Discussion NUF General Chat Thread Statistics! Create More Threads about Tony!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Scrya, Feb 21, 2019.

?

Should I do more of these?

1. Yesh.

31 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. Nous.

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Scrya

Scrya Lurking all day long~

Reading List:
    Link
    Ello! I've been sick for a few days, and I don't have any mood to do any homework or translate. Like... I have a mountain of analytical work to do... But I really don't want to look at numbers right now... so... I decided to shove them all aside and work on something fun! YES! NUF ANALYTICS!

... Eh? Still analytics?

Uhh... Well, whatever! In any case, today's target of analysis is the General Chat Forum! Up to the point of data collection for this analysis (About 5 hours prior to the creation of this thread?), we have a total of:

- 13,210 threads
    - 568,515 posts

Most threads have a mean of about 42 replies each, and the distribution of the replies on each post can be seen in the following distribution plot:
    upload_2019-2-21_20-14-2.png

Fufu, as time passes, the number of users on NUF will increase, but does that equate to a more lively General Chat Forum? To find out, I plot a Time-Series Graph to visualize Number of Threads Created Per Week!

upload_2019-2-21_20-26-2.png

Ah!? We can see that compared to 2016 and 2017, the number of threads created on NUF have been steadily decreasing! Ehh!!

"But Scrya, you can't just look at thread counts! There might be more interactions within the threads themselves!"

Fumu fumu, true true. I have the same thought, my dear watson! So I decided to look at the Number of Replies/Posts Created Per Week next!

upload_2019-2-21_20-31-16.png

To my dismay, it shows about the exact same trend as the previous chart! Oh no! We must do something!

Yes, that's it! We need to look at the titles! After all, appealing titles will draw people into the threads! So, I decided to create a wordcloud to find out what are the popular words used in all of the threads so far... Of course, I removed stopwords (e.g. the, a, is) as they do not bring value to the analysis!
    upload_2019-2-21_20-36-9.png
    Oh, we have a good variety of words used for thread titles here! The larger the words, the more the words are frequently used in titles! Fumu fumu, it seems most thread titles come with 'help', 'novel', 'song',', etc... But does including these words guarantee more interactions? I don't think so...
    The mean number of replies for each of the threads with the popular words:
    help: 22.948
    novel: 25.071
    song: 22.361

These are all below the overall mean number of replies for each thread! Hmm... WAIT! WHAT DO I SEE HERE!?

upload_2019-2-21_20-43-17.png

@Tony ! Yes, Tony has always been a hot topic on General Chat! Maybe...? !! Threads with Tony in the titles have a mean number of 77.818 replies! That's way above the general mean of 42!

So we should create more threads about Tony then! But... how? Let's draw inspiration from previous threads centered around Tony...

upload_2019-2-21_20-47-40.png

Ohho! I see! Clickbait... scandal... das... parth... tease... fumu fumu... I see I see! In order to create more lively threads, we just have to come up with more scandals that Tony's involved in! Yes, that's it!

So everyone, you know what to do! For the future of NUF General Chat, we must put Tony in the limelight! Create more scandals! Create more clickbaits! Let's revive NUF together!

TLDR: Create more Tony threads.

Also, I totally did not write up such a long post and did so much analysis just to make people create more shitposts about Tony. Believe me.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    chomer, Pyoo, GinDole and 22 others like this.
  2. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, how do you make that analysis? Teach me senpai

3. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    gheist1234 and Donutmindme like this.
  4. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Parth x das is old news.

We need to create new shipping. Let Tony's harem expand.

Pyoo, Ruyue, Arcturus and 6 others like this.
  5. Yaoikun

Yaoikun The other Red Siblings | Cursed Black Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    !freemoney

6. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Much Wow. Such dedication. So clean. Very clean.

I like your aesthetics.

Ruyue and Scrya like this.
  7. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    2016 and 2017 the spammers were really active on the threads...

#maketonyspamagain

Ruyue, Nyann, AliceShiki and 6 others like this.
  8. CcChaos4

CcChaos4 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Silva

Silva Your local Image supplier

Reading List:
    Link
    Who isTony? Is it tasty?

10. Cryotic

Cryotic Nora's Psychic◈Nora's Silly Wife◈春雷◈暗いよ

Reading List:
    Link
    TonyXDas,TonyXDas! I ship!

11. The loner

The loner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always found it awesome when I came across any thread which applied their own knowledge to discuss.. :aww:
    Good Job Your Highness @Scrya ! (y)

caffeinefocus, ohko, Blitz and 2 others like this.
  12. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting.

13. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You almost have me convinced we should enable the T-virus to infect the total population in the forum. Nice try, but you can't trick HQ. We know this is a deliberate attempt to coerce and slyly advocate more T-virus infected threads alongside new T-virus infected. I will have to ask you to cease your attempts, and hand yourself over to the authorities. Yes, this is Section N/A. Should you resist, we shall associate you as a legitimate T-virus infected. Decide your fate.

Donutmindme and Scrya like this.
  14. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    bribe.jpg

15. Scrya

Reading List:
    Link
    It's because of agents like you that NUF have become stagnant! I'm one of the rebels! I'm one of the people that will bring NUF salvation! You can't stop us! Wahahahaha! *throws smokebomb on the ground and disappears*

GinDole and Donutmindme like this.
  16. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoa 2016-2017 was really active~
    :aww:

17. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Nuffians are crying for help, but nobody notices upload_2019-2-21_20-36-9.png

18. The loner

The loner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think 'how long the thread stays as the 2 latest one (or stays as headline on NU)' also affect how much people visits your thread... but sadly, it seems the data can only be collected manually, isn't it?

Well, I'm for one, almost never checked NUF unless it's on headline.. as I'm a slave of Sloth...

19. Scrya

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yes, fair point! But unless Tony has that data collected, or I go back in time and start recording the headlines stay duration for 3 on-going years, I won't be able to do analysis on it!

Donutmindme likes this.
  20. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rebel? Hahaha... You're mistaken, you're not a rebel. A rebel is virus free, but you aren't. Far from it, I can officially state that you're akin to the source of the infection. Such contamination... must be purged. Rebels are already part of the system... the current status quo has no need for change from uncontrollable factors like you and your kin. As of now, your threat level has been raised 1 level below the upper limit, therefore you're a priority target to be eliminated, if not contained. *walks calmly in the direction you ran through, while passing through the smoke as a glaring beam of red light is seen within the smoke* THERE ARE NO COMPRISES, ONLY ABSOLUTES. AND YOU ARE CLEARLY AGAINST US. THE EMPIRE WILL NOT STAND FOR SUCH VERMIN LOWER THAN REBELS TO INFEST OUR RIGHTEOUS ORDER.