Spoiler (BL) My Former Significant Others Were All Alphas

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Dragon_Reader, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    NU link - https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-former-significant-others-were-all-alphas-abo/

NU summary -
    Xia Lin was a beta. More importantly, he possessed the mystical ability where every alpha that dates him would meet their destined omega.

Xia Lin: If I date another alpha, I’ll live-broadcast myself eating my keyboard. All machinery, no sugar!

[The summary seems pretty interesting. Unlike usual omegaverse, this one has the protagonist as a Beta. But it also seems as if there will be lots of heartbreak maybe? So looking for spoilers, want to know what's going to happen and the tags to this story are betrayal and misunderstanding. So does the ML cheat on him with an omega? Is it going to be stupid shitty misunderstanding that makes one want to bang their heads to the wall and watch it splatter? Is it going to be full of drama and crying and stuff?]

2. Asdfg

Asdfg Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it harem? Raws?

3. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well at least it's Chinese and only 10 chapters. I find that japanese raw novels are harder to find than Chinese.

Looks interesting and sad at the same time.

4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s only 10 chapters, you might as well go mtl it

5. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some ch summaries pls

6. Deleted member 132527

Deleted member 132527 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    *wait for more chapter summaries*

7. cirrus74

cirrus74 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kai En decides to get married with that destined omega and invites MC (he also says he still loves MC btw *rolls eyes*). MC says ok, he’s bringing his boyfriend also and gets one of his beta friends (a designer) to pretend to be his date.

ML is a director (Xue Ze Nan) at the company, he knows Kai En. Insists he does not like omegas even though he is an alpha. MC gets drunk during the wedding dinner (?) and is taken home by ML. MC wakes up to ML arguing on the phone with his dad that no, he doesn’t want to marry an omega, the person he likes is...

ML asks MC ‘you don’t remember me? We met once when it was raining and you bought me ice cream and told me to be brave.’ MC has no recollection.

To get ML to stop coming onto him, he arranges for him to meet a pretty omega. ML sends the omega home at his request and then takes leave for the next few days.

MC is sad (lol), thinking he was having his rut with that omega. ML returns to company after a few days looking sickly, saying he’d gone for an operation (I think it was some pheromone adjustment, gland removal thing). MC and ML get together and MC finally remembers meeting a cute little girl before and buying her an ice cream. (ML said something like his parents dressed him up as a girl when he was young).

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Scapezz, alexfilia, Unsaltea and 18 others like this.
  8. vasiliassy

vasiliassy Lol hehe

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay another different type story of omegaverse that didn't focus at stupid lust but unique story :blob_pompom:
    Thank you for the spoiler~

9. FengYuyi

FengYuyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ml removed his gland thingy???

10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing that produces pheromones

11. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From all the ABO original/fanfics I've read, that's like castration for Alphas.

Rangeles and Shizun like this.
  12. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    How many ABO stories have you read? :blobamused::blobwink:

13. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot.

Shizun likes this.
  14. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Any recs for good ones?

15. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really, it's been years. And I do mean years, I'm not that young anymore. I've passed my obsession with jt after I met Danmei. There's a whole lot new things to obsess with, ABO being one of many.

So. Many. Interesting. Stuff. Sluurpp...

Scapezz and Haruka1409 like this.
  16. LavenderBlizzard

LavenderBlizzard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fated partner? I thought only Japanese lit have this kind of thing. Chinese lit that I read rarely have it. I love ABO au. But I just have a little knowledge about it. Chinese and Japanes are a bit different.

Nah, never mind, sometimes it depends on the author. They have their own ABO rules hahaha

17. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting for a short story. And Sakhyu does a great job translating it.
    I've encountered this phenomenon before, Doumeki Shizuka in xxxHolic was dressed in girl's kimono when he was young. It was believed to ward off evil/bad vibes, and to strengthen his constitution, because he's always sickly as a child.

Poor_Hero likes this.
  18. Little_Cutie_Stars

Little_Cutie_Stars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About the ML’s surgery. Does it mean that he’s doing it because he doesn’t want to find his destined person so he can be with the MC instead? Since he’s an alpha and all and he’s getting his gland removed, it sounds like he doesn’t want to be an alpha anymore.

19. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    My own interpretation is that he just wants to prove to MC that he’s determined to be with him. Because basically the gland is what produces the hormones that make alphas attracted to suitable omegas and vice versa.

Iirc, when he was arguing with his dad on the phone he said something like ‘destined omegas’ are just omegas that are more compatible with the alpha and not all that rare or special as it’s made out to be (but I may be wrong since honestly this novel isn’t all that memorable to me, didn’t really care much for it).