Recommendations Looking for xianxia/xuanhuan with recurring cast

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by The Patriarch, Feb 18, 2019.

1. The Patriarch

The Patriarch Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for series where the characters aside from the MC are present at least for the majority of the story and have decent development. Something along the lines of the Douluo Dalu series where the cast grows together would be ideal but something like BTTH/WDQK where the cast shows up often enough that you have to think about who they are when their name pops up and stays with the MC for the majority of the time.

More or less avoiding super loner type MCs that develop shallow relationships with a character then never see them again until the last chapter. At a bare minimum something like Martial World where the character is on his own for the majority of the time but the characters are recurring enough or are a consistent motivation for the MC throughout. I'd like something that's already fully translated or at least will be completely translated within 2 months or so if possible but exceptions can be made if they're good enough. I've heard World of Cultivation come up often but the translation choices with retaining some of the pinyin made me a bit wary on it (you can try to sell it to me though I'm on the fence about it).

They can be light-hearted like AWE or something heavier so long as the interactions are there. I'd prefer it to be more closely related to Martial World/AWE/ED/ISSTH/BTTH in terms of locales and cultivation systems etc; opposed to the more modern DD2.

Things I've read already:
    A Will Eternal
    I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Battle Through the Heavens
    Wu Dong Qian Kun
    Douluo Dalu
    Douluo Dalu 2 (The Unrivaled Tang Sect)
    Against the Gods (dropped when he ascended to the realm of the gods for now)
    Martial World
    Emperor's Domination (I know the MC is a loner but it's more of a consistent reunion story and it's done well enough)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    EvilDevil likes this.
  2. Expatamoeba

Expatamoeba Have eyes but still couldn't see Mount Tai

Reading List:
    Link
    I highly recommend The Human Emperor. The side characters are always there with the MC. MC is building an army or something. It's really good imo.

EvilDevil likes this.
  3. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    I Recommend The Legend of Futian.

4. sanoy97

sanoy97 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    S4TY4 and EvilDevil like this.
  5. EvilDevil

EvilDevil Guardian Devil

Reading List:
    Link
  6. garunix

garunix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try out Reverend Insanity if you can stomach an evil protagonist.

It has a huge cast of recurring characters with a lot of development. Characters introduced in the first couple hundred chapters are relevant in the current raws at ch2200+. Whether they are allies, subordinates, business partners, enemies and even interesting characters that never personally meet the MC but are important to set up certain events or world-building. There is literally almost 100 recurring characters and their names are not even that hard to remember because they usually leave a lasting impression on the reader. If we just count the ones with emphasised character interaction it is still over 30 which is insane.

The strangest thing is MC is actually a loner type. He only trusts himself. And a lot of the time it's him against the world. You'd think with this kind of MC the story would only be focused on him but it isn't. One of the main themes of the novel is the butterfly effect he creates and how it impacts people to make future events drift out of his control. It also describes how the MC uses and manipulates people extremely well to achieve his goals and seek the maximum benefit possible

7. Dachi

Dachi Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Dachi

Dachi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    City of Sin is really good but it has the tragedy tag so be warned

9. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Red Envelope Group of the Three Realms, perhaps?

10. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link