Spoiler Dumb Husky and his White Cat Shizun

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Cypress, Feb 22, 2019.

1. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s cuz it’s rare for main characters to be the top lmao

Tsukiyo, Kumo723, Miki T and 3 others like this.
  2. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for this! Now I have more questions to ask lol! :cookie:

What/Who was the ML trying to protect MC from? Does it have to do with Shi Mei? Also, is ML mentally aware of the "restart?" or nah?
    Shi Mei lived the second time around but ML died in exchange. How did ML die?

Kumo723, Yulia Scarlet and nejvi like this.
  3. MonaLily

MonaLily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (i'm reading ch 123 now~)

idk if it has to do with shi mei or accurately protecting MC from "anyone" but as of now, ML has been really gentle with MC. "protect" in a sense like, teaching / guiding MC to be a better person, and (secretly) helping/saving MC in his most desperate times
    As for Shi Mei, i haven't read it YET, but i know Shi Mei will become the antagonist. (Shi Mei has a huge backstory for his motive)

he is not aware of it, as of now.

During the second time, instead of Shi Mei and ML supporting the broken barrier, it's MC and ML. same as previous, MC was hit by a powerful blow, ML did not even turn around to help him. Instead ML walked away because he doesn't want to drag anymore harm towards MC. (but MC doesn't know that. he thinks ML is being cold hearted.)
    After sealing the barrier, ML rushed back to MC and saved MC's life by giving his remaining energy to him. With all his energy gone, ML is as weak as a normal human. the heavily wounded ML used his last breath to drag the unconscious MC back to Death-Life peak.
    I think ML died because he lost all his energy plus his human body couldn't recover from all the wounds he suffered during the war, probably blood lost?

4. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaaaww ML :blob_teary::blobcry:

So the MC was unconscious throughout the whole event I assume? When ML was saving him? If so, how did the MC react to the ML saving him/giving up his life for him??

5. MonaLily

Reading List:
    Link
    MC last felt a person holding him before passing out (if i remember correctly). When MC woke up in Death-Life Peak, he didn't even know ML is dead. MC is too busy feeling glad that ShiMei is alive. It's only when Xue Meng came in crying, ugly sobbing, and scolding him that he realise ML is gone. when MC learns that ML died because of him, let's say.... MC is... lost. he couldn't believe what he heard. whatever he knew about ML seems to be horribly wrong and something died inside him. There's even a huge long blood trail on the stairs leading to Death-Life Peak.
    yeap. that's the blood trail ML left when he was carrying/dragging MC up the 3000-step stairs :blob_teary:

this is why this novel hurts so much. :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  6. LukaLuka_Night

LukaLuka_Night Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo, someone called?
    I purchased all the VIP chapters on JJWXC, and no, they don’t have smut at all. The most you’ll get is probably making out.

7. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:
    :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

ML!!!

What is only after ML died did MC realise he may not have been what he thought ML was? That he actually cared for MC?

Shimizu Yuki and Yulia Scarlet like this.
  8. YaoiMom22

YaoiMom22 Madam Lan (XiChen) ... for reasons.

Reading List:
    Link
  9. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm MTL-ing this novel and can give spoilers lol (down a deep pit, please send halp).

So the reason why MWY/MR (gong) is so conflicted about his shizun (CWN) is because of Shi Mei/Xue Ya. To MWY, Shi Mei was the 'white moonlight' in his heart -- or less poetically, that person he loves/had a lot of feels about but died. In 1st life, MWY begged CWN on his knees to help save Shi Mei, but shizun refused (reason unknown). So Shi Mei died in MWY's arms and gave MWY a massive grudge.

During the years, MWY & CWN fought a lot on and off (like archenemies) before MWY finally won and hauled off him off to his sex dungeon house imprisonment. Tbh, I don't know if MWY was taking revenge, being yandere, or just being stupidly confused at this point because he seems to have forced himself on CWN in this complicated mess of feels. And at some point, CWN chooses to die but not before MWY regurgitates a bunch of feels and how he never felt senpai shizun noticed him and blah blah blah -- and CWN apologizes for not being a good enough shifu before he dies. MWY (this boy is really like a dumb husky, he's... just so dumb. Especially with his emotions) panics and tries to save CWN but despite being the Emperor of the cultivation world, can do nothing. The death scene flashback was really sad and just about made me cry on the spot -- because for MWY's faults, you can tell immediately that he deeply cares about CWN. As MWY puts it, he sat there that day with CWN's cooling body in his arms, somehow beyond either sorrow or joy. And earlier, he also mentions that something in him seemed to have died when CWN died. But after CWN dies, he pulls some xianxia thing and preserves CWN's body with his spiritual powers, hoping he can revive him one day. As we know, it doesn't work out. MWY dies in his 1st life with CWN's death as one of his life's greatest regrets and the one he can bear remembering/thinking about the least.

Now in 2nd life, MWY is still caught in a hate/love sort of relationship (on his side) with CWN who has no idea. MWY gets very possessive of CWN at the oddest moments because he still at some level considers CWN 'his'; he does try to stop but his feelings override him sometimes. And this time around, he notices a lot of things he didn't before -- how CWN wasn't always that 'scum' shifu punishing him or standing in his way, how CWN isn't all bad, how CWN...can be really dumb (at taking care of himself). CWN voluntarily went to the sect elders for punishment for attacking their client (the client was complete scum, that story arc made me wanna cry) even though he was still heavily injured from protecting MWY (whose cultivation is still low in this 2nd life).

But yeah, I'll update when I have more. SO MANY FEELS.

10. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    MWY is so dumb. He's so emotionally dumb I want to cry omfg.

He believes he's in love with Shi Mei then continually gets awkward boners from seeing/thinking about CWN and keeps telling himself he hates CWN. Really.

dude your boners are telling you something, believe it

CWN is actually kind of cute, he's at the awkward stage where he's wondering if there's a springtime of love for him after all lol. But he still looks cold/deadpan. :blobxd:

SPOILER: As of chapter 36, MWY got a massive boner after accidentally ending up in the bath with his shizun. He ran out immediately for an emergency wank and is still trying to convince himself he hates CWN. LOL

11. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol MWY boners never lie!!!! After reading this I feel that I should change the title of this threat back to "Dumb Husky.." I welcome the angst which is why I wanted to read it~ Thanks for the spoilers scriptor~ hoping to hear more
    Why is he in denial like c'mon dude you can't be this oblivious?!

12. MonaLily

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah. only then he realise that ML is not as bad as he thinks, ML cares for MC, A LOT. it's a big misunderstanding.

An important event happened, which is the start of MC and ML's misunderstanding, and also probably MC's "fondness" towards ShiMei (Moonlight)

When MC first entered the Death-Life Peak, young MC actually really liked ML (MC picked ML among all of the Masters). so one day MC was caught stealing / plucking a flower, but turns out, that flower is a very precious magical flower planted by sect leader's wife. ML whipped MC on the back as punishment. MC hid inside his room. he refuse to eat anything and cried alot. it hurts so much he couldn't even lay on his back. However, the reason MC plucked the flower was because he thinks the flower is really beautiful so he wanted to give it to ML. (but ML doesn't know this) Then, ShiMei entered MC's room and handed a bowl of handmade dumpling / wonton to him and help him applied medicine. MC really like the wontons. <<< This is when MC started to think Shi Mei is the white gentle moonlight.

in first life, after Shi Mei died, MC met ML in the sect kitchen. MC saw ML is trying to make the wontons that shi mei makes for MC everytime. MC is furious and pushed ML, making ML drop all those wontons on the floor. ML did not say anything, he just picked up the now dirtied wontons and threw it away. MC thought that ML was mocking him and trying to imitate Shi Mei to gain some forgiveness (remember MC hated ML for not saving Shi Mei)

in the 2nd, After ML died, MC, Xue Meng, and Shi Mei was tasked to search for ML's soul to later revive ML. (all of them are ML's disciples.)
    (in chinese culture there's this thing where on the 7th day after a person dies, the person's soul will come back and visit the human realm, whether to meet the family, or solve things that the person weren't able to solve when they are alive, or when they have strong unsettled emotions.)
    In the novel's setting, human soul will be split into 3 after death. the "earth soul, human soul, and sense soul" (idk if i translate this correctly). the sense soul will stay within the dead body. earth soul and human soul will go to the underworld. on the 7th day, only the human soul is allowed to come back. However, because the "conscious soul" stays in the dead body, the other two souls will have some "defects", whether it be lost memories, lost consciousness, lost powers, being blind, etc.

MC found ML's human soul at the sect kitchen. MC went ahead and found out ML is preparing wontons, but however, ML's human soul has lost the accuracy of his senses - he can't really differenciate / feel / hear things properly. ML's hand is burnt because he can't feel the heat when cooking, and everytime he drops something he couldn't pick it up because he doesn't know where it went. ML even mistook MC as Shi Mei :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:.

PLOT TWIST: the wontons MC so ever loved and even relate it to Shi Mei's kindness, is actually made by ML, shi mei only delivers it.

this hurts SO MUCH!! because it implies that ML's strong unsettled thoughts, is the incident where he whipped MC for a plucked flower. ML felt that he overdid it and wanted to apologize, but ML is a big TSUNDERE (with his ego problem), he couldn't bring himself to apologise, so he asks shi mei to deliver the wontons. ML is reacting / reliving the moment after he died!!! he wanted to make up to MC! but MC is so fcking stupid MC ended up hating ML, and even projecting his affection towards the WRONG PERSON(shi mei) It really hurts!! like ML is a machine inventor!! his hands are delicate!! but now the human soul ML who lost his senses is preparing wontons with his BURNT HANDS!!

MC now realise that ML actually cares about him, from "not saving him in the battle" and "preparing food for him", it's just that ML is a big tsun with a ego problem. However this time, humansoul!ML decided to bring the wontons himself. MC pretends to be the young injured MC and said that he doesn't hate shizun. shizun is the best shizun. and even explained that he plucked the flower is for ML. humansoul!ML just smiled and said "don't do it again next time okay?" and ask him to eat the wontons.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Moro-sama, BooBoo, SourKandy and 24 others like this.
  13. MonaLily

Reading List:
    Link
    chu wan ning is the best shizun.
    chu wan ning is stone cold on the outside but actually soft and warm and kind on the inside.
    chu wan ning is a tsundere with a huge gap more.
    chu wan ning likes to eat sweet food, esp sweet desserts.
    HIS FAV. CANDY FLAVOR IS MILK CANDY!!!!!!
    :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

14. MonaLily

Reading List:
    Link
    you know what's good? after successfully revive ML, ML and MC went on a quest to a countryside and that whole arc is just describing how strong their desire for each other is. both of them having awkward boners here and there and both refuse to acknowledge it.

THIS WHOLE ARC IS FCKING GOLD.

**both of them having awkward boners and heavy sweating**

ML: everything MC does looks so lewd and why am i thinking about these dirty thoughts. I AM GRANDMASTER YUHENG. I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO FEEL LUST
    MC: respect and love shizun. respect and love. he is your mentor. R E S P E C T, L O V E. *proceeds to spell 'respect' and 'love' for 100 times in his mind *

ML's first morning wood after years of abstinence (plus being dead for 5 years) is because ML had a wet dream about MC.

15. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    They're so dumb for each other I cri.

SO. DUMB.

And their souls are cosmically intertwined or something like that. LOL. MWY shoulda realized that when that one expert guy told him.

16. Kirihara Maya

Kirihara Maya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC needs 140+ chapters to realize he's in love with his Shizun :blobjoy: It's funny that both of them practically seducing each other unconsciously :blobjoy::blobjoy:

17. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    The amount of misunderstanding piling up for this couple is making me dread the incoming chapters that are being translated!! I
    'm gonna cry, I'm gonna scream, I'm gonna tear my hair out for these two idiots :blobsob:
    I cannot wait for this!! :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: Comedy Gold this chapter is going to be! :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

More questions to ask btw! @MonaLily @scriptor
    Is Shimei bad? Is she going to be the antagonist? For this novel? or just one of the antagonist?
    Also, at what chapter do the ML & MC confess their love for each other?

Shimizu Yuki and Cypress like this.
  18. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    So far, Shimei isn't bad -- he's kind of an innocent tbh. Just unfortunately mixed up between these two dumbasses in love.

I CRI SO HARD OMG. Tragedy coming up, my angst sensor can feel it.

So far, poor shizun's pain keeps piling up. He's got a bad temper and doesn't look like he cares, but he's got a real white lotus heart -- he's such a good person ughhhhh *bawls*

Like a lot of what MWY thinks Shimei did for him, was actually CWN. At one point, MWY is under an illusion and going to die if no one wakes up and breaks it. He thinks it's Shimei who woke up and saved him, but it was actually CWN... And CWN saved him and even hugged him, letting MWY believe he was Shimei because CWN doesn't believe he deserves to be loved. ;-;

Well, that and the fact that MWY confessed his love for Shimei, so he thinks he won't complicate their love by being third wheel.

I dunno at which chapter MWY & CWN confess mutual love, I'd need to read further.

*biting into handkerchief furiously and bravely going on to read moar

19. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

There's so much knives!!!!
    Thank you for your bravery @scriptor-san
    I will patiently wait :cookie:

scriptor likes this.
  20. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there're also cute bits lol. Like CWN de-ages because of his injuries and wanders around as a child for a while and MWY thinks he's super cute (MWY doesn't know it's CWN). They spend a lot of time together and MWY takes care of him while being DUMB and saying/thinking 'oh, you remind me of my shizun, are you related?'

And then they sleep together or near each other quite a few times because they're on missions/adventures a lot and it's not like single rooms are possible all the time.

Also CWN is a bad cook. LOL. MWY ends up with kitchen duty quite often.

CWN's sweet tooth is adorbs.

MWY eats a lot of unreasonable vinegar because he can't stop thinking of CWN as 'his' and has to keep stopping himself.

MWY continually getting boners. :blobxd:

And some angst: MWY's sword in his 1st life -- the one he killed numerous cities and people with and became OP Emperor -- was unnamed/sealed but was named/unsealed after CWN died. He drank the whole night and woke up in the morning to find the words 'No Return' inscribed because CWN wasn't ever going to come back.