Discussion What is your perfect house?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Prolux, Feb 18, 2019.

1. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    The perfect house being located where the internet is great and cheap and every essentials like grocery, places to do something and great school is all in near by?

2. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The perfect house would for me be something I don't have to maintain yet having the luxuries of modern life and really sturdy.

So, a true treasure flying palace from Swallowed Star.

3. congvthc

congvthc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont need a house, all i need is a place where it wont get hotter than 80 degrees F, or lower than 60 degrees F

4. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been watching a lot of van conversion videos on youtube and I've got to say, it's been enlightening. It does seem to be quite viable as a housing option.

RizYun likes this.
  5. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One with a portal to an elf forest that comes with an automatic translation skill for you to understand the elfs!

6. lichdeath

lichdeath undead meatbun ^^

Reading List:
    Link
    OverlordPotato likes this.
  7. lichdeath

lichdeath undead meatbun ^^

Reading List:
    Link
    vans are too small try a truck preferably 2 that can open from the sides so you can park em next to eachother and then connect em for extra space

8. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    Gothic Victorian Architecture. Maybe when I get much money.

9. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, some people make do with an SUV or minivan, but if you've got the money, the way to go is a commercial van, especially one with a high top. From what I've seen on youtube, the favorites are the Mercedes Sprinter, RAM Promaster, and Ford Transit commercial vans. They have enough space so you can fit them out like a tiny-house on wheels. Of course, if you need more space, you can go with an old school bus or a box truck, but I think you'd need to upgrade your drivers license to a commercial version unlike the vans.

RizYun likes this.
  10. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    But back to the topic.

I've always wanted perimeter walls. :blobpeek: Not a fence or a stumpy brick wall. I want a heavy castle-type stone wall: 12-15' high and 4-5' depth, ie wide enough that I can jog on top of it (if I ever feel like getting off my butt). I want a wall sturdy enough that if the neighborhood has a massive flood, all I'd need to do is sandbag the main gate (and smaller side gates) and my plot of land can be an island. :blobhero:

11. OverlordPotato

OverlordPotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Beltran

Beltran Seafarer

Reading List:
    Link
    I dream of a house on an island I own. Not that demanding, but it should at least have fast and reliable Internet connection, sustainable environment, lots of space, lots of secret passages and rooms, and a mini library.

13. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as it has WiFi and clean bathroom. Even a cardboard is okay.

14. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    It must have a pool right outside Ai-chan's bedroom, or right inside Ai-chan's bedroom. It should have fully AI controlled electronics, allowing Ai-chan to say "Babe, turn the TV" or "Babe, make me orange juice". It should be fully green, both in construction and energy generation, paying electric bills in annoying. Ai-chan's dream house should also be so heavily fortified, that zombies can't break in even if they come 2 million at a time. Oh, let's not forget completely LCD paneling on the walls inside the house.

15. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    Moderately sized with a decent amount of land, surrounded by 6 meter high reinforced concrete walls, the top of the walls have electrified barbed wire. There has to be an extensive underground bunker going 3 levels down with installed ventilation systems. In the bunker are several green houses, storage rooms filled with long lasting survival food, equipment, fuel and car parts, guns and ammunition, cold weapons like swords, machetes and bows and entertainment systems with computers and servers, consoles, tv's and games, radio equipment and parts. There has to be a nearby underground reservoir monopolized by my house also.

There are several power systems include wind turbines, backup gas generators and solar panels.

That's all I could think of.

16. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Realistic: Two bedroom. Two bathroom. Single floor with basement(mostly to hold furnace water heater and laundry). Smallish kitchen(three butt) gas and solar electric utilities.

Perfect, but unrealistic: as above but built into solid rock in the side of a somewhat tall hill. All one floor with utilities off to one side. Bedrooms on the inside. Living room and kitchen towards the face of the hill with balcony facing so that I have a nice view of whatevers below and can see both sunrise and sunset if I so choose.

17. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    A chilly place in the green would be perfect

18. All mighty Asian

All mighty Asian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One with lots of trees and roof garden