Question Transcending the Nine Heavens, some general questions (is it sad?)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by LegionUnderground, Feb 24, 2019.

1. LegionUnderground

LegionUnderground Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey,

I recently asked for some recommendations for nice harem stories without much drama. Beside some other novels Transcending the Nine Heavens was recommended. I'm sure that i heard the name before but decided to not read it for some reason, but even after a few days i just can't remember why. That’s why i wanted to ask, if someone read the story and could tell me a little about it?

Especially; I really hate sad stuff like nice characters dying, separations, rejected love aso. and things like that are oft the reason why i really don't wanna read stories or hate and immediately drop stories if something like that happens. So could someone tell me if there are things like that happening? Or in general other stuff that could be considered as sad?

I know that the story focuses a lot on the harem/polygamy and the relationships between everyone and I know that some of those relations are a bit difficult at the beginning, but as long as there is an happy end for every woman its fine for me I guess ^^

I just don’t know if I was told something “terrible” that would happen some when in the story or if I just mixed something up and I really should read the story ^^ So it would be really great if you could help me there :x

2. Superioreos

Superioreos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the whole thing on mtl. It was a while ago so I don't remember perfectly. I think that all the sad parts (related to the main cast) eventually are fixed, the harem ends up happily even though they go through tough times. There are some sad deaths, but they are not from the main cast. Side characters at most. I loved the series.

LegionUnderground likes this.
  3. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmm how do I say this,
    He makes women fall in love with him but is like focused on his beloved from his past life and stuff so he breaks the heart of a few women. But I think in the future he will get back together with them but that doesn't happen for at least 1000 chapters.

4. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    There wasn't anything really tragic in it, at least in the long run.

5. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I generally hate these things too. I looked at this novel some time ago and I didn't find any sad parts that I would hate. There are some irritating parts and there is a separation, but I think it's warranted and it is not really a forceful separation. My problem with the novel was is that it was more convoluted than I wanted, but overall I think it's a fine novel to read while turning off your brain to kill time. There are, however other reasons not to read it, for example, the main waifu, who is being hated by many. And she is 9 years old or something at the time of her introduction....

6. LegionUnderground

LegionUnderground Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, thanks you four for the answers. Mhh, i agree with @sgrey that the novel dosn't sound "perfect" for my taste, but i'm just really lagging stuff i want to read. I'm just finishing "Dragon King is Son-In-Law" (pretty good, very slow in romance but really nice to read and even if the female lead is annoying most of the time, there is change later on ^^) so i'm desperately looking for something else ^^

@Superioreos mentioned that the things regarding the harem get fixed over time so thats good to hear. @zhainan2157 it would really be sad if he actually breaks the heat of those woman in long-term... i really hope you are right and they will have an happyend with him as well.

Well, since i don't really have something else to read atm. i guess i'll try it. And i just really really hope that i don't dislike the mc to much because he "hurts" those woman or the "not really forceful separation"... i just hate it if girls suffer in those novels :c

7. Sena

Sena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really sad and tragic what happened to the translation, if that counts. I liked the story, but couldn't bring myself to keep reading after chapter 300 or so when it was picked up by a lazy translator who churned out barely-above-MTL quality and didn't care to fix really glaring mistakes (which popped up repeatedly in every chapter). And then QI hired that translator, and the quality dropped even further from there.

sgrey and redaka0 like this.
  8. redaka0

redaka0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally agree, when it was on Walk The Jiang Hu, the translation was soo good. The translator there really took time and care into delivering quality translations which upheld the more subtle themes and implied meanings in the writing which made it much more enjoyable than most stories on novelupdates.

It had a quality to it since the realizations Chu Yang had on nature and cultivation were interesting to read and I sometimes learned a bit from them as well.

Now it's just barely readable and a far cry from what it was. It's a shame that Qidian picked the lazy translator too since there was another translation group that was trying to translate with decent quality(although not as good as Walk The Jianghu) they were doing their best and it was pretty good.

But that had to stop since Qidian took the license and gave it to the lazy group and I haven't enjoyed the story much since.

9. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    It was the first novel I finished in MTL for that reason lol. I guess I have Qidian to thank for getting into MTL.