Recommendations Fanfics with Cunning and Ruthless SIs

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by SweetShireen, Feb 25, 2019.

1. SweetShireen

SweetShireen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've recently gotten into SI (self insert) fanfiction and am already gettin sick with the SIs who have a whole universe of wealth in the form of knowledge but they just...go with the flow and dont try to change anything significant from canon. I want an SI who uses their knowledge to their benefit, not just a few dumb breaks here and there, but actively PLANNING and getting shit done, not afraid to get their hands dirty and make big moves.

Scylox likes this.
  2. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    i have a potential suggestion which fits the 'does significant stuff to change things for their benefit' but it isnt an SI fic. it is an OC fic though (as far as i can tell.)

3. SweetShireen

Reading List:
    Link
    like an OC with Meta knowledge? Ill take it!

4. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    THIS
    Protag has knowledge of what is supposed to happen and takes action to change that. Gets their hands dirty and is willing to do anything as long as it helps the goal. There's also 100 chaps up so far.

5. NogardterceS

NogardterceS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Twelve step program to omnipotence is a pretty good one

6. Scylox

Scylox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know where you're coming from. I feel it's lazy when the SI/OC (with meta knowledge) just decides to either follow the original hero's party or is afraid of making their own path because it would mean not knowing what happens in the future. It's sometimes even worse when the SI is actively part of the story, but the exact same scenarios as canon happen with no changes.

SweetShireen likes this.
  7. Dolfitos

Dolfitos 『Kingsize』 『Jason of N.U.F』

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too, but I don't think think there is a problem with a protagonist that doesn't want to change the plot, I feel the problem is that the world actually doesn't change regardless of the OC presence

Scylox likes this.
  8. lordbio

lordbio Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Check out Dire Worm: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/dire-worm-worm-au-oc.300816/

Its the first story by one of my favorite authors Andrew Seiple. The series begins as him writing an Original Character (Dire) into a work of fan work (Worm). I never read the original work but I really loved Dire's character, and I got a lot of information about the original work from reading the forum comments. Basically, Dire makes the entire Fanfictions Universe a better place and makes the story go off the rails just by being herself.

Best part is she's really not a Mary Sue character, and is extremely well written in motivation and actions.

9. SweetShireen

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried reading Worm but i didnt get far it was too draggy for me.
    I will def give this a try tho

10. SweetShireen

Reading List:
    Link
    EXACTLY. Like you have EVERYTHING, WHY are you fumbling in the fark? If I wanted a retelling of canon events I wouldnt be reading fanfiction smh
    Do you have any good suggestions?

Scylox likes this.
  11. Scylox

Scylox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have many to recommend, unfortunately, but here's a few.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13183803/1/Kings-Never-Die - this one is a DC SI (Damian Wayne), there's not a lot of chapters released, but what I've read so far definitely has potential. It's kinda dark.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12782949/1/Frost - DBZ SI, son of King Cold. It hasn't been updated in a while and it might be discontinued, but it's definitely worth checking out.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11826167/1/The-Name-of-the-Game - RWBY/The Gamer SI (takes over Jaune's body, of sorts). It's a long one, not completed yet, but very well written. There's smut and incest (if you can call it that), worth the read imo.

12. bloodsword

bloodsword Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link