Blizzard in Twin Cities Metro Area.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Donutmindme, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    school is cancelled—tomorrow—yet again, by winter. This year there are more snow days than last year because I certainly don’t remember having this many days off. The weather forecast might get the precipitation right, but not the temperatures. However, these days the forecast can be way off. It used to be more accurate. You’d think with the technology getting better they’d at least get things right, right?

I’m jus’ bummed out that there’s no school tomorrow. I was really looking forward to an after school program(no, it’s not a normal program/club) that I’ve been waiting for it to start. That and I don’t like being at home. Well, now I have much more time to get my speech down for my Japanese presentation. I know my Japanese pronunciation is good. Not bad, but not super good either.

Also I was really looking forward to what we’ll do for creative writing class. Especially since I’m supposed to have this class for four more days. But I guess that’s now cut down to three. And this my fav intensive theme class.

Then again this year I wouldn’t be surprised if it snowed in April again. It happened last year...wait or was 2017? School years are weird, man. Like being smacked in between two years. I still write 2018 on my papers. Sometimes—like, really weird and I’m not thinking—I wrote 2017.

Also, since school is canceled I’ll be really bored. I will be, possibly, shitposting tomorrow~

And I know someone made a thread about snowstorm in Seattle. You know, I always see ppl in this forum are either east side of America or the west, or the south. The Midwest is never mentioned much. I’ve never been to the west, but I’ve lived in the south and north east region.

TL;DR: There’s a blizzard where I live, and school is canceled. Thus, I’ll Be really bored.

2. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here I am complaining that we've only gotten a foot of snow all winter where I live

Donutmindme likes this.
  3. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    I can’t like! Tch.

We’ve more than got of snow definitely~

FussyBadger likes this.
  4. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh here I was thinking that Blizzard going to your town and tell people that "Don't you guys have phones?"

Donutmindme likes this.
  5. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which area of the South did you use to live at ?, right now in my area of the South it is raining with the threat of ice storms instead of snow if it drops below freezing tonight

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    Donutmindme likes this.
  6. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    well back in my day the only time we ever got school cancelled was due to a typhoon desu

flooding? fk you, go to class. riot? nope class you go. some cunt got shot in front of the school building? meh fk that guy back to class aaah good ol days desu

Donutmindme likes this.
  7. sinyueliang

sinyueliang 『World Traveller』『Demon Slayer』『Hinokami』

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, I would be celebrating if my school had a snow day. I live in Texas though, so no big hopes. Well, they do also cancel even if it just gets a bit icy tho.

Anyways, if you bored you can always find stuff to do. Like read some library books, rent a movie, etc. I've found that these days I've been pretty busy having fun going out with my family or stuff (seeing movies, eating out, going shopping) - though I guess you'll be restricted to indoor activities cuz blizzard. One day always passes by so fast... Just a few youtube videos, read a book, write a little and the day goes by for me like that.

Donutmindme likes this.
  8. Noory

Noory Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, nice weather we got going on in the Midwest. Chicago here.

Donutmindme likes this.
  9. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    TX.

10. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I used to live in TX. Nice winters there. I moved from ME when I lived in TX. I definitely appreciated the winter there. Mild compared to ME.

Yeah, Ik know tomorrow would probably go by fast. I plan to binge watch some Netflix, or watch some anime. That or documentary, or go find books to read.

I definitely plan on writing more~

11. OnceandFutureLurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Texas nice place , I imagine you didn't get much snow if any while you lived there

12. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. Never in the two years I lived there.

13. OnceandFutureLurker

Reading List:
    Link
    seems to warm, prefer colder weather during the winter. Though a tornado hit near where I live just over a week ago. The weather seems so random at times

14. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s getting more random.

15. SamGoingHam

SamGoingHam A sports, games, novels fanatic.

Reading List:
    Link
    Supposed to snow here tomorrow afternoon. Which will later turn into freezing rain, making everything icy af.

Stay safe, and prepare water and food in case of a power outage.

Donutmindme likes this.
  16. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    It hailed once like it came poring down heavily, but it only lasted for seven minutes.