Spoiler Dumb Husky and his White Cat Shizun

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Cypress, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    *facepalms very hard on face*
    Oh Lord :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: I can't wait to read these parts honestly
    Ugghh my kokoro....has been hit again...:blobsob:

ML's disciples were tasks to bring him back, right? Alive I mean?
    How do they go about doing that? @MonaLily said that 3 parts of his soul are separated??
    Do they have to bring all three together? Then ML revives??

(sorry I'm the type of person that puts Q's on top of Q's :notlikeblob:)

MonaLily likes this.
  2. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    No probs lol, your questions make this spoiler thread easier to answer. XD

So what happens is this. That scene in which Shimei dies and MWY gets super angry in the 1st life? A hell chasm/rip thing is unsealed and the world's going to suffer a huge monster invasion/end unless it's resealed. CWN is a master at creating things like enchantments, so he's in charge of resealing it. In the process, CWN reseals the chasm but Shimei dies. I don't think it was intentional on CWN's part I think, it just happened. Consequences are that Shimei's soul was dispersed and he died.

In this 2nd life, the timeline for the hell chasm is moved forward. Instead of CWN & Shimei on the frontlines, it's CWN & MWY -- MWY is over his grudge and doesn't want Shimei to die, so he's willing to take his place. But this time, CWN is the one who dies.

We all know how well MWY reacted to CWN's death in the 1st life. He doesn't react any better in this 2nd life. Vomits blood and passes out in despair.

Then when he wakes up, it's like he forgets about it. He's happy Shimei is alive. He has an argument with Xue Meng over whether or not shizun's the type to save anyone and I think Xue Meng hits him with a clue brick and he finds out that cute lil bro was actually CWN. MWY is still trying to adjust his worldview when Xue Meng breaks down and tells him how he could he be such a beast about shizun, because shizun's gone.

MWY is offline.

......:blob_teary:

3. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Phew~ I'm glad I'm not making any trouble :aww:
    Ah then, in the 1st life event, did ML not try anything to save Shimei becuz he knew it was impossible?
    MC got really hurt by ML's indifference at Shimei's death.
    So, did ML actually cared but just couldn't do anything about it? or was he truly indifferent to Shimei's death?
    Ehhhh....:blobastonished:

MC was so incredibly grief-stricken by ML's death that he fainted and forgot about his death like coping mechanisms/denial?!

4. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    CWN probably did care. It turns out stopping the hell chasm took EVERYTHING out of him. So he didn't have energy for anything after. As Xue Meng reveals, CWN somehow managed the miraculous feat of dragging an unconscious MWY with him to the living world (since they were in the hell chasm while stopping it I think) despite being completely drained of power and then finally died. CWN never expected he'd survive, as indicated by his shoving some defensive talismans onto MWY before all this. We can assume that it's much the same case with Shimei (and Shimei, you have to remember, is nowhere near as strong as MWY or Xue Meng).

That part was a bit fuzzy, but that was what I got from MTL. MWY just shut down. Then Xue Meng brought it all back to him again and this time shut down didn't work. MWY's grieving knifes so badly to read. T^T

We also get a flashback of what happened leading up to CWN's death in the 1st life. Turns out MWY was threatening to hurt Xue Meng and some other people unless CWN gave himself (like his body too) up and CWN did. Then MWY sorta ate unconscious vinegar and wanted to kill Xue Meng but CWN burned the rest of his life force and died -- his ultimatum to MWY was that he at least had the power to kill himself if he was going to touch Xue Meng and the rest. Of course, seeing CWN about to die and then die snuffed it all outta MWY. He completely didn't cope with CWN dying AT ALL (hence the lotus pool and body preservation) and would rather at least pretend that CWN was still alive. Waifu#1 (most beautiful woman in the world) was creeped out but also felt sorry for him because he was so sad (not that MWY admits it).

5. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh Geezus :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

It seems Xue Meng is the MVP at this moment. If it weren't for him I don't MC would've understood perfectly what ML did...
    So, it took 5 years for ML to revive. Does the novel cover what MC went through within those 5 years of Shizun's death?
    Also, at what chapter will ML come back? and How did they find it was him? and How did MC react to his comeback??

@scriptor:cookie:

Shimizu Yuki likes this.
  6. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Still reading lol, I'll update tomorrow after sleeping. But I assume soon? A husky's still a dog lol, I don't doubt his tracking senses. :blobxd:

michoux and Fiorisi like this.
  7. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay~ Will wait patiently :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Ohh true! This is a story about a doggy and kitty lol. Thanks for answering my questions! Have a good sleep Scriptor-san

8. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! Just read a little more and gonna drop this here before I go to bed for reals.

So. Now I know why the graves of his wives have cooking-related names.

Wife#1 tried to a typical harem play for power. Before CWN died, there was an incident during which MWY was away and she 'punished' him by getting all ten of his nails ripped out. She tries to get MWY's attention by suggesting he seal up the tomb/coffin/lotus pond but this is last straw for MWY and he commands his servants to cook her alive.

RIP Empress of Braised Pork or whatever your name is on the stone.

9. MonaLily

MonaLily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i just got the full spoilers and lemme say WHAT WE SEEM TO UNDERSTAND IS NOT THE TRUTH... AT ALL. shizun "dies at around ch97ish and came back at succesfully revive at chp124 (not including soul!shizun)

the book only covers some events of MC when ML was sleeping during the 5 years. mostly how MC wanders the world to help people and became strong.
    and actually MC is the one who brought ML back. when ML died MC search for his soul and even went to the underworld. after that's ML's master aided in restoring ML's life, but unfortunately the process takes 5 years so... yeah.

when ML first woke up, there was a feast to celebrate. MC was still somewhere else and did not manage to get back in time. however after the feast, ML went to take a bath and met the MC who's also taking a bath. turns out MC already arrived but thinks he is dirty from all the travelling and want to be at the best look when reuniting with ML. but now they just stare awkwardly at each other's body and pick up soaps. what a reunion.

10. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel bad... I chuckled at the "Empress of Braised Pork"
    Best reunion :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

So, it was just MC alone who restored Shizun's soul? *sigh* Silly boys so much misunderstandings :blobsad:

What happens after the bath? Did they have a chance to talk things out?

midnight reader likes this.
  11. Kirihara Maya

Kirihara Maya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All ML's disciples took part in trying to find his soul but only MC managed to find all of them. So MC is the one who have to go to Underworld to find the last soul. And thankfully...he got to see what he 'miss' in his first life :cookie:

Funny/Adorable moments (that I could remember):
    1. ML always eating alone because of his cold looks and aura so no one aside from the elders chat him up or eating with him. But when he got shrunk into child, there's actually another reason why:blobjoy:, It's because of his peculiar taste for food (MTL said it's salty bean) or how he eats with some strange combination. He knew this since MC and his other fellow disciples confessed about it without knowing that the child is ML:blobjoy::blobjoy:

2. (Not so sure if it's correct) First time ML heard that MC was going to the feast held to celebrate his resurrection from sect leader, he immediately changed his clothes including his socks (The sect leader the one asking what he was doing):blobjoy::blobjoy:

3. During the feast, ML was anticipating MC's appearance but until the end he never got to see him and sulking. Only the sect leader notice it and asked why he's unhappy

4. First time meeting after 5 years, ML got smitten by MC's grown-up figure (He just got dazed and never knew it's MC). After some conversation, ML couldn't hold his shyness and fled from the pool. He told MC they're going to continue to talk after he (MC) got dressed. MC only helplessly look at ML and said that (the one ML wearing) is his. ML immediately flee from the scene :blobjoy::blobjoy:

5. The morning after, ML attended some kind of ceremony (?) where all disciples gathered still wearing MC's clothes unknowingly :blobjoy: MC tried to tell him through gesture but ML still clueless until he stared down at himself :blobjoy::blobjoy:

Currently reading around 145-ish and only MC confessed to ML with ML misunderstood those as a pity. I just want to lock them up together in a room until they talked it out :blobunamused:

12. MonaLily

Reading List:
    Link
    oh yeah!! there also this part where ML was reading books to catch up with what happened within the 5 years. and then ML accidentally saw a " cultivator d!ck ranking" and MC was ranked the first!!! ML's imagination went wild so that night ML had a wet dream and had his first morning wood after being dead for 5 years (or probably his whole entire life)

the countryside ( "yu liang village" i believe?) is the funniest shit ever. the awkward boner but in denial arc.

13. Kirihara Maya

Kirihara Maya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He got the 'proof' later :blobjoy: After some sparring and ML accidentally fell on MC:blobjoy: ML (somehow, unconsciously) agreed with that book:blobjoy::blobjoy:

But ML is really clueless in intimate department. First time reading he thought it was some normal body measurements or something until the very later. I almost laughed out loud when I read it if not for the fact there's another person besides me :blobjoy::blobjoy:

14. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't wait when the translations reach these moments it'll surely be one gold mine to read up on:blobrofl:

Oh yeah guys~ @MonaLily @scriptor @Kirihara Maya
    Would it be alright to ask for an event compilation of the chapters?
    Sort of like: From chap 1-5 is about MC's first life. Chap 6-10 is the start of the second life etc...

15. aldehyde_chan

aldehyde_chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read this novel till chapter 56 and my heart feels like it has been stomped over several times ....I really want to know, do we get fluff at some point?

16. MonaLily

Reading List:
    Link
    there is fluff!! i think the "happier ones" are the one where ML turns into a kid(around 60) and the Yu Liang Village arc! (around 125) and a lot more near the ending!

Shimizu Yuki likes this.
  17. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    So that means everything up until chap 125 is nothing but angst!? :blobfearful::sweating_profusely::blob_teary:

michoux likes this.
  18. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, there's definitely fluff, no worries! This novel is a mix of a whole lot of feels leading up to shizun's dramatic death and after, but if you want real fluff/humor, things get better once shizun is revived.

So carrying where I last left off:

Turns out there's a way to regather CWN's scattered soul/revive him. In 1st life, there was a buddhist master who had this specialty but he died (of old age or something, he didn't manage to ascend) before MWY could invite him over to help. In this 2nd life, this master isn't dead yet and he's invited over to take a look. According to him, it's a risky task that involves finding the 3 scattered souls in Hell (where living beings are not allowed) and if the person trying it fails, their own soul gets scattered as well and both souls will never enter the cycle of reincarnation again (i.e. complete destruction).

Xue Meng the poor shizun fanboy fights MWY over the rights, so they both end up doing it. The person who lucks out is MWY because he ends up finding shizun. There's also a plot point that shizun apparently has at least two souls? (and I don't mean scattered soul parts)

1st soul part MWY comes across makes him fall down on his knees and cry. It's shizun's soul trying to make wontons for him despite looking exactly like he did when he died -- fingers bloodied and flesh torn and all.

2nd soul part was in some kind of 'scattered souls clinic' in the underworld. MWY gets a bad taste in his mouth when this soul part of CWN is so fragile that he can't touch it -- his hand goes right through him.

3rd soul part (sort of but also not really) hilariously is comatose and about to be offered up as a pleasure servant/slave/concubine to the 4th ghost king of Hell. MWY does a lot of begging in front of CWN's comatose body until he wakes up and MWY basically pulls a bride-stealing in front of the ghost king. The ghost king's funny because he takes it in good humor when MWY says he'll get married with CWN (since the ghost king isn't interested in husband/wife couples). But it falls apart when he notices MWY's a living person.

Cameo in Hell by that prostitute at the beginning of the story, the one who wanted to trick MWY. You feel sorry for him when he goes on about his sob story (like he sold his body to make a living and his first customer was when he was 13-15 yrs old and by a middle-aged daoist). Then he pulls sh*t like playing on CWN's feelings to try to estrange them so he can make a jailbreak from Hell. I mean SERIOUSLY, they already agreed to let you come along and you do this???? Numerous times, MWY just wanted to kill him. I don't blame him.

Fluffy things that made me squee and my heart melt: MWY apologizes to CWN very seriously and also tells him he was wrong, he's the best shizun ever. There was also a funny line about how CWN was like a crab without its shell armor in front of MWY because MWY sees right past his angry front to his kind heart.

Anyway, CWN is rescued successfully! But recovery/full revival takes 5 yrs lol...hence time skip. Xue Meng decides to make achievements among the sects. MWY leaves (he's no longer interested in fame or anything like that) to get stronger, making the resolution that instead of being a destroyer like in his 1st life, he's going to be a protector. T^T

More spoilers later~

19. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Loool!! @scriptor

The first half of the soul finding journey is angsty. The second one is a mix of fluff & comedy. The last one being infruiating thanks to Cameo.

This whole novel is the definition of an "emotional roller coaster ride."

20. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    IT IS THE BEST ROLLER COASTER RIDE.

Where I'm at right now, MWY is going around minor villages and places to learn the world and also be a good guy. He also realizes that he's apparently missed CWN so much that he's taken on some of his habits of dress, etc. because he's always thinking of/looking for him.

There seems to be an angsty side BL couple/love triangle other than our main CP: one is this guy that MWY killed in his last life but was an enemy he extremely respected (he was torn up and even half his face gone but he stuck to his beliefs), one is the shixiong/shidi to that guy, and the 3rd is Empress Braised Pork (white lotus b*tch -- I hope she's better in this life but MWY POV seems to indicate it's unlikely).

MWY still has an extreme grudge against her from 1st life from what she did to CWN -- he goes on to think how she looks great outside but inside she's a disgusting moldy insect. When she offers a toast to him, he doesn't take it and even wipes his hands with a towel after because he's disgusted at having touched her.