Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist's Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Jan 28, 2019.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    A haunted sword was the cause then...? Well, glad you found no trouble in the region at all to say the least~

Good job, the reward is of 25 Large Copper Coins for you to divide as you see fit, as well as 4 guild points for each~

Take care~

Nahrenne likes this.
  2. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    ((*pokes @FuRen too*))

3. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    23 flowers then? That's a pretty good number, great job Fen-san~

The reward will be of 11 Large Copper and 5 Small Copper Coins, as well as 4 Guild Points of course~

Take care now~

4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... 22 in one fight? Jack-san, I'm thoroughly impressed... Just what are you to handle this many by yourself~?

It's none of my business though, the reward is of 6 Large Copper Coins and 5 Small Copper Coins, as well as 4 Guild Points~

Take care now~

((Feel free to write about the exchange over turning them in at Lakeside I guess? Or just add the extra 66 small copper to your pocket for killing them, up to you~

... You're certainly very good at stabbing stuff until they're dead though... >.>))

Nahrenne, Razogul and A5G_Reaper like this.
  5. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Task: Drinking Challenge [Taken by @Razogul ]
    Requester: Garrosh, Unbeatable Drinker.
    Quest rank: E
    Rewards: 4 Large Copper Coins + As many Drinks as you can chug before either of us pass out.
    Description: Nagrand's orcs are too weak. I have been traveling across the whole of Edhellen looking for a fitting challenge, and so far all have disappointed me.
    Come forth brave adventurers! Test your might against the invincible Garrosh! Drink until one of us passes out and may the victor stand to drink another day!!!
    Drinks on my tab, though you'll be drinking the same stuff I am.
    * The requester will only pay the 4 Large Copper to those that actually beat him. Should someone fail the request, the quest will be available to someone else to try again.

Raz comes in, some of the alcohol finally hitting him hard and gives the report.

Taking the quest, Raz wryly smiles at this person's fun claim at them having the title of "Unbeatable Drinker" as a fact.

"Well, I don't drink often, but I could keep down my alcohol back at Earth. Let's hope I can possibly outdrink this person... god have mercy on my liver when doing this.

Getting out of the tavern, Raz searches for one of the bars around Nagrand. He soon finds out that he spots the person who gave the quest.

Garrosh appeared to be an orc, looking young, but having an arrogance to him. Seeing this, Raz came up and introduced himself.

"Hello, my name is Raz. Are you the person who gave out the quest for wanting to do a drinking competition?"

Looking at Raz, the orc smirks and starts laughing at him. He then points towards him and says, "I expected an orc, but a human!? Are you sure you are up for this?"

Hearing his contempt, Raz's eye twitches a little. His once casual look turns serious. He then says, "Yes, hopefully, the best to whoever wins."

Grinning, the orc points to a chair on the opposite end of the table for Raz to sit. Breathing in and out for a minute, Raz sits down and sees the orc wave to one of the waiters, "Another one has come to lose to me! Bring the beer!"

Hearing this, Raz's eye twitches and thinks, "Huh? You think you'll win already!? Okay then, game on!"

The drinks finally arrive at the table on each end, a mug on each side. Garrosh then says, "Start!" and starts drinking. Seeing they began, Raz drinks as well.

Drinking the mug, Raz's face turns into disgust a bit. He finishes the mug and says, "Ugh... I still hate alcohol."

Looking at him oddly, Garrosh says, "Why did you come here then!?"

"Simple, to beat you and obtain money. Seemed like an easy quest."

A vein appears on Garrosh's head as he yells, "Another one!" and another beer appears on both of their sides again. Drinking it again, he orders another drink on both sides yet again.

Feeling the alcohol start affecting him, Raz thinks, "He's got to be done by now, right!?" Looking towards Garrosh, he sees him start tipping a bit.

"Huh? You okay there?" saying this out of concern, Garrosh says, "Shut up!" and downs another mug. Soon after drinking that mug though, he collapses onto the floor.

Raz, looking at this, is baffled. He hears the waiter say, "Not again... he's such a lightweight."

Hearing this, he looks towards the waiter and says, "Lightweight? Isn't he supposed to be really good at drinking?"

"We only gave him that title due to him being unbeatable... at getting drunk."

"... You could've told me this sooner, you know?"

The other patrons look at Garrosh unconscious on the floor and laugh and say, "It never gets old!"

Seeing his client is on the floor, Raz sighs and decides to wait until Garrosh wakes up. The mugs are empty, with one of the mugs on the floor due to Garrosh collapsing, the beer on the wood boards.

Waiting for around an hour, Garrosh wakes up. He looks at Raz awake and says, "You won!?" looking around, he sees that he collapsed with a mug near him. Sighing, he says, "I lost, huh. Here are the 4 Large Copper Coins, and don't worry about the drinks."

Getting the four Large Copper Coins, Raz smiles and says, "Thank you, it was nothing much."

Seeing one of the other orcs get him up and sit him down, Raz says, "Huh, due to the quest, I didn't expect this outcome. Oh well, let's go back to the guild and hand in the report."

Getting out of the bar, he goes to the guild to hand in the report.
    Apparently, Garrosh had some good friends in the bar, and they usually put up with him. How nice of them.
    @AliceShiki

Nahrenne and Arexio like this.
  6. Unreachable Hope

Unreachable Hope Unspecified, Wandering and Doubtful Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @AliceShiki
    "I am back, and I hope this is a nice fairy tale... at least, enough to please him for a while, before he realizes that... well, it is fake.", Cinis said as he handed his report to Aria.
    “Gromak, aren’t you?” , searching in the tavern since some dozens of minutes, Cinis seemed to have found the person who requested an adventurer to tell him the secrets of the Adventurers Guild.
    Turning back, he saw the rough and flattened face of the orc, there was a bit of muscles everywhere, their outfit seemed to be fancy though with poor materials, it looked quite dumb.

“Tar! It’s me! Do you know anything abou-”, before he could continue to talk, Cinis shook his head and his index tilted from right to left, he was clicking on his tongue. Shamelessly, he interrupted him.

“Do you think I can tell you such a secret so quickly? First, I need to introduce myself, I am Cinis, an E-Rank adventurer, as for the badges, there is no… let’s say, concrete secrets about it, but, the story behind the badges could be considered as a secret among some adventurers. You could say that they had magical powers, but not anymore, it’s a story, not of the past, and not of the future. Then a story of what?”, getting so many words after getting cut off, Gromak did not know to react as his eyelids seemed to open wildly , before closing so firmly, he was trying to think about a reply, it was hard, if the story is not of the past, not of the future, and not of actuality, there from where?

“Do you know dimensional magic?”, another question echoed, one that escaped the mouth of this vicious half-elf, however, when he thought about it, it was curious, then, it is outside the realms of time and it is related to space?

“Oh! Another world!”, he clapped his hands, and Cinis then continued to talk on a rather sarcastic tone.
    “Perhaps, this story, or so-called secret come from an otherworlder and he told people the secret of the Adventurer Badge.”, his right ear was itching for a bit, so he scratched it before getting back on telling some lies to the dumb and honest Gromak. He was not that bad.

“Anyway… do you want to get to the core of this story or not? Nevertheless, if you interrupt me, I will not repeat and leave, is that fine?”, as he seemed to be anticipating the next of this story, Cinis cleared his throat and tried to think about what he could tell to the orc, since the very start, he was improvising. Perhaps, it was time to gain time? What could he tell? That they come from ano-- Oh wait.
    It could be interesting.

“Once upon, in another world, there was another Adventurer Guild, this one was strange as well, albeit very very different from ours. Their badge first seemed to be quite normal, there was nothing special with them, but there was something, it recorded their memories, yes their memories were carved into these badges.”

Gromak’s mouth opened but when Cinis stared at him, his lips stuck together and did not move an inche.

“Good. Anyway, let’s get back to it… well… where was I…? Yes, that’s it! The badges recorded every adventurer’s memories, but, then, wouldn’t it be quite boring if it was only that? Right, then, what about these adventurers? How were they? Literally, they were monsters. What I mean is that you see an A-Rank here would be basically be… a weakling there. Those people were known for being outrageously strong, playing with the world’s laws… and so on. If you want an example, gods were residing to this guild, gods I said. Can you imagine a guild, in another world, filled with gods or people able to kill them?”

This time, Gromak opened his mouth once again, nevertheless, Cinis did not even look at him, no, he knew that no words would escape his mouth, he was as foolish as a child… how could he believe such an incredulous story that did not make any sense? Was he really this dumb? They should have said he was innocent as well… an innocent orc, for some reasons, something seemed off with this image.

“Then, do you think it is the end? Of course not, there were as well beings above gods. As for how their world function, I do not known, but these being can not be explained through our means, some were the embodiment of Primal Energies like Chaos, Order , Mana and so on… these are things that we can not understand.”
    Or because he could not be bothered to explain, he needed a tale not a lesson. Of course, he might not even know how those properly function.

“Then, let’s get back to the start, can you imagine badges containing those memories? Imagine if we had one at the moment, imagine if we could see what adventures they lived, imagine if we could see gods and so on. Imagine their lives. The unicorns they have stolen, the creatures they have subdued, the dragons they have humiliated and so on! Then, what is the common point ours and their badges?”

Like a child, it seemed that his eyes shining, he was really waiting for the next, Cinis thought that he was not a good storyteller, so if Gromak was captivated by it… something must be off with his head, did he have parents to educate and instruct him properly? Because to trust a random adventurer like this… how unsightly.

“It is that the guild’s symbol is the same as theirs. We have the same guild symbol, the same name, a similar organization, a charming receptionist, an actually not so outrageous guildmaster… the secret isn’t the badge itself, but the magical story behind the guild’s symbol, one that was brought from another world, and perhaps, in their world, our story was brought to them, perhaps they are saying the same, perhaps they are gone, perhaps their world ended and they needed to live, so this would be why we are here, perhaps some of their people became gods here?
    In the end, it is a story, is it true? Perhaps.”

After ending this, Gromak seemed to have ignored the latest part of his talk, all the ‘perhaps’, the ‘maybe’ were ignored and replaced in his mind by words like ‘obviously’, ‘certain’, ‘undeniable’, and so on. He would firmly believe in it.

“So, what did you think of this tale? Perhaps, you would like to find out more, however, don’t ask me, I do not know anything.”, Cinis’ smile seemed to be everlasting as he talked to the childish Orc who replied in a silly voice.
    “T-Tar! Gashn! Er! Then… wow, I thank… you for telling me this! … disappointing t’was no magical powers to the badges… but t’story was… marvelous.”

Hearing that he was pleased, Cinis was relieved, it meant that he accomplished his quest quite nicely and without issues. It was relatively easy considering this orc’s childishness and innocence, could it be compared to Le- May’s ?

“Anyway, repeat this story to no one, alright? Some people find it… troublesome. Who knows, a conspiracy? Just kidding.”, what did he mean by this? Nothing, he just wanted this foolish story not to spread, and when he saw that Gromak hastily nodded, he felt rather worried before thinking that he will not tell a word of what he told him.
    OOC: Here goes 1.2K words~

7. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Task: Test my Trapfield [Available]
    Requester: Sirius, Edhellen's #1 Rogue... I think.
    Quest rank: E
    Rewards: 8 Large Copper Coins
    Description: So uhn... I kinda have a neat house near the woods to the Southwest of Lakeside Village and like... You know those rumors about goblins and stuff, right? They're kinda worrisome... So I decided to fill my house's surroundings with a lot of traps! No goblins will come in, ever!
    ... I forgot to make a map though, so I... Can't go back home, ehehehe~
    So... Anyone up for testing a trapfield? I kinda want to go back to sleeping in my bed, yanno~?

"So let me get this straight. You put up several dozen traps around your house."

"Yep!"

"And you completely forgot which is where?"

"Correct!"

It would be rude to facepalm, so the gourd refrained from doing so. Everyone back home learn to remember quickly, or they die to their own traps. This guy's way too careless with his traps. But then again, if it's for the weak little midget then it probably won't be too fatal for an adult. Would still be a real pain though.

"I'll just cut open a path, you better note the location before you set them back up."

First, he ran into a series of snare trap. He spring them to nothing and ensure that the customer noted the locations. Then some foot trap concealed under leaves, so he rid of the cover and stick some branch as warning. It started to get nastier from there, with tripwire that led to a piece of wood with spikes tied on it to swing about knee level - chest for goblins. He carefully hold the trap and cut the trigger, gently springing it and leaving it there. Later on more concealed tripwires where logs would swing from the trees down onto the intruders were found, height set at goblin level but would still pulp a man's leg if it hit. He triggered it from a distance and let the thing swing until it stopped by itself. Closer to the house now, the traps started being more expensive. Bear traps, concealed board with nails sticking out of it, crossbows, even a contraption of alchemical mix that would explode or spread toxic gas when triggered. All disarmed with care, the concoctions in particular prevented from triggering because it's expensive.

Not everything was done safely, but iron cuirass and shield and mystical barrier platforms easily stopped most of them. There'd probably be minor bruises, but nothing a day of rest won't fix.

"That's about all. You could map the rest slowly I suppose? You set them up after all."
    -The gourd attached a petition for a law against "careless but overzealous trapping".

@AliceShiki

AliceShiki, Arexio and Razogul like this.
  8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, this was somewhat surprising... Guess the guy will lose a lot of money then~

Here is your reward, 4 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points. Take care~

9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    My my Cinere-san... Ah, I'm sorry, did I do it again? My deepest apologies. *bows*

You did an excellent job Cinis-san, Gromak was very happy with it, cheerfully bragging about how he finally knew its secrets~ *giggles*

The reward will be of 7 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points~

Take care now~

((OMG! This solution! Perfect! Great job! *hugs*))

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Quick and efficient, just like you I suppose~

Good job Jack-san, glad to see you're still alive after such a head-on approach~

... Are gourds even alive though...? Well, in any case, your reward is of 8 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points~

Take care now~

leegood, Razogul and A5G_Reaper like this.
  11. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    ((REEEEEEEEEEEEEE))

1502011494339.gif

AliceShiki and Unreachable Hope like this.
  12. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    "That was a tiring match..."

(Elaine = Italics)
    Having received the quest, it didn’t take long for Elaine to find the requester, introduce herself, and take out the game she had bought along.

“Alright, let me explain the rules!”
    • Both of us start with 7 cards each. Play a card per turn. The card might be either the same colour and/or the same number to the previously played card.
    • Since there’s only two of us, the rules are somewhat different from the usual 3 and above player game
    • [Skip], which like what it sounds like, skips the opponent’s turn. [Reverse] flips the playing order, but in this case it works just like [Skip].
    • [Jump In] is possible when you have the exact same copy of the card that’s on the top of the pile. In which case the previous stacks or effects are renewed and hits the next player
    • [Draw 2] and [Draw 4]. Pretty explanatory, yes? The opponent draws two or four cards, and their turn gets skipped. Also, the [Wildcard] and the [Draw 4] can change the colour of the top card, so be careful of those.
    • If you don’t have any playable cards, you’ll have to draw from the deck until you get one.
    • First one to no cards wins. When on your last card, you have to say “Uno!” or you draw two more cards.
    “That’s it? What a simple game!”

“Huhu, we shall see, we shall see. Here are your 7 cards, and here are mine. Let’s flip over this top card and see what colour it is...Oh, a blue 4.”

“Ladies get to go first, so go ahead.”

Then, I’ll go first with a blue 8.”

“Hm...A blue 5.”

“A red 5.”

“Wildcard! Uhm...How does this work again?”

“You get to decide what colour I have to play next.”

“Oh, okay then. Uh...Yellow.”

Yellow it is. Here, have a [Skip].”

“Damn! So it’s your turn again?”

Yep! Here, have a [Reverse].”

“What the?!”

“Hm...A yellow 6.”

“Not so fast! [Draw 4]! Oh, and since it’s my turn again, a red [Skip]!”

“Jump in. Red [Skip]. You got skipped.”

“Wait, what?”

“Here, have a green [Draw 2].”

“Huhuhu! I have a red [Draw 2], too!”

Really? I have another green [Draw 2]. Here.”

“What?! Wait, so since you stacked it again…”

Yes, please take six more cards from the deck.”

“NANI?!”

Okay, have a green 0.”

“[Skip!]! Then, [Draw 4]! Yellow!”

Too bad. Here. Uno.”

“Too bad for you! I have another [Draw 4]! Now, take 12 cards---”

Well, it wouldn’t really matter what colour I picked. Since my last card is also a [Draw 4]. I win.”

“NANI?! What sort of hand was that?!”

“A lucky hand.”

“I lost again! Noooooooooo!”

“Well, this would be more entertaining if there were more people. A word of warning though, the playtime of a match tends to stretch exponentially with every extra player…”

“What’s the maximum number of players that can play this game?”

“11, but with that number, the match could take hours…”

“Alright then, it’s decided! I’ll call over 9 more people, and we’ll have a full match! You too, missus!”

And thus, the game that should have taken only fifteen minutes became a two hour session.
    @AliceShiki

Xalysian, wraith, leegood and 4 others like this.
  13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    There ought to be something wrong with Edhellen, it's the second card game that I know of from Tasarin...

Well, doesn't matter, you did a good job~

Hmmmmmmm, this priest of Razer doesn't seem that good at cards in the end though, fufufu~

Oh well, the rewards are 12 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points~

Take care now~

leegood, Haxagen and A5G_Reaper like this.
  14. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    Arawn had accepted a request from Lethe, one of his fellow adventurers, to catch and cook a rabbit according to a specific recipe. Arawn, being a hunter, certainly had experience hunting wild game, making his acceptance of this quest a no-brainer.

There was no shortage of wild game around Nagrand, with the land being rather woodsy. Arawn picked a small forest perhaps fifteen minutes to the south of Nagrand for his hunting, departing in the morning. Other than his normal equipment, he brought with him a length of wire, intending to use it to hunt the rabbit.

Using a bow would likely damage the rabbit’s body too much, and if he wanted to cook it, Arawn would need the rabbit carcass to be in good shape. That is where the wire came in. Bending the malleable wire, Arawn fashioned a type of loop reminiscent to a noose.

After doing so, Arawn needed to find an area to place his trap. He quickly found a rabbit trail leading underneath a pair of trees. The trail was covered with numerous rabbit footprints, both old and new. Arawn knew that this meant it was a well-used path, and animals typically stuck to previously established paths.

Setting up his trap by attaching the snare to one of the tree trunks and leaving the loop of wire suspended a few inches above the ground, Arawn marked the area down and searched for other places to set up traps. Even if the path was well-trodden, it was no certainty that a rabbit would appear and be caught.

After setting up traps at several more locations around the forest and marking down the locations, Arawn headed back to Nagrand. It would take time for any of his traps to be set off, time which he used to acquire the other ingredients for the stew for 2 Large Copper Coins.

As the sun began to approach the horizon once more, Arawn set off for the forest once more, hoping for a successful day. He was not disappointed, as he found that two of his traps had caught rabbits.

The large wild rabbits had leaped through the snares’ loop, and as their weight came down on the loop, it tightened against their necks and strangled them to death. Smiling as he lifted the rabbit carcasses, Arawn was happy to discover that neither body had been damaged much.

He returned to Nagrand as the sun set in the sky above. Dangling he rabbits from the ceiling, Arawn drained their blood and looked over the recipe once more. He quickly skinned and gutted the pair of rabbits, leaving them whole with only their flesh and bones.

He then began to cook the rabbit and vegetables as instructed. Of course, he did not forget to steal appropriate the recipe and add it to Granny Gene’s Book of Recipes. As the scent of the cooking rabbit filled the air, Arawn breathed it in joyously. It certainly was a good recipe.

Once the stew was finished cooking, Arawn stored the two serving in separate pots, intending to keep the second serving. Happy with the relaxing day, Arawn then headed to the guild to drop off the pot of Mika’s Ragout Rabbit Stew.
    Stole Acquired Mika's Ragout Rabbit Stew recipe.
    Acquired one serving of Mika's Ragout Rabbit Stew.
    Spent 2 LC on ingredients.
    Arawn presents the large pot before him.
    "I'm done!"
    @AliceShiki

leegood, Arexio, Haxagen and 2 others like this.
  15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Excellent job Arawn-san, I'm sure Lethe-chan will be happy with it~

Now if only she knew Fu-san didn't particularly want her to give him cooked rabbits... >.>

Well, a solved request is a solved request, please take these 7 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points... And maybe the chance to pat Lethe-chan I suppose?

Take care now~ *bows*

((*pokes @WhitesRabbit48 too*))

A5G_Reaper and WhitesRabbit48 like this.
  16. WhitesRabbit48

WhitesRabbit48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Extremely pleased, Lethe gives Arawn a grin. Realizing that he had bought his own ingredient, Lethe is also a little embarrassed and hands him 2 LC. She then proceeds to ask an all-important question: "Pat?"

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  17. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    "... Can't I really pat Lethe? That's definitely the best reward I've ever gotten," Arawn asks, overwhelmed by the urge to pat the rabbitkin(?).

A5G_Reaper and WhitesRabbit48 like this.
  18. Arexio

Arexio Blob Fanatic | AG Player

Reading List:
    Link
    "I saw Mary again and completed her request."

Like the scholar that he is, or at least aims to be, Ryul decided that he should do some research on how to train animals before officially meeting Mary about the quest.

He decides to spend the rest of the day in Nagrand's library, subconsciously comparing its size and collection to his former lord's study. He wonders how the old territory is doing now...

Ryul sighs and shakes his head to stop that line of thinking. He needs to focus on the task at hand.

Fortunately, he's always been a quick reader and learner.

He finds that there aren't too many relevant books; most are on canine training, some on feline - oh but there was an interesting piece about foxes and their pack dynamics written by an experienced forest scout from The Empire.

He's not sure how much of this all would actually apply, but he finishes up shortly and decides to meet Mary in the morning.

. . .
    "Ryul! I heard from Sister Agnus that you just finished your treatment. How are you doing?" Mary asks immediately upon seeing him.

"I'm doing much, much better now that I'm cured. Oh and about that, I think there was a mistake on the whole payment matter. I don't think I was supposed to put everything on Caligo's ta -- ."

She interrupts him, "It's fine. I'm sure someone of his character and status will not be too petty and hold it against you."

Before he could say anything else, she continues, "Let's talk about Saito and the fox. Since you're here with no injuries, I'm assuming you're here for my request?"

"Ah, yes." He admits.

The healer goes on to catch Ryul up about her patient Saito, his old cat, how an adventurer tried to turn in a feral fox, and the problems it has caused since then. Mary talks to him a little more about Saito, then gives him the directions to the place where the fox is being kept.

Arriving in a part of the Guild he's never been to before, he finds the fox caged up along with other miscellaneous items in a large storage room and briefly wonders why it was placed here.

The animal snarls angrily upon seeing him. He stops in place due to surprise from the sound, but then he thinks of a new idea - possibly influenced by recent events.

Immediately, Ryul casts his brand new spell [Berserker Aura] on himself to make his eyes glow eerily crimson. He then approaches the cage, gets right in the fox's face, and loudly snarls right back at him, his breath having traces of corrupted Nature energy flowing outwards.

The fox backs down at once, starts whimpering, and lowers its head in submission. The half-elf feels a sense of pleasure from being in a position of power, and he isn't completely sure if it's the spell affecting his mind or not but pays it no heed anyway.

"That's what I thought. You will LISTEN to me. I am the ALPHA." Ryul growls out aggressively without really caring whether the fox actually understands or not.

"Let's get started." He spits out.

The animal trembles with fear, unsure of its future.

. . .
    "Oh, you're already done? It's only been a few days." Mary asks as they walk out to the backyard of the Guild Hall where Ryul has been training the pet.

"Yes, surprisingly, it was not too difficult." He replies.

They come out to see a young fox sitting on its hindquarters rigidly in place, unmoving and frozen like a statue.

"Wow. It really is behaving much better." Mary couldn't help her surprise.

The healer turns to Ryul and holds up a paper slip, "So it already knows all these commands here on this list? Can I go ahead and test this?"

"Of course. Feel free to do so." He responds as he subtly glares at the fox.

There is the slightest hint of shivering coming from the beast, but Mary is too busy looking at the list to even realize.

She begins, "Follow."

The fox immediately rushes over and lines up behind Mary. The former angel further tests the extent of this command by walking around the yard with the fox in tow, who is more like a little duckling now than anything else.

Pleased, she continues, "Sit."

The animal urgently gets back into its former position, freezing in place.

"Bow."

The fox quickly kneels its front half down, placing its head between its front legs, making itself as small as possible.

"Roll."

Rolling onto its back, the fox bends its four legs close to its body, slightly shuddering as it does so.

Mary is extremely satisfied with how things turned out, and as she raves on and on about how Saito will absolutely adore his new pet, said pet accidentally makes eye contact with Ryul, who quickly flickers his eyes red at it. Shaking a little, the fox instantly turns its head back and continues to lie on its back.

Ryul turns back to Mary and smiles smugly at the thought of how everything turned out well and how much fun this quest was.

- Fox is trained?
    - Mary says Caligo is a person of character
    - Ryul is secretly a bully

OOC: @AliceShiki, @shad12ow (Caligo gets a shoutout)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Nahrenne likes this.
  19. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Task: Extra Helping Hands [Available] ( @TiggerBane and @kyuukestu is interested in partying for this one)
    Requester: Zarek, Head of Asphodelus' Guards.
    Quest rank: D
    Rewards: 8 Large Copper Coins per Adventurer.
    Description: A big wave of monsters came out of the Haunted Forest since the last month. We have been fighting it for a while, but it is seemingly endless.
    We need time to take a break and recover our forces. Just come to our outpost near the Southern Border of the Forest and kill some monsters. They're very dangerous no doubt, but we have the territorial advantage, so it shouldn't be too hard for as long as you don't overextend.
    This Quest can be taken multiple times within the week, though only once per adventurer.

Another episode of Jack and Elaine's Insane Misadventure.
    "Yosh, let's run!"

Elaine hopped about.

"Haven't been to Asphodelus before, aside from our short pass to Seditio last time. You packed up?"

"Nope! I'll get whatever I need on the road, so let's go. Although, I have been to Asphodelus, so I know the way! Let's go!"

"You know the way? That's not reassuring much."

"Hey, that's not fair! I could find my way there with my eyes closed by now! I think!"

"Yes yes, just follow the road this time."

"Hmph!"

Elaine puffed her cheeks in protest, and begun leading the way.

After a merry three weeks journey because of Elaine's negative sense of direction, the two arrived at Palaeria Asphodelus. Hopefully the request was still valid...

"I thought you said you know the way." He flatly inquired.

"It's very possible that I, uh...may have gone off track a few times. It's been a while, after all."

Elaine shuffles her steps slightly, blushing red.

"Well, we're here now. Wonder what we'd get to kill this time around. Perhaps we get to keep the materials?"

"Hopefully. Maybe some materials for making armour would be nice."

Elaine agreed.

"Is that normal?" He asked a nearby soldier and pointed onto the faraway forest, where a pack of ink-black wolves charged forth. The darkness sizzled under the sun, black blobs dripping off their bodies as they noiselessly slid through the ground. Well, probably not from how everyone in the line tensed at the presence.

"They look as if they're made of oil or something. Doesn't look too good."

Elain remarked, gripping her blade for comfort.

First came the haphazard longbow volley, from the guards stationed on the outpost. The lonesome ballista stationed atop it also started firing. The arrows were quite ineffective, seemingly only making them angrier, but the ballista bolt was an entirely different matter. It skewered a wolf which howled in pain, so much more dissonant than normal howl, before it fell down unmoving. The corpse slowly melted into black sludge under the sun.

Closer by and the guardsmen and few scant mercenaries lobbed javelins with mixed result. It dealt some damage but wasn't instant kill, the projectile slowly but surely corroded by the blackness covering the wolves. Then soon they'd be upon the melee, out of twenty-odd wolves fifteen made it through.

"Our turn soon eh?" He said, shield ready.

Elaine's reply was to set a torch alight, before tossing it over the defence line, aiming for a few of the wolves.

The defensive line had no real wall, but there were mounds of packed dirt about half a man's height laid as obstacle in its place. In front of it was sharpened stakes jutting outward, although at places they're damaged from previous assaults. It's these holes that the wolves tried to breach now, the creatures highly resilient for something that size.

"Arcane Armament." He went down onto the first wolf that leapt in, scoring a deep gash that would've killed an ordinary animal. This one, however, only had one foreleg disabled as it fell unsightily. But the black ooze that splattered around sizzled, eating up dirts and the arcane empowerment just the same. Not letting it recover the gourd smashed it full power on the neck, requiring four repeat and most of the violet arcane luster before it went down for good.

"The black layers are reactive and harden against blows! Piercing attack works best!" He shouted, just as several more black wolves came through the breaches.

"Piercing? Leave that to me!"

Elaine shouted in reply, drawing her blade. Aiming for the gap between the mounds, she struck out and nailed the second wolf square in the face, not giving it time to react to the blow.

Another leapt at her, so she hastily swung the rapier (with the wolf still attached) and smacked it away, breathing vigourously.

((Elaine stronk))

The wolf was knocked toward the gourd, where he fell on it like a vengeful lumberjack hacking on a log that murdered his family. It stopped moving just as the buff winked out, he wiped some nonexistent sweat off his gourd. The rest of the line managed to stab all the wolves to death in the meantime.

"It could be quite a pickle if that happen often... why are you so cheerful?" He asked a random guardsman.

"Right, they attacked before we explain the situation. You see, the higher ups buy the magic crystals that these beasts sometimes contain - not optional, so please dont try to smuggle them out -, and we get some decent bonus for each. Aside from that, whoever kill the creatures got to keep the materials harvested from them."

The ground trembled slightly, as the sound of falling trees could be heard echoing within the forest. From afar, the sight of tall trees falling one after another in a straight line could be seen.

"Looks like we've got a big one coming."

Elaine remarked, trying to peer into the sunless forest. Unlike the well-shaded Sylvan Grove, this place was much murkier in comparison. The inhabitants definitely were not friendly.

*CRUNCH*

Slowly, the monstrousity showed itself. Towering well over an average man, it was almost as tall as the twisted trees. Two glowing orbs of fire burned where the eyes should be, providing scant illumination to see the entirety of the creature; a bloody, stinking beast with patches of it's hide rotten away, exposing the muscle and bone underneath.

The beast drew a deep breath, and then whipped it's nose around, smashing apart a nearby tree. Then, it bellowed.

"Anyone fought something that size before?" A gourd idly asked, pocketing a small black crystal taken from one of the wolf he slain. "It's a good time to start shooting! Like, right now."

He patted his satchel.

"I really should get my flintlock working..."

"It looks like it moves really slowly...And I think that's about the only good thing, really. I also highly doubt this thing will be as weak as the wolves earlier, so...spread out! It won't be able to hit all of us at once."

Elaine scooped up a rock, shouting thus as she did so.

"We're in trouble."

That summarized their current situation.

At this point, the undead mammoth were closer to a porcupine with how many arrows, bolts, and javelins stuck into it. Some brave souls tried to run a pike into the thing but a single whip of the trunk ripped it out of their hand with various level of injuries.

"It's coming closer."

"The undead fear fire. Stop firing normal arrows, spread out, and pincushion it with fire arrows! We'll burn it down!"

Elaine grabbed another branch, lit it, and threw it at the huge mammoth, but it simply swatted the burning brand away.

"Oil first." He returned to the watchtower and came out with several jugs of oil for the torches.

"Vertigo." He whispered, the disorienting flip sent him on air. "Hardlight." As the reverse fall stopped, he righted himself on a materialized platform.

"...you got to be fucking kidding me."

After the first jug shattered against the undead, it started slapping rocks and dirts his way. The debris became high-speed shrapnel from the sheer strength, his platform cracked from the few that actually hit.

He hopped onto several new platforms as the first shattered, dropping two more jugs that thoroughly drenched the thing. "Burn the bastard!"

"Set it on fire!"

Elaine ran through the archers, lighting their arrows on fire, and was glad to see the others doing the same thing. Projectiles of all kinds begun sinking into the mammoth, even as it tried to swat them away, the other arrows struck true, slowly setting the rotting flesh alight.

*ROOOOOAR*

"Don't get careless now! Spread out and stay out of effective range, we'll outlast this flaming bastard!"

It burned hellishly for quite some time, bellowing with insanity all the while. But down it went eventually, with carbonized flesh and cracked bones, the flaming orbs that was its eyes died along with it.

"Kinda anticlimatic." He dropped by Elaine's side. "Whew! That took some effort. I wonder if there's anything left to salvage from it."

"These things look sturdy enough."

Elaine remarked, trying to cut off the tusks that were still rather solid even after the fire.

"I'm not touching whatever flesh remains, but...maybe some bones could still be salvaged?"

"You'd better just pull of the whole thing." He said at Elaine trying to cut the sturdy ivory. "Oh, discuss what you'd claim with the others."

He removed the glove and his left hand touched the skull, ignoring the sizzling heat. A small, almost unnoticeable pulse of strange energy left the mammoth and converged on him, his Brands blinking a weak silver for a moment.

"I'm done, I guess." He said, waving the reddening palm to cool it. "Ah, also need to turn in the wolf crystal."

Sometime later, Elaine was carrying a single large tusk on her back.

"Don't you get us lost again." A gourd could be seen by her side, pulling her out of yet another wrong turn.

"It'll be fine! I know this stretch of road!"

Elaine insisted.

"That's east, Elaine."

"I-I know that! We're heading towards Hero's Port on the way, right?"

"Just... follow the road. Please."

"Trust me! Directions are one of my strong suits!"

And thus, Elaine forged on proudly.
    -Elaine got a surprisingly pristine ivory tusk
    -Each got 12 large copper for the materials sold on the spot
    @AliceShiki @Haxagen

WhitesRabbit48 and Arexio like this.
  20. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Oh dear, I really wanted to fail you but has you've brought back ten, here's 5 Large Copper Coins and 4 guild points."

"One more thing before you leave, I've heard that they've got an interesting new book in the myth's section in the library. You'll probably be rewarded with things aside from knowledge if you take a browse~"

Arexio likes this.