Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Event Hall

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Jan 28, 2019.

1. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Some lovely music disturbs Kathicia from her sleep so she decides to head over towards it to see what exactly it was about. Flying towards the sound Kathicia notes that a few of the cultists are also heading towards it so she follows them, noticing that the cultists seem to be converging upon the Orphanage Kathicia starts slowly taking out the cultists with her fans killing off the ones that are alone and vulnerable to her flying retribution whilst blowing the darkness spirits to death, with the blood of the cultists for the song and the roughly 10 minutes after Kathicia kills off 15 of the cultists and 5 of the darkness spirits.

After having slain them Kathicia moves towards the orphanage and knocks politely on the door. I think you guys might need to move that wonderful music seems to have attracted some of the cultists and darkness spirits towards you. But I've taken care of them, you're music is so enchanting it carries through the battlefield so maybe don't play again~" Kathicia decides to have a nice nap on the roof of the orphanage.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Adrian160596 likes this.
  2. Ejsarv

Ejsarv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With a stab here and a stab there, both he and the guards finally made it to the church. Only for him to sigh as he watched the adventurers around him cleave through the cultists around the church like they were made out of butter. Seeing so many of his fellow E ranks doing so made him wonder why was he ranked the same way as those monsters in the first place.

Though in all honesty that didn't matter, he would rather let them handle the hard work if he could since he was horrible in actual head to head combat and the chances of him sneaking behind any cultist was close to nonexistent in this atmosphere. So all he could do was to let the guards and adventurers around him do their work until he was needed.

Adrian160596 and Haxagen like this.
  3. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    A gourd rolled into an alleyway, breathing roughly as he sliced the flaming elemental that pursued. Somehow the information spread and the next divebomb targets jad fire elementals mixed among their mages. And they're also keeping an eye on the sky, the few seconds it took him to descend were enough to prepare. His Dart Brand changed his direction once and he eviscerated two cultists with the surprise, but from then on it was a long slog where they kept summoning fire elementals - they stopped with the black ones after the first few failed like the one from before - while harrowing him with ranged spells. The fire elementals weren't tough but they needed the arcane enchantment to destroy quickly, enchantment which whittled down with every slash. Eventually he cut away from combat and retreated. He could manage burst of actions with some rest inbetween but a battle of attrition was too burdensome for his injuries.

"Maybe fighting Soren was a bit too impulsive... I wonder where's the guy?"

More elementals rounded the corner. He sliced and stabbed, taking down two just as his enchantment winked out - spent. Some wary or brave cultists showed up behind their flaming vanguard, the first received a pointy stick to the chest and the next a poisoned knife through the shoulder. The gourd unstrapped his shield from his back and held it on his offhand, glancing around for a retreat. He knew his own body, and it couldn't last much longer.

He clicked his tongue in annoyance at two cultists showing up to flank him but they got flanked by an incoming reinforcement in return. About time things started to torun their way.

"Raz, right? Good timing, there are way too many of these guys." He said after briefly identifying the newcomer. "Help me deal with this lot? I'm a bit exhausted."

Half a dozen fire elementals emerged, as well as the five cultists behind them. Well, if they're here that means they're not assaulting the church. If only they'd die without complain instead of causing more trouble for everyone involved.

Adrian160596, Arexio, Ejsarv and 2 others like this.
  4. Arexio

Arexio Blob Fanatic | AG Player

Reading List:
    Link
    Kyle and Ryul took care of the spirits and cultists in their immediate proximity upon their arrival.

The duo discussed their options after taking in the whole scene at the church. There were many different skirmishes between the cultists and defenders, with the occasional fellow adventurer here and there. It seemed that there were also many scared and injured civilians caught up in this mess as well.

After some deliberation, they decided the best use of their skillsets would be to have Kyle take his skeletons to help the defenders while Ryul and his elemental Th'Kun, who both could use healing magic, should make their way closer to the majority of the civilians.

Many were injured. Some were even...Ryul felt bile rise in his throat as he saw the gruesome bodies left after the initial explosion. He shook his head, recovered his bearings, and began to heal some of the more injured civilians, at the very least stopping their bleeding for now, with [Nature's Balm].

He finished healing his third person when Th'Kun had just managed to complete healing his fifth. The healed individuals made their way into the Church building itself to seek shelter.

Ryul thought that taking a short break in there was a good idea. After he entered inside, he happened to stumble upon a little fairy resting in a hole in the wall.

"Hello?"

OOC: @Nahrenne

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Adrian160596 and Nahrenne like this.
  5. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Going next to Jack, he nods and says, "Yeah, they planned this for a while now. Let me guess, it has something to do with all of those church quests, doesn't it? Anyway, let's get rid of these small fries."

Deciding to rush forward, Raz shoots Water Balls at three of the fire elementals in front of them and sees them fade away. He then rushes forward and enhances his sword with KI and says, "Why can't there just be an enjoyable festival!?" and slices one of them in half and twisting around to cut one of the cultists head off.

After having more blood get on him, he gets angry, "I just washed this just before the festival too!"

Adrian160596 and Arexio like this.
  6. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hurry! This way! It's only 1 more street!" (Haruna)

The group consisting of children and some adults ran, with the children huddled closely in the middle while the three adults each took a corner, standing around the children in a triangle.

"There! The back door!" (Shiori)

Lifting her heavy waraxe, Haruna brings it down in a vertical chop, cleaving the cultist in half before kicking his remains aside.

The little orphanage keeper snapped her fingers twice, and the back door swings open.

"Get in! Get in! Hurry!" (Shiori)

Once every last child was inside, the trio of adults entered as well, with Shiori closing the door behind her, and locking it with another finger snap.

"Is everyone still alright?!" (Shiori)

Adrian160596, A5G_Reaper and Ejsarv like this.
  7. WhitesRabbit48

WhitesRabbit48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Upon exiting the tavern, Lethe(?) laughed "The smell of death and chaos, ah, it's been too long! Let me have some fun while I can!"

Laughing wildly then continuing to whistle Lethe(?) traipsed through the panicked crowd.

He was just making his merry way to the church, which seemed to be the center of the panic, when a man threw a fireball at him. Taking a causal step back to avoid the ball of flame, Lethe(?) turned to look at the man.

Giving him his best smile Lethe(?) asked, "Now, now what do we have here? I'm just trying to enjoy this wonderful evening and you, a mere peasant, want to attack me? This, this is a new one." Lethe(?) said laughing again but in a different way, a colder way. "Looks to me like you have forgotten your place. I suppose it is my duty a good citizen to remind you of it, is it not?"

"Such a pity. It seems I've been gone so long that people do not even remember anymore." sighed Lethe(?) while shaking his head.

That smile gave the man a shiver down his spine. How could such a pretty boy have such a bloodthirsty, grotesque smile? He was supposed to be going to the church to help orchestrate its demise but right now running seemed like a better option.

"Oh no, no. You do not get to run my friend. I have some questions for you." said Lethe(?) his smile growing even wider and a touch more insane, "Now, do we want to do this the easy way, or the hard way? Frankly, I find the hard way more enjoyable but, to be fair, I must offer the choice. So what'll it be? You tell me everything or we have a little fun?"

"E-e-easy w-way!" replied the man practically shaking out of his skin.

"What a pity." murmured Lethe(?) in apparent disappointment.

"We're, we're dark cultists trying to take down the Church of Ralditorias! That's, that's all I know! I s-s-swear! Can, can I go now?" squeaked out the man.

"Well of course, of course. You have given me such valuable information! How could I not let you go?! Do you really think I'm such a monster?" Lethe asked his face a picture of utter shock and dismay.

Not even bothering to look back the man turned to run.

"Ah, ah, ah. I never said you could go there, now did I?" said Lethe(?) the smile returning "I meant go to sleep, eternal sleep."

With that, he tossed out a dagger that went straight into the man's back, ending his life. With another laugh somewhere between insanity and madness, Lethe(?) retrieved the dagger and continued to make his way towards the church.

8. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Throwing knives met the other cultists, the poison rapidly paralyzing them even if it failed to kill. And in battlefield like this, paralysis are deadly.

He stepped after Raz, collecting his knives while stabbing any survivors, leaning roughly on the nearby wall after it's done. No enemies in sight yet.

"I need a moment. You could go ahead." He panted for breath, feeling a broken rib grating within his chest.

Adrian160596 likes this.
  9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I opened the door to the bloody angel out there and then she warned me... Dear gods, I didn't expect the music to be heard outside... I nearly killed the children... Idiot. I should've been more careful...

"Thank you very much Kathicia-san, you saved us." *bows* "I'll be sure to not play it again, we'll keep the noise controlled... Really, thank you so much. I couldn't bear seeing those children hurt... If you need rest, we can at least offer you some shelter I suppose..." Aaaand, she flew off before I could even finish...

Well, that's fine too I guess, let's hope she stays safe. I closed the door again and then barred it with a wooden board... It's not much, but it should hold for now...
    At about this time, I could hear the backdoor opening... Ah, Shiori-chan seems to be back... I quickly rushed towards her and saw that she was together with a dozen or so children... "Shiori-chan! I'm... I'm so glad you're all alright..." Damn it, my eyes are tearing up? Ugh... Worry about that later... "Me and the children were preparing some food and a bath for everyone at least... Couldn't do much more than that..." I smiled meekly... "Glad to see you were all able to come back safely too... Over here things seem to be fine now."

10. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    "Indeed, we're as safe as possible here, for the moment, at least. Shiori also has some tricks if they intend to attack us, but let's pray that we don't have to. Phew...Did anyone get injured just now?" (Shiori)

Hurrying over to a nearby cabinet, the little orphanage owner runmaged through the contents, before taking out a bundle of bandages, setting them on the table.

"Thanks for getting Vhera back safely, missus Aria...Shiori should have left Yuudachi at home to take care of the other children, at least..." (Shiori)

Adrian160596, AliceShiki and Razogul like this.
  11. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Killing the other two elementals behind him, he nods and says, "Don't die." and runs off closer to the church yet again. Seeing the cultist's body count getting more and more due to the adventurers, he smiles. "It seems like the adventurers and the church are making a heavy dent in their forces. This is quite good!"

Seeing more of those dark spirits, he sees them turn around suddenly and rush towards him. They looked malicious as they closed in on Raz. Already having enough time to gather his Ki, he shouts, "Purification!" and comes a bright golden light. The spirits scream in horror as their existence comes to an end. Feeling his Ki massively depleted due to the continuous usage of skills, he feels a bit faint.

Focusing himself, he sobers up and looks to the other cultists preparing their attacks. Readying his sword, he murmurs to himself, "Seems like this may be the intense fight I need to help me through this bottleneck! Since my Ki is all depleted, I just have to rely on my body!"

Yelling this, he starts killing the cultists while adjusting the flaws in his movements, training even while fighting subconsciously.

Adrian160596 and Arexio like this.
  12. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmm, Fris?"

Just as Phinimimilomimo was about ready to finish her rest, she heard a half-elf talk to her. Looking at him, she could see he was a little fatigued from using Mana, and noticed the number of people behind him who were seemingly injured but moving as if they'd been healed.

"Hello, Fris! Keep up the good work, Fris!"

Knowing that there were people outside the Church who still needed help, the little fairy flew off while waving energetically at the half-elf.

Coming out of the Church, Phinimimilomimo saw Vandrin fighting a few cultists. Wanting to help him, she flew next to him and cast [Berserk Dust] and [Arcane Armour] on him, before using [Entangle] to trip up his opponents.

OOC: @Haitaka
    X

13. michael.kx5

michael.kx5 [Sloth Incarnate][Lewd Overlord][The mediator]

Reading List:
    Link
    As the fastest (self-proclaimed) adventurer in town, Rei arrived at the church among the very first few.
    ''some were probably just in a closer position, yeah that's it."

The scene of carnage was terrible, and there were bodies of priests, cultists, and innocent civilians lying on the ground.
    Rei was already quite angry at those bastards, and this new scene didn't help calm her down at all.
    She was barely holding in her anger when suddenly a voice erupted from somewhere close by.
    The rage of the loud shout resonated with the anger within Rei herself, setting it free.
    "RHAAAAAAAGH!!!"

Rei uses "Berserker mode", all stats increase by 10%, pain nullification to user engaged. Time limit: one in-game hour.
    Side effects: inflict fear to all sane enemies within 3 posts.

With the effects of Berserker mode in place, Rei roared and shot from her position atop the nearby building like an arrow.
    With Lightning enhancement activated as well, Rei's speed made her almost invisible to the naked eye.
    Passing by multiple cultists, each one of them lost their heads before they could even comprehend they were dead.
    Rei stopped ahead of the dead cultists, both of her hands were dropped in blood and sparks were dancing in the air around them.
    On her face was a lunatic-like smile.

Mental condition "battle mania" has been added. Rei will now act on pure fighting instinct and won't follow complicated orders or directions and will try to take down as many enemies as possible, however she has enough sanity left to discern friends and foes. Effect will last until end of the battle or a shock to her systems such as loss of consciousness.

14. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Running around while saving as many civilians as he could, Van notices a large force, seemingly the culmination of the remaining cultist forces gathering to attack the church.

Several spirits use darkness against the priest, and fireballs are being let loose left and right.

"A meal", Night's Lily whispers in my mind as a dark aura begins to radiate around it.

"Sigh, we're going to save the people, not to feed you", Vandrin says as he rushes towards the church again

A small fairy he had met before, cast two spells on him. He notices a sheen of magic covering his body, and his speed increasing.

'Seems like this is going to be a final charge', Van thinks to himself casting Armor of Agathys on himself too, which mixes with the Arcane Armor, causing a magical projection of armor on his body.

Casting Green-Flamed blade on his sword again, he arrives at the large cultist force.

15. WhitesRabbit48

WhitesRabbit48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On his jaunt towards the church to revel in the chaos a few more plebians attempted to obstruct his festivities but all ended up taking eternal naps, the poor schmucks.

When he was almost at the church Lethe(?) came across a certain gourd headed adventurer arched over in pain.

"Hmmm. It's no good to injure yourself in the reveling, my friend. This body isn't strong enough for much, but I can at least give you a hand with that rib of yours. What do you say?"

Adrian160596 and Razogul like this.
  16. Arexio

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ah, okay. Will do."

Ryul barely managed to respond before the tiny fairy whizzed out of the church.

"Goodbye!" Ryul tried to shout out after her, but she had already left.

He sighed and sat down on one of the Church pews to recover some of his mana while Th'Kun, the elemental, stood guard and helped usher in any wandering civilians that happened to make it to the Church proper.

Adrian160596, Nahrenne and Razogul like this.
  17. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Rushing forward, the cultist take notice of Vandrin. Several send fireballs in his direction.

Using his increased speed, he avoids the brunt of most of them, some of the leather armor getting singed, but not major damage.

Arriving at the cultist, he begins to carve through with the increased strength of being Berserk. The longsword coated in a green-flame burns the enemies he strikes, killing some, but incapacitating most as the flame continues to burn on them after the slash.

Vandrin's body is sore, his mana is depleted, and his stamina is running low. Nonetheless he keeps pushing through. Slicing cultist after cultist. The ones he does not finish are killed by the priest, his fellow adventurers, the green-flame that keeps burning, or the small flame spirit.

'Dammit', he thinks to himself with his breathing getting rough.

"Gah!", one of the cultist hit him from behind with a fireball. While most of the damage was absorbed my the armors, he still has to catch himself before falling.

"Destroy", a voice whispers into his ear,

"Feed", the voice whispers again, a black shroud begins to coat the sword.

The black mist begins to rise up Vandrins arms. Ignoring it, he continues swinging his sword at the cultist, trying to take down as many as he can.

"Soon", the voice whispers into his ear again.

18. System

System Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After the initial panic, the city guards, aided by the adventurers were able to slowly take control of the situation... It shouldn't come as much of a surprise... After all, if they had enough firepower to take out the city, they wouldn't need to come up with an elaborate scheme to curse it in the first place.

Yet, they didn't seem like they intended to give up yet. Rather, their vigor seems as big as ever.

A large charge of cultists approached the church, their very leader in the center of the formation... They chant, they all chant together a hellish song, and from their efforts, a large green meteorite collides with the church's upper half, crumbling the already damaged church and making its top fall in the ground.

The meteor rises, ready to destroy.

[​IMG]

The cultists are marveled by their creation, even if they heavily pant with exhaustion, they seem fixed in one objective... Getting rid of the church, once and for all.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Situation update!

• Most of the cultists forces seem to have been suppressed, while not all of the spread ones are gone, most seem to be going for the church.
    • The cultist leader seems to be leading a final charge towards the church, together with a flaming meteor golem, they seem very dedicated to destroying it all.
    • Most cultists seem to be pretty tired by now, though still having enough vigor to fight.

Zone Q11, Kysil, A5G_Reaper and 7 others like this.
  19. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    "You gotta be messing with me", Vandrin says with admonishment seeing the giant flaming golem.

'Stella bring me my bag, I need it", he says through their link, having the small hawk grab his bag, flying it over to him quickly during a period where the cultist were not near him.

Reaching into the bag, he grabs a health potion, and the pouch on moonlight flowers, "Thank you Stella, please bring it back to the original spot", he said patting her head.

With Stella flying away, Vandrin moves his mask and begins to eat two of his moonlight flowers, focusing on gathering as much mana as he can from them. A feeling of pure mana is sent through his body, but being unexperienced in gathering mana from such a source, he pushes his already injured body to recover, causing his nose to being to bleed while his mana capacity moves back up to about thirty percent.

Wiping the blood away with his hand, he puts his mask back on, waiting for some fellow adventurers to back him to attack the flaming golem.

20. Arexio

Reading List:
    Link
    Chaos.

That one word pretty much accurately described the current situation. After resting for some time, Ryul was caught by complete surprise as a massive explosion occurred and the ceiling itself came crashing down.

There were shouts and screams everywhere as people were buried by the debris. With a hurt shoulder, Ryul tried to free as many people as possible. Th'Kun lifted some of the heavier pieces that he himself couldn't.

The half-elf briefly wondered if he would have any reinforcements to come help him out as he continued to move from person to trapped person.