him cause he saved her, later she didnt want to stay with him cause he was too oustanding. By then Linley was second only to Deilia's brother in the school rankings, so this "he is a nobody" there is a nosense. The not being worthy was she saying about herself.

The part about hiding it from him, I dont remember it exactly, but kinda sure their first encounter was Linley slaughtering a bunch of beast or humans... I'd probably do the possible to avoid giving such ppl any not welcome news.

when I said Delia was mindless, cause she aways followed mc whatever he says, as any xianxia good wife, there is absolutely nothing to distinguish her from her actions. I know its the plot, but she waited for like 20 years? even when she reunited with mc again, he just DIDN'T care for her at all. Only after a lot of years later, after creating a empire did mc decide it was time for him to have children so he was after her.

if the book is different from what I said, it may have gotten a revision? last time I read it was before joining NU...

what I mean for will, is that she was the only to ever oppose the mc. The others aways agreed with him or were neutral. Just read above. Unfortunately her later appearance was different of how she was at first, and author gives to undestand as if she regreated her early actions (maybe to appease fans). :/

the second later half of the novel was a disappointment to me, there is no way I'm re:reading it to confirm my claims, so I'm done here.

3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ur only quoting only a small part of what I said while conveniently ignoring the rest. She didn't oppose him, she just cheated on him and didn't hv the guts or even the conscience to inform him that they were no longer a thing. From where do u get the idea that being dishonest/disloyal= opposition? I reread those parts and there's nothing defensible about her actions.
    Right at this moment, Alice was walking hand-in-hand with another young man, a hint of a smile on her face. If Linley was here, he would definitely have been able to recognize that this young man was Kalan.

“Bastard.” A murderous look was on Yale’s face.

Reynolds was furious as well. “These past two months, Linley has been going to her home time and time again, waiting bitterly for her. He’s been recording all of his activities down in a memory crystal as well, like an idiot. And he even told us that in the future, he was going to marry this Alice. f**k this!”
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Seeing his three dear friends, a bitter smile was on Linley’s face. In his heart, he murmured to himself, “Boss Yale, Second Bro, Fourth Bro…all of you accompanied me in drinking and said so many words of encouragement to me. I understand what you guys are thinking. For Alice to miss our appointment these past two, three times, I too had a bad feeling, but…I don’t believe it. I’m not willing to.”
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Alice was walking on the streets, holding hands with Kalan. Kalan gently said, “Alice, are you not planning to make things clear to Linley?”

“Maybe later.” Alice shook her head.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Holding Alice’s hand, Kalan was totally content.

“Alice, when do you think you’ll make things clear to Linley?” Kalan asked again. Kalan really didn’t want Alice and Linley to stay entangled much longer.

Alice shook her head. “I don’t know either. But I believe that if I don’t meet with big brother Linley for a long period of time, in time, the feelings will fade. By then, if I say goodbye to him, he won’t have as strong a reaction.” [Note: Just excuses. It's already been months now since she last met/talked to him and she doesn't even hv the basic courtesy to let him know of her decision.]
    --------------------------------------------------------
    [Note: They meet here by accident, otherwise god knows how much longer Linley would hv been kept in the dark.] “Big brother Linley, you’ve always been so filled with vitality, and you are also very good to me. You are very hard working as well. I must admit that you are very perfect. But…this isn’t enough. For example, this time, when my father went gambling, he lost several hundred thousand gold coins! But all big brother Kalan had to do was ask his family to help, and this matter was easily resolved.”

Alice looked at Linley. “Big brother Linley, this is something you aren’t capable of doing. Although my father is a gambler and an alcoholic, he’s still my father.”

“Just because of this?” Linley said gently.

“No.” Alice continued. “Not just this. I’ve discovered that big brother Kalan has always been very good to me as well. He grew up alongside me, and I’m very familiar with him. But with regards to you, I’ve always felt as though you’ve been shrouded by a layer of mist. I can’t see you clearly.”

“You are a genius magus at the number one magus institute in the continent, and at age 15, you were able to have your own private exhibition booth at the Proulx Gallery. By the sound of it, you are very perfect, but because of that perfection, I feel like I can’t see you clearly.” [Note: She didn't seem to hv any complaints about Linley being a "stranger" when things were going well, but now that they've broken up, it "naturally' bcomes a complaint. She could hv just asked him about his life b4 if she was so concerned. Communication between couples, and all that. Not exactly a novel concept, and not hard to achieve.]

Alice’s voice grew lower. “The most important thing is, the two of us are always in separate places. At the beginning, it wasn’t so bad, but as time went on, I got tired. I’m used to always having someone by my side, just like how big brother Kalan is always by my side.”
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    After a long time passed, enough for the wine to grow cold, Linley spoke. “Alice, do you remember what we once said to each other? I once said to you, I can directly come live with you. But you told me, no. You don’t want to interrupt my training.”

“But now, you say that I’m never with you?” A very pained smile was on Linley’s face.

Alice wanted to speak, but there was nothing she could say.

Everything she had just said was just excuses.

Looking at Alice, Linley continued. “Alice, do you remember that first time we were together in a hotel, you said to me, you hoped that if my love for you disappeared, I would tell you and wouldn’t hide it from you. You would quietly leave me.”

Linley suppressed his agitation, forcing himself to remain calm. “Back then, I also said, if you ever feel like you’ve lost your feelings for me, I too would hope that you would tell me directly and not lie to me. I, too, would quietly leave.”

Alice’s eyes grew moist.

“It isn’t a big deal that you are now with Kalan. But I wish you didn’t deceive me. For you to now be with Kalan behind my back and not openly explain things to me, to let me continue to harbor hope in my heart, to let me wait for you time and time again….do you know how it feels to wait for someone like that?”
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    On his feet, Linley looked at Alice, but he didn’t answer her question. After a while, a faint smile appeared on his face. “Alice, if I’m not mistaken, we started our relationship on November 29th of last year. Today is also November 29th. It’s been a full year. Thank you. At least you’ve given me some beautiful memories.”
    Her excuses r bigger than CN plot holes and flimsier than xianxia logic.

Don't forget that "Alice who could say no" was relegated to being second wife of Kalan. Even tho she didn't like it, she couldn't muster up the "will" to say NO, then.
    There was nothing redeeming about about her b4 the break up.
    Again. I clearly remember that part, and it didn't ever go like u said. I would've even quoted the text to refute ur claims had it not been too troublesome to do so (as this part is spread out over multiple volumes).

That said, hv u even read the book properly? Seems more like u r making up ur own version of the events.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Delirious likes this.
  4. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    What the fuck of this abomination called Manhua?

Slayerwolfx2, Blitz and otaku31 like this.
  5. otaku31

Reading List:
    Link
    I suspect it of being a conspiracy to turn readers away from the CD novel. :blobshh:

Cuz, honestly speaking, had I read the manhua first, I wouldn't hv touched the novel with a barge pole. :blobthumbsdown::blobangery::blob_catflip:
    One can only breathe a sigh of relief that it was cut short. :sushi_sigh:

Slayerwolfx2 and Blitz like this.
  6. TerraEarth

TerraEarth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually don't read manhuas, I only skimmed it this time to refresh my memory. It has been 3+ years and I don't have the time to read the whole novel over from the beginning.

7. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    I noticed that IET novels are getting destroyed by the Manhua version :blobdevil::blobdevil:

Came for nostalgia, get a fuckin abomination :blobpoliceangry:

Delirious and otaku31 like this.
  8. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty weird how badly you're defending her. You clearly skimmed the novel if you actually ever "read" it at all. First of all, in her head, she thought that no matter how amazingly talented Linley was, he would never amount to being a noble like Kalen and therefore, unable to provide the comfortable "normal" lifestyle she wanted. To her, Linley being as brilliant as he was, was a warrior. Someone that had to fight and be in danger constantly to put a basic meal on the table. Kalen was daddy'es little bitch and just being his son meant she could live a comfortable and sheltered life. Right off the bat, she's a shallow gold digging whore. Fyi: This is way before he was considered a grandmaster in sculpting.

Secondly, she wasn't "afraid" OF him. So just because he killed a bunch of people means nothing. If she was, she wouldn't have revered him the way she did and experienced puppy love with him. She was afraid of hurting him and too scared to admit that she's a trashy human being for abandoning him for an easier life after CHEATING ON HIM. She knew Linley would never hurt her and in her own bullshit way, tried to protect him from HER.

Thirdly, Delia liked him since they were children and throughout her life, no one had made her feel the way she did when she was with Linley. Unlike Alice, she was someone with integrity. Until she felt she had moved on, she didn't want to date anyone else just in an attempt to forget him because she knew it was unfair to her and the other party. Linley, jeez, it was said many times that his heart had been frozen because of Alice's betrayal and was insecure around women. The novel itself states Linley was someone that wasn't easy to get a place in his heart, but if he did let you in, was very passionate and loyal. That's why the dude puked blood when Alice confronted him after he found out she was cheating. It literally almost killed him. That's also why when they were gradually getting closer and Delia ran away from her perfectly sheltered life to be with him, got pissed at himself for making her wait for so long. As cliche as it is, Delia's unconditional love for him thawed his frozen heart that Alice caused. So no, he absolutely cared for her, he just couldn't risk a second Alice because it would break him.

There is a reason why Delia is considered by most people to be IET's best heroine. It's just he suffers from what we call, "can't write romance for shit syndrome." That's why she wasn't expanded on as much as we would have liked. She didn't just follow Linley because she was his "xianxia wife." That was her personality, she liked watching Linley do his thing and was there to back him up if he needed it.
    Other than the fact the author is horribly disappointing when it comes to romance, there was nothing wrong with Delia.

As for your last bit about her will, I already explained it. That's blatantly retarded that she has more will just because she cheated on the MC and said no, they couldn't be together.

In closing, don't say something if you can't actually confirm your claims: "there is no way I'm re:reading it to confirm my claims".

TL;DR - Ya, I wrote an essay. It's more like a memo to me from remembering the novel. Anyway, if you liked Alice better, that's fine. Just remember, if she was your gf in reality, you would have been cucked because she's a gold digging whore. Peace.

9. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no point in quoting a entire text, we both know what you wrote, I quote so you know I'm replying you.

I read every chapter, every word, but there is like, 3 years or more. What I said here is what I remember from the novel. Since you two claim is different, the translation may have gotten a revision or something.

When I read, I liked Alice romance part way more than Delia, I doubt I can make you two change your mind, neither you will manage to change my. I believe OP thread was about a nostalgia of remembering the good part of the novel, I stated what I liked and felt regreat about, but now we have gone way out of the thread.

I still think Alice romace was perfect, the start and how it ended, if its changed in the translation, I will probably be sad, so I wont look.

10. otaku31

Reading List:
    Link
    Knowing and acknowledging r 2 different things entirely. The text I quoted out of was from RWX's original TL made into epub (way back in 2015). Neither the text nor the TL has changed. U r just talking out of the back of ur head, something which I pointed out- with proof I may add, which u conveniently keep ignoring.

I've had clashes of opinion with others b4 but, atleast, they had the decency to acknowledge the whole of my argument/proofs and counter with their own evidence/logic.

I reiterate: The translations didn't change. U hv either not read the book thoroughly or u just remember wrong. U hv based ur opinion on facts which simply don't exist. So, don't go around making irresponsible statements with half-baked knowledge. Just be satisfied with ur "dream version" of CD. Ciao!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  11. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, dude, I read that shit when it was coming out. The original uploads before the VERY recent re-edit, which is NOT a revision (in the way you're thinking of) that was changed for the Amazon Epubs. From the first day, these chapters were Tl'ed and uploaded, RWX didn't edit or touch them. The only time they did anything was when he officially released them on Amazon and went through to fix spelling and grammatical errors. Believe me, I have Epubs from way back then and I own the Amazon novels, nothing changed other than the fact it reads more fluidly and there are very few grammatical errors.

Like I said, even if we take away what Alice did and why she did it, most people still liked Delia better. Not saying you can't like Alice, that's not what I'm saying. All I'm saying is that, for whatever reason, you seem to want to ignore all her bs, the betrayal, cheating, and just being a shitty person in general to only focus on the very minute details of her being in puppy love with Linley and calling that a "perfect" romance. And think that because she told Linley "no" they couldn't be together, after months of cheating on the guy, it somehow makes her more realistic than Delia and other characters. That's the only reason we're having this convo. It's straight up cringe.

You like what you like, and if that is your nostalgic remembrance for this novel, more power to you. I engaged in a conversation because what you had to say made no sense to me and so I attempted to argue with you, not in the hope's you would jump ship, but to at least clarify and give legitimate reasons for saying what you did. But after several messages, nothing has changed. Even worse, you double down on your claims and even admit to not reading the novel enough to know if what you're saying is factual.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm attacking you, and also for writing such long messages. I tend to go on tangents and don't like simplifying what I have to say if I feel it's important to me. What I do hope is for you to give the novel another chance and read it all the way through. Not to change your mind, but because I genuinely feel you're missing out on something.

Again, sorry if It feels like I'm being antagonistic and writing long messages. Hope you have a good day and have fun reading some novels, peace. :blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR:

otaku31 likes this.
  12. Arexio

Arexio Blob Fanatic | AG Player

Reading List:
    Link
    I was the same way. It was one of my firsts too (now I've read too many to count). Still remember getting excited when he went to a new realm/plane.

Btw @JenniferNewson, noticed you're a new member. Come by the newbie thread for an official welcome! You can receive some recs too if you have a favorite genre.

13. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    First novel I've ever read... also best one read, ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.