Request Help To Vote For Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai Light Novels Translation Resumption

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by insania, Feb 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insania

insania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a piece of good news for those who are fans of the Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai light novels. There currently exists a possibility in which the light novel translations for Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai might continue. This is because that the translator for the Hundred light novels, Taekan, might translate the Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai light novels if enough people vote for it in a poll he posted on Strawpoll. I provided a link below to the poll for anyone who is interested in helping me to vote for the resumption of the series light novel translations. For everyone's information, the series is option number 9 on the poll in case if anyone has trouble finding it. The competition is tough since it is competing against 25 other light novel series in which there are a number of other light novels series which are more popular than itself. However, I am sure that if we all work together and vote for Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai, we might just be able to make the resumption of its light novel translations a reality. As such, I would like to encourage anyone who is a fan of Machine Doll to either vote for the series or if you had already done so, spread the word about this matter to get more people to vote for the series. Last but not least, I would like to thank everyone who helps me vote for the series in advance as your help is very much appreciated.

Edit: The English name of the series is Unbreakable Machine Doll and the Japanese name of the series is sometimes romanized as Kikou Shoujo Wa Kizutsukanai. I will provide a link to this series Novelupdates page here as well for people who want more information about the series.

Edit 2: Please stay on topic when posting in this thread guys. Do not ask people to vote for other series besides Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai since doing so is effectively voting against Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai since all of the series in the poll are competing against each other. I would also like to request that you do not ask ask about the translation status of other series/discuss about other series here since this thread is created solely to get people to vote for the resumption of the Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai light novel translations.

Edit 3: Second stage of the voting process has begun. Please remember to vote for Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai. The link to the new poll can be found in the link to Taekan's website below since for some reason, the forum does not allow me to link to Discord where the poll is hosted. For all intents and purposes, it is number 5 in the poll since the name for it in the poll is Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai. Take note that you need to have a Discord account with a verified phone to vote.

Edit 4: The poll is over. I would like to thank everyone who voted for Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai, you guys are awesome! While Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai did not win the poll, the fact that we all voted for the series shows the unity of the Machine Doll fanbase in our desire for the continuation of its light novel translations. Let's all hope that Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai's light novel translations get picked up by another group in the future so we can all continue reading its light novels.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    rakazzt and Deleted member 38284 like this.
  2. Lewisking50

Lewisking50 Voidseeker, King of literally nothing

Reading List:
    Link
    It's number 9 btw, in case anyone has trouble finding it.

3. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would help if it used English names instead of Original.

Das likes this.
  4. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I think vermillion should win... #26 guys in case you cant find it... but seeing out I'm the only one voting for it atm, I'm just gonna sit here in the corner and sulk some:blobpensive:

Edit: hey I got a buddy to sulk in the corner with now! Not so lonely anymore :blob_teary:

animanaicT and kenar like this.
  5. insania

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, the English name of the series, Unbreakable Machine Doll, is not too different from its Japanese name. I am more concerned about the fact that the Japanese name for the series may sometimes be romanized as Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai instead of Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai. Anyway, thanks for informing me about this, I will edit my first post to include the English name as well as both of the Japanese names of the series to help people to identify the series more easily.

6. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One vote from me I really like the anime and would really like to know how it goes further.

insania likes this.
  7. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i used to read it awhile back, but kinda fell out of interest

8. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is vermillion the demon one or the virtual reality one?

9. Das

Reading List:
    Link
    The virtual reality one, at least that's my guess... just followed the link above and saw it...

10. Spark Miku Miku

Spark Miku Miku Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't rakudai kishi no eiyuutan still being translated, or did that stop?

11. insania

Reading List:
    Link
    No offense to you but if you want to get people to vote for your series, I suggest that you make a separate thread for it. Making a post on this thread just to get people to vote for your series when it is pretty obvious that this thread is created for the sake of getting people to vote for Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai is somewhat obnoxious if I have to say so myself. After all, people can only vote for one series in the poll and if you ask them to vote for another series, it might as well be voting against Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai since every series in the poll is competing against each other. As such, I would like to request that you do not make such posts on this thread.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  12. GrimVeilRule

GrimVeilRule Dux Bellorum

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I can't help you Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan is on the list.

13. insania

Reading List:
    Link
    Please do not ask about the translation status of other series here since that is digressing from the topic of this thread.

14. Spark Miku Miku

Spark Miku Miku Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, if its still being translated, then wouldnt it be one less competitor for you to worry about taking Machine Doll's place?

15. Das

Reading List:
    Link
    Not gonna lie, wasnt my intention. Anyways the one I wanted doesnt have the slightest chance to win anyways, not do I really care if it does. Was just pointing out it was lonely being alone, and making a slight jab at you for pointing out the number as it was kinda funny. Either way though we both know who is gonna win at the end of the day, tho yours has the biggest chance, even if Tiny, to overcome that. Though I gotta say, this post is nothing more than publicity for the vote anyways, does nothing to sway the voters to your choice. You could be vary more persuasive if you really wanted to win

16. insania

Reading List:
    Link
    You have a point. However, to be honest, I am not sure about the translation status of Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan. Even though its translation still seem to be ongoing according to its translator's Frozensama's website, with the progress of chapter 2 of its 9th volume being at 60%, the last update for that series was about 10 months ago so I am not sure either. Either way, thanks for pointing that out, I will inform Taekan about this matter since it might just eliminate the most powerful competitor that Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai is facing now.

My bad, I thought that you are planning to hijack this thread. When I pointed out the number of Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai in the poll, it was in response to Lewisking50's post where he pointed out the number of the series since some people might have trouble finding it among the 26 options in the poll. I can understand how you feel in regards to it being lonely being alone since many of the series I like such as Absolute Duo and Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai tend to be unpopular in general. To get a feel of what I mean, even though I created argumentatively the most detailed novel pick up thread in the whole of Novelupdates' history to get a translator to pick up the light novel translations of Absolute Duo, thus far, no translator had picked up the translations of the Absolute Duo light novels. In fact, I originally wanted Absolute Duo to be translated when Taekan was asking for people to submit potential series for him to translate. It is too bad that Absolute Duo did not make it past the filtering stage which is why you do not see it in the options in the poll. Otherwise, this thread would have been about myself asking people to vote for Absolute Duo instead and I would feel that it has a higher possibility of winning the poll because that I actually made a very detailed novel pickup request thread for that series. The fact that I choose to vote for Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai and made a thread asking people to vote for it is because that I really like that series and it is also actually the series that is the most similar to Absolute Duo as well.

While Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan has the highest chance to win, its translation status might still be ongoing since it is still on the active projects list on its translator's Frozensama's website. As such if Frozensama miraculously release a new chapter for that series or if I manage to convince Taekan that the translation of that series is still ongoing, I would have eliminated Machine Doll Wa Kizustukanai's strongest competitor in the poll. Those two conditions are the first and second winning conditions that I believe would help to secure Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai's victory in the poll. Granted, I am not sure if I would be able to create the second condition but I will try. The first condition is completely out of my control though which was why I mentioned that it would be miraculous if it did occur. This is why I am focusing on a third condition which is to garner as much votes for Machine Doll wa Kizutsukanai as I can by creating this thread. I might potentially make another thread to explain why Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai should be translated to get more people to vote for the series since this thread is created mainly to get the fans of Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai who already like the series to vote for it.

rakazzt likes this.
  17. insania

Reading List:
    Link
    There is an update in regards to the voting process. The voting process has now moved on to its second stage and hence I provided a new link to Taekan's website which contains the link to the second stage of the poll below since I cannot provide a link to Discord where the poll is hosted. As such, please remember to vote for Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai in the second stage of the polls. For all intents and purposes, it is number 5 in the poll since the name for it in the poll is Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai. Furthermore, for everyone's information, you need to have a Discord account with a verified phone to vote. This is due to vote tempering and the use of external tools by certain desperate and unethical voters who used VPN to artificially inflate the number of votes in the previous polls resulting in the top 2 two series with the most votes in the previous polls having a very large number of votes. More information about that can be found in this link. Therefore, please do not use VPN or other external tools to attempt to temper the votes in the poll. I doubt that any of the people who voted for Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai would ever do that since they were not responsible for the vote tempering in the previous poll but I am stating this here first in order to discourage anyone from doing so. Furthermore, I updated the link in the first post and in my signature to link to Taekan's website which has the link to the new poll instead of the old one which had already closed.

https://taekan.wordpress.com/submit-a-series/

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  18. insania

Reading List:
    Link
    An update to the current status of the poll. The poll is over. I would like to thank everyone who voted for Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai, you guys are awesome! While Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai did not win the poll, the fact that we all voted for the series shows the unity of the Machine Doll fanbase in our desire for the continuation of its light novel translations. Let's all hope that Machine Doll Wa Kizutsukanai's light novel translations get picked up by another group in the future so we can all continue reading its light novels.

rakazzt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.