Spoiler Reverend Insanity/Daoist Gu

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sky Farrow, May 25, 2017.

1. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    I went on hiatus for a year because Book 5 was going way too slow. I’m glad I did because reading the rest in one go was great.
    Right now in my opinion:
    Book 1 is interesting overall. It’s fresh and new and FY is still small and weak and the world feels way too huge.
    Book 2: boring af but worth the ending 10/10
    Book3: most boring book ever
    Book 4: tolerable ups and downs, interesting parts and boring parts intertwine
    Book 5: more interesting than Book 4. But it is a really long book, the interesting parts and battles are really really good. Little awesome climaxes here and there. But the boring parts are mainly when he is recuperating or ‘farming’. Then the buildup towards the final battle was pretty long. Especially the Cicada rewind part, longer than book 4’s rewind. But totally logical storywise.
    Book 6: it feels like all that boring buildup pays off to reach the final book of insanity. It’s batshit insane amount of craziness and epic fights feels so fun. So far 250 chapters in and its a really fun ride.

Fang Yuan going into the Great Love ImmortalVenerable chapter was so out of place in the whole 6 books but I totally laughed out loud the whole chapter. And that poor duck in the sky... lol ‘you can do it! i believe you!!’ :blobpats::aww:

Lilix66 likes this.
  2. Lv1 Slime

Lv1 Slime Halfway to Lv2...

Reading List:
    Link
    When does Fang Yuan start focusing on his refinement path?

How powerful is he right now?

What happens to the Fate Gu?

What is Book 5 about?

Does Fang Yuan have any rank 9 Gu? And if he does, what do they do?

Does Fang Yuan still use the Strength+Enslavement path? What happened to the immortal killer move myriad self?

Why does Fang Yuan proclaim himself as the Great Love Immortal Venerable?

What happened to the Heavenly Court?

Does Fang Yuan have any enemies left now that he's rank 9?

What is Fang Yuan's current goal?(Not his main goal which is immortality)

How are the previous Venerables still alive? How powerful are they?

How does Fang Zheng die? If he isn't dead, how is he and what rank is he rn?

What happened to Bai Ning Bing? What rank is he/she rn?

What happened to Hei Lou Lan? What rank is she rn?

What happens to the Spring Autumn Cicada? Does he upgrade it or is it still rank 6?

What is the main Gu that he's using right now?

Is there any progress to the Door of Life and Death? Space Cave? Book Mountain?

What happened to the Shadow Sect? Who is the founder? What is their ultimate goal?

Exactly which chapter does Fang Yuan become a rank 9?

How does he become a rank 9 Gu immortal?

What happens to Feng Jiu Ge and his daughter?(The one who was supposed to be the next immortal venerable)

Are there any other otherworldly demons than Fang Yuan and Zhao Lian Yun?

About how much time does it take for him to become rank 9?(all the way from rank 1~rank 9)

I read in the wiki that his mortal enemy is the Will of Heaven. Is there any more information about it?

Are there any rank 10 Gu?

Who exactly is Red Lotus Demon Venerable and why did he try to destroy Fate Gu?

What happens to his first aperture? When does he manage to rank it up to Gu Immortal?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  3. Lilix66

Lilix66 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol i have almost same opinion as you. Book 1 got me hooked, book 2 boring af except the ending, love it. Book 3 almost make me drop it, during this whole book i read this on and off. Book 4 good. Book 5 and 6 definitely worth all the long journey!

And i have to comment about the duck lol, fy spouting those sweet words while beating it is just... :blobrofl::blobrofl:

Sky Farrow likes this.
  4. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you MTL or RAW reader?
    Have I finally found someone who loves the novel as much as me?? :aww:

Edit: book 3 is definitely the part a lot of people dropped it there. Blehhh they don’t know what they missing!!:notlikeblob:

5. Lilix66

Reading List:
    Link
    #teamMTL lol cant read chinese here. I definetely love this novel so much now to the point i always try to find novel similar to this, too bad no luck yet :blobcry:

Ps. I read your translation first before deciding to read mtl to catch up to latest chapter. Your translation is very good. Thanks! :aww:

6. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Screw that body its mundane

7. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow I am still remembered among people :hmm: I guess it isn’t weird Gu discord seems to worship me like some god (lol what?)
    But I’m happy you liked it. I had to stop and let my partner continue but he is doing a good job and I will return soon :blobReach: I love this novel so much and I wish it has lots of readers to share the glory of Great Love Immortal Venerable!!
    It is almost impossible to find another novel like this imo :blobpensive: The author has always given his all and he will write no matter what fans say or if he still has any readers. He writes for himself. Aside from his dream and hardwork, the story itself is very well thought and deep.
    Though the main reason I loved it in the first place was Fang Yuan himself :blobsmilehappyeyes: his evil (and love) is genuine :blobrofl: and I was really tired of justice-good mc and ‘fake evil’ mc urghh.

Lilix66 likes this.
  8. Lilix66

Reading List:
    Link
    Really long question.. i’ll answer what i remember. for refinement, he just make it as support skills at first i think, until he got true meaning from langya that boost his realm. Fate gu destroyed. Book 5 telling about how fy achieve destroying fate gu. For now doesnt have any rank 9 gu -except if you count his paragon gu body. Well now he has paragon body that he could just learn basically any realm, he is more focused on human and heavenly dao now. I think he want to scheme the resources from all 5 regions to build his aperture again, thats why he claim himself as great love immortal venerable. HC still good with constellation venerable ressurected. Yes, Ju yang and constellation venerable -and maybe other venerable will also resurrect. Current goal? Making sure he will have enough card for when he has to fight again. Prev venerable could resureect bc fate gu destroyed, and they already scheme this for long time. They are powerful. Fang zheng not die yet, rank 7 now. Ning bing.. idk he is still hiding, rank 7. Lou lan rank 7 peak, strong with his totem ultimate move. That cicada i cant remember, last time i think it is rank 7. Main gu idk he has so many gu now and he basically use them all, but i think he want to focus in heavenly dao gu. That door belongs to HC now. Book mountain also with HC. Shadow sect is gloomy soul’s scheme to resurrect. For specific chapter, i cant remember it, in the 2000s. Well he basically already close to supreme realm and need a little bit of push so he could breakthru to supreme realm, i think heavenly thief true meaning help in this. And then ju yang descend a chaos disaster to fang yuan to weaken him, but thats how fy silently become a rank 9. Dunno about them, feng jiuge still nowhere to be found. Yes, that one that supposed to get heavenly thief inheritance, only small character. Dunno how many years i think its quite short considering the constant chase he has to keep growing. Basically will of heaven wants to kill fang yuan bc he want to destroy fate gu, and this is not allowed. So far no, only destiny gu known, and his paragon body supposed to be rank 10 but now only rank 9. Red lotus is one of the venerable, he wanted to change fate but cant bc fate gu restrain him, thats why he want to destroy it. What do u mean first aperture? He has only 1 aperture now.

9. Lilix66

Reading List:
    Link
    :cookie: Last i read proper translation is around where fang yuan first get to shang clan lol. Yes i also hope more people could understand how great this novel is :blobhero:

Honestly without fang yuan i also wont like this novel. I really love his unwavering resolve. He wont be swayed with anything -like at all, only going forward to reach his goal! All hail great love immortal venerable, fang yuan! :aww:

Im also tired with the same justice this justice that mc lol. In my eyes they look like the righteous side in this novel :blobconfused: and totally agree, the fake evil mc really irked me!

Sky Farrow likes this.
  10. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, this is the right spot. Can some share in detail about how fang yuan gets rid of his zombie status and recovers his life span?

11. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes yessss I’m glad that there is a fanbase for the novel ever since I picked it up :aww: happy that I chose this novel! But I’m sad :( because I can’t take about raws with anyone since it seems like no one reads as far as me (back then, I guess some have caught up to latest raws now)

Yes I agree! Without fang yuan I just cannot read this novel as I did before, he is the biggest reason why I’m reading since the start. Its strange how FY is so evil but people still love him and want to root for him. When author said he wanted to replace FY everyone was so upset so the author said he won’t change it anymore phew :sweating_profusely: I think he is like a crush I have but I will never chase him because he’d kill me :notlikeblob:

Chinese fans are so loyal and crazy and funny. I wish the egnlish fanbase was like that too >_< now the latest meme seems to be great love sect and Fan Yuan being the master of Acting Dao lol :D

Justice MC is so annoying. Almost all Western and JP Mc are justice... so I wanted to search for a truly evil type. But ‘cruel evil’ mc disappointed me, like they were just mean or ruthless to enemies but they always had to save pretty girls or sad old men in trouble. And then most of the time they just flip into good people at the end for no good reason. :blob_pout:
    So after all the search and hoping and despair, I finally found the true evil MC :aww:

12. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    End of book 4 he gets rid of zombie status but it would be a major spoiler for the ending if I told you exactly how. Unless you don’t mind...

13. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, i dont mind. I have seen hints but nothing with good detail on how he choose the path he did to get the chance to do what he did.

14. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Well quite honestly I was speed reading Book 4, but the final climax was a bit surprising. The Gloomy Soul Venerable appeared and tried to create an incredible Rank 10 Gu - Sovereign body Gu (?)
    But he was thwarted at the end and FY stole the Rank 9 unfinished Sovereign Body Gu by dream Dao and trickery. Hence he left his own body and got a new one, a body that was able to use any Dao.

15. kineticblast

kineticblast Very Unprofessional Farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry to inform you, fellow Daoist but my love for Daoist Gu is unmatched under heaven and earth! I'm caught up to the current chapter with Fang Yuan consoling people lol.

Sky Farrow likes this.
  16. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    A fellow RAW reader :eek:
    What are your thoughts on what Dao FY will create himself? (Besides Acting Dao, though it is legit he is the master of all masters over Acting)

17. Lilix66

Reading List:
    Link
    Wish i could read chinese but i cant :blobjoy: mtl also caught up with raws right? Sad no chapter for a few days bc author is sick :blobsob: yepp so glad author didnt change fangyuan :aww:

Lmao he should win an oscar for his amazing acting :blobxd: would love to see some memes too :(

Your point is the reason i stopped reading some novel, like if you want to be evil go full evil, if you want to be good then be good. They flip personality as easy as flipping a coin :facepalm:

Sky Farrow likes this.
  18. kineticblast

kineticblast Very Unprofessional Farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    I have absolutely no idea(y)

Fang yuan has yet to even create an entire system even though he's a venerable. I think he'll form a dao with refining at its core. He'll refine every Dao together and reach perfection in every realm then find the secret to immortality or something. But tbh fang yuan's path is absolutely unclear.

Sky Farrow likes this.
  19. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Author always falls sick lol :ROFLMAO: but yes MTL is caught up xD

Some of the memes are so funny but hard to translate :(

I know right!! That’s why I hated reading novels after a while, I just couldn’t find what I really wanted :eek:

20. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s true, though it is hard to make a system when you have way too many choices?
    There’s heaven and human Dao, then there is some other secret Dao like Otherworld Heaven Dao (the one Heavenly Thief mentioned)...