Spoiler Death Progress Bar (BL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by merode, Jan 30, 2019.

1. merode

merode Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have been following this novel since it first got translated by Fine By Me Translations.
    It's so good, but I couldn't find a spoiler thread for it.

Summary (from Fine By Me Translations):

Genres: Action, Drama, Mystery, Romance, Shounen Ai, Slice of Life, Yaoi
    Original title: 生存进度条[穿书]
    Author: Can’t Play Chess (不会下棋 )
    Source: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3462011
    NU link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/death-progress-bar/

Synopsis:
    Shi Jin read a book that was supposed to be a satisfying story about revenge.

The main character of this book, also called Shi Jin, was the sixth son of his harem-novel-protagonist-like father. All was fine while his father was alive, but after his death, Shi Jin’s five older half-brothers stopped doting on him and began to torment him, which led to his death. Then the protagonist was reborn, with determination to take revenge on his brothers, and after that… the novel was discontinued.

Shi Jin had almost spat out blood and angrily dropped the book into the shredding machine. A day later, he died in a car accident yet survived somehow, transmigrating into the body of a teenager, also called Shi Jin.

There was only one problem. His father just died, and his brothers were about to begin tormenting him…

Shi Jin: My goal is to eliminate my brothers’ hatred and keep my life!

-----------------------------------------------------

Any spoilers??

Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine
    @iampsyx @insteadofdeath @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime
    @LaDyViL @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @rainbowturtle @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie
    @UpInTheAir
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro
    @324722

2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn... for some reasons I expect it to be incest

3. merode

merode Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure the ML is Lian Jun (the big boss of a ”legal" criminal organisation). So no incest? But need some spoilers to confirm

Cherrypopper and kiara8 like this.
  4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Like, the mafia?

Cherrypopper likes this.
  5. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I havent finished yet, its so long. But heres some spoilers in random order

MC = Shi Jin
    Police officer in past life, dies in car accident, system names himself "Little Death" , he picked mc bc mc is a police and "if you have problems, go to the police!" :ROFLMAO: system acts very cute

ML = Lian Jun
    Leader of a legal mercenary group, works closely with gov. To shut down other mercenary groups, also in the process of turning his group into legal business. ML has weak body, due to being poisoned once, his legs are very weak&in pain so he is in a wheelchair 99%of the time. Also ml is the beautiful top type :blobsmilehappy:

Mc has 2 progress bars , one is his, one is mls . Ml is system's "precious baby" (idk why)
    If mcs bar reachs 100% he loses control of the body and has to go down the original storyline (tragic torture /abuse +death)
    If ml bar reaches 100% ml dies immediately.

So if the bar increases, mc knows that something dangerous is going to happen and he helps ml avoid/diffuse a lot of dangerous situations.
    50% of mls bar is residual poison in his weak body

Mcs brothers - they are all like 10years older then mc, when they were younger, 1st bro, 2nd bro, and all the moms made some kind of pact to pretend to be nice to mc and use mc so that dad will give them more money/resources.

Dad just used these women, stayed with them until they got pregant, then left them after son is born. Mc suspects its bc they all resemble dad's true love but i havent gotten there yet...something about dad wants a son that looks like his true love or something? And MCs mom looks the closest which is why he was obessed with her, and bc mc looks so much like her, thats why he cared only about mc , and was raising mc to be super naive and innocent

1st bro. Has own company, Takes over dads company, very competent businessman,
    2nd bro. Very famous Financial lawyer, only cares about profit/success, "cold hearted",
    3rd bro. Famous actor, keeps a kind facade to public, but actually quite vicious
    4. Serious soldier/high rank military person in air force
    5. Well known doctor with emotional/mental issues, attempts to kill mc

So the original story, all the brothers only pretend to be nice to mc until dad dies. Dad would give them resources based on how nice they were to mc. Once dad does, they all abanson and ignore mc. Dad had left all his inheritance to mc. Mc signed it, but since he still a minor (17) vice president of company took most of the power.

Then mc gets kidnapped and tortured for months, hebalso got disfigured, with them telling mc that its all his brothers doing of course. 4bro rescues mc, mc sees him as his hero, but then 4th bro leaves and mc never sees him again. 1st bro ahows up breifly , only to make mc sign the company away to him. 3rd bro comes to mock him in the hospital. 5th bro just stares at him creepily, while holding a scalpel, 2nd bro doesn teven acknowledge his existence, when they meet on the streets, hes like "i dont know you" then mc gets into a car crash and is paralyzed. 5bro takes him away, keeps him in his private clinic, and keeps threatning psychotically that hes going to kill mc. Eventually mc has a heart attack and dies and i dont think he was even 20...

QAQ mc is so tragic here.

6. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers! I would like to know if the relationship between MC and the brothers got better after MC take over host's body? Did they start to care about MC or it just got worse?

Lelouchb19 and Cherrypopper like this.
  7. haweii

haweii [mad scientist in-training] Fujoshi

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds like the fifth brother really wanted to torture or kill him. What's with the other brothers? In the translation it was written that all 5 wanted to kill him. Is someone else the true killer?

8. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened when mc was reborn

Cherrypopper likes this.
  9. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, transmigrated mc eventually has a really close relationship with all his brothers. They dont actually want to kill him, in the story they just cut off contact once he had no more use (besides 5th bro) havent found out the real reason behind his death, so far mc suspects their moms or other distant family members

Um.. fifth bro has some issues...his mom was obsessed with dad, and could not get over the fact that dad abandoned her. And in her delusions, she blamed 5'th bro being born for the reason why dad abandoned her. So after dad dies, she dies shortly after, his leads to 5th bro having a breakdown and wanting to make mc suffer too/kill mc in revenge.

But he wavers between not wanting to kill mc cuz he knows mc is really innocent, and wanting to kill his cuz emotionally unbalanced. Kidnaps mc when is injured during a gang fight with ml, mc manages to talk him back normal.

4th bro is the only one mc really likes at first, cause he actually put real emotion into being nice and caring although he stayed distant. 4th bro meets mc during mission between gov. And mls group, 4th bro trains mc to fight, and realizes mc has "changed" ie. No longer a naive, spoiled rich child.

3rd bro insults mc, mc insults back, they fight, somehow that leads to them getting closer. They develop a loving but bickering relationship

1st bro eased to tranisgrated mc first, cuz mc refused the inheritance and had it split between the 5 brothers, mc also pretended to commit suicide, then ran away from the hospital.

Mc accidently stumbles upon one of mls secret meeting places, and everyone things hes a spy at first, but then mc saves ml from some assination plot (he can tell from the progress bar rapidly increasing) and joins them eventually.

1st bro finds him, some talking and guilting 1st bro "what did i do wrong, the only thing i did was to be born" 1st bro slowly start seeing for mc as a little brother. But later on, when 1st bro reveals why they all treat him to uncaringly is because they only use him for profit, mc distances himself from. Some stuff happens i havent gotten too, but they repair their relationship eventually.

2nd bro is the most annoying, and mc hates him most....he meets mc during a annual 'legal mercenary group' conference with the gov. He is working as a lawyer for one of the groups. Mc followed ml to this conference. Mc tries to ignored 2nd bro at first, although 2nd bro keeps bothering him, but then ml and 2nd bros employer have to work together to defeat this other mercenary group and through daily interactions, 2nd bro starts to warms to mc, and mc is softhearted. I havent finished 2nd bros arc yet, they are still not on super nice terms, but later on 2nd bro will learn to actually use/feel emotions.

10. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ml is so sweet to mc, he starts to fall for mc, cuz mc does alot for him, always worries about his health, making him drink soup, and stop being picky about food, and coaxing him to eat more, and start massaging his legs, along him saving him multiple times from danger. Everyone in the mercenary group thinks that mc in secretly in love with ml bc of everything he does for ml. And even after ml develops feelings for mc, mc still has not realized he is in love with ml! :ROFLMAO:
    And everyone is just like "this dumb kid!!!" And ml is like =_= "when will you realize your own feelings..." And system is just "QAQ im sorry ml, i will find a way to retrieve his lost iq/eq”

Mc finally realized his feelings after he realized he is willing to use another persons life to exchange for mls, crossing his bottom line as a police officer. And then he asks ml temtatively if ml likes anyone. And ml stares at him and answers "yes" mc is super shocked, making wild guesses on who it could be, until ml get fed up and kisses him. And then they get together :blobrofl: but they take the relationship slowly...no xxx happens until near the end when mls poisoned is healed. (Although they do do other stuff inbetween) Mc had bought alot of stuff for them to use, thinking he would be on top and ml is just like :blobexpressionless: *push down* and uses everything on mc. (Fade to black~)

And everyone can tell they finally xxx right away cuz mc shows up the next day in a turtleneck shirt in the middle of summer. :ROFLMAO:

All the above is only up to chapter 64 and there is 167 total. Its so long!!

Some stuff happens in the middle about mc finishing high school, going to police academy, becoming vice leader of mercenary group, ml goes through brutal healing process to heal poison and regain use of his legs.

And i skipped to the end, and mc is graduating police academy , ml has closed his mercenary group, does real legal business (whatever that means) system somehow got a child human body??? And ml and mc treat it like their son and are engage to be married (which is legal in this world) ml opens a private elementary school just for system so it wont get bullied lol...

11. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me explain this some more...i dont think i explained well,....mc just thinks at first that the brothers want to kill him

Cause during the torture scenes, he was told its bc of his brothers orders. And original mc believed it.

He realizes after a while, that his death bar doesnt increase due to meeting his brothers, and that it has to be some other reasons, especially after he gets closer to them. Also, there is no reason for them to kill him, when they already took everything, it would be very unbeneficial to kill him

Also, after he starts mending their relationships his death bar does go down, bc they are all important/ powerful people who can help protect him.

12. wow199548

wow199548 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Free raws please?

13. Anuska

Anuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. wow199548

wow199548 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cherrypopper and Anuska like this.
  15. waraa

waraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Leaving my mark here to remember that I have finished MTLing this story...:blobparty:

Cherrypopper and Tsukkin like this.
  16. Food food

Food food Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler!!!! Please

Cherrypopper likes this.
  17. byunnie

byunnie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the true mastermind behind the kidnapping and torture of mc revealed ?

Cherrypopper and BlueCat3 like this.
  18. charysa

charysa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. There were actually multiple parties involved.

One party is the vice prez of MC's dad's company. He actually just wanted to scare MC for a bit to be able to better control the company through MC. He was also used as a scapegoat by the other parties when MC and ML starts investigating.

The most dangerous party is MC's eldest brother's mom. She changed the orders to the mercenaries so they would torture and kill MC, and he would've been killed eventually if his fourth brother hadn't come to the rescue. And actually, this woman wants to kill all of her son's half brothers and their moms, so that her family is guaranteed to be the only claimants to the dad's business empire. She was also most likely the person behind the car accident in the original timeline that ended up killing MC. MC hypothesizes that after his death, she would then start going after the other half brothers. However, unlike him, the other brothers are all powerful and well connected men, so the resulting "war" would likely to have far reaching consequences (and according to Little Death, contribute to the end of civilization). The eldest brother didn't know about his mom doing this behind his back; he at least knows murder is wrong.

The third party is the lawyer guy who showed up with the will at the beginning of the story. He was the middle man who hired the mercenaries. He also knew MC's dad's "white moonlight", and resented the dad for betraying that person's memories. He thus found many of the lookalike moms who bore some of the other half brothers, and introduced them to the dad to see how low he would sink into his delusions. Though, he did not know about MC's mom, who actually turned out to be the biological sister of that person. But because he didn't know this, he also had a huge resentment against MC and his mom for looking so much like that person and defiling their memories, and hence why he had the mercenaries disfigure MC's face.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  19. Erlevien

Erlevien Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Um, may I also ask...
    Whether there are any cute moments between the MC and ML,
    And between MC and his elder brothers?
    Like do they become protective and caring over MC.. Etc, any cute moments?

Avrohom, Cherrypopper and Renn Kazma like this.
  20. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did mc and ml get revenge on them

Cherrypopper and wow199548 like this.