Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    setsuna3025, LoveManga and nejvi like this.
  2. LoveManga

LoveManga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is so cutely funny! :LOL:

This is soooooo stupidly hilarious and catchy! I really like it. LMAO! :LOL:

nejvi, Yulia Scarlet and soie_yoie like this.
  3. Yaoilover-89

Yaoilover-89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fiorisi and LoveManga like this.
  4. kitkat2010

kitkat2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's on Youtube already. Just not subbed, yet.

5. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    I think one word to sum up to this is LXC is bias here.
    To be honest I love LXC, but at the same time, I'm not all so happy about some of the things that LXC is showing me.
    I am sad that ultimately that is the ending that LXC got in the end, I wish it was done differently, because I'm upset/salty and I really hope he can be happier later and get out of seclusion.
    Sometimes I even felt that NMJ is more of the righteous kind than LXC for speaking up, instead of being passive about it...

BingQui (I finally know the ship name LOL) XDD kissed before their confession too (from what I can recall), LBH kissed SQQ inside his dream which caught his Shizun by surprise.

6. asckj1

asckj1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for a very late reply. These translations by yummy suika are really good. So don't have any doubts in mind and go ahead to read them (y)(y)(y)(y)

I don't reakly know if sakhyulations has dropped this or not. last time i saw they had released c20. I'm not following their chaoters anymore actually because yummy suika gives chapters so super fast and also very good translations and also because i'm reaaaally impatient when it comes to knowing what's coming next. Don't want to sit waiting and waiting for days just to know that the story progresses really little especially in case of hob as it has 200+ chapters. I like the speeed in which yummy suika has decided to release chapters. It's the best way to provide fans with fast releases for such a long series

Ze Wu Jun and Sauling like this.
  7. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I'M CRYING!!! :blobsob::blobsob: Suibian, you are SO precious to me!! :blob_teary::blob_teary:
    I love sword/weaponry that have a personality of it's own who gives that theme that they only have ONE master and it chooses it's own master!! :blob_teary::blob_teary:

It always puts a smile on my face when I see Yummysuika updates, cuz they really are very fast on their updates, and their quality translation is very good too (although I do often visit sakhyulations translations from time to time)

setsuna3025 and asckj1 like this.
  8. asckj1

asckj1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read c102 released on exiled rebel scans once again. And i'm sad again :blobconfounded: Jiang Cheng still looks like a cranky bull in this chapter, but in another later chapter in very few sentences we get to learn about why Jiang Cheng ended up in the Lotus Pier immediately after its destruction and the thoughts he had been holding onto all this time. I'm reminded right now of @AngryEggplant's signature - Jiang Cheng is indeed misunderstood. :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

readerz, setsuna3025 and Sauling like this.
  9. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I already read those chapters a long time ago on my end (from another translation), and honestly, you can say my feelings towards JC here is just like Lan Zhan in these chapters. Honestly, I was like, "Jiang Cheng, can you please stop being ungrateful for once?! :blobexpressionless:"

------

Side note, I seriously can't believe when I'm skimming through these comments, I actually see people are at odds with Wei Ying, considering how much he's sacrificed for Jiang Cheng?! :blob_catflip: I'm sorry asckj1, this reply right here (what I'm saying now) isn't replying to you, but me just combining my reply in one post, since I am refraining myself to double-post here.

upload_2019-2-24_19-59-12.png

This comment, really?! :blob_thor::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip: Argh, this infuriates me more!!:blobexpressionless::facepalm:
    I mean, I KNEW someone i.e. Jiang Cheng bias will be there to curse Wei Ying, this person doesn't understand what's so sympathetic about Wei Ying?! Umm, what's there not to be sympathetic about? I can make a list stating why Wei Ying is a sympathetic character, and it's a long list... And even after this revelation, how can someone even say Wei Ying isn't a sympathetic character?! I'll have to say that, he sacrificed his life's cultivation for this person's favourite character, so no thank you's, is fine, but... What more does this person want?! :blobunamused: If it weren't for Wei Ying's GC transferred to him..... JC (imo) wouldn't have lived up to this stage because he just can't without a GC..... Wei Ying knew that, that's why he sacrificed his own GC for Jiang Cheng... And this is the the catalyst that made Wei Ying walked this demonic path... I am not blaming Jiang Cheng here, because I knew how much he suffered too, but honestly, after all that Wei Ying has done, especially for Jiang Cheng, even if he broke his promise, when he really didn't to me, if you look at this in another sense, how can fans (Jiang Cheng bias) be so ungrateful to Wei Ying and made THAT comment? :blob_teary:

I don't want to go into this whole debate about 'what is right or what is wrong anymore', we (those who've read it) will understand what is considered as the right thing to do, but sometimes when I read comments like this, it makes me wonder, do people even read the novel (as a whole) properly before making such comments? I mean Wei Ying isn't the type to just turn his back on those who needs help, and that's one of the qualities I admire/love about him. Someone have to stand up to those Wen Dogs... :facepalm:The death to Jiang Cheng parents wasn't caused by Wei Ying, but it was the Wen Dogs doing! :blob_catflip: Whether Wei Ying stand up to the Wen Dogs or not, it will bound to happen sooner or later!

What more do people who fault Wei Ying here want to do?! So standing up against Wen Dogs is wrong? Saving an innocent like Mian Mian, Lan Zhan, and those innocent Wen's (hello, A-Yuan, who is now Lan Sizhui) is wrong???!!

Lastly, this person doesn't understand what Lan Zhan sees in him? That's ouch, really just ouch, and I'm done, really done.... :blob_catflip:(Poor Wei Ying!!! :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:) I really can't and didn't expect to see comments so against Wei Ying at this stage, and you know..... I really dislike the whole comment about people using the excuse that Wei Ying broke his promise with Jiang Cheng, when you think about it, it doesn't have to be this way... Sure, before all this, Jiang Cheng have the right to blame Wei Ying because he broke his promise, but in another sense, Jiang Cheng wasn't able to stand by Wei Ying side too, when Wei Ying needed him.

And now... I'm just going to capitalize what I'm going to say here, to those who think Wei Ying broke his promise to Jiang Cheng... When you think about it (now, when all truth is revealed)! Wei Ying never did...In another sense, the moment when Wei Ying transferred his GC to Jiang Cheng, which is the sole reason what pushed Wei Ying to this demonic path (so this isn't sympathetic enough?!) he was always by Jiang Cheng side... His GC have assisted Jiang Cheng all these years, the same GC that sends him spiritual power, that acts as a force to bring Wei Ying down... When everyone went against him...

So please! Stop using that as an excuse to say Wei Ying broke his promise, because spiritually, in another sense, he NEVER did! :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

P.S: This is rather ironic, since I originally saw this fanart on FB and it made me laugh LOL, but after reading that comment, I feel somewhat a bit ironic about it cuz, JC comment is exactly what that person said.... But JC comment here just made me LOL, whereas that comment by that person really annoyed me so much :blob_catflip: I'm sorry for getting emotional here, but I need to let this out because Wei Ying doesn't deserve to be treated like this too... and people say JC is misunderstood? I feel like Wei Ying (after reading that comment) is so misunderstood :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Yaoilover-89

Yaoilover-89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I didn't know that the video was already available on YouTube... :facepalm:

11. nejvi

nejvi ~\(≧▽≦)/~

Reading List:
    Link
    @Sauling
    Tbh I never understood how WW caused deaths of JC's parents and his whole sect, even if at that time he did not help others in that cave, all of them would burn eventually. I mean we all read the same thing, how Wen sect set fire to everyone just for one wrong word against them. Given how JC's mom character was, when they wanted to set office in her sect, she would eventually start some kind of war with them. When someone wants to destroy you they will find a reason sooner or later. And Shijie gave her life to defend him, he did not kill her. So when I sum up everything, WW's fault in my eyes is almost non existing. He did what he thought was right, that's something to be proud about. I don't know about others, but hey that's how i see it

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Sauling, asckj1 and Yaoilover-89 like this.
  12. asckj1

asckj1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very well put and agree with you 100% on everything. I'd written the same things back during one discussion here. Wei WuXian's case is always something like- a crow sits on the branch and the branch snaps and falls. So everyone blames that because the crow sat on it, it snapped and fell.

Also @Sauling, I had also put this few pages back when I read c110 but after I read this bit I have forever shut my mouth about not saying anything about Jiang Cheng.
    From c110 end part-
    Jin Ling tried again. “Just now! I saw, you wanted to say something to Wei Wuxian, but then you didn’t.”

Remaining silent for several moments, Jiang Cheng shook his head and said, “There’s nothing much to say.”

What would he say?

To say, Back then, it wasn’t that I was intentionally trying to go back to Lotus Pier to retrieve my parents’ body and got caught by the Wens.

When we were on the run and passed by that town and you went to buy supplies, a pair of Wen sect cultivators had tracked us here.

I noticed it early and left the place I was sitting at and was hiding at a street corner. I was able to evade them, but they were patrolling the streets and before long, they would encounter you, who was busy buying supplies.

So I ran out, trying to divert their attention.

Yet, just like when Wei Wuxian had given him his golden core and was unable to tell him the truth, today, Jiang Cheng was no longer able to say anything.

-------------

Wei WuXian sacrificed heavily for Jiang Cheng, but this chapter made it crystal clear what was Jiang Cheng's sacrifice as well. Only after reading that chapter I understand what someone had once said in this thread about Jiang Cheng's sacrifice. The author sure know to stab exactly where it hurts. I also read somewhere that Jiang Cheng faked the attack on Wei WuXian just to show that he had cut ties with Wei WuXian for good and that they were not on good terms so that other cultivation sects would leave Wei WuXian alone. The author never has shown anything from Jiang Cheng's POV except for the last bit in c110. So his actions can be severly misunderstood. But all this said, that's where the author wins! She brings out harsh reactions towards this character from readers throughout the series only to drop the bomb at the end with the perfect timing.

setsuna3025 and nejvi like this.
  13. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    Well he truly is a character you can neither love nor hate and can only mutter tsun tsun uncle under your breath lol

14. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh.... What? Wei Ying is responsible for the death of Jiang Cheng's mother, father and sister? It sounds really illogical to the point I will conclude one thing:

*Either they are blindly in love with Jiang Cheng.

*They have interpreted the story wrongly.

*Troll. Trying to agitate us. Ignore them.
    It's surprising how did they come so far if they don't like the MC. They are not giving their own point of view. They are trolling. In fact they may be trying to bring out arguements in favour of Wei Ying and bring more Jiang Cheng hatred among the fans in the process, even that now we know Jiang Cheng's secret.

I know what I am saying sounds a bit too cold. But honestly, after seeing such weird developments in Mo Dao Zu Shi fandometrics, I can't help but be wary. I don't even want to waste my time giving a shit to their dumb opinion. It's not as if I cannot rant endlessly though. Say that I am blindly in love with Wei Wuxian, cause I am.

15. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like whoever it is that said that shouldn’t be reading the story at all

Yulia Scarlet, Fiorisi and Sauling like this.
  16. Ze Wu Jun

Ze Wu Jun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How's the age difference between Lan Wangji and Lan XiChen?
    Also Nie MingJue and Nie HuaiSang and Jin GuangYao?

17. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    ahhahaha so where is the inner angel there is always the inner angel and demon fighting ahahahhahahahah :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:
    huh WTF LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL tat person is stupid and hav no fkin brain at all wtf NO FKIN BRAIN TO THINKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: to say till like tat haizzzzzzzzzzzzz i can onli just :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: no point gettin angry at this kind of ppl sia waste of time and mostly wat tat person wans anyway though i was abit tick off seeiing tat comment but den like nahhhhhhhhhhhh no point ahhahahhaha waste of my timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. all i can say is tat person is realli stupidddddddddddddddd and has no brain or a fkin pea for a brain or even no heart at all LOLOLOLOLOL :blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobcheeky::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:
    the pic ya i saw tat oso i LOL at it so harddddddddddddddddddddddd :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:
    :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary: is tat how subian sealed himself cause he don wan anyone but wei ying as his master????????????? damn it suibain u the man sword and chenqing is naked and onli a cloak wow nciee but in the end he oso couldnt protect his master :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

Yulia Scarlet, Sauling and nejvi like this.
  18. asckj1

asckj1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a really good interpretation, isn't it! But darn! It's too sad :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary: I mean Wei WuXian kept randomly throwing Suibian here and there after he returned from the Burial Mounds. If the sword really did manifest itself with human feelings, how horrible it must feel to be abandoned by his master like that :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob: But it's also a characteristic of any object to be in possession and loyal to it's possessor- unconditionally loyal and unchanging.
    This fanart artist really gives very good interpretations of some backstories of the MDZS characters. I loved her comic strips on Mo XuanYu's story too!

setsuna3025 likes this.
  19. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    if the sowrd realli manifest itself wif human feelings suibain will defintely punch the daylights out of wei ying for anyhow throwin him everywhere and be abandoned and will cry damn. she did a gd job on capturing the emotions and makin us cry ahhaha

Yulia Scarlet likes this.
  20. Randomizer

Randomizer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was the other way around, WWX's ties with the Jiang sect kept him safe up until then. In general, cultivators respected the Jiang sect but disliked WWX. JYL called out Jin ZiXun and others at the Hundred Phoenix Mountain, they didn't dare treat her rudely partly because she was JC's sister (Ch. 70). WWX brought up leaving the Jiang sect (it's very strongly implied in order to avoid further burdening the Jiang sect), JC quickly agreed.

The truth showed JC genuinely cared for WWX pre-Sunshot Campaign. But personally I don't think it shed any new light on his more controversial actions afterwards (his attitude towards WWX and the Wen siblings, how he supposedly spent 13 years harming innocent civilians).

I find the 'JC wanted to protect WWX post-Sunshot Campaign' argument unconvincing. The author explicitly said there was hatred in JC's heart towards WWX after NMJ mentioned the Lotus Pier attack (Ch. 73). JC had plenty of opportunities to explain the debt he, WWX and the Jiang sect owed the Wen siblings. The truth would have persuaded ever-righteous-NMJ, and LXC was already speaking up for WQ, so JGS would be outnumbered 3-to-1… but he refused. He immediately agreed when WWX proposed leaving the Jiang sect, and despite seeing the poor living condition on LuanZang, never tried to secretly send help (food or money).

I don't think JC truly hated WWX at this point, but he put personal grudges and gain above concern for WWX - which doesn't necessarily make JC bad or evil. JGY described post-Sunshot Campaign JC very accurately:
    "Luckily, your relationship with your apprentice-brother did not seem too good, so everyone thought there was opportunity to be had; if it led to a fallout between you two of course they'd stir the pot […] Sect Leader Jiang, if only you had improved your attitude towards your apprentice-brother the slightest bit, showing that your partnership could not be broken, making those people back off and stop scheming instigations, or if after events happened you were a sliver more understanding/tolerant, things would not have turned out as they did."

In the end when WWX saw JC still acting as if he was responsible for his parents' and sister's deaths, WWX rejected any more back-and-forth as pointless. Hopefully JC's silence at the end was because he realized the same.

We've seen this setup before with how XY went out. Honestly, there are few characters with absolutely no good points.

Even for the villains:
    - XY's last moment hints XXC's warmth did touch his heart.
    - WWX-parallel - er, Wen ZhuLiu stopped Wang LingJiao from defiling Madame Yu's corpse and loyally repaid his debt.
    - Su She was extremely loyal to JGY and died protecting him.
    - JGY deeply cared for LXC, and established the lookout towers to help common civilians, while facing opposition from cultivation society.
    XY and JGY also had tragic backstory reveals for extra sympathy points. But those villains are still villains... as the story repeatedly emphasizes, no matter one's past good deeds and suffering, there is never a justified reason to harm innocent people.

Off-topic, looks like the audio drama's 2nd season includes the 'Evil Friends' and 'Iron Hook' extras, so 'Family Banquet', 'Taking the Door', 'Yunmeng' extras will probably be in the 3rd and last season. I'm... not sure how 'Incense Burner' could realistically be adapted.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019