Spoiler <BL> Blooming Romance

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine
    @iampsyx @insteadofdeath @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime
    @LaDyViL @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @rainbowturtle @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie
    @UpInTheAir
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro
    @324722

2. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i guess it makes no sense irl, but hey everything is possible in danmei world~
    And yes he suddenly grow a womb out of nowhere (cmiiw mtl is hard wuwuwu)

No you must be talking about Strongly Pampered Male Wife hehe, its a different novel

Hmm lets see...from what i remember the first half of the novel is about their journey in usa and uk, try ch60+ bcs they will meet again 1 year after MC gave birth to lil bun. But dont worry there will be time skip so you wont wait for too long. Oh and the marriage is in the end of the novel/one of the extras (forgot...)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    puu264, Ease, morticia_addams and 2 others like this.
  3. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting...modern setting though...probably a nice read for changing it up between supernatural/futuristic/xianxia/fantasy... dammit i need to get back on focus, but so tired lately x.x

Kleep likes this.
  4. Raizendeville

Raizendeville [The Idle Lord] (눈_눈)| [Piñata Infantry Commander]

Reading List:
    Link
    The Wedding:oops:
    MC thought ML got stranded in traffic, and then the sound system is malfunctioning (which was all just an excuse to keep him busy they didn't thought MC will fix it himself ), then suddenly ML sings (the song he sings when they were reminiscing the time MC left him where he let him sing Scarborough Fair thus wanted to make a happy memory to erase the pain of that time), which shock MC then the wedding is on~~~ baby is so cute, just being a cute little thing there in the sides saying dad and daddy.....:blobmelt:

note: just skip it then start at the middle of the video :)

5. purple_mangosteen

purple_mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The funny moment is when ML and his friend, who was a famous actor, came to visit ML's son.

For the baby, ML is practically an stranger, so he is skirmish around this unknown person. But baby is very receptive and friendly towards ML's actor friend. ML was puzzled, why his own son prefers other person?

He got his answer when MC's mum turn on TV to watch daily drama series where ML's actor friend starred as protagonist. Everyday mum and her grandson plus family dog watch the drama so they became familiar with him.

ML was like, nooooooo, it's unfair advantage!

6. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wanted to comment that one unique thing I liked about this novel was the somewhat more mature/"realistic" take on romance between its main characters. (lol I know, talking about realism in a novel with Mpreg...)
    I know most Danmei novels (in fact, like pretty much all romance novels) focus very heavily on the beginning stages of a relationship. You know, the whirlwind honeymoon phase where the two characters are getting to know each other and share that passionate spark.

In this novel, MC and ML very much have a whirlwind honeymoon period when they first got to know each other. (cough cough MC was throwing around his money and having fun like his life was ending--and he thought it was). Here MC enjoys ML's passionate spontaneity and adorable bluster, while ML is very much attracted to MC's frankness as well as the hints of MC's deeper struggles.
    As their "honeymoon" period comes to a close and they must start to "return to reality", ML eagerly brings up the possibility of continuing their relationship into the future with MC. Unfortunately, that's when MC drops off the face of the earth because he thinks he doesn't have a future to give ML.

Later when MC and ML later get back together after their separation, their relationship has indeed taken a much more down-to-earth tone. This is the kind of love that we see in our own daily lives: the quiet peaceful moments, not endless wild partying. Taking care of a kid together, getting to know each other's friend circles, reconciling with and meeting each other's families, negotiating around each other's work schedules, etc.

There's one moment later in the novel where ML encounters an unexpected work project that conflicts with the time he and MC had planned for him to meet MC's parents. While trying to get the project cancelled, he doesn't tell MC and MC's family about this scheduling mishap until the very last minute because he doesn't want to let MC down. Of course, he ends up stuck with the project and MC's parents aren't too happy about his no-show. MC later discusses with him about the importance of open communication, emphasizing that while ML's passionate spontaneity is nicely romantic, it still has a realistic downside.

While some readers were upset at MC giving ML a hard time for this, I really liked this contrast between MC and ML's personalities. Scenes like this establish MC as a functional working adult who acknowledges his responsibilities and duties to others: mature and understanding at times yet also overly cynical at others. Compare that to ML who is very much youthful and fiery--his vigor helps MC rekindle his passion for life, but ML can sometimes be a little bit of an overgrown kid who needs MC's help to learn how to "adult" lol.

7. azinine

azinine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A higly good LN. If you're one of those readers who likes to read mpreg story with a lot of follow ups about the little bun, then this is for u. For me, this is a story about freedom, love, forgiveness and growing up. If you actually think about the storyline and not just about the romance, this LN is actually quite educational.

It starts with MC breaking free from his rigid, passive life and actually starting to live due to a misdiagnosis. And then getting his wish of finally finding his love due to a misunderstanding. I like how the journey that MC and ML took is actually for both of them and not just one of them. I really saw how both characters grew in this novel.

MC learned freedom and open-mindedness from ML, while ML learned maturity and responsibility from MC. I especially like that because of the circumstances they managed to reconcile with their families. Little bun is adorable and you actually read about him growing up which is a big plus for mw on this LN.

I see the little bun as actually a little genius as he grew up. He was a very agreeable baby and as he grew up you will see just how good he was taught by his parents, grandparents and other people around him. Although the last part for me was the most heartbreaking. Little Bun loved their dog so much that even though there were plenty hilarious moments where the dog, Chu Xiaopeng/Fatty/Chubby (thanks google translate), was shown to be the number 1 in Bun-Bun's heart, author-san still showed about teaching little bun about death and life. That part really made me cry.

All-in-all this is a nice read for a relaxing day....
    :blobokhand::cookie::blobReach:

8. Ghost_of_a_Witch

Ghost_of_a_Witch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC apparently has some special biology that allows him to get pregnant. This is kind of a plot hole for me because the doctors discovering his pregnancy are total chill about it, like there was a precedent before. But in the world building nothing hints at something like that, besides the medical professionals, men carrying babies seems to be news to everyone. The docs also calmly explain to MC that his earlier misdiagnosis might have had something to do with imbalances in his hormone levels which are connected to his fertile periods.

Saw someone mentioning ML's hair going white earlier and that reminded me of one of my favorite moments in the novel... After receiving that call from MC, and figuring out he is alive, ML is ecstatic and is eager to reconnect with him. In his rush he is somehow reminded about his half-gone-white hair, then he goes: 'Where is my hair dye? Did I even buy some?' :ROFLMAO: Poor thing is always anxious to look his best in front of MC, after all his looks were one of the first things that attracted MC to him.

And to add a bit more about JiTianze: As it was already said earlier, the police picked him up at the end of both of his appearances. After the first time, when he caused the little bun's early arrival, MC's father (who normally doesn't condone getting physical) hires some guy to rough him up. After the second time MC decides to get things into his own hand to make a point, since neither of the times was it him calling the police on JT, and he goes to pay a visit to the man at the police station. There, he makes a phone call right in front of JT to JT's very homophobic father. Taking great pains to explain to the man how his son keeps harassing him and chasing after him like a homosexual man would.

9. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shizun, Shunraiki and Zhen_Qing like this.
  10. Hikari111

Hikari111 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I join your sect???

11. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, not founded by me though. Welcome~

dreamxx likes this.
  12. Hikari111

Hikari111 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!!!!! :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Zhen_Qing likes this.
  13. dreamxx

dreamxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I join it too pretty please :aww::aww::aww:

14. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, welcome~

dreamxx likes this.
  15. Shunraiki

Shunraiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, I thought 'man can get pregnant' is the absolute logic in Yaoi World, you don't question it, but now, I can see it is not a hoax~! :blobfearful:

16. dreamxx

dreamxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay!!! :sushi_thankyou:

17. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Liking the story.
    Reading the translation, and wow the 'dating' chapters are long! XD
    Kinda disappointed the smexy time is fade to black, or there's none at all :blobconfused: